FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 11.21.2014, 21:57

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Another Carolina RB?
PostPosted: Tue 03.20.2012, 13:33 

Sand$: 48480
Donate
nyj.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
If the rumors are true, I will say that I respect it. While he left $4 mil in SD, he's still signed for $8.4 mil, which is a lot of money. He can live very well on that if he's even remotely reasonable, and he gets to do it near his family and community.

There are more important things in the world than money. So kudos to him for getting it, if that really is the case.

Not to mention the cost of living in Carolina is drastically lower than that of Southern California.

PostPosted: Tue 03.20.2012, 13:37 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 5506
Donate
car.gif
hankrip wrote:
raynman wrote:
hankrip wrote:
I can't believe FBs are even employed in NFL anymore, let alone given good $$.

he wasn't given really good money. this year he's only getting $700k and the rest of the years it's around $2mil a year.

considering all the ways he's going to be used and play time he's going to be getting and the talent that he's bringing, the dude is a bargain.

I was talking in general about FBs. Tolbert obviously has some RB skills that make him more valuable than the typical tree stump FB. Those one dimensional guys really need to find new work in today's NFL.

oh...100% agreed with that. they could always find work on a john fox team, though. i guess now in tampa as well.

PostPosted: Tue 03.20.2012, 13:42 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 53858
Donate
ari.gif
endzoneview wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:
If the rumors are true, I will say that I respect it. While he left $4 mil in SD, he's still signed for $8.4 mil, which is a lot of money. He can live very well on that if he's even remotely reasonable, and he gets to do it near his family and community.

There are more important things in the world than money. So kudos to him for getting it, if that really is the case.

Not to mention the cost of living in Carolina is drastically lower than that of Southern California.

You guys are all assuming that he's thinking like we'd all think about our employment opportunities. I can't remember the last time an NFL player in his prime, with the opportunity free agency might have afforded in both money and starting opportunity, chose to take less money and consign himself to a backup role for the sake of things like cost of living, location, family proximity, and such.

If that is really what happened here then more power to him for sure. But I'm more inclined to think he found a far softer market for his services than he thought was out there, and he didn't like the idea of going back to San Diego, so he made the best of a less advantageous situation.

PostPosted: Tue 03.20.2012, 13:50 

Sand$: 48480
Donate
nyj.gif
JimHart wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:

You guys are all assuming that he's thinking like we'd all think about our employment opportunities. I can't remember the last time an NFL player in his prime, with the opportunity free agency might have afforded in both money and starting opportunity, chose to take less money and consign himself to a backup role for the sake of things like cost of living, location, family proximity, and such.

If that is really what happened here then more power to him for sure. But I'm more inclined to think he found a far softer market for his services than he thought was out there, and he didn't like the idea of going back to San Diego, so he made the best of a less advantageous situation.

I thought that was obvious. He visited the Chiefs I think and they signed Hillis shortly after.

I was just discussing his decision between returning to San Diego and going home.

PostPosted: Wed 03.21.2012, 03:25 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 26
Donate
car.gif
Actually a good move by the Carolina Chargers.

PostPosted: Wed 03.21.2012, 05:14 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 30920
Donate
dal.gif
endzoneview wrote:
JimHart wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:

I thought that was obvious. He visited the Chiefs I think and they signed Hillis shortly after.

I was just discussing his decision between returning to San Diego and going home.

Probably increases his a career a couple of years also.

PostPosted: Wed 03.21.2012, 07:02 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 25853
Donate
cle.gif
Great move for the Panthers. Absolutely skyrockets Mathews value in all formats. Devalues DWill and JStew's already low stock.

PostPosted: Fri 03.23.2012, 15:38 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 92
Donate
ten.gif
Quote:
According to Len Pasquarelli of The Sports Xchange, the Panthers will "definitely" listen to trade offers for Jonathan Stewart this offseason.
After signing Mike Tolbert, the Panthers quickly put out word that Stewart wasn't on the trade block, perhaps for fear of losing leverage. Per Pasquarelli, however, the Steelers could be a "sleeper" to make a run at Stewart, and "everyone" has made the Broncos the favorite to acquire the versatile, 25-year-old back. Pasquarelli does concede "there hasn't been anything serious yet."
Source: Yahoo Sports

Is there a smiley with hands together and eyes closed looking up to heaven?

2012 Extreme Sharks Baseball CHAMP!

PostPosted: Fri 03.23.2012, 15:43 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 5457
Donate
pit.gif
Quote:

Try a google image search using "Jonathan Stewart fantasy football owners" as the search term.

As an alternate search, you could probably use "Mike Tolbert" or "DWill" fantasy football owners too.

As a multi Tolbert owner, I may even try it myself. :thumbright:

PostPosted: Fri 03.23.2012, 15:49 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55794
Donate
chi.gif
5th down wrote:
Quote:
According to Len Pasquarelli of The Sports Xchange, the Panthers will "definitely" listen to trade offers for Jonathan Stewart this offseason.
After signing Mike Tolbert, the Panthers quickly put out word that Stewart wasn't on the trade block, perhaps for fear of losing leverage. Per Pasquarelli, however, the Steelers could be a "sleeper" to make a run at Stewart, and "everyone" has made the Broncos the favorite to acquire the versatile, 25-year-old back. Pasquarelli does concede "there hasn't been anything serious yet."

As a matter of fact... :eusa_pray:

PostPosted: Fri 03.23.2012, 16:20 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12132
Donate
sf.gif
5th down wrote:
Quote:

I would love to see J-Stew go to the Broncos. Good fit and they need someone else given that Moreno is awful/injury proned loser, and McGahee needs someone to help out. I've liked Stewart since college, and if he gets the right opportunity and is healthy, I think he can be huge for the Broncos.

PostPosted: Fri 03.23.2012, 16:48 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ari.gif
I'd love, love, love to see JStew go to Pitt. That would be amazing ... from a fantasy perspective.

PostPosted: Fri 03.23.2012, 19:25 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39308
Donate
pit.gif
mobsters wrote:
5th down wrote:
Quote:

I would love to see J-Stew go to the Broncos. Good fit and they need someone else given that Moreno is awful/injury proned loser, and McGahee needs someone to help out. I've liked Stewart since college, and if he gets the right opportunity and is healthy, I think he can be huge for the Broncos.

I hope he doesnt, sharing carries with mcgahee, in a pass heavy offense.

PostPosted: Fri 03.23.2012, 19:33 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ari.gif
rugger48 wrote:
mobsters wrote:
5th down wrote:
Quote:

Would you like to see him in Pitt?

PostPosted: Fri 03.23.2012, 20:14 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39308
Donate
pit.gif
JimHart wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
mobsters wrote:
5th down wrote:
Quote:

Would you like to see him in Pitt?

for the right price, I wouldnt want to give up a 2nd, maybe a 3rd. The steelers are hurting in different areas.

From a fantasy perspective , yes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next