FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 10.19.2014, 23:22

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue 03.20.2012, 05:52 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 34934
Donate
mia.gif
@jeffdarlington Source says Garrard will get chance to compete for job "if he's healthy and gets full offseason program under his belt." So depth...for now.

I don't mind that signing.

@danieltosh jeff ireland, you are the reason i am never happy.

LOL

PostPosted: Tue 03.20.2012, 10:39 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13580
Donate
sea.gif
I can't help but think that going into the draft with two low-end starters that likely aren't in the long term plans they're drafting Tannehill early. Maybe they're going to make some savvy moves in the draft and get Osweiller in the 2nd, but I doubt you guys are that lucky. :lol:

Garrard isn't half as bad as he's made out to be, though. He can play the role of game manager fairly well, and we know Moore can handle the job, so hopefully they don't rush a rookie out too early.

PostPosted: Tue 03.20.2012, 10:58 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
mia.gif
I knew as soon as they hired Sherman that they'd be reaching for Tannehill. While Flynn was available, I fooled myself into believing otherwise. But I'm coming back around to acceptance...

PostPosted: Tue 03.20.2012, 11:28 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11896
Donate
gb.gif
Elmagister wrote:
I knew as soon as they hired Sherman that they'd be reaching for Tannehill. While Flynn was available, I fooled myself into believing otherwise. But I'm coming back around to acceptance...

This.

As long as Cleveland passes, Tannehill will be in Miami under his old coach.

If Miami passes on Tannehill the dude is trash.

PostPosted: Tue 03.20.2012, 11:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
sea.gif
jnadke wrote:
Elmagister wrote:

This.

Even those that actually like Tannehill would concede that he needs to develop for at least a full season before he starts. I think the pressure that will come down on him and that franchise to start him when he's picked #8, especially if the season starts rocky after losing their #1 receiver + are starting QB options that won't excite the fanbase, is going to be overwhelming. I think he'll be forced out there and his chances will be hurt big time.

PostPosted: Tue 03.20.2012, 11:42 

Sand$: 57025
Donate
nyj.gif
pinksheets wrote:
jnadke wrote:
Elmagister wrote:

This.

Even those that actually like Tannehill would concede that he needs to develop for at least a full season before he starts. I think the pressure that will come down on him and that franchise to start him when he's picked #8, especially if the season starts rocky after losing their #1 receiver + are starting QB options that won't excite the fanbase, is going to be overwhelming. I think he'll be forced out there and his chances will be hurt big time.

I really don't think fans will be clamoring for Tannehill to start.

PostPosted: Tue 03.20.2012, 11:48 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
sea.gif
endzoneview wrote:
pinksheets wrote:
jnadke wrote:
Elmagister wrote:

This.

Haha, maybe not.

But a team that's had an off-season that saw them "miss" on two different QBs only to bring in a guy like David Garrard, with a fanbase that from what I can tell by the tweets by Miami beatwriters are very upset, and then actually drafts a quarterback at #8? Once their team invests heavily in Tannehill, I'd be willing to be that suddenly most Dolphin fans starts viewing the guy very favorably, start hyping him up big time, start watching his highlight reels on Youtube daily, etc. He'll suddenly go from 'please don't draft him' to 'the answer'. I don't think the Phins fans here will necessarily go that direction, but the reactionary drones that make up a sizable chunk of any fanbase could very likely be salivating and screaming to put him in at some point this season.

PostPosted: Tue 03.20.2012, 11:52 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11896
Donate
gb.gif
pinksheets wrote:
Once their team invests heavily in Tannehill/Ponder, I'd be willing to bet that suddenly most Dolphin/Vikings fans starts viewing the guy very favorably, start hyping him up big time, start watching his highlight reels on Youtube daily, etc. He'll suddenly go from 'please don't draft him' to 'the answer'.

FTFY.

PostPosted: Tue 03.20.2012, 11:53 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
sea.gif
jnadke...I'm not saying I was going to make that comparison but held back because I've already had that argument with Vikings fans enough here...I'm just saying. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue 03.20.2012, 12:02 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32256
Donate
oak.gif
endzoneview wrote:
pinksheets wrote:
jnadke wrote:
Elmagister wrote:

This.

I still find it completely insane that Tannehill is being taken on day one at all. His ceiling is Jake Plummer. I agree with Oar, throw Moore back out there and see what happens. If I'm a Fins fan I'd rather see them go 2-14 with Moore under center and draft Barkley next year.

2010 & 2011 The Premier League Champion
2012 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion

PostPosted: Tue 03.20.2012, 12:13 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
sea.gif

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 7476.story

Quote:
About 25 people, including four men with paper bags over their heads and another one clutching a Dan Marino doll, said recent decisions by Dolphins' management led to what is believed to be the first protest of the franchise by its fan base.

I have to assume that the man clutching the Marino doll is none other than our very own Elmagister.

PostPosted: Tue 03.20.2012, 12:14 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
mia.gif
SJSwarm wrote:
I still find it completely insane that Tannehill is being taken on day one at all. His ceiling is Jake Plummer. I agree with Oar, throw Moore back out there and see what happens. If I'm a Fins fan I'd rather see them go 2-14 with Moore under center and draft Barkley next year.

That's my issue. 1st round is way too high to take him.

PostPosted: Tue 03.20.2012, 12:36 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15549
Donate
Elmagister wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:

Like you said, Sherman on board has me scared with them taking Tannehill at #8. I still think there's a good chance they pass on him and grab a pass rusher or trade back. We still have a huge need at RT. Flynn was supposed to be a lock to come here and he's in Seattle. Mallet was supposed to be here last year and he's not. Taylor Mays isn't a Seahawk. Neither is Leinart or a few others that were locks. I'm still holding out hope.

As for WR, I'm hoping Moore or Wallace get a chance to step up. The few games Sparano allowed them to play, they showed potential.

PostPosted: Tue 03.20.2012, 12:40 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
mia.gif
SonOfDad wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:

Like you said, Sherman on board has me scared with them taking Tannehill at #8. I still think there's a good chance they pass on him and grab a pass rusher or trade back. We still have a huge need at RT. Flynn was supposed to be a lock to come here and he's in Seattle. Mallet was supposed to be here last year and he's not. Taylor Mays isn't a Seahawk. Neither is Leinart or a few others that were locks. I'm still holding out hope.

As for WR, I'm hoping Moore or Wallace get a chance to step up. The few games Sparano allowed them to play, they showed potential.

I'm right there. I keep hoping. But part of me is already resigned. At least if it happens it won't be the shock that Ted Ginn was...

pinksheets wrote:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 7476.story

Quote:
About 25 people, including four men with paper bags over their heads and another one clutching a Dan Marino doll, said recent decisions by Dolphins' management led to what is believed to be the first protest of the franchise by its fan base.

I have to assume that the man clutching the Marino doll is none other than our very own Elmagister.

Just saw this. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue 03.20.2012, 12:43 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36330
Donate
car.gif
A grown man with a Dan Marino doll?

That's very disturbing. I think we've found the Miami KWIT and it's probably anatomically correct doll with a permanent look of horror and disgust.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next