FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.31.2014, 23:00

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Thu 03.15.2012, 18:38 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13580
Donate
sea.gif
jnadke wrote:
pinksheets wrote:
I don't accept that premise at all.

You can't do that, I'm stating my reasons for not accepting your premise :P

I firmly believe he'll draft-day fall to the 2nd round. You give me a compelling reason why he won't.

Because he's a quarterback. They get overvalued and overdrafted every year. Obviously we'll have a somewhat clearer picture once FA shakes out. Your initial premise assumes a lot of things that haven't happened yet, once everyone gets settled in, we'll see. Just look at Locker and Ponder last year. Lots of people had Locker falling way out of the 1st, Ponder had garnered late 1st/early 2nd buzz and made the leap.

Some people really, really like Tannehill. Don't ask me why, haha, but people, even so called experts, are often very wrong. Remember Mayock's top 2 QBs going into last year's draft? 1. Gabbert 2. Newton. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu 03.15.2012, 20:14 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12114
Donate
gb.gif
pinksheets wrote:
jnadke wrote:
pinksheets wrote:

I firmly believe he'll draft-day fall to the 2nd round. You give me a compelling reason why he won't.

Because he's a quarterback. They get overvalued and overdrafted every year. Obviously we'll have a somewhat clearer picture once FA shakes out. Your initial premise assumes a lot of things that haven't happened yet, once everyone gets settled in, we'll see. Just look at Locker and Ponder last year. Lots of people had Locker falling way out of the 1st, Ponder had garnered late 1st/early 2nd buzz and made the leap.

Some people really, really like Tannehill. Don't ask me why, haha, but people, even so called experts, are often very wrong. Remember Mayock's top 2 QBs going into last year's draft? 1. Gabbert 2. Newton. :lol:

True, but your assumption is every team is irrational. There are rational teams.

My belief is that all the irrational teams drafted their QB during the run on QBs last year. The only teams left that are QB-less are Seahawks, Browns, and Chiefs, all of which are cheapskates. Of those, the only team with a history of wasting 1st round picks on QBs is the Browns.

Don't forget, Arizona just send a 1st round-grade CB and a 2nd round pick for Kolb. They're invested.

PostPosted: Thu 03.15.2012, 21:20 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36782
Donate
car.gif
jnadke wrote:
pinksheets wrote:
jnadke wrote:
pinksheets wrote:

True, but your assumption is every team is irrational. There are rational teams.

My belief is that all the irrational teams drafted their QB during the run on QBs last year. The only teams left that are QB-less are Seahawks, Browns, and Chiefs, all of which are cheapskates. Of those, the only team with a history of wasting 1st round picks on QBs is the Browns.

Don't forget, Arizona just send a 1st round-grade CB and a 2nd round pick for Kolb. They're invested.

Actually, it only takes 1 irrational team and I wouldnt bet against at 1 being stupid and panicking.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Sat 03.17.2012, 00:17 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9222
Donate
cle.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Scare tactic.

Teams are trying to scare the Browns into taking him at 4. That's not very nice.

Ill puke if they take him at #4.. :F :F :F :F :F

Richardson, Claiborn, and blackmon on the board?? NFW

PostPosted: Sat 03.17.2012, 20:14 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14734
Donate
jax.gif
Fighting Amish wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Scare tactic.

Teams are trying to scare the Browns into taking him at 4. That's not very nice.

I would be stoked. Then the jags could draft one of those guys or has more leverage to trade down.

PostPosted: Mon 03.19.2012, 02:18 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9222
Donate
cle.gif
i think any speculation him is redamndiculous..

PostPosted: Mon 03.19.2012, 08:11 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1195
Donate
cle.gif
Fighting Amish wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Scare tactic.

My thoughts EXACTLY. No way should we take such an unproven commodity so high when all that talent is there to be had at other positions. Hell, it's not like we're a QB away from winning the division or anything. There are needs up and down the roster.

RB: Ball/Bush/L Miller/Freeman
WR: Dez/Percy/Benjamin/Hunter/Lee
TE: Witten/Kelce
D/ST: Pats/Jets
K: Bailey

PostPosted: Mon 03.19.2012, 10:47 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3245
Donate
dal.gif
th3pun1sh3r wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Scare tactic.

My thoughts EXACTLY. No way should we take such an unproven commodity so high when all that talent is there to be had at other positions. Hell, it's not like we're a QB away from winning the division or anything. There are needs up and down the roster.

I would say it is extremely unlikely they take him unless they move down. The top 6 is pretty much set in stone, just the order is not.

Flynn going to Seattle really hurts Tannehill as they were def an option at 12 or a canditate to move up and snag him. I guess Miami could take him but the way their performing this offseason he will refuse to go their before the draft and demand a trade if selected.

QB- A. Luck
WR- Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Cecil Shorts, Andre Roberts
WR- Roddy White, Percy Harvin, Cody Lattimore, D. Adams
RB- J. Bell, C. Michael, Alfred Blue, CJ Anderson
TE- GRONK
DEF- Indy, Wash

PostPosted: Sat 03.24.2012, 15:59 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1948
Donate
car.gif
Weeden is a way better prospect. A franchise caliber QB for 7 years is better than a bust.

Tannehill's numbers are pretty poor, even in a poor Big 12 this year. If teams draft him in the top 10, that just means better talent for my Panthers to draft later.

PostPosted: Sat 03.24.2012, 16:23 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
KeKeKe Zergling Rush wrote:
Weeden is a way better prospect. A franchise caliber QB for 7 years is better than a bust.

Tannehill's numbers are pretty poor, even in a poor Big 12 this year. If teams draft him in the top 10, that just means better talent for my Panthers to draft later.

I wouldn't want anything to do with Chris Weinke Jr.

Weeden's a good player from a great scheme playing horrendous defenses.

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Sun 03.25.2012, 00:03 
Blue Shark

Donate
car.gif
Every meaningful stat of Tannehill's is worse than Weeden's. Its not close. I put Luck & Griffin's numbers in there for comparison. Talking about drafting Tannehill in the same ballpark as Luck & Griffin is lunacy. Doesn't mean I think the Browns/Dolphins won't do it, because NFL teams are full of retards. But they shouldn't.

Weeden:
Yards per Attempt - 8.4
Interception Percentage - 2.4%
Completion Percentage - 69.7%
Sack Percentage - 1.9%

Tannehill:
Yards per Attempt - 7.03
Interception Percentage - 2.7%
Completion Percentage - 62.6%
Sack Percentage - 2.7%

Luck:
Yards per Attempt - 8.8
Interception Percentage - 2.3%
Completion Percentage - 71.0%
Sack Percentage - 2.2%

Griffin:
Yards per Attempt - 9.1
Interception Percentage - 1.6%
Completion Percentage - 69.5%
Sack Percentage - 5.5%

EDIT:

And stats from Chris Weinke as well.

Chris Weinke:
Yards per Attempt - 9.7
Interception Percentage - 3.1%
Completion Percentage - 61.7%
Sack Percentage - Not Tracked

Last edited by KeKeKe Zergling Rush on Sun 03.25.2012, 00:08, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun 03.25.2012, 00:08 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
sea.gif
Yards per Attempt- 9.3
Interception Percentage- 0.8%
Completion Percentage- 71%

Either stats are deceptive or Case Keenum is going to be a helluva franchise quarterback,

PostPosted: Sun 03.25.2012, 00:13 
Blue Shark

Donate
car.gif
I hear the defenses in conference USA are AWESOME! Any idiot considers the context the numbers come from, rather than just the number....

PostPosted: Sun 03.25.2012, 00:21 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
sea.gif
:roll:

The point being...college stats are in no way indicative of NFL performance nor are they the main focus of NFL scouts. Posting them doesn't really make any point at all.

PostPosted: Sun 03.25.2012, 00:37 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
KeKeKe Zergling Rush wrote:
I hear the defenses in conference USA are AWESOME! Any idiot considers the context the numbers come from, rather than just the number....

I hate to break it to you, but the defenses in C-USA weren't any worse than what Okie St faced. They had 5 of the worst 20 defenses in Division 1A. Big 12 defenses sucked balls.

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/football/ncaaf/stats/team-total-defense

And that also means Weeden faced 5 of the worst 17 pass defenses to be found last year. Not exactly SEC defenses, and those still are AA ball compared to the pros.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next