FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 12.22.2014, 23:24

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 20:39 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 486
Donate
Quote:
Which GM's are driven by public pressure? I can think of zero.

The rams gm was driven by public pressure, for the last three years, until he was fired.

Maybe you're thinking owners?

PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 22:42 

Sand$: 48316
Donate
nyj.gif
bjoemama2 wrote:
Quote:
Which GM's are driven by public pressure? I can think of zero.

The rams gm was driven by public pressure, for the last three years, until he was fired.

I guess that answers that

PostPosted: Sat 04.14.2012, 08:16 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15671
Donate
endzoneview wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

As it relates to the QB position in Miami under Ireland -

-Ireland/Parcells drafted Henne in 08
-Henne was the starter in 09 and 10
-going into 2011, Ireland stated he wanted to build around Henne so he could improve. The Dolphins subsequently passed on Dalton and every other QB in the draft that year, true to his word *** and not giving into the public pressure for a new QB
-going into 2012, Ireland stated that they needed a quarterback to get over the hump. Unless that hump is David Garrard, I'd be shocked if they don't exit this draft with Tannehill

We shall see

I wouldn't be shocked either way. I just think Ireland would have to change his spots to do so. We only have one full year of him drafting alone to go by and he didn't deviate much from the Parcells mold. He could very well go against his own nature. I just think the odds are of him doing more of the same.

Yeah, not sure why you're so hung up on this *** and not giving into the public pressure for a new QB premise. Which GM's are driven by public pressure? I can think of zero.

:lol: It was only the thing that started and continued this two page discussion.

PostPosted: Mon 04.16.2012, 11:50 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 273
Donate
gb.gif
The talk leading up to the draft is getting more and more ridiculous on this guy:

Quote:
In his MMQB column Monday morning, SI's Peter King was adamant that the Seahawks will select Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill if he is available with the 12th overall pick in the draft.

"You can write this down," says King. "If Tannehill were to be there at 12, Seattle would take him." Per King, teams around the league are well aware of the Seahawks' affinity for Tannehill, and a quarterback-needy club might be inclined to trade up to No. 11 to get in front of Seattle if Tannehill fell. "At Tannehill's workout," one source told King, "(Seahawks coach) Pete Carroll was giggling like a schoolgirl watching him throw. His attitude was like, 'What are we even doing here? He'll never be there for us."
Source: SI.com Apr 16 - 9:46 AM

Didn't Seattle just sign Flynn?

PostPosted: Mon 04.16.2012, 12:19 

Donate
nyj.gif
fishfry wrote:
The talk leading up to the draft is getting more and more ridiculous on this guy:

Quote:
In his MMQB column Monday morning, SI's Peter King was adamant that the Seahawks will select Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill if he is available with the 12th overall pick in the draft.

"You can write this down," says King. "If Tannehill were to be there at 12, Seattle would take him." Per King, teams around the league are well aware of the Seahawks' affinity for Tannehill, and a quarterback-needy club might be inclined to trade up to No. 11 to get in front of Seattle if Tannehill fell. "At Tannehill's workout," one source told King, "(Seahawks coach) Pete Carroll was giggling like a schoolgirl watching him throw. His attitude was like, 'What are we even doing here? He'll never be there for us."
Source: SI.com Apr 16 - 9:46 AM

Didn't Seattle just sign Flynn?

I'm assuming that this is what King is solely basing his story on, which is ridiculous because Pete is giggling like a school girl 24/7

PostPosted: Mon 04.16.2012, 12:22 

Donate
nyj.gif
Not to cherry pick stats, but shouldn't teams be worried about Tannehill's performance when he has to play against the top teams with NFL talent?

He threw 6 TD's and 10 INT's and was 0-4 against Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Texas and Arkansas. He can beat up the crappier teams but didn't show up for the big games. Just some food for thought.

PostPosted: Mon 04.16.2012, 12:38 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36354
Donate
mia.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Not to cherry pick stats, but shouldn't teams be worried about Tannehill's performance when he has to play against the top teams with NFL talent?

He threw 6 TD's and 10 INT's and was 0-4 against Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Texas and Arkansas. He can beat up the crappier teams but didn't show up for the big games. Just some food for thought.

Maybe after sitting a couple years, he'll be good, but this is an issue with me. He was the 5th best QB in his conference (maybe). I just don't get all the buzz. Shouldn't be considered in the first, imo.

PostPosted: Mon 04.16.2012, 12:53 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 38892
Donate
car.gif
Elmagister wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

Maybe after sitting a couple years, he'll be good, but this is an issue with me. He was the 5th best QB in his conference (maybe). I just don't get all the buzz. Shouldn't be considered in the first, imo.

And I don't think you can say those Big 12 defenses were 'top teams with NFL talent' cause they were some of the worst in the nation.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Mon 04.16.2012, 12:56 

Donate
nyj.gif
pwbowen wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

And I don't think you can say those Big 12 defenses were 'top teams with NFL talent' cause they were some of the worst in the nation.

'Top teams' in his division is what I meant. While they had down seasons, they do have more than a few NFL talent level players on their team. As opposed to say Baylor (6TD's, 0 INT's). That's really what I was talking about.

PostPosted: Mon 04.16.2012, 13:12 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15671
Donate
pwbowen wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

How good were the teams he beat in 2010? serious question as I don't follow college football. From just glancing at the success of the program in 2010 Tannehill had more talent around him than 2011?
Been trying to get a bead on Tannehill since he might be a Dolphin. Saw a nice writeup by Matt Waldman on him by analyzing gamefilm that gave me a little hope if he does go to Miami.

PostPosted: Mon 04.16.2012, 13:19 

Donate
nyj.gif
SonOfDad wrote:

How good were the teams he beat in 2010? serious question as I don't follow college football. From just glancing at the success of the program in 2010 Tannehill had more talent around him than 2011?
Been trying to get a bead on Tannehill since he might be a Dolphin. Saw a nice writeup by Matt Waldman on him by analyzing gamefilm that gave me a little hope if he does go to Miami.

Good question.

He only played half the season in 2010. Of the programs I mentioned above, he only played two of them: Oklahoma and Texas, then LSU in the bowl game. Total for those three games: 5 TD, 5 INT. The bowl game he went 2TD/3INT to further drive home my point that he has failed to show up for big games.

I'm completely number crunching though. I did not watch these games.

PostPosted: Mon 04.16.2012, 13:32 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 38892
Donate
car.gif
endzoneview wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

'Top teams' in his division is what I meant. While they had down seasons, they do have more than a few NFL talent level players on their team. As opposed to say Baylor (6TD's, 0 INT's). That's really what I was talking about.

Weeden's competition for comparison:

Biggest midget when you use "Big 12" and "defense" in the same sentence. And Arkansas wasn't good on D by SEC standards.

Team/Overall D Rankings
#14 Texas
#25 Stanford
#61 Missouri
#62 Oklahoma
#66 Texas A&M
#72 La-Lafayette
#74 Kansas St
#90 Tulsa
#99 Iowa St
#110 Arizona
#114 Baylor
#115 Texas Tech
#120 Kansas (DFL)

Team/Passing D Rankings
#47 Texas
#65 Texas Tech
#73 Iowa St
#78 Stanford
#83 Oklahoma
#91 Missouri
#92 La-Lafayette
#104 Kansas St
#108 Kansas
#112 Baylor
#113 Texas A&M
#118 Tulsa
#119 Arizona

I hope people realize what the competion really was when looking at game film for Weeden and for Blackmon also.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Mon 04.16.2012, 13:39 

Sand$: 101708
Donate
SonOfDad wrote:

I wouldn't read too much into 2010 since it was his first year QB'ing, but the raw talent around him in 2011 was better than 2010. Most of the same guys just a year older. Maybe Stonecutter can shed some light on what he thinks the issues were with the team since he's a die hard, I know what I've read elsewhere but I trust his opinion more.

His performances against better teams in 2011 is why I want nothing to do with him in the 1st round. I wrote down, 'would love him at pick 37 but his stock is going to soar this off season' after his bowl game because the raw potential is there but it's just that - raw. There is 0 substance on his resume. You simply cannot burn a 1st round pick on an unknown like this, it's how people lose their jobs.

PostPosted: Mon 04.16.2012, 13:40 

Donate
nyj.gif
pwbowen wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

Biggest midget when you use "Big 12" and "defense" in the same sentence. And Arkansas wasn't good on D by SEC standards but doesn't matter since they didn't play Ok St in 2011.

I hope people realize what the competion really was when looking at game film for Weeden and for Blackmon also.

Arkansas did play A&M last year http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=312740008

Again, I'm not defending that the Big 12 defenses were great, just pointing out that when Tannehill faced the tougher teams he underperformed. He can only play who's on his schedule. Flacco played for the University of Delaware so we can't draw conclusions simply due to the level of competition. We can however look to see how a player performs under pressure.

Last edited by endzoneview on Mon 04.16.2012, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 04.16.2012, 13:42 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13084
Donate
gb.gif
Teams are just being mean to the Dolphins/Browns so that real players fall further in the draft.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next