FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 09.17.2014, 06:34

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Mon 04.16.2012, 22:23 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 116249
Donate
min.gif
Say Stone - bit off topic - do you think Fullers ever going to get his head right and bring it when he gets into the league?

PostPosted: Mon 04.16.2012, 22:36 
Moderatorbaiter

Sand$: 8120
Donate
dal.gif
birddog wrote:
Say Stone - bit off topic - do you think Fullers ever going to get his head right and bring it when he gets into the league?

I think he does. The man is a freak of nature. Right at the end of the season he finally started to pull it together, but it was too late. I think he ultimately shines in the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon 04.16.2012, 23:15 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 116249
Donate
min.gif
StoneCutter wrote:
birddog wrote:

I think he does. The man is a freak of nature. Right at the end of the season he finally started to pull it together, but it was too late. I think he ultimately shines in the NFL.
thanks for the thoughts :wink:

PostPosted: Thu 04.19.2012, 12:05 

Sand$: 54293
Donate
nyj.gif
Jeff Ireland via the Dolphins official twitter -

-“He’s a great kid. He’s smart, tough, has a good family background”
-“There are times you should go after a first-round quarterback, but you shouldn’t be pressured into it"
-“There are certainly some glaring things that are hitting me this year,” Ireland said. “I have a pretty good idea of what I want at No. 8.”

PostPosted: Thu 04.19.2012, 12:46 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32784
Donate
mia.gif
The good family background makes him a lock...

PostPosted: Mon 04.23.2012, 12:45 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11258
Donate
gb.gif
Beat Writers trying to drum up a story:

Quote:
A "well-placed NFL official" with one of the teams picking in the top 12 told ESPN's Adam Schefter that he believes Ryan Tannehill is the best quarterback prospect in the 2012 draft.
We wonder if it might be Seahawks GM John Schneider, as it's no secret that Seattle is particularly high on Tannehill's skill set. The well-placed official apparently believes Tannehill is a superior NFL prospect to Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III. Writes Schefter, "it just goes to prove the point that it only takes one." Schefter fully expects Tannehill to be a top-12 pick.

Now that the Colts have officially chosen Andrew Luck, stories are getting dry.

PostPosted: Mon 04.23.2012, 15:04 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13536
Donate
sea.gif
Honestly, I'm warming up on Tannehill. After hearing Waldman's rave review of him, I've changed my tune a little bit. I wouldn't be upset if he fell to #12 and the Hawks took him. He's a better prospect than the QB that went in the same spot last year, and the Hawks have a situation where he can sit instead of being thrust into the starting job too soon. This might also be due to how underwhelming the first round picks outside of the top few are this year.

But there's no way it was Schneider who said that Tannehill is a better prospect than Luck and RG3.

PostPosted: Mon 04.23.2012, 15:09 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 53869
Donate
min.gif
I don't think Tannehill is going to be worth it, especially if he goes to the Seahawks. That would be a bad pick... but I can see it happening if they trade up. Miami is going to try hard to get him.

PostPosted: Mon 04.23.2012, 15:17 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
mia.gif
unimsw wrote:
I don't think Tannehill is going to be worth it, especially if he goes to the Seahawks. That would be a bad pick... but I can see it happening if they trade up. Miami is going to try hard to get him.

I honestly think they take him if he's there, but if someone else moves up they'll let them overspend.

PostPosted: Mon 04.23.2012, 15:54 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3186
Donate
cle.gif
I think Tannenhill has a lot of upside, but also a good but of risk. He has all the tools, but he seems like a guy that needs the Rodgers/Rivers treatment and sit for a year or two and learn the ropes and I do think he can really flourish. But I think if he gets rushed out there, he could turn into a Klingler/Russell type. I'm not sure that Miami has the patience to sit him for the entire season at least, but maybe they will and the pick could work out for them. But you can bet fans will be clamoring for him day one, wherever he lands, which would be a mistake IMO.

PostPosted: Mon 04.23.2012, 19:11 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 280039
Donate
den.gif
I think it's almost a done deal and I don't like it.... Really worried he's going to be a bust.

Stone, what are your thoughts, I know you've seen him play more than most people?

You probably mentioned it somewhere in this thread, but I don't have time to look for it.

PostPosted: Mon 04.23.2012, 19:14 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
mia.gif
StoneCutter wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:
How good were the teams he beat in 2010? serious question as I don't follow college football. From just glancing at the success of the program in 2010 Tannehill had more talent around him than 2011?
Been trying to get a bead on Tannehill since he might be a Dolphin. Saw a nice writeup by Matt Waldman on him by analyzing gamefilm that gave me a little hope if he does go to Miami.

I wouldn't read too much into 2010 since it was his first year QB'ing, but the raw talent around him in 2011 was better than 2010. Most of the same guys just a year older. Maybe Stonecutter can shed some light on what he thinks the issues were with the team since he's a die hard, I know what I've read elsewhere but I trust his opinion more.

His performances against better teams in 2011 is why I want nothing to do with him in the 1st round. I wrote down, 'would love him at pick 37 but his stock is going to soar this off season' after his bowl game because the raw potential is there but it's just that - raw. There is 0 substance on his resume. You simply cannot burn a 1st round pick on an unknown like this, it's how people lose their jobs.

Without going back and looking at stats, I'll just give my opinion of what I saw in the last two years. I was at every home game the last two years, and several away games (and I watched the away games that were televised that I couldn't go to), plus bowl games.

Tannehill was an excellent QB in 2010 and 2011. The defense was terrible in 2011, which is what lost 90% of the games in 2011 (Oklahoma was the only game that A&M really got outmatched in).

If all you look at is the stat line, you are missing so much. The reason his TDs were down and INTs were up in 2011 was because his receivers were dropping perfectly placed passes left and right. He had an incredible stud WR in Fuller, but Fuller's mind just wasn't right in 2011. He had mentally checked out. Add in that Coach Sherman was dead set on forcing the ball to Fuller all year, despite the drops, and Tannehill's hands were tied. It was incredibly painful to watch this season. Then throw in the stubbornness of Sherman to keep calling the same plays over and over (short comeback routes down the sideline) and the defenses knew it was coming, resulting in DBs jumping in front of the WRs. Sherman refused to let Tannehill air it out to keep the defense honest. Then we lost Christine Michael mid-season and Cyrus Gray near the end of the season, making A&M completely one dimensional with a coach that kept calling the same plays over and over. It was frustrating to say the least.

Also, anyone saying Tannehill only has a little under 2 years experience at QB also isn't paying attention. He was recruited by A&M as a top QB prospect. Unfortunately, Jerrod Johnson was at A&M at the same time. So Tannehill moved out to WR, but he was really a QB.

The guy has an amazing work ethic, and has the skills to be a top QB.

Remember, he beat RGIII, twice. He beat #11 Oklahoma in 2010 and #9 Nebraska in 2010. He beat tu in 2010, and if not for a bogus call at the end of the game would have beat tu in 2011. When his WRs weren't dropping perfect passes, his stats were off the charts.

Now that I've gotten all that off my chest, please forget everything I said and let me grab Tannehill in my dynasty draft.

1 page back... :wink:

PostPosted: Tue 04.24.2012, 16:34 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1105
Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
One high-ranking personnel chief believes "a lot" of teams do not view Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill as a first-round pick.

"I can see a situation where he doesn't go at all in the top 20," said the personnel chief. "If Miami doesn't grab him, and they got Mike Sherman there, the teams behind them are going to start questioning, what the hell are we doing taking him?" The official as well at least one other AFC team tell NFL.com that Tannehill is not a Top 20 prospect on their respective draft boards.
Source: NFL.com Apr 24 - 3:42 PM

I'm not sure Sherman has that much influence at this point.

I predict he'll be there at pick 27 and somebody trades with New England to go and get him

PostPosted: Tue 04.24.2012, 16:44 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 686
Donate
stl.gif
His throwing motion needs work.

Pushes, rather than throws.

PostPosted: Tue 04.24.2012, 16:49 

Sand$: 54293
Donate
nyj.gif
fishfry wrote:
Quote:
One high-ranking personnel chief believes "a lot" of teams do not view Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill as a first-round pick.

"I can see a situation where he doesn't go at all in the top 20," said the personnel chief. "If Miami doesn't grab him, and they got Mike Sherman there, the teams behind them are going to start questioning, what the hell are we doing taking him?" The official as well at least one other AFC team tell NFL.com that Tannehill is not a Top 20 prospect on their respective draft boards.
Source: NFL.com Apr 24 - 3:42 PM

I'm not sure Sherman has that much influence at this point.

I predict he'll be there at pick 27 and somebody trades with New England to go and get him

I think someone gets in front of the Browns 22nd pick to get him

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next