FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 08.30.2014, 15:13

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue 02.05.2013, 11:45 

Sand$: 6354
Donate
ne.gif
good...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/ny_n ... Rw6DyFPvSI

Quote:
Hope you enjoyed Beyoncé, football fans, because next year, there may not be a halftime show at the frigid Meadowlands Super Bowl.

There is no plan for one at Super Bowl XLVIII in the open-air home of the Jets and Giants in New Jersey — because NFL officials can’t figure out how to stage the festivities in the frigid climate, sources told The Post.

“It’s because of the cold weather,” revealed one source involved in the planning of the first-ever open-to-the-winter-elements Super Bowl.

“It’s not only the acts and the singers but [also] the crews that have to put the stage together. You know, the assembly has to be done a certain way. It’s choreographed and rehearsed so it can be assembled and disassembled as fast as possible. And you just can’t assemble the stage and break it down fast enough in the cold.”

“There’s no plan right now of what to do in its place,” the planning official said about the halftime spectacle.

The logistical nightmares for 2014 have already started — and are getting worse every day, sources said. “The NFL is freaking out about these issues because they’ve never done a cold-weather Super Bowl,” said one source, who added that officials are worried because there’s no telling what Old Man Winter has planned.

“There are a thousand things we didn’t think about” in regards to the cold, another source said.

Lawyers, league bosses and TV execs are haggling over protocols for a weather emergency, like a heavy snowstorm.

While record numbers of plows and tons of rock salt are already being reserved, local officials have reminded the league that the game could be impossible to play in the case of a blizzard or ice storm, a source said.

“How do you cancel a Super Bowl or postpone it?” a source said. “Who decides? When? How do they decide? Will it be the next day, the next week? What if the teams can’t get there? What if the George Washington Bridge is shut down?”

Officials with the league and the Super Bowl host committee declined to comment.

PostPosted: Tue 02.05.2013, 11:47 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 942
Donate
No halftime show and maybe a spruce of snow? football at its finest! :Drink)

PostPosted: Tue 02.05.2013, 11:49 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 3955
Donate
dal.gif
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Thank goodness for small miracles!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Tue 02.05.2013, 11:51 

Sand$: 6354
Donate
ne.gif
5XChamps wrote:

agreed .. i hope its true!

PostPosted: Tue 02.05.2013, 11:57 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 33684
Donate
nyj.gif
FLPatsFan wrote:
5XChamps wrote:

actually the plan was for a massive snowball fight at halftime between some fans :lol:

PostPosted: Tue 02.05.2013, 12:15 

Sand$: 47685
Donate
nyj.gif
nothing is official. just talk. not that I care one way or the other

PostPosted: Tue 02.05.2013, 12:19 
Honorary Megalodon

Sand$: 14108
Donate
sf.gif
I havent watched a half time show in years so I wouldnt miss it. That being said their excuse is lame. Every year in December whenever the tree gets lit at Rockefeller center or at Times Square on NYE there is a live show. I wanna know why no one raised this concern before they elected to have it there. This country is becoming a bunch of sissies.

PostPosted: Tue 02.05.2013, 12:23 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7693
Donate
jax.gif
Chris Christie just told everyone to get the hell away from NJ next Feb.

PostPosted: Tue 02.05.2013, 12:24 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 402
Donate
nyg.gif
If the stage is such a big problem just do the show on the turf. What's the big deal?

PostPosted: Tue 02.05.2013, 12:27 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18290
Donate
min.gif
jetsman2806 wrote:
FLPatsFan wrote:
5XChamps wrote:

actually the plan was for a massive snowball fight at halftime between some fans :lol:

Did they move the game to Philly?

PostPosted: Tue 02.05.2013, 12:31 

Donate
nyj.gif
dedela wrote:
I havent watched a half time show in years so I wouldnt miss it. That being said their excuse is lame. Every year in December whenever the tree gets lit at Rockefeller center or at Times Square on NYE there is a live show. I wanna know why no one raised this concern before they elected to have it there. This country is becoming a bunch of sissies.

Exactly. They'll do something, just probably not as grand of a scale that it has been in the past.

And I think people are making too much of something that is sourced to the New York Post.

PostPosted: Tue 02.05.2013, 12:53 

Donate
nyj.gif
endzoneview wrote:
And I think people are making too much of something that is sourced to the New York Post.

Looks like I agree with the NFL

Quote:
Brian McCarthy, the league’s vice president of communications, just tweeted out word that all is well, and that there’s nothing to see here.

“re: erroneous reports #SB48 halftime show next year. Chill out. pregame & halftime shows in-stadium.” via PFT

Nice touch with the "chill out"

PostPosted: Tue 02.05.2013, 13:10 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10076
Donate
sf.gif
They should just pull out a plain old stage, and have Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi sing a few songs...no flash and dash, just some rock and roll. They can do that in snow.

PostPosted: Tue 02.05.2013, 13:16 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 74
Donate
dal.gif
FLPatsFan wrote:
good...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/ny_n ... Rw6DyFPvSI

Quote:
Hope you enjoyed Beyoncé, football fans, because next year, there may not be a halftime show at the frigid Meadowlands Super Bowl.

There is no plan for one at Super Bowl XLVIII in the open-air home of the Jets and Giants in New Jersey — because NFL officials can’t figure out how to stage the festivities in the frigid climate, sources told The Post.

“It’s because of the cold weather,” revealed one source involved in the planning of the first-ever open-to-the-winter-elements Super Bowl.

“It’s not only the acts and the singers but [also] the crews that have to put the stage together. You know, the assembly has to be done a certain way. It’s choreographed and rehearsed so it can be assembled and disassembled as fast as possible. And you just can’t assemble the stage and break it down fast enough in the cold.”

“There’s no plan right now of what to do in its place,” the planning official said about the halftime spectacle.

The logistical nightmares for 2014 have already started — and are getting worse every day, sources said. “The NFL is freaking out about these issues because they’ve never done a cold-weather Super Bowl,” said one source, who added that officials are worried because there’s no telling what Old Man Winter has planned.

“There are a thousand things we didn’t think about” in regards to the cold, another source said.

Lawyers, league bosses and TV execs are haggling over protocols for a weather emergency, like a heavy snowstorm.

While record numbers of plows and tons of rock salt are already being reserved, local officials have reminded the league that the game could be impossible to play in the case of a blizzard or ice storm, a source said.

“How do you cancel a Super Bowl or postpone it?” a source said. “Who decides? When? How do they decide? Will it be the next day, the next week? What if the teams can’t get there? What if the George Washington Bridge is shut down?”

Officials with the league and the Super Bowl host committee declined to comment.

This decision was made 2 years ago...why start the freak out now? They couldn't have just got a day past the SB and started the process yesterday, they would have asked and answered these questions when is was awarded

PostPosted: Tue 02.05.2013, 13:47 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7013
Donate
ind.gif
I have an idea ... what about a marching band?

I'm a bit surprised at the idea of not having a big extravaganza though. It may be a hassle setting up and certainly entertainers will need heaters or clothes, but it doesn't seem that terrible. I still think it is a terrible idea to have an outdoor game.

They could also load up a few cows and march them out to crap on the field ... have a cow-pie lottery for the folks to bet on. That's no worse than letting the Patriots on the field. Whoa, Bessie dropped that like Welker dropping a Brady pass ....