FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 10.21.2014, 02:05

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue 02.14.2012, 15:03 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11914
Donate
gb.gif
This thread has no reason to go past 3 pages.... 5 tops.

If Terrell Owens can't get a job in the NFL when he actually had a pretty good year, then Randy Moss definitely will not find an audience, despite beat writers best attempts to drum up a story.

Randy Moss is unofficially officially permanently retired.... in the NFL owners' eyes.

PostPosted: Tue 02.14.2012, 16:08 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55666
Donate
chi.gif

Randy Ratio, round two? I'd be 100% okay with that as long as he's a cheap signing. Worst case scenario he doesn't make the team. He'd immediately be the best red zone threat on the Bears.

I mean, why the hell not? They have a ton of cap space and only one reliable receiver (Bennett) under contract next year. Hester is what he is, Knox has supposedly had some setbacks and shied away from contact even before a devastating injury nearly left him paralyzed, Roy Williams is gone, Sanzenbacher thinks letting the ball hit you in the facemask counts as a catch...it really can't get any worse.

PostPosted: Tue 02.14.2012, 16:43 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Chris Carter:
Quote:
“The one thing you have to address with Randy Moss is not a conditioning thing," Carter said. "It's not an age thing. It needs to be addressed. I believe it's the elephant in the room. It's that thing called quit.

“And Randy, not like any other superstar I've met, he has more quit in him than any of those other players. So I need to addresses that. That's what (New England Patriots coach Bill) Belichick did when he brought him over from Oakland. He told him he wasn't going to have it."

Randy Moss:
Quote:
@criscarter80 its sad how u stroked ur own ego when u were suppose to b my mentor!then u wonder why karma bites u in the rump! #goodlukwithhof

Throwing a guy who's only calling a spade a spade under the bus? (pretty harsh, IMO).

It's official: Randy Moss still has an attitude problem. Still not gonna find a job.

PostPosted: Wed 02.15.2012, 11:51 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 117819
Donate
min.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:

Randy Ratio, round two? I'd be 100% okay with that as long as he's a cheap signing. Worst case scenario he doesn't make the team. He'd immediately be the best red zone threat on the Bears.

I mean, why the hell not? They have a ton of cap space and only one reliable receiver (Bennett) under contract next year. Hester is what he is, Knox has supposedly had some setbacks and shied away from contact even before a devastating injury nearly left him paralyzed, Roy Williams is gone, Sanzenbacher thinks letting the ball hit you in the facemask counts as a catch...it really can't get any worse.
would be interesting to see him there

PostPosted: Wed 02.15.2012, 12:06 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 117819
Donate
min.gif
jnadke wrote:
Chris Carter:
Quote:
“The one thing you have to address with Randy Moss is not a conditioning thing," Carter said. "It's not an age thing. It needs to be addressed. I believe it's the elephant in the room. It's that thing called quit.

“And Randy, not like any other superstar I've met, he has more quit in him than any of those other players. So I need to addresses that. That's what (New England Patriots coach Bill) Belichick did when he brought him over from Oakland. He told him he wasn't going to have it."

Randy Moss:
Quote:
@criscarter80 its sad how u stroked ur own ego when u were suppose to b my mentor!then u wonder why karma bites u in the rump! #goodlukwithhof

Throwing a guy who's only calling a spade a spade under the bus? (pretty harsh, IMO).

It's official: Randy Moss still has an attitude problem. Still not gonna find a job.

There was a lot of back and forth with Chris and Randy at Winter Park bitd.. publicly the wheels fell off of Randy's image when Red McCombs started stripping the team of money and talent and Randy's ego and contract got out of hand.. thats when Chris basically said to hell with it and all of 'em and punched out.. regardless of his own ego of course. It got dumb as a whole.. the entire franchise was in a blender of dog crap.

PostPosted: Wed 02.15.2012, 13:57 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36406
Donate
car.gif
Ego trumping talent and brains once again.

Go for it, Randy! Wouldn't that be a great show in Dallas? :twisted:

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Thu 02.16.2012, 19:39 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11732
Donate
sf.gif
jnadke wrote:
Chris Carter:
Quote:

Randy Moss:
Quote:

Is Randy actually trying to deny what Carter was saying? Because it's true. We saw it many times in games, and he said as much to anyone who would listen.

I don't know why you would bring him in if you were a team that wasn't going to make the playoffs. It would be better to develop a younger guy (like Green and Jones from last year) than spend money on a washed-up, bad attitude player who probably wouldn't want to be on a non-winning team anyway.

And playoff teams don't want to mess up any chemistry they may have. Moss is no longer the missing piece teams may be looking for, not even Chicago.

As someone pointed out, if Owens can't get a job (heck, can't even get people to watch him try out) then how is Moss going to get one.

I say good-riddance.

It was fun watching you when you were at your best.

PostPosted: Thu 02.16.2012, 20:45 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
mobsters wrote:
Is Randy actually trying to deny what Carter was saying? Because it's true. We saw it many times in games, and he said as much to anyone who would listen.

I don't know why you would bring him in if you were a team that wasn't going to make the playoffs. It would be better to develop a younger guy (like Green and Jones from last year) than spend money on a washed-up, bad attitude player who probably wouldn't want to be on a non-winning team anyway.

And playoff teams don't want to mess up any chemistry they may have. Moss is no longer the missing piece teams may be looking for, not even Chicago.

As someone pointed out, if Owens can't get a job (heck, can't even get people to watch him try out) then how is Moss going to get one.

I say good-riddance.

Moss has had motivation issues, but he hasn't been the cancer that TO is...not by a long shot. Moss will get looks (I think) because while he's had problems and he certainly had quit on teams, he's both more talented and less risky than TO. Worst case scenario he quits on you. Worst case scenario with TO is he publicly throws the entire team under the bus, stunts Qb development, hurts young WRs and stymies an offense. Totally different classes of douche

I think your point about developing a guy "like Green and Jones" is only a good point in a very select set of circumstances. Those guys were both picked in the top 6. Obviously if you have a guy who is top 6 talent, yes, you want him to develop. But not many teams have the luxury of drafting a stud, even if it's a fairly deep WR class (when looking at draft and FA combined). That's sort of a no-brainer.

Back to the Bears, they were a playoff team before the Cutler injury. They are one year removed from an NFC Championship appearance. Their defense is still mostly intact. The OLine can't get worse. I don't think. But they have nobody at WR.

Bennett is a reliable WR2/3, Hester is a gadget guy, Knox might never play again, Sam Hurd is going to be in pound-you-in-the-uhhhh... prison, Roy Williams might be done in the league, and their TE crew is all in the plodding extra-lineman Martz mold. Davis is okay as a pass-catcher, but nothing to scream about.

Moss gives them something they don't have. Maybe he won't be super valuable between the 20's, but he is the epitome of the go-up-and-get-it receiver. He'll be valuable for someone in the red zone. I look at what Plaxico did this year--not necessarily a starting-caliber player, but situationally very valuable. I don't see any reason Moss (assuming he stayed in shape) can't do what Plax did last year, and that's something a team like the Bears really could use.

Add to is a strong veteran locker room and it actually is somewhat intriguing.

Do I expect the Moss of old? Of course not. Would I even be upset if they didn't sign him? No, not at all. But he could certainly be valuable on this team that has nothing right now and no "Green and Jones" on the horizon.

PostPosted: Thu 02.16.2012, 21:22 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 17975
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Probelm is Von nobody expects the old Moss to show up but he always does.

Vikes part 1 ended badly

Raiders ended badly

Pats ended badly

Vikes part 2 ended badly

Titans he didn't even try.

Moss can not get seperation and hes to old to out leap the 6' CB of the nfl. No team would bother with an old guy on the decline and when things aren't going his way he quits. Thats his MO.

PostPosted: Fri 02.17.2012, 16:52 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
Do I expect the Moss of old? Of course not. Would I even be upset if they didn't sign him? No, not at all. But he could certainly be valuable on this team that has nothing right now and no "Green and Jones" on the horizon.

It all depends how much $$$ Moss expects to receive.

If he's expecting near Bowe/VJax/Colston money..... then they might as well go out and get Bowe/VJax/Colston.

Recently an article said "he's taken calls from a few teams".... but I'm not sure if that's PR to drum up interest like TO tried.

PostPosted: Fri 02.17.2012, 17:28 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
jnadke wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:

If he's expecting near Bowe/VJax/Colston money..... then they might as well go out and get Bowe/VJax/Colston.

Recently an article said "he's taken calls from a few teams".... but I'm not sure if that's PR to drum up interest like TO tried.

I think he probably has taken calls to gauge exactly that, what he thinks he's worth. If he wants to play and is willing to sign a prove-it contract, then he's worth it. Obviously if he thinks he's worth top 10 money he's not.

I sure hope the Bears are in the conversation for Bowe/VJax/Colston. They have money and need. I think they need a top free agent, a rookie in round 1 or 2, and a 3rd WR like either a Moss or a Royal/Robinson tier player.

PostPosted: Fri 02.17.2012, 18:11 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
jnadke wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:

I think he probably has taken calls to gauge exactly that, what he thinks he's worth. If he wants to play and is willing to sign a prove-it contract, then he's worth it. Obviously if he thinks he's worth top 10 money he's not.

I sure hope the Bears are in the conversation for Bowe/VJax/Colston. They have money and need. I think they need a top free agent, a rookie in round 1 or 2, and a 3rd WR like either a Moss or a Royal/Robinson tier player.

I think the Bears are mostly fine, as long as they go out and get Bowe/VJax/Colston. Though, they'll probably be competing with the Vikings, Rams, Jaguars, Chiefs, Saints, and Bucs.

Though, they could settle for a 2nd tier aging guy, like Reggie Wayne or Brandon Lloyd. They need someone who can go downfield and hold his own opposite Earl Bennett.

They paid for Cutler's monster arm.... they need someone that can actually catch the ball and make use of it. None of this "I'm a wuss" Knox crap, or "I can only catch it if I'm standing still" Hester crap.

They've got a promising TE, and a promising WR2. They need a WR1. Now.

All of the Super Bowl winners have had a viable WR1, whether or not they used him. Even TB had Keyshawn Johnson. You'd think the Bears would've learned that from the SB they lost... showing up with retreads from other failed SB teams....

PostPosted: Fri 02.17.2012, 19:16 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11732
Donate
sf.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
mobsters wrote:

I say good-riddance.

Moss has had motivation issues, but he hasn't been the cancer that TO is...not by a long shot. Moss will get looks (I think) because while he's had problems and he certainly had quit on teams, he's both more talented and less risky than TO. Worst case scenario he quits on you. Worst case scenario with TO is he publicly throws the entire team under the bus, stunts Qb development, hurts young WRs and stymies an offense. Totally different classes of douche

I think your point about developing a guy "like Green and Jones" is only a good point in a very select set of circumstances. Those guys were both picked in the top 6. Obviously if you have a guy who is top 6 talent, yes, you want him to develop. But not many teams have the luxury of drafting a stud, even if it's a fairly deep WR class (when looking at draft and FA combined). That's sort of a no-brainer.

Back to the Bears, they were a playoff team before the Cutler injury. They are one year removed from an NFC Championship appearance. Their defense is still mostly intact. The OLine can't get worse. I don't think. But they have nobody at WR.

Bennett is a reliable WR2/3, Hester is a gadget guy, Knox might never play again, Sam Hurd is going to be in pound-you-in-the-uhhhh... prison, Roy Williams might be done in the league, and their TE crew is all in the plodding extra-lineman Martz mold. Davis is okay as a pass-catcher, but nothing to scream about.

Moss gives them something they don't have. Maybe he won't be super valuable between the 20's, but he is the epitome of the go-up-and-get-it receiver. He'll be valuable for someone in the red zone. I look at what Plaxico did this year--not necessarily a starting-caliber player, but situationally very valuable. I don't see any reason Moss (assuming he stayed in shape) can't do what Plax did last year, and that's something a team like the Bears really could use.

Add to is a strong veteran locker room and it actually is somewhat intriguing.

I didn't really see Owens doing that in his last two stints, in Buffalo and Cincinnati, and he played pretty well in both situations...something you can't say about Moss in Minny and Tennessee.

And if quitting and doing all of the things that Moss has done isn't locker-room cancer, I don't know what else you would call it. I know if I was giving 100% and someone wasn't, it would piss me off.

I'm not saying Owens doesn't have his problems...the guy obviously has some mental issues. As a 49er fan, I've watched his whole career with a lot of interest, and I think what we saw of him in Buffalo and even more in Cincy would've intrigued me last season if I was desperate for a WR.

In regard to Chicago specifically, I've paid a lot of attention to them because as a Denver fan (as well as a 49er fan) I thought the Broncos blew it when they traded Cutler, and I'm a fan of his, so I am hoping he can be successful in Chicago.

They definitely need a WR. Someone mentioned, though, that they thought a non-playoff team would take chance on Moss. I think that would be a mistake. For a team like Chicago, I think it makes more sense to either develop a player, or yeah, pick up VJax, Colston, or Bowe. It would be much better for them than to try a old band-aid, who may or may not feel like playing on Sunday. At least with Owens, he was driven to succeed, and was going full-out all the time, including blocking.

He obviously has issues and doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut (Garcia, McNabb, criticizing his QB), but also defended his QB (Romo) and is a passionate person. If Owens and Moss were both healthy right now, I'd take Owens.

PostPosted: Fri 02.17.2012, 19:19 

Sand$: 49087
Donate
nyj.gif
Bears fans would be giddy to get one of VJAX/Colston/Bowe

Unfortunately, reality will end up being Manningham/Garcon/RobertMeachem

PostPosted: Sat 02.18.2012, 01:02 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Bears fans would be giddy to get one of VJAX/Colston/Bowe

Unfortunately, reality will end up being Manningham/Garcon/RobertMeachem

Probably. My guess is Bowe gets franchised. It's a nice WR market right now but it could dry up quickly. We'll see.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next