User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 33486
Joined: Tue Nov 8, 2005
Sand$: 6,995.50
good...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/ny_n ... Rw6DyFPvSI

Hope you enjoyed Beyoncé, football fans, because next year, there may not be a halftime show at the frigid Meadowlands Super Bowl.

There is no plan for one at Super Bowl XLVIII in the open-air home of the Jets and Giants in New Jersey — because NFL officials can’t figure out how to stage the festivities in the frigid climate, sources told The Post.

“It’s because of the cold weather,” revealed one source involved in the planning of the first-ever open-to-the-winter-elements Super Bowl.

“It’s not only the acts and the singers but [also] the crews that have to put the stage together. You know, the assembly has to be done a certain way. It’s choreographed and rehearsed so it can be assembled and disassembled as fast as possible. And you just can’t assemble the stage and break it down fast enough in the cold.”

“There’s no plan right now of what to do in its place,” the planning official said about the halftime spectacle.

The logistical nightmares for 2014 have already started — and are getting worse every day, sources said. “The NFL is freaking out about these issues because they’ve never done a cold-weather Super Bowl,” said one source, who added that officials are worried because there’s no telling what Old Man Winter has planned.

“There are a thousand things we didn’t think about” in regards to the cold, another source said.

Lawyers, league bosses and TV execs are haggling over protocols for a weather emergency, like a heavy snowstorm.

While record numbers of plows and tons of rock salt are already being reserved, local officials have reminded the league that the game could be impossible to play in the case of a blizzard or ice storm, a source said.

“How do you cancel a Super Bowl or postpone it?” a source said. “Who decides? When? How do they decide? Will it be the next day, the next week? What if the teams can’t get there? What if the George Washington Bridge is shut down?”

Officials with the league and the Super Bowl host committee declined to comment.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 785
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012
Sand$: 1,558.22
No halftime show and maybe a spruce of snow? football at its finest! :Drink)
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 27031
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003
Sand$: 3,647.10
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Thank goodness for small miracles!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
_______________________________________

“If you are lucky in life, a man will come through your life that makes a difference. We had a rocky relationship, but I am glad I met him as I know I am better for knowing Tom Landry."
― Hollywood Henderson
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 33486
Joined: Tue Nov 8, 2005
Sand$: 6,995.50
5XChamps wrote:=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Thank goodness for small miracles!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>


agreed .. i hope its true!
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 24384
Joined: Wed Dec 7, 2005
Sand$: 32,766.92
FLPatsFan wrote:
5XChamps wrote:=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Thank goodness for small miracles!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>


agreed .. i hope its true!


actually the plan was for a massive snowball fight at halftime between some fans :lol:
_______________________________________

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 33850
Joined: Sat Aug 1, 2009
Sand$: 5.63
nothing is official. just talk. not that I care one way or the other
User avatar
Honorary Megalodon
Posts: 6138
Joined: Thu Jul 8, 2010
Sand$: 12,471.24
I havent watched a half time show in years so I wouldnt miss it. That being said their excuse is lame. Every year in December whenever the tree gets lit at Rockefeller center or at Times Square on NYE there is a live show. I wanna know why no one raised this concern before they elected to have it there. This country is becoming a bunch of sissies.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 8265
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004
Sand$: 41,085.02
Chris Christie just told everyone to get the hell away from NJ next Feb.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Blue Shark
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu Sep 4, 2003
Sand$: 432.00
If the stage is such a big problem just do the show on the turf. What's the big deal?
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 29182
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004
Sand$: 81,352.43
jetsman2806 wrote:
FLPatsFan wrote:
5XChamps wrote:=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Thank goodness for small miracles!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>


agreed .. i hope its true!


actually the plan was for a massive snowball fight at halftime between some fans :lol:


Did they move the game to Philly?
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 33850
Joined: Sat Aug 1, 2009
Sand$: 5.63
dedela wrote:I havent watched a half time show in years so I wouldnt miss it. That being said their excuse is lame. Every year in December whenever the tree gets lit at Rockefeller center or at Times Square on NYE there is a live show. I wanna know why no one raised this concern before they elected to have it there. This country is becoming a bunch of sissies.


Exactly. They'll do something, just probably not as grand of a scale that it has been in the past.



And I think people are making too much of something that is sourced to the New York Post.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 33850
Joined: Sat Aug 1, 2009
Sand$: 5.63
endzoneview wrote:And I think people are making too much of something that is sourced to the New York Post.



Looks like I agree with the NFL

Brian McCarthy, the league’s vice president of communications, just tweeted out word that all is well, and that there’s nothing to see here.

“re: erroneous reports #SB48 halftime show next year. Chill out. pregame & halftime shows in-stadium.” via PFT


Nice touch with the "chill out"
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4835
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 10,584.14
They should just pull out a plain old stage, and have Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi sing a few songs...no flash and dash, just some rock and roll. They can do that in snow.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16915
Joined: Tue May 11, 2004
Sand$: 13.28
FLPatsFan wrote:good...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/ny_n ... Rw6DyFPvSI

Hope you enjoyed Beyoncé, football fans, because next year, there may not be a halftime show at the frigid Meadowlands Super Bowl.

There is no plan for one at Super Bowl XLVIII in the open-air home of the Jets and Giants in New Jersey — because NFL officials can’t figure out how to stage the festivities in the frigid climate, sources told The Post.

“It’s because of the cold weather,” revealed one source involved in the planning of the first-ever open-to-the-winter-elements Super Bowl.

“It’s not only the acts and the singers but [also] the crews that have to put the stage together. You know, the assembly has to be done a certain way. It’s choreographed and rehearsed so it can be assembled and disassembled as fast as possible. And you just can’t assemble the stage and break it down fast enough in the cold.”

“There’s no plan right now of what to do in its place,” the planning official said about the halftime spectacle.

The logistical nightmares for 2014 have already started — and are getting worse every day, sources said. “The NFL is freaking out about these issues because they’ve never done a cold-weather Super Bowl,” said one source, who added that officials are worried because there’s no telling what Old Man Winter has planned.

“There are a thousand things we didn’t think about” in regards to the cold, another source said.

Lawyers, league bosses and TV execs are haggling over protocols for a weather emergency, like a heavy snowstorm.

While record numbers of plows and tons of rock salt are already being reserved, local officials have reminded the league that the game could be impossible to play in the case of a blizzard or ice storm, a source said.

“How do you cancel a Super Bowl or postpone it?” a source said. “Who decides? When? How do they decide? Will it be the next day, the next week? What if the teams can’t get there? What if the George Washington Bridge is shut down?”

Officials with the league and the Super Bowl host committee declined to comment.


This decision was made 2 years ago...why start the freak out now? They couldn't have just got a day past the SB and started the process yesterday, they would have asked and answered these questions when is was awarded
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4774
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007
Sand$: 12,299.58
I have an idea ... what about a marching band?

I'm a bit surprised at the idea of not having a big extravaganza though. It may be a hassle setting up and certainly entertainers will need heaters or clothes, but it doesn't seem that terrible. I still think it is a terrible idea to have an outdoor game.

They could also load up a few cows and march them out to crap on the field ... have a cow-pie lottery for the folks to bet on. That's no worse than letting the Patriots on the field. Whoa, Bessie dropped that like Welker dropping a Brady pass ....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest