FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 12.18.2014, 11:24

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Drew Brees
PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 14:35 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
so reports come out brees wants 25 mill and we discard those reports.

Reports come out that the saints twice offered to make brees the highest paid QB and we read into those report as they are false because it had to be structured ina way that he wouldn't be.

Can someone explain to me why the saints FO would want to head eff there franchise QB who just threw for 5500 yards and risk losing him or even worse lose bargaining power with him?

We are moving past reasonable doubt and moving into i kinda feel sorta. Why hasn't the brees camp torched the owner yet? If the Benson's on the cheap and back stabbing brees. Why so quiet?

PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 15:01 

Sand$: 48164
Donate
nyj.gif
The truth usually lies in the middle. They are probably closer than everyone thinks. The real issue is most likely that the 2012 max cap number has yet to be finalized. Once it is, I'm sure a deal won't be far behind. Pretty boring, right? That's why the internet is aflutter with "$25million!!!, $5million apart! Very good, not great!!! ZOMG!@! etc, etc".

Another angle is that a deal may already be done but they are waiting for the Commish to levy his bounty-gate discipline. If you're the Saints you let that marinate for a day or two then, boom! feel good story, Brees is back! and the fans don't care as much about bounty-gate any more.

PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 15:17 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 9352
Donate
pit.gif
Cap figure to be announced tomorrow...

PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 15:22 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 1787
Donate
Hes to valuable to let go. They franchised him as a precaution if for some reason they can't get something worked out in time. I think he'll get paid, and handsomely at that.

I mean come on, you dont break a quarter of a century old record then get released to FA

Te- Jared Cook, gresham
Idp- Lawerence Timmons
Def-Giants
K-Crosby

PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 15:28 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
endzoneview wrote:
The truth usually lies in the middle. They are probably closer than everyone thinks. The real issue is most likely that the 2012 max cap number has yet to be finalized. Once it is, I'm sure a deal won't be far behind. Pretty boring, right? That's why the internet is aflutter with "$25million!!!, $5million apart! Very good, not great!!! ZOMG!@! etc, etc".

Another angle is that a deal may already be done but they are waiting for the Commish to levy his bounty-gate discipline. If you're the Saints you let that marinate for a day or two then, boom! feel good story, Brees is back! and the fans don't care as much about bounty-gate any more.

you might be on to something. but that team is going to be eviscerated by FA. I would think knowing they are losing DP's they would want to keep a dude.

PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 16:13 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39684
Donate
pit.gif
badgasman9 wrote:

Reports come out that the saints twice offered to make brees the highest paid QB and we read into those report as they are false because it had to be structured ina way that he wouldn't be.

Can someone explain to me why the saints FO would want to head eff there franchise QB who just threw for 5500 yards and risk losing him or even worse lose bargaining power with him?

We are moving past reasonable doubt and moving into i kinda feel sorta. Why hasn't the brees camp torched the owner yet? If the Benson's on the cheap and back stabbing brees. Why so quiet?

I tend not to believe franchises that are dishonest to begin with. Im also not sutre where I have read this , but I believe that brees side has denied that they made those offers to be the richest contract, and I think I also read that its mostly about how thw the first 3 years are structured.

PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 16:15 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

you might be on to something. but that team is going to be eviscerated by FA. I would think knowing they are losing DP's they would want to keep a dude.

Do you think that an extra 4-5 million dollars is going to make that team any weaker. Players can restructure contracts year after year and the cap goes up almost every year. The reason that colston,meachem, and nicks are leaving are because the saints are letting them leave.

PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 16:17 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
rugger48 wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:

I tend not to believe franchises that are dishonest to begin with. Im also not sutre where I have read this , but I believe that brees side has denied that they made those offers to be the richest contract, and I think I also read that its mostly about how thw the first 3 years are structured.

I think the sides agree on principle but the gar money is what is changing the numbers. I do think brees is looking to set a gar money record. He knows his team is about to be blown apart and if his o line can't protect him his gar money will.

PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 17:15 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 5506
Donate
car.gif
looks like brees is still a bit unhappy...
Quote:
Jeff Duncan of the New Orleans Times-Picayune said during Thursday’s PFT Live that Brees won’t be signing the tender and won’t be present when the Saints assemble for offseason workouts next month.

And, as Duncan also pointed out, that will cut against the team-first image that Brees has crafted in New Orleans. Still, for Brees to get the kind of contract that he wants, he’ll need to be willing to stay away from offseason workouts (and possibly more), even if it makes Brees look bad in the eyes of Saints fans.

Meanwhile, good luck having a meaningful offseason program without the starting quarterback in the building.
linky

PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 17:37 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
rugger48 wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

Do you think that an extra 4-5 million dollars is going to make that team any weaker. Players can restructure contracts year after year and the cap goes up almost every year. The reason that colston,meachem, and nicks are leaving are because the saints are letting them leave.

on a playoff caliber team with multiple nfl stars. hell yes 4-5 makes a huge difference. They are letting Meachum walk as he and Moore are the same player and Brees prefers Moore. Colston. Saints worked on a contract with Brees to franchise Colston. Devery Henderson as your WR1 and not a ton of cap room is why the are GAMBLING on Moss. I don't think they wanted the 5500 yard crew to leave town. There defense is getting old quickly.

PostPosted: Fri 03.09.2012, 08:05 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15667
Donate
badgasman9 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

good use of words there BGM

PostPosted: Fri 03.09.2012, 08:56 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
SonOfDad wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

good use of words there BGM

its was my power word. When i was wearing my power tie. having a power lunch. Dam I miss the 80's..........because I was single. and my vuarnet sunglasses. cats eye.

PostPosted: Fri 03.09.2012, 16:44 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

on a playoff caliber team with multiple nfl stars. hell yes 4-5 makes a huge difference. They are letting Meachum walk as he and Moore are the same player and Brees prefers Moore. Colston. Saints worked on a contract with Brees to franchise Colston. Devery Henderson as your WR1 and not a ton of cap room is why the are GAMBLING on Moss. I don't think they wanted the 5500 yard crew to leave town. There defense is getting old quickly.

No, it doesnt and you know that.

http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2012/03/ ... er-to-cap/

seymour and huff both restructure to give the raides cap space, seymour takes his salary down to the league minimun creates 6+ million in cap space.

There are several other players who have done that this year alone, roethlisberger, eli etc all to create cap space. Its not hard to create cap space steelers created 20 million in a week.

By the way they were working on a contract so they can franchise Nicks not colston because it was cheaper to franchise nicks. colston wants a market value contract and the saints dont want to give a contract to a wr who is turning 29 and has had 5 knee surgeries. All that extra 5 million is doing is giving the saints something to point at and say this is why we cant sign so and so. 5 million dollars in cap space is nothing in the whole scheme of things.

Last edited by rugger48 on Fri 03.09.2012, 17:49, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri 03.09.2012, 16:52 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55946
Donate
chi.gif
I really feel like Colston is going to go somewhere and be a massive disappointment.

PostPosted: Fri 03.09.2012, 17:10 

Sand$: 48164
Donate
nyj.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
I really feel like Colston is going to go somewhere and be a massive disappointment.

Yep

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next