FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 04.24.2014, 09:33

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 15:08 

Sand$: 94497
Donate
jnadke wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
Hopefully it's Weeden. I'm not worried about the Browns taking Tannehill too early, but I am worried we'll take Weeden too early.

Well, if they're going to be choosy, they have to take him early. #36 minimum.

As you said, too many other teams need a back-up plan. Bills, Chiefs, Broncos, Cardinals, Ravens. If the right guy fell far enough, any one of them would snatch them up.

I'm not saying all of them would take 2nd, or even 3rd, round QBs, but each has their price.

He's not a top 100 player so if we take him I hope it's not until day 3. If he's not available come day 3, oh well, take someone else. Those guys from Chatanooga and Northern Illinois have just as good of a chance of being a decent starter as Weeden. Not much of one. But they cost much less and allow us to improve another position with the premium picks.

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 15:12 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15256
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
OarChambo wrote:
jnadke wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
Hopefully it's Weeden. I'm not worried about the Browns taking Tannehill too early, but I am worried we'll take Weeden too early.

As you said, too many other teams need a back-up plan. Bills, Chiefs, Broncos, Cardinals, Ravens. If the right guy fell far enough, any one of them would snatch them up.

I'm not saying all of them would take 2nd, or even 3rd, round QBs, but each has their price.

He's not a top 100 player so if we take him I hope it's not until day 3. If he's not available come day 3, oh well, take someone else. Those guys from Chatanooga and Northern Illinois have just as good of a chance of being a decent starter as Weeden. Not much of one. But they cost much less and allow us to improve another position with the premium picks.

If Holmgren takes him and that pick misses. Holmgren will be retired and that might not be a bad thing either. Kinda bitter sweet.

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 15:22 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1171
Donate
nyg.gif
OarChambo wrote:
sebringc4 wrote:
If my team needs a QB, I may very well over reach and draft a QB a half a round, or even a whole round, early. The reward seems to out weigh the risks, when the cost is taken into account.

Below are the QB's drafted in rounds 2 and 3 before the rookie wage scale, by this logic and that practiced last year these guys should either be mid 1st rounders (the guys taken in round 2) or 2nd rounders (the guys drafted in round 3)

Clausen
Colt

Pat White

Brohm
Henne
O'Connell

Kolb
Beck
Stanton
Edwards

Clemens
Tarvaris
Whitehurst
Croyle

Just because some teams are doing doesn't make it the right thing to do.

Point taken. Agree. #-o

I didn't realize the list looks that bad! UUUUGGGGG!!! There is no one on that list even worth a third.

So, let me clarify my point - "Just because some teams are doing doesn't make it the right thing to do." :thumbright:

RB: McCoy*; Charles*; Bradshaw; D. Martin*
WR: Cruz*; Julio*; Blackmon ; Cobb
TE: Pettigrew*
K: Janik*
DEF: Sea; Cin*
IDP: Dqwell*

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 15:24 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
sebringc4 wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
sebringc4 wrote:
If my team needs a QB, I may very well over reach and draft a QB a half a round, or even a whole round, early. The reward seems to out weigh the risks, when the cost is taken into account.

Below are the QB's drafted in rounds 2 and 3 before the rookie wage scale, by this logic and that practiced last year these guys should either be mid 1st rounders (the guys taken in round 2) or 2nd rounders (the guys drafted in round 3)

Clausen
Colt

Pat White

Brohm
Henne
O'Connell

Kolb
Beck
Stanton
Edwards

Clemens
Tarvaris
Whitehurst
Croyle

Just because some teams are doing doesn't make it the right thing to do.

Point taken. Agree. #-o

I didn't realize the list looks that bad! UUUUGGGGG!!! There is no one on that list even worth a third.

So, let me clarify my point - "Just because some teams are doing doesn't make it the right thing to do." :thumbright:

NO NO NO! it just means the draft spot is over do! ~ Rick Spielman.

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 15:29 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10451
Donate
gb.gif
OarChambo wrote:
jnadke wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

If Osweiler or Weeden drop to the bottom of the 2nd, it's all but guaranteed the Broncos take them as a groomable QB ala Rogers (hopefully without multiple Peyton Manning retirements).

IMO, it'd fall something like this:
1#1 - Colts - Luck
1#2 - Redskins - Griffin
1#8 - Dolphins - Tannehill
2#37/22 - Browns - Weeden or 2#44 Chiefs
2#44 - Chiefs - Osweiler or 2#57 Broncos
3#80 - Cards - Cousins
3 or 4 - Packers (don't think they trust UDFA as #2) or Broncos - Russell Wilson or Ryan Lindley
Bills / Ravens - Foles or Coleman

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 15:32 

Donate
I like this game, but I prefer this

1#1 - Colts - Luck
1#2 - Redskins - Griffin
1#8 - Dolphins - Tannehill
2#44 Chiefs - Weeden
2#57 Broncos - Osweiler
3#80 - Cards - Cousins
4+ - Browns - Wilson, Coleman, or Harnish

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 15:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
OarChambo wrote:
I like this game, but I prefer this

You're probably right. But who knows what's inside Holmgren's noggin.

For the future of the Browns they should figure out the rest of their team this year and draft a QB at 1.1 next year.

PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 12:43 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter....
"In talking to people around the league, I don't think Kalil is a lock to Minnesota at No. 3 by any stretch," said Schefter. Schefter has heard of some teams "sniffing around" Minnesota's first-rounder, and expects interest to pick up in "a week to ten days," when all clubs have their 2012 draft boards set. Vikings GM Rick Spielman is known to be open to trading down.

Kalil's good, but not enough to auction off future 1st round picks on him..... (the going cost of trading to the #3 spot.... pretty much guaranteed at least 1 future 1st round no matter where you are).

So if teams do trade up with the Vikings, it's probably for Tannehill.

Oar, you might get your wish.

PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 12:48 

Sand$: 40258
Donate
nyj.gif
jnadke wrote:
Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter....
"In talking to people around the league, I don't think Kalil is a lock to Minnesota at No. 3 by any stretch," said Schefter. Schefter has heard of some teams "sniffing around" Minnesota's first-rounder, and expects interest to pick up in "a week to ten days," when all clubs have their 2012 draft boards set. Vikings GM Rick Spielman is known to be open to trading down.

Kalil's good, but not enough to auction off future 1st round picks on him..... (the going cost of trading to the #3 spot.... pretty much guaranteed at least 1 future 1st round no matter where you are).

It's really is going to be a crapshoot after the first two picks this year. Moreso than usual. I have no idea what is going to happen.

PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 12:52 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
jnadke wrote:
Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter....

We are retarded that is why were 3-13. I don't trust Spielman with more picks to later picks. time to circumcise your GM ziggy. Also take off the tip as well.

PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 12:53 

Sand$: 40258
Donate
nyj.gif
Jim Irsay ‏ @JimIrsay
Follow

Tannehill is a hidden gem in this draft,a quiet secret who was always sneaking up to #3..you want him,you better talk to Zigi The Biggie!

PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 12:56 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Jim Irsay ‏ @JimIrsay
Follow

Tannehill is a hidden gem in this draft,a quiet secret who was always sneaking up to #3..you want him,you better talk to Zigi The Biggie!

I know its not real but I cant dismiss it either.

PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 12:56 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Last year set the mark with 6 QBs drafted in the first 36 picks.

This year will be entertaining to see if this will be the new norm.

FUN FACT:
The last time 3 QBs were drafted 1-2-3:
Code:
1999 NFL Draft
1    Cleveland Browns    Tim Couch    Quarterback    Kentucky
2    Philadelphia Eagles    Donovan McNabb    Quarterback    Syracuse
3    Cincinnati Bengals    Akili Smith    Quarterback    Oregon
6 QBs total in 50 picks

Which is funny considering the guys drafted just after them (EdgerrinJames/RickyWilliams/TorryHolt/ChampBailey) have a better chance of getting in the HoF....

To be fair, that was just before the last end-of-the-world, so GMs thought they should use'em or lose'em.

PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 13:20 

Donate
jnadke wrote:
Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter....

I'm really not worried about him being there at #4, we're not going to take him there...but if someone trades up for him at #3 then we may be able to move down. I think Heckert wants one of Claibrone, Richardson, Blackmon, or Floyd, just trying to find a way to get as low as possible to still get one without missing on all of them.

PostPosted: Thu 04.12.2012, 10:45 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2268
Donate
was.gif
Vikings would have to be stupid to not trade away the #3 pick to Miami if they offer a future first. You know Miami should be in top 3 of the draft next year. Then again they will miss out on the top OT in the draft.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next