FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 09.30.2014, 16:55

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Mon 03.05.2012, 17:45 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55570
Donate
chi.gif
I know this is sort of the wrong thread (although it's also sort of irrelevant now, so it's being repurposed) but Mark Clayton just reported that he expects the Bears to make a big run at VJax.

It'd be an aggressive and big move that would endear the new FO to fans. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'd love to see Cutler with a real NFL WR again, but the Bears have quite a few holes and that's bound to be a lot of money.

Still, you have to score to win. And Jackson can score.

PostPosted: Mon 03.05.2012, 19:18 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 22926
Donate
det.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Gill Posse wrote:
birddog wrote:

Avril's is an unrestricted tag meaning that he can get offers from other teams with two 1st round picks as compensation to the Lions. Not sure that any teams would bite on that but you never know.

Non-exclusive

this is not a good situation for the lions. the over $10M salary price further limits what space the lions have to retain tulloch and others, much less shop for some bargains on the FA market. however, as mayhew said earlier the only worse scenario would be avril not being on the team at all for 2012.

FWIW, avril seems to have a good perspective on the situation....

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... te_to.html

Quote:
"Honestly and truthfully - at the end of the day - I'm very, very fortunate to be franchised by an NFL team," he told Detroitlions.com. "I'm very blessed. That being said, being a business, you always want to do what's best for you and your family."

"Being franchised - I'm blessed and I'm definitely happy about being considered a player to give that tag to," he said. "I just hope we can continue to negotiate and try to get something done."

just get a deal done before 7/15, guys. please.

PostPosted: Mon 03.05.2012, 22:10 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55570
Donate
chi.gif
getdownmmmkay wrote:
this is not a good situation for the lions. the over $10M salary price further limits what space the lions have to retain tulloch and others, much less shop for some bargains on the FA market. however, as mayhew said earlier the only worse scenario would be avril not being on the team at all for 2012.

It's definitely a lot of money tied up in the defensive line. Suh's salary is 9.25 mil and with his roster bonus, his cap hit is over 10 mil. Avril is another 10 mil. Williams is 5 mil. Vanden Bosch is 5 mil but I think his cap number is a bit higher. Fortunately for them Fairley is signed cheaply, but I don't know that he proved enough last year that you want to rely on him as a starter (if you cut Williams to save $$).

They have some contracts they can unload, although I'm not tuned in enough to know what that will mean in terms of cap accelerations. RB is sort of a mystery, DB is a mess, both backup QBs are free agents, there's no LT on the roster at the moment...Avril's tag makes all of those positions harder to address.

Looking at those numbers made me curious, and the Bears only have one guy on the line making more than $500-some thousand this year, Peppers. :lol: They, on the other hand, could afford to spend a little more on the line...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8