Another Carolina RB?

Post Reply  
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 35076
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 4,550.39
vonbearsalot wrote:If the rumors are true, I will say that I respect it. While he left $4 mil in SD, he's still signed for $8.4 mil, which is a lot of money. He can live very well on that if he's even remotely reasonable, and he gets to do it near his family and community.

There are more important things in the world than money. So kudos to him for getting it, if that really is the case.


Not to mention the cost of living in Carolina is drastically lower than that of Southern California.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 22855
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005
Sand$: 5,506.00
hankrip wrote:
raynman wrote:
hankrip wrote:I can't believe FBs are even employed in NFL anymore, let alone given good $$.

he wasn't given really good money. this year he's only getting $700k and the rest of the years it's around $2mil a year.

considering all the ways he's going to be used and play time he's going to be getting and the talent that he's bringing, the dude is a bargain.


I was talking in general about FBs. Tolbert obviously has some RB skills that make him more valuable than the typical tree stump FB. Those one dimensional guys really need to find new work in today's NFL.

oh...100% agreed with that. they could always find work on a john fox team, though. i guess now in tampa as well.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 20136
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005
Sand$: 53,869.06
endzoneview wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:If the rumors are true, I will say that I respect it. While he left $4 mil in SD, he's still signed for $8.4 mil, which is a lot of money. He can live very well on that if he's even remotely reasonable, and he gets to do it near his family and community.

There are more important things in the world than money. So kudos to him for getting it, if that really is the case.


Not to mention the cost of living in Carolina is drastically lower than that of Southern California.


You guys are all assuming that he's thinking like we'd all think about our employment opportunities. I can't remember the last time an NFL player in his prime, with the opportunity free agency might have afforded in both money and starting opportunity, chose to take less money and consign himself to a backup role for the sake of things like cost of living, location, family proximity, and such.

If that is really what happened here then more power to him for sure. But I'm more inclined to think he found a far softer market for his services than he thought was out there, and he didn't like the idea of going back to San Diego, so he made the best of a less advantageous situation.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 35076
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 4,550.39
JimHart wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:If the rumors are true, I will say that I respect it. While he left $4 mil in SD, he's still signed for $8.4 mil, which is a lot of money. He can live very well on that if he's even remotely reasonable, and he gets to do it near his family and community.

There are more important things in the world than money. So kudos to him for getting it, if that really is the case.


Not to mention the cost of living in Carolina is drastically lower than that of Southern California.


You guys are all assuming that he's thinking like we'd all think about our employment opportunities. I can't remember the last time an NFL player in his prime, with the opportunity free agency might have afforded in both money and starting opportunity, chose to take less money and consign himself to a backup role for the sake of things like cost of living, location, family proximity, and such.

If that is really what happened here then more power to him for sure. But I'm more inclined to think he found a far softer market for his services than he thought was out there, and he didn't like the idea of going back to San Diego, so he made the best of a less advantageous situation.


I thought that was obvious. He visited the Chiefs I think and they signed Hillis shortly after.

I was just discussing his decision between returning to San Diego and going home.
User avatar
Leopard Shark
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Sep 5, 2010
Sand$: 67.38
Actually a good move by the Carolina Chargers.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16963
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009
Sand$: 40,109.02
endzoneview wrote:
JimHart wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:If the rumors are true, I will say that I respect it. While he left $4 mil in SD, he's still signed for $8.4 mil, which is a lot of money. He can live very well on that if he's even remotely reasonable, and he gets to do it near his family and community.

There are more important things in the world than money. So kudos to him for getting it, if that really is the case.


Not to mention the cost of living in Carolina is drastically lower than that of Southern California.


You guys are all assuming that he's thinking like we'd all think about our employment opportunities. I can't remember the last time an NFL player in his prime, with the opportunity free agency might have afforded in both money and starting opportunity, chose to take less money and consign himself to a backup role for the sake of things like cost of living, location, family proximity, and such.

If that is really what happened here then more power to him for sure. But I'm more inclined to think he found a far softer market for his services than he thought was out there, and he didn't like the idea of going back to San Diego, so he made the best of a less advantageous situation.


I thought that was obvious. He visited the Chiefs I think and they signed Hillis shortly after.

I was just discussing his decision between returning to San Diego and going home.

Probably increases his a career a couple of years also.
_______________________________________

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=336835
11th Annual Kicker Defense Challenge
Can you win a yahoo public league picking DEF/K in the 1st 2 rounds?

500 sand entry fee
2015 winners
Endzoneview
Craphead
Crackhead Bob
PMG
Palmerac
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6568
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 14,550.70
Great move for the Panthers. Absolutely skyrockets Mathews value in all formats. Devalues DWill and JStew's already low stock.
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 678
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011
Sand$: 119.92
According to Len Pasquarelli of The Sports Xchange, the Panthers will "definitely" listen to trade offers for Jonathan Stewart this offseason.
After signing Mike Tolbert, the Panthers quickly put out word that Stewart wasn't on the trade block, perhaps for fear of losing leverage. Per Pasquarelli, however, the Steelers could be a "sleeper" to make a run at Stewart, and "everyone" has made the Broncos the favorite to acquire the versatile, 25-year-old back. Pasquarelli does concede "there hasn't been anything serious yet."
Source: Yahoo Sports


Is there a smiley with hands together and eyes closed looking up to heaven?
_______________________________________

I ain't no chum...

2012 Extreme Sharks Baseball CHAMP!
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21887
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006
Sand$: 8,649.64
Is there a smiley with hands together and eyes closed looking up to heaven?




Try a google image search using "Jonathan Stewart fantasy football owners" as the search term.

As an alternate search, you could probably use "Mike Tolbert" or "DWill" fantasy football owners too.

As a multi Tolbert owner, I may even try it myself. :thumbright:
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 27867
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007
Sand$: 56,760.40
5th down wrote:
According to Len Pasquarelli of The Sports Xchange, the Panthers will "definitely" listen to trade offers for Jonathan Stewart this offseason.
After signing Mike Tolbert, the Panthers quickly put out word that Stewart wasn't on the trade block, perhaps for fear of losing leverage. Per Pasquarelli, however, the Steelers could be a "sleeper" to make a run at Stewart, and "everyone" has made the Broncos the favorite to acquire the versatile, 25-year-old back. Pasquarelli does concede "there hasn't been anything serious yet."
Source: Yahoo Sports


Is there a smiley with hands together and eyes closed looking up to heaven?


As a matter of fact... :eusa_pray:
_______________________________________

I advise you foe me so you don't have to read this crap.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4991
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 10,927.98
5th down wrote:
According to Len Pasquarelli of The Sports Xchange, the Panthers will "definitely" listen to trade offers for Jonathan Stewart this offseason.
After signing Mike Tolbert, the Panthers quickly put out word that Stewart wasn't on the trade block, perhaps for fear of losing leverage. Per Pasquarelli, however, the Steelers could be a "sleeper" to make a run at Stewart, and "everyone" has made the Broncos the favorite to acquire the versatile, 25-year-old back. Pasquarelli does concede "there hasn't been anything serious yet."
Source: Yahoo Sports


Is there a smiley with hands together and eyes closed looking up to heaven?


I would love to see J-Stew go to the Broncos. Good fit and they need someone else given that Moreno is awful/injury proned loser, and McGahee needs someone to help out. I've liked Stewart since college, and if he gets the right opportunity and is healthy, I think he can be huge for the Broncos.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 20136
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005
Sand$: 53,869.06
I'd love, love, love to see JStew go to Pitt. That would be amazing ... from a fantasy perspective.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 18685
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 70,910.58
mobsters wrote:
5th down wrote:
According to Len Pasquarelli of The Sports Xchange, the Panthers will "definitely" listen to trade offers for Jonathan Stewart this offseason.
After signing Mike Tolbert, the Panthers quickly put out word that Stewart wasn't on the trade block, perhaps for fear of losing leverage. Per Pasquarelli, however, the Steelers could be a "sleeper" to make a run at Stewart, and "everyone" has made the Broncos the favorite to acquire the versatile, 25-year-old back. Pasquarelli does concede "there hasn't been anything serious yet."
Source: Yahoo Sports


Is there a smiley with hands together and eyes closed looking up to heaven?


I would love to see J-Stew go to the Broncos. Good fit and they need someone else given that Moreno is awful/injury proned loser, and McGahee needs someone to help out. I've liked Stewart since college, and if he gets the right opportunity and is healthy, I think he can be huge for the Broncos.



I hope he doesnt, sharing carries with mcgahee, in a pass heavy offense.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 20136
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005
Sand$: 53,869.06
rugger48 wrote:
mobsters wrote:
5th down wrote:
According to Len Pasquarelli of The Sports Xchange, the Panthers will "definitely" listen to trade offers for Jonathan Stewart this offseason.
After signing Mike Tolbert, the Panthers quickly put out word that Stewart wasn't on the trade block, perhaps for fear of losing leverage. Per Pasquarelli, however, the Steelers could be a "sleeper" to make a run at Stewart, and "everyone" has made the Broncos the favorite to acquire the versatile, 25-year-old back. Pasquarelli does concede "there hasn't been anything serious yet."
Source: Yahoo Sports


Is there a smiley with hands together and eyes closed looking up to heaven?


I would love to see J-Stew go to the Broncos. Good fit and they need someone else given that Moreno is awful/injury proned loser, and McGahee needs someone to help out. I've liked Stewart since college, and if he gets the right opportunity and is healthy, I think he can be huge for the Broncos.



I hope he doesnt, sharing carries with mcgahee, in a pass heavy offense.


Would you like to see him in Pitt?
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 18685
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 70,910.58
JimHart wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
mobsters wrote:
5th down wrote:
According to Len Pasquarelli of The Sports Xchange, the Panthers will "definitely" listen to trade offers for Jonathan Stewart this offseason.
After signing Mike Tolbert, the Panthers quickly put out word that Stewart wasn't on the trade block, perhaps for fear of losing leverage. Per Pasquarelli, however, the Steelers could be a "sleeper" to make a run at Stewart, and "everyone" has made the Broncos the favorite to acquire the versatile, 25-year-old back. Pasquarelli does concede "there hasn't been anything serious yet."
Source: Yahoo Sports


Is there a smiley with hands together and eyes closed looking up to heaven?


I would love to see J-Stew go to the Broncos. Good fit and they need someone else given that Moreno is awful/injury proned loser, and McGahee needs someone to help out. I've liked Stewart since college, and if he gets the right opportunity and is healthy, I think he can be huge for the Broncos.



I hope he doesnt, sharing carries with mcgahee, in a pass heavy offense.


Would you like to see him in Pitt?


for the right price, I wouldnt want to give up a 2nd, maybe a 3rd. The steelers are hurting in different areas.

From a fantasy perspective , yes.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Agenda42, bunnywafer, djoker, dukeman_92, Exabot [Bot], pistolpete, Scaramanga, spkurtz, Streets0fcompton and 4 guests