FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 11.23.2014, 17:10

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 68  Next
PostPosted: Thu 05.17.2012, 20:26 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3863
Donate
cle.gif
Not a lawyer, but the case seems pretty clear: In order to prove the statements made against Vilma were true, Goddell would have to present the evidence that he has withheld to this point. I think that was what Vilma was asking for all along. He has been damaged through the suspension for a year, and any loss of endorsements. From a player perspective, he has been the poster child for the bounty program in New Orleans. In today's society with all the forms of media, shouldn't be that tough to prove the damage to his current and future career.

TE: Olsen
K: Gostkowski
D: Browns, Phins

PostPosted: Thu 05.17.2012, 21:29 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 37694
Donate
car.gif
jnadke wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
And whether the evidence would pass a court of law isn't really an issue with the CBA that allows Goodell to hand out punishment, not the US Legal System.

Of course. Goodell can suspend whoever he wants whenever he wants.

But making press releases as such accusing him of the bounties does involve the US Legal System.

How's that? There are no criminal charges. Simply because Vilma can file a lawsuit? Filing a lawsuit requires no merit. And the idea that Vilma had a valuable reputation that is tarnished is hilariously stupid. He'll drop the lawsuit before it ever hits a courtroom, he just wanted it put out by BSPN that he filed.

And is there anyway that there's not a deposition from Gregg Williams implicating Vilma's involvement?

Goodell may not be a lawyer like Tagliabue was but he seems sharp enough to not just lob crap at active players who are members of the NFLPA without some type of proof.

And one thing to remember, you have to prove malice to win defamation. It's not just about 'that hurt my reputation' but it has to be a clear intent to do so. No chance for Vilma to win this IMO.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Fri 05.18.2012, 06:13 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7981
Donate
jax.gif
Elmagister wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:
Suspended Saints MLB Jonathan Vilma is suing commissioner Roger Goodell for defamation of character.

whee!!!!!

That made me laugh out loud.

Never has a team went for so loved to hated in such a short period of time. Arrogant douche dats.

PostPosted: Fri 05.18.2012, 08:33 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Awesome. This should be fun to watch.

PostPosted: Mon 06.18.2012, 13:38 

Sand$: 48482
Donate
nyj.gif
I'm sure most of us are tired of this story, but PFT is obviously covering it non stop and they have a ton of info that I won't copy and past all over here.

But this snippet caught my eye-

Quote:
NFL evidence– A slide prepared by Williams to illustrate “assessing the opponent.”

This slide features an image of the reality television character “Dog the Bounty Hunter,” and includes the phrase “Now its time to do our job…collect bounty$$$!” along with “No apologies! Let’s go Hunting!”

The NFLPA document refers to it as “a poorly chosen and ironic example to use but life plays havoc on us at times.”

There's some stuff that NFL is releasing as evidence that could be read a couple ways, but this? C'mon man =;

PostPosted: Mon 06.18.2012, 13:59 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55814
Donate
chi.gif
endzoneview wrote:
I'm sure most of us are tired of this story, but PFT is obviously covering it non stop and they have a ton of info that I won't copy and past all over here.

But this snippet caught my eye-

Quote:
NFL evidence– A slide prepared by Williams to illustrate “assessing the opponent.”

This slide features an image of the reality television character “Dog the Bounty Hunter,” and includes the phrase “Now its time to do our job…collect bounty$$$!” along with “No apologies! Let’s go Hunting!”

The NFLPA document refers to it as “a poorly chosen and ironic example to use but life plays havoc on us at times.”

There's some stuff that NFL is releasing as evidence that could be read a couple ways, but this? C'mon man =;

...right...

PostPosted: Mon 06.18.2012, 14:17 

Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:
The NFL's evidence included emails that Saints coach Sean Payton's close friend and confidant, Mike Ornstein, sent from prison, offering up bounties for hits.

However, multiple sources familiar with the situation told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that Ornstein insisted his emails were jokes, and he unsuccessfully attempted to convince Goodell of this during their conversations. via ESPN

The ol' Ashton Kutcher Punk'd defense I see. :popcorn:

PostPosted: Mon 06.18.2012, 16:06 

Donate
nyj.gif
When Roddy White is the voice of reason, something's gone terribly wrong

Roddy's tweets on the subject via PFT -

“Players complaining that Roger Goodell is “judge, jury and executioner” are a little late to the party. Players allowed in July.

Don’t know why we complaining we did this to ourselves. I applaud roger godell [sic] for brokering a hell of a deal and I blame nflpa for failing us.

Whoever is the head of the baseball union that’s who we need to hire they never have problems.

Ok they have had problems but not on the same issues that where [sic] problems before they signed a new cba as a union. the nflpa fixed none of our real problems.

Sold us a great dream about how good the deal was I didn’t even want to sign that card because I knew the deal we signed was terrible.”

PostPosted: Tue 06.19.2012, 17:54 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13980
Donate
atl.gif
^ Sounds like an angry Obama voter :lol:

A smart Roddy this year? SUPER BOWL!

Saints fans:

PostPosted: Tue 06.19.2012, 18:33 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 23940
Donate
det.gif
ok, so i just watched the video of the saints sidelines during the NFC championship. anthony hargrove, you must think i'm an idiot if you expect me to believe that is not you saying "gimme my money".

seriously, bro. like i said about suh last year in the GB game, be a man and own it.

PostPosted: Wed 06.20.2012, 07:24 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
getdownmmmkay wrote:
ok, so i just watched the video of the saints sidelines during the NFC championship. anthony hargrove, you must think i'm an idiot if you expect me to believe that is not you saying "gimme my money".

seriously, bro. like i said about suh last year in the GB game, be a man and own it.

C'mon, man. Didn't you hear Hargrove explain it? It's all schematics, man, just schematics. I love watching dumb people try to be smart by reading things with words they can't pronounce. Yes, I'm sure you wrote that, fat-boy.

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Fri 06.22.2012, 23:00 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
atl.gif
Can someone explain to me how DeMaurice Smith got his job, much less the job before that that led to this job?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/80856 ... ans-saints

Seriously, how?

PostPosted: Fri 06.22.2012, 23:02 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13580
Donate
sea.gif
pwbowen wrote:
getdownmmmkay wrote:

C'mon, man. Didn't you hear Hargrove explain it? It's all schematics, man, just schematics. I love watching dumb people try to be smart by reading things with words they can't pronounce. Yes, I'm sure you wrote that, fat-boy.

Already had a visiting Saints fan drop by the Seahawks forum I visit to let me know that I "can't be serious" in my assessment that the audio is authentic and the voice is clearly the same on saying 'Bobby'.

PostPosted: Fri 06.22.2012, 23:57 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
pinksheets wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
getdownmmmkay wrote:

Already had a visiting Saints fan drop by the Seahawks forum I visit to let me know that I "can't be serious" in my assessment that the audio is authentic and the voice is clearly the same on saying 'Bobby'.

I don't know which to be more shocked of: the level of stupidity to make that claim or that the Saints fan found out how to work the world wide interwebs.

PostPosted: Sat 06.23.2012, 12:10 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
atl.gif
pinksheets wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
getdownmmmkay wrote:

We have a guy on a Falcons forum who has been there for a few years. He defended the Saints for 75 pages endlessly during this whole process. It was great entertainment to a degree and the effort he put into it was A+. Since all that information has been released to the public the guy hasn't shown his face. Probably sitting in his living room with a grocery bag over his head.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 68  Next