FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 10.20.2014, 22:41

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon 02.13.2012, 14:52 

Sand$: 50085
Donate
nyj.gif
rugger48 wrote:
foster and wallace are RFA's

On second thought, I'm going to put both of these back on the "potential" list

Since the highest RFA tender is now only a 1st rounder in the new CBA (instead of a 1st and 3rd), I feel both of these guys, should an extension not be reached, could be franchised to make sure they dont' go anywhere.

Although with all of the renegotiated contracts going on in Pitt I think they are gearing up to get Wallace signed long term before the deadline.

PostPosted: Mon 02.13.2012, 14:55 

Donate
nyj.gif
checo446 wrote:
Another possible is OLB Mario Williams. Its equally possible they just let him walk.

Everything I've been reading is that the Texans fully intend on letting him test the market due to their impressive youth and depth at the same position.

PostPosted: Tue 02.14.2012, 00:16 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36592
Donate
hou.gif
endzoneview wrote:
checo446 wrote:
Another possible is OLB Mario Williams. Its equally possible they just let him walk.

Everything I've been reading is that the Texans fully intend on letting him test the market due to their impressive youth and depth at the same position.

while letting him walk is likely. I have read a little bit of everything on what they are anticipated to do. The Texans are one of the tougher teams to read what they are thinking, so I don't give any credibility to anything report wise out there. The front office has officially said retaining him is a priority for what that is worth .

PostPosted: Tue 02.14.2012, 00:31 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 38878
Donate
pit.gif
checo446 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
checo446 wrote:

while letting him walk is likely. I have read a little bit of everything on what they are anticipated to do. The Texans are one of the tougher teams to read what they are thinking, so I don't give any credibility to anything report wise out there. The front office has officially said retaining him is a priority for what that is worth .

Ya, I cant imagine williams will see FA. Most of the guys on that defense are signed for cheap. I can see them paying williams.

PostPosted: Tue 02.14.2012, 11:06 

Donate
nyj.gif
Well, it would cost over $22M to franchise him so I guess we'll see what kind of deal they offer him before the deadline, otherwise he'll be the prize of free agency for someone else

PostPosted: Wed 02.15.2012, 14:47 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36396
Donate
car.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Well, it would cost over $22M to franchise him so I guess we'll see what kind of deal they offer him before the deadline, otherwise he'll be the prize of free agency for someone else

If Tampa management didn't seem completely inept (and cheap), I'd suspect they would be putting a bug in Williams' ear on what they'd pay him if he reaches the open market.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Wed 02.15.2012, 14:55 

Donate
nyj.gif
pwbowen wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

If Tampa management didn't seem completely inept (and cheap), I'd suspect they would be putting a bug in Williams' ear on what they'd pay him if he reaches the open market.

I read a report from the Bucs GM that they plan on being big spenders this free agency. We'll see.

PostPosted: Wed 02.15.2012, 15:06 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32256
Donate
oak.gif
pwbowen wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

I think every team in the state of Florida is going to go after him. Miami might not be able to if they break the bank on Flynn, but they are going 4-3 and they want a stud opposite Wake. I think Robert Mathis might make more sense for them financially, but the Bucs and Jags are going to go after Super Mario IMHO.

Thank God he isnt going back to Houston, for my dynasty teams sake. I want him back at DE.

2010 & 2011 The Premier League Champion
2012 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion

PostPosted: Thu 02.16.2012, 09:13 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
endzoneview wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

I read a report from the Bucs GM that they plan on being big spenders this free agency. We'll see.

Didn't we hear that last year also?

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Thu 02.16.2012, 11:51 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 14598
Donate
chi.gif
Rumor around here is is the Broncos are going to franchise Prater.

The last player the Broncos franchised? Jason Elam.

says something when your franchise players are kickers....

PostPosted: Thu 02.16.2012, 17:25 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
pwbowen wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

Ya according to Dominik they specifically wanted to be a big part of this FA class, why I dont know. Word is the the Bucs owners want to put money back into the franchise now and bring fans back in, part of the reason they dont want to have games overseas anymore. They have said they were going to spend the last 2 years so this ywear its possible, they rolled there cap savings from last year into this year. Thats about 60 million.

PostPosted: Thu 02.16.2012, 18:06 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
rugger48 wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

Ya according to Dominik they specifically wanted to be a big part of this FA class, why I dont know. Word is the the Bucs owners want to put money back into the franchise now and bring fans back in, part of the reason they dont want to have games overseas anymore. They have said they were going to spend the last 2 years so this ywear its possible, they rolled there cap savings from last year into this year. Thats about 60 million.

I'll believe it when I see it. To me the Glazers are just the dirt farmer dangling the carrot in front of the mule.

PostPosted: Thu 02.16.2012, 18:57 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
I agree.

PostPosted: Thu 02.16.2012, 19:14 

Donate
nyj.gif
Word coming out of Oakland is the Raiders will move on from Michael Bush.

We'll see.

PostPosted: Fri 02.17.2012, 16:12 

Donate
nyj.gif
Some updates from this week - -

Arian Foster - Texans are reportedly looking to keep Foster in place with a tender as opposed to the tag if they don't come to terms before the deadline

Ray Rice, BAL - sides appear to be far apart, tag is imminent

Michael Bush, OAK - reports indicating that the Raiders will let Bush walk

Mike Wallace, PIT - Steelers leaning toward tender rather than tag if deal isn't reached

Wes Welker, NEP - tag is likely

Vincent Jackson, SDC - alot of misinformation in regards to if VJAX wants to stay, tag is unlikely

Stevie Johnson, BUF - contract progress is reportedly being made

DeSean Jackson, PHI - Eagles are coming out and saying DeSean isn't going anywhere, tag likely

Fred Davis, WAS - tag is looking definiite

Carl Nicks, NOS - looks like he'll be hitting free agency, Cowboys have been often linked to him

Scott Wells, GBP - report earlier this week that the Pack will let Wells test the market

Cliff Avril, DET - Avril has no intention of taking a hometown discount, possibly in reference to lowball offers. Two sources indicate the tag is forthcoming

Calais Campbell, ARI - Cards have come out and said Campbell isn't going anywhere

DQwell Jackson, CLE - Tag is likely.

Brandon Carr, KCC - Chiefs are still hopeful and adamant that Bowe and Carr will be back

Tyvon Branch, OAK - with Bush likely to hit the market, Branch is a priority and a tag possiblity

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next