FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 07.28.2014, 21:34

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Drew Brees
PostPosted: Fri 05.18.2012, 16:26 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39052
Donate
pit.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
jnadke wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
It makes financial sense to just pay Brees his $14M this year. It actually makes sense to pay him the $17M+ franchise tag next year as well as opposed to handing over $60M guaranteed. It would probably be a PR nightmare, but I can't really fault the Saints for dragging their feet.

Oh absolutely, they can pay him the raises for the next 5 years and still come out ahead.

The new CBA re-did the calculations. It used to be the Top 5 average, but not not so much. It's arbitrary.

$14 million has Eli Manning and Peyton Manning making more than Brees.

Heck even Michael Vick and Sam Bradford would be making just more than $14 mil when you factor in their signing bonus amortized.

The first 2 years yes, but if they franchise him a 3rd year its 144% more than the previous year or 122% of the top 5 players in his position.

1st year 14 million 33 age 22 demands mill savings 8 mill
2nd year 17 million 34 age 22 demands savings 5 mill
3rd year 24.5 million 35 age 22 demands loss 2.5 mill
4th year 35.5 million 36 age 22 demands loss 14 mill
5th year 51 million 37 age 22 demands loss 29 mill.

all guarenteed

he would be 37 in the 5th year, the saints should just give him the contract they know they have to give him.

By age 35 his interest should be declining. Thats when you sign him if his demands don't come down. However they will sign him this year. It will be a while till they work out concessions.

35?

Peyton manning?

Don't make me come over there.

PostPosted: Fri 05.18.2012, 16:36 

Sand$: 46867
Donate
nyj.gif
rugger48 wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
jnadke wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
It makes financial sense to just pay Brees his $14M this year. It actually makes sense to pay him the $17M+ franchise tag next year as well as opposed to handing over $60M guaranteed. It would probably be a PR nightmare, but I can't really fault the Saints for dragging their feet.

Oh absolutely, they can pay him the raises for the next 5 years and still come out ahead.

The new CBA re-did the calculations. It used to be the Top 5 average, but not not so much. It's arbitrary.

$14 million has Eli Manning and Peyton Manning making more than Brees.

Heck even Michael Vick and Sam Bradford would be making just more than $14 mil when you factor in their signing bonus amortized.

The first 2 years yes, but if they franchise him a 3rd year its 144% more than the previous year or 122% of the top 5 players in his position.

1st year 14 million 33 age 22 demands mill savings 8 mill
2nd year 17 million 34 age 22 demands savings 5 mill
3rd year 24.5 million 35 age 22 demands loss 2.5 mill
4th year 35.5 million 36 age 22 demands loss 14 mill
5th year 51 million 37 age 22 demands loss 29 mill.

all guarenteed

he would be 37 in the 5th year, the saints should just give him the contract they know they have to give him.

By age 35 his interest should be declining. Thats when you sign him if his demands don't come down. However they will sign him this year. It will be a while till they work out concessions.

35?

Peyton manning?

Don't make me come over there.

Not to mention that if Kurt Warner came out tomorrow and said he wanted to play, the Cardinals would hand him a blank check.

PostPosted: Mon 05.21.2012, 10:57 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16526
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Oh there would be interest but not like today. At best he has three years left at that point. By then the QB position would be at 26-27 mill. Saints save about 3-5 mill to sign him at market then. Not a huge savings but the franchise salary is more cap friendly as they are making there last runs before rebuild comes into play. Right now he would have teams lining up to sign him. By 35 maybe 3-4. Also mannings deal is below Brees demands.

PostPosted: Mon 05.21.2012, 11:08 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
Oh there would be interest but not like today. At best he has three years left at that point. By then the QB position would be at 26-27 mill. Saints save about 3-5 mill to sign him at market then. Not a huge savings but the franchise salary is more cap friendly as they are making there last runs before rebuild comes into play. Right now he would have teams lining up to sign him. By 35 maybe 3-4. Also mannings deal is below Brees demands.

dont get me wrong, and I see what your saying he will be playing this season at 33 years old which means if they franchise him 3 straight years he would be 36 years old when he would go on the market. You cant be telling me in this era of football someone wont be giving him around 25 million daollars a year 4 yearsfrom now. Maybe 10 years ago a qb was over the hill at 26, but now. Honestly I would take him on the steelers 3 years from now, Bens career will be short lived like Mcnabbs with his style of play.

PostPosted: Mon 05.21.2012, 11:16 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
Quote:
According to SI's Peter King, the Saints "feel they should be credited for taking a medical risk" on unsigned franchise player Drew Brees in 2006.With the sides mired in contract stalemate, the Saints apparently believe they deserve a break for being the only team willing to give Brees $10 million per season as he was coming off shoulder surgery in 2006. That line of thinking is unlikely to move a player who hasn't missed a game with injury in six seasons in New Orleans.

Enjoy it saints fans, once brees and payton are gone you will be a 4-12 team for many many years to come with the way they run that franchise. St louis Rams 2.0

PostPosted: Mon 05.21.2012, 13:36 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
rugger48 wrote:
Quote:
According to SI's Peter King, the Saints "feel they should be credited for taking a medical risk" on unsigned franchise player Drew Brees in 2006.With the sides mired in contract stalemate, the Saints apparently believe they deserve a break for being the only team willing to give Brees $10 million per season as he was coming off shoulder surgery in 2006. That line of thinking is unlikely to move a player who hasn't missed a game with injury in six seasons in New Orleans.

Enjoy it saints fans, once brees and payton are gone you will be a 4-12 team for many many years to come with the way they run that franchise. St louis Rams 2.0

Yes! There defense and O line are slated to be horrible very soon.

PostPosted: Mon 05.21.2012, 19:16 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 31543
Donate
mia.gif
rugger48 wrote:
Quote:

Terrible thinking. Hey we took a risk, and all we got was a lousy Lombardi Trophy.

PostPosted: Mon 05.21.2012, 19:55 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14162
Donate
sea.gif
So the Saints want to pay their defense to injure people and ask their offense to take paycuts for not getting injured? :-k

PostPosted: Mon 05.21.2012, 21:35 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32960
Donate
car.gif
Elmagister wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
Quote:

Terrible thinking. Hey we took a risk, and all we got was a lousy Lombardi Trophy.

Hilarious thought process. We don't pay extra for past performance but we want a discount for what we did in the past.

I think Benson's the head uberdouche and everything else just oozes down the hill. Let's not ever forget that Benson tried to use Katrina to his advantage and sneak the team to San Antonio.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Tue 05.22.2012, 08:25 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
pwbowen wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
Quote:

Hilarious thought process. We don't pay extra for past performance but we want a discount for what we did in the past.

I think Benson's the head uberdouche and everything else just oozes down the hill. Let's not ever forget that Benson tried to use Katrina to his advantage and sneak the team to San Antonio.

Hey now lets not turn Breasel into a " Saint". Lets realize that a bigger douche is trying to out douche a douche.

PostPosted: Tue 05.22.2012, 08:43 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32960
Donate
car.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
Quote:

Hey now lets not turn Breasel into a " Saint". Lets realize that a bigger douche is trying to out douche a douche.

Seems to be a karmatic polymarriage (ooops, poly-civil union) of Benson, Loomis, Payton and Breasel.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Tue 05.22.2012, 08:49 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
pwbowen wrote:

Seems to be a karmatic polymarriage (ooops, poly-civil union) of Benson, Loomis, Payton and Breasel.

There 2" on a map from Utah. I will allow it.

PostPosted: Tue 05.22.2012, 09:57 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 4595
Donate
someone please photoshop Drew's head on Pauly Shore's body

PostPosted: Wed 05.30.2012, 14:55 

Sand$: 46867
Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:
Saints fans set up website to fund Brees contract
Posted by Mike Florio on May 30, 2012, 2:11 PM EDT

Saints quarterback Drew Brees has accused the team of having no sense of urgency when it comes to negotiating a long-term deal. Some Saints fans definitely have a sense of urgency.

A group of the fleur-de-lis faithful have set up a website, FansStepUp.com, which seeks donations aimed at bridging the gap between whatever the Saints are offering Brees and whatever Brees wants.

Through Tuesday, the effort had raised $738.09

:F x 1,000

PostPosted: Wed 05.30.2012, 15:02 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 4681
Donate
dal.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:
Saints fans set up website to fund Brees contract
Posted by Mike Florio on May 30, 2012, 2:11 PM EDT

Through Tuesday, the effort had raised $738.09

:F x 1,000

Thats just enough that he may play for one set of downs but its borderline. :lol:

I talked to Jerry Jones over the weekend. I asked him if I could use 6 of his Dallas Cowboys players to be pall bearers at my funeral. He asked me why and I told him that I wanted the Dallas Cowboys to let me down one last time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 24  Next