FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 08.29.2014, 15:06

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed 04.04.2012, 12:10 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 17085
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
FLPatsFan wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:
Do old people wear hats? I thought you grew out of that when you graduated college.

They will be well represented among urban youth throughout the nation. Youth spend money on frivolous things. That's who marketers target first with products like these.

:(

I don't really care. I wear a hat when I haven't showered and need to run errands. That's about it. But what a man does with his head is his business.

The point stands, though, that the general population of the tank (white males aged 25-40, probably) isn't by any means the target market for those hats. I am sure they will sell quite well.

Hair club for men $2500 -$5000 per year. 2 baseball caps $34.99 per year. Hats explaination.

PostPosted: Wed 04.04.2012, 12:25 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 53268
Donate
chi.gif
:lol:

Fair enough. My hair isn't falling out yet.

Pair of clippers: $30. Buzz it short. No hats, no styling, no baldness, no worries. Just saying.

PostPosted: Wed 04.04.2012, 13:51 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
Packers decide on 0 changes to the uniforms.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... ll-changes

Basically just exchanged the Reebok symbol for a Nike one. Not even new materials technology, which seems weird. If it's lighter and more efficient, I don't know why you wouldn't want it.

But I guess nobody accused the cheese breathers of being particularly brainy...

PostPosted: Wed 04.04.2012, 14:23 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10899
Donate
gb.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
Packers decide on 0 changes to the uniforms.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... ll-changes

Basically just exchanged the Reebok symbol for a Nike one. Not even new materials technology, which seems weird. If it's lighter and more efficient, I don't know why you wouldn't want it.

But I guess nobody accused the cheese breathers of being particularly brainy...

To be fair, the Eagles, Falcons, Packers and Raiders all decided to go with old uniforms. Panthers are using the old fabric too (probably due to silver), even though the style is tad different.

Word is for the Eagles, they couldn't get the color shade right with the new fabric. Perhaps it's the same story with the iconic cheesehead yellow of the Packers, or the Raider's silver.

Or it could be the fact that the new uni's have fabric that changes color when you sweat.

Now the field will look like a bunch of grown men in Spandex that forgot to lift up their shirts when they took a piss at halftime.

Changes: http://www.uni-watch.com/2012/04/04/tea ... -uniforms/

PostPosted: Wed 04.04.2012, 15:01 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
Who cares what it looks like if it makes you perform better.

I wore short shorts when I ran in college. It wasn't because I have sexy thighs.

PostPosted: Wed 04.04.2012, 15:02 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 33220
Donate
det.gif
they look sexy in my mind, ya big truckdriver

PostPosted: Wed 04.04.2012, 15:09 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 34036
Donate
car.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:

I wore short shorts when I ran in college. It wasn't because I have sexy thighs.

Let me know what actual measurables it helps. They aren't swimmers or bikers where they are moving in a straight line and water or air resistance is significant to overcome.

Are they going to incorporate tackier material into receiver gloves? Increased spring in shoes to help them jump higher? Better material to control body core temp?

Now if they make safer helmets or pads or some sort, sure.

But improved performance?

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Wed 04.04.2012, 15:22 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10899
Donate
gb.gif
pwbowen wrote:

And by the looks of the pictures, the teams that did not take the new fabric are taking the new improved customizable padding system.

Not to mention how well does the material perform in cold/hot weather? Are players going to overheat?

Seems smart to let other teams be the early adopters and deal with the issues. They can adopt the material next year after they get the kinks worked out.

PostPosted: Wed 04.04.2012, 17:45 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10072
Donate
sf.gif
SonOfDad wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:
FLPatsFan wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:
Do old people wear hats? I thought you grew out of that when you graduated college.

They will be well represented among urban youth throughout the nation. Youth spend money on frivolous things. That's who marketers target first with products like these.

:(

I don't really care. I wear a hat when I haven't showered and need to run errands. That's about it. But what a man does with his head is his business.

The point stands, though, that the general population of the tank (white males aged 25-40, probably) isn't by any means the target market for those hats. I am sure they will sell quite well.

I thought the point was that the hats were ugly, not that stupid people will/won't buy them. Nicki Minaj isn't any closer to being talented because she sells a lot of records.

Exactly. Popular (especially by the style standards of some of today's youths) does not equal good. The hats are plain ugly.

I like hats (have a full head of hair, thanks) and wear them on occasion, specifically to football/baseball games to show my team colors (or yeah, like von, when I haven't showered and need to go out to run errands).

PostPosted: Wed 04.04.2012, 20:58 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
jnadke wrote:
pwbowen wrote:

And by the looks of the pictures, the teams that did not take the new fabric are taking the new improved customizable padding system.

Not to mention how well does the material perform in cold/hot weather? Are players going to overheat?

Seems smart to let other teams be the early adopters and deal with the issues. They can adopt the material next year after they get the kinks worked out.

I mentioned 'controlling body core temp' in my post Don't be editing me out and then claiming credit, beyotch. :twisted:

I only get a few fairly reasonable things uttered in a day already.

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Wed 04.04.2012, 21:06 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
getdownmmmkay wrote:

:oops: awshucks

PostPosted: Wed 04.04.2012, 21:13 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
getdownmmmkay wrote:

No sudden moves of your leg, Clark, best just let him finish.

PostPosted: Thu 04.05.2012, 13:39 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1102
Donate
chi.gif
pwbowen wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:

Let me know what actual measurables it helps. They aren't swimmers or bikers where they are moving in a straight line and water or air resistance is significant to overcome.

Are they going to incorporate tackier material into receiver gloves? Increased spring in shoes to help them jump higher? Better material to control body core temp?

Urlacher was on NFL Network last night talking about the new jerseys. He was wearing the new Bears jersey and commenting on the new "flywire" necks. Saying it is harder for offenses to grab and hold. He was a fan. If it does indeed hinder offensive players from holding as much, I would say that's a performance boost. The necks and swapping the numbers from the outside shoulder to the top was the only change for the Bears. I'm a fan.

PostPosted: Thu 04.05.2012, 13:51 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 17085
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
pwbowen wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:
getdownmmmkay wrote:

No sudden moves of your leg, Clark, best just let him finish.

Buzz kill let it run its coarse while some are ready to finish some are just warming up :wink: .

PostPosted: Wed 08.15.2012, 20:38 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 21363
Donate
cle.gif
So, looks like Goodell and the NFLers are moving to kiss more Nike arse at the expense of Wilson:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... ent_stream

It was bad enough when the NFLers pushed Wilson into cheaper polymer skin balls over leather in the 90's during a contract renewal, now they are working to get around Wilson's remains of their leather ball patent by eliminating the leather lace. Once that's gone there is nothing stopping Nike from an all polymer ball contract that's cheaper than the Wilson.

Shame.

Wilson has owned the leather ball patient since '55, when they bought the patent owning company, O-K Manufacturing, who was the NFL ball supplier since the league's inception.

Oh, if you own an old O-K ball, hang on to it.

Drafting: Uber
Still to go: P$B
Drafted: HoP, Dyno$, DeathMatch, FSCollege, Wall, FSNFL

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next