FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 10.01.2014, 17:20

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29

Who Wins?
Poll ended at Sat 02.04.2012, 22:42
Giants 47%  47%  [ 38 ]
Patriots 53%  53%  [ 43 ]
Total votes : 81
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed 02.15.2012, 03:30 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 10.20.2005, 14:01
Posts: 2874
Sand$: 17507
Donate
nyg.gif
It wasn't bush league...only 11 guys defended that play. 1 was running to get off. everyone who was paying attention to the broadcast saw that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 02.15.2012, 08:43 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 10.20.2005, 14:01
Posts: 2874
Sand$: 17507
Donate
nyg.gif
By the way, if I'm the qb, down 4 points with 20 seconds left and the ball on my 40: if the defense tries to put 12 or 13 or more defenders in to waste my precious time, I'll just snap and spike the ball. Take the five yard penalty and burn 1 second off the clock. I'll take that all day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 02.15.2012, 12:45 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat 08.01.2009, 23:39
Posts: 29424
Sand$: 55193
Donate
Location: SoCal
nyj.gif
KIAball1996 wrote:
It wasn't bush league...only 11 guys defended that play. 1 was running to get off. everyone who was paying attention to the broadcast saw that.


I thought I was the only one who saw it this way.

_________________
week 5 bets are posted -
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=323289&p=4510875#p4510875


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 02.15.2012, 12:57 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Wed 09.12.2007, 17:03
Posts: 26675
Sand$: 55570
Donate
Location: IN
chi.gif
endzoneview wrote:
KIAball1996 wrote:
It wasn't bush league...only 11 guys defended that play. 1 was running to get off. everyone who was paying attention to the broadcast saw that.


I thought I was the only one who saw it this way.


Maybe I'm wrong because I haven't paid that much attention, but I thought the conversation was more about how that's a rule that needs to be looked at--regardless of intent, the Pats lost crucial time on a defensive penalty. That doesn't seem right.

Buddy Ryan's play above shows that teams could have used it as a strategy in the past. It's certainly an issue when an illegal play is a sounder strategy than a legal one.

_________________
Bitter god of Monday morning


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 02.15.2012, 13:14 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat 08.01.2009, 23:39
Posts: 29424
Sand$: 55193
Donate
Location: SoCal
nyj.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
KIAball1996 wrote:
It wasn't bush league...only 11 guys defended that play. 1 was running to get off. everyone who was paying attention to the broadcast saw that.


I thought I was the only one who saw it this way.


Maybe I'm wrong because I haven't paid that much attention, but I thought the conversation was more about how that's a rule that needs to be looked at--regardless of intent, the Pats lost crucial time on a defensive penalty. That doesn't seem right.

Buddy Ryan's play above shows that teams could have used it as a strategy in the past. It's certainly an issue when an illegal play is a sounder strategy than a legal one.


I've seen more replies saying that the Giants were smart for putting 12 players on defense.

Regardless, I agree, this will definitely be looked at by the Competition Committee this year.

_________________
week 5 bets are posted -
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=323289&p=4510875#p4510875


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 02.15.2012, 13:24 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 10.20.2005, 14:01
Posts: 2874
Sand$: 17507
Donate
nyg.gif
The qb should just spike the ball then. Take the five yards and lose one second instead of 9. If buddy ryan wants to allow that and give his opponent one play from the half yard line, so be it. Seems like a dumb plan to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 02.15.2012, 13:45 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat 08.01.2009, 23:39
Posts: 29424
Sand$: 55193
Donate
Location: SoCal
nyj.gif
KIAball1996 wrote:
The qb should just spike the ball then. Take the five yards and lose one second instead of 9. If buddy ryan wants to allow that and give his opponent one play from the half yard line, so be it. Seems like a dumb plan to me.


Umm, Buddy Ryan isn't coaching any more. It was in his playbook, although I don't think it was ever employed.

_________________
week 5 bets are posted -
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=323289&p=4510875#p4510875


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 02.15.2012, 13:53 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Wed 09.12.2007, 17:03
Posts: 26675
Sand$: 55570
Donate
Location: IN
chi.gif
KIAball1996 wrote:
The qb should just spike the ball then. Take the five yards and lose one second instead of 9. If buddy ryan wants to allow that and give his opponent one play from the half yard line, so be it. Seems like a dumb plan to me.


Better one play from the 1/2 yard line than two plays from the 1 would be the attitude, I think. Like ezv mentioned, I don't know that it was ever employed, but it actually makes a lot of sense in a very specific situation.

And if they score from the 1 vs 13-14 players, they deserve to win I guess.

_________________
Bitter god of Monday morning


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 02.15.2012, 14:15 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 10.20.2005, 14:01
Posts: 2874
Sand$: 17507
Donate
nyg.gif
endzoneview wrote:
KIAball1996 wrote:
The qb should just spike the ball then. Take the five yards and lose one second instead of 9. If buddy ryan wants to allow that and give his opponent one play from the half yard line, so be it. Seems like a dumb plan to me.


Umm, Buddy Ryan isn't coaching any more. It was in his playbook, although I don't think it was ever employed.


No sh1t, sherlock.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 02.15.2012, 14:23 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat 08.01.2009, 23:39
Posts: 29424
Sand$: 55193
Donate
Location: SoCal
nyj.gif
KIAball1996 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
KIAball1996 wrote:
The qb should just spike the ball then. Take the five yards and lose one second instead of 9. If buddy ryan wants to allow that and give his opponent one play from the half yard line, so be it. Seems like a dumb plan to me.


Umm, Buddy Ryan isn't coaching any more. It was in his playbook, although I don't think it was ever employed.


No sh1t, sherlock.


I had to make sure you weren't as dumb as your reply :action-smiley-070:

The only thing Buddy Ryan allows now is someone to change his diaper.

_________________
week 5 bets are posted -
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=323289&p=4510875#p4510875


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 02.15.2012, 14:46 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 10.20.2005, 14:01
Posts: 2874
Sand$: 17507
Donate
nyg.gif
endzoneview wrote:
KIAball1996 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
KIAball1996 wrote:
The qb should just spike the ball then. Take the five yards and lose one second instead of 9. If buddy ryan wants to allow that and give his opponent one play from the half yard line, so be it. Seems like a dumb plan to me.


Umm, Buddy Ryan isn't coaching any more. It was in his playbook, although I don't think it was ever employed.


No sh1t, sherlock.


I had to make sure you weren't as dumb as your reply :action-smiley-070:

The only thing Buddy Ryan allows now is someone to change his diaper.


ad hominem :stupid:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 02.15.2012, 15:14 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sat 05.16.2009, 09:57
Posts: 29597
Sand$: 33258
Donate
Location: Arkansas
mia.gif
KIAball1996 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
KIAball1996 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
KIAball1996 wrote:
The qb should just spike the ball then. Take the five yards and lose one second instead of 9. If buddy ryan wants to allow that and give his opponent one play from the half yard line, so be it. Seems like a dumb plan to me.


Umm, Buddy Ryan isn't coaching any more. It was in his playbook, although I don't think it was ever employed.


No sh1t, sherlock.


I had to make sure you weren't as dumb as your reply :action-smiley-070:

The only thing Buddy Ryan allows now is someone to change his diaper.


ad hominem :stupid:


No.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 02.15.2012, 17:14 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Wed 09.12.2007, 17:03
Posts: 26675
Sand$: 55570
Donate
Location: IN
chi.gif
Actually the opposite.

_________________
Bitter god of Monday morning


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 02.15.2012, 17:27 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 10.20.2005, 14:01
Posts: 2874
Sand$: 17507
Donate
nyg.gif
If no insult intended, then none taken.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 02.15.2012, 17:56 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat 08.01.2009, 23:39
Posts: 29424
Sand$: 55193
Donate
Location: SoCal
nyj.gif
I was just happy to finally use the Buddy Ryan/Kevin Gilbride emoticon.

:action-smiley-070:

_________________
week 5 bets are posted -
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=323289&p=4510875#p4510875


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Balls Deep, Bing [Bot], Buccs4life, ccman32, daneault23, elindsey, frooglepoopillion, Gleechbob, Jcb890, Kaleb.09, mobsters, nosman21, Sneaky, Striker1110, TheChamp, trapped and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group