FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 11.28.2014, 01:57

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu 02.09.2012, 18:03 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 38449
Donate
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ord-routt/

Quote:
The new regime of the Raiders has begun erasing what it believes to be the mistakes of the past, with the first big move coming in the release of cornerback Stanford Routt Thursday.

Routt was signed last offseason to a three-year, $31.5 million contract extension that at the time made him the third highest cornerback in the NFL just a few days before the NFL lockout began.

Routt was retained by owner Al Davis while at the same time the club made no effort to re-sign Nnamdi Asomugha, who eventually signed with the Philadelphia Eagles.

A later restructure boosted the value of the deal to five years and $54.5 million.

Routt’s contract reportedly guaranteed him $20 million, meaning the Raiders could be out that amount depending on wording of the deal.

PostPosted: Thu 02.09.2012, 18:16 

Sand$: 48582
Donate
nyj.gif
If they're going to get rid of every bad contract Al gave, nobody is going to be left.

PostPosted: Thu 02.09.2012, 20:56 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 26
Donate
car.gif
Raiders might have to cut Wimbley, Seymour or Huff, and probably have to restructure a few contracts. Al Davis put this team in a really bad place.

PostPosted: Fri 02.10.2012, 09:40 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
My first thought is with zero draft picks ask these guys to restructure contracts and trade them or threaten to cut them late when the teams have zero cap room left.

i got to believe there are several players who just want out at this point.

PostPosted: Fri 02.10.2012, 10:24 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
So why did the Raiders dump cornerback Stanford Routt today?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... routt-now/

Quote:
Per a source with knowledge of his contract, Routt’s $5 million base salary for 2012 would have become fully guaranteed if he had been on the roster five days after the start of the 2012 waiver period.

Possible reasons for cut:

A high salary (along with pending bonus)
propensity for penalties
possible scheme change to more of zone coverage (known as man corner, limitations in zone coverage, inability to play the ball)
Send a message to other players on the roster

I am sure McKenzie could have got atleast a mid round pick for Routt. Wonder if they did not pursue that option because of the looming bonus. At any rate we broadcast our need for CB in the draft/FA market.

PostPosted: Fri 02.10.2012, 10:59 

Donate
nyj.gif
R2000 wrote:
I am sure McKenzie could have got atleast a mid round pick for Routt. Wonder if they did not pursue that option because of the looming bonus. At any rate we broadcast our need for CB in the draft/FA market.

Routt could be a decent #2 CB but Al gave him a shutdown corner contract in a knee jerk reaction to losing Aso. No one was going to take that on.

If I'm Michael Huff, I'm very nervous

PostPosted: Fri 02.10.2012, 12:09 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
endzoneview wrote:
R2000 wrote:

Routt could be a decent #2 CB but Al gave him a shutdown corner contract in a knee jerk reaction to losing Aso. No one was going to take that on.

Al extended Routt before Aso's departure. Routt's contract all but sealed Aso's departure. :x It's debatable (probably not) that Aso would have re-signed with us for the amount he did with Philly, but it staggers the mind to think that we could have had Aso rather than Routt for only 3M more per year :evil:

Add Big Seymour, Kelly, John Henderson and McClain along with Huff to the 'should be nervous' list

PostPosted: Fri 02.10.2012, 12:16 

Donate
nyj.gif
R2000 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
R2000 wrote:

Al extended Routt before Aso's departure. Routt's contract all but sealed Aso's departure. :x It's debatable (probably not) that Aso would have re-signed with us for the amount he did with Philly, but it staggers the mind to think that we could have had Aso rather than Routt for only 3M more per year :evil:

Add Big Seymour, Kelly, John Henderson and McClain along with Huff to the 'should be nervous' list

I've always assumed Al knew he was losing Aso and wanted to make sure his #2 wasn't going to leave.

That made some sense on some level as opposed to the Huff and Kelly deals.

PostPosted: Fri 02.10.2012, 15:11 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 15078
Donate
oak.gif
nope,we could have resigned aso for what al davis paid stanford routt +/- a little for me its a no brainer,you resign aso over stanford

aaron curry,huff,henderson,cj,seymore,groves,boss,kelly need to be very worried...none have perofrmed to their pay !!!

ps dmac outta be careful as well imo

PostPosted: Fri 02.10.2012, 15:41 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 838
Donate
no.gif
Listening to the Dallas Sports Talk Shows today, the Cowboys are making a play for Routt.
Since Jerry lost out to Philly last year, now he wants his replacement.
The shape the Cowboys secondary is in, wouldn`t be a bad move if they dont overpay him.

PostPosted: Fri 02.10.2012, 16:21 

Donate
nyj.gif
endzoneview wrote:
mstrbass2000 wrote:

I've always assumed Al knew he was losing Aso and wanted to make sure his #2 wasn't going to leave.

That made some sense on some level as opposed to the Huff and Kelly deals.

nope,we could have resigned aso for what al davis paid stanford routt +/- a little for me its a no brainer,you resign aso over stanford

Not even remotely close to what I said

PostPosted: Fri 02.10.2012, 18:30 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 112179
Donate
oak.gif
mstrbass2000 wrote:

aaron curry,huff,henderson,cj,seymore,groves,boss,kelly need to be very worried...none have perofrmed to their pay !!!

ps dmac outta be careful as well imo

I think Curry and Huff are safe, but the others I am not so sure.

PostPosted: Fri 02.10.2012, 19:10 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 15078
Donate
oak.gif
we need to get rid of richard seymore and his 15 million dollar number for this yr

PostPosted: Fri 02.10.2012, 19:44 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
mstrbass2000 wrote:
we need to get rid of Richard Seymour and his 15 million dollar number for this yr

Raiders face a cap hit of 7.5M if we cut Seymour this year. Expected cap savings are only 7.5M in base salary, not 15M. Considering he played injured last year, McKenzie may ask him to restructure or take a paycut instead of/before releasing him. If it's a case of releasing him, it comes down to what's the best use of 7.5M, Seymour or the players purchasable with 7.5M.

PostPosted: Fri 02.10.2012, 21:17 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39398
Donate
pit.gif
R2000 wrote:
mstrbass2000 wrote:
we need to get rid of Richard Seymour and his 15 million dollar number for this yr

Raiders face a cap hit of 7.5M if we cut Seymour this year. Expected cap savings are only 7.5M in base salary, not 15M. Considering he played injured last year, McKenzie may ask him to restructure or take a paycut instead of/before releasing him. If it's a case of releasing him, it comes down to what's the best use of 7.5M, Seymour or the players purchasable with 7.5M.

Not sure this is correct.

Quote:
2/16/2011: Signed a two-year, $30 million contract. The deal contains $15 million guaranteed -- all in the form of Seymour's first-year base salary. 2012: $7.5 million (+ $7.5 million roster bonus),

Looks to me if you cut him your free and clear.