User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 22722
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003
Sand$: 28,834.10
SJSwarm wrote:
Paddler wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:Michael, after all this time I stuck with you in my dynasty league, THIS is how you repay me? With a flat, flavorless Manhattan?

:violent-smiley-017:

Thank God I at least traded your arse in Frenzy.


Well, at least he makes a little more sense on my squad. :F



Do you have him now? I traded him and Addai for Maclin during the preseason when everyone thought Maclin was dying. :lol:


Ah! Phew! Wrong league. :party-smiley-050:
_______________________________________

Gone but not forgotten. R.I.P Sean "CleffedUp" Vostinar and Mark "Broncogeek" Shaffer.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 24934
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002
Sand$: 12,546.50
McCoy, McFadden, Gore, M Bush... I guess it could be worse in a Dynasty. Oh and SPROLES!

Just wish we had a damn flex
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 15400
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006
Sand$: 10,870.58
Why would he sign there? Surely he got some interest somewhere that would have given him a shot at the starting role?

He has the talent, but he seems perfectly fine riding the bench.
_______________________________________

Image
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 801
Joined: Fri Aug 3, 2007
Sand$: 3,215.00
I just offered him to the Forte owner in 2 out of the 3 leagues I have him in. \:D/
_______________________________________

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 11658
Joined: Tue Oct 9, 2007
Sand$: 15,245.92
moe D wrote:smelling more and more like a SB team especially with the Seam Payton suspension..


disagree! Brees can run the offense without Payton. and all they really lost is one lineman, a #3.#4 wideout, amd probably Vilma who didn't play over half of last year anyway.

and the bears will still have to get past Green-bay, NYG, etc.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 2261
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007
Sand$: 686.38
SJSwarm wrote:Michael, after all this time I stuck with you in my dynasty league, THIS is how you repay me? With a flat, flavorless Manhattan?


QFT, I've been holding onto this guy since he got drafted. I thought for sure he would sign with the bungles and all my patience would pay off. :x

Forte, you should hold out for a contract and rest that knee.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6313
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 14,090.70
The best high school football game I ever witnessed was his senior year when he lost to Brian Brohm in the state championship game here--think it was 59-58. Guy played QB and free safety and threw for a ridiculous yardage total. I was really hoping the Browns would show some interest, as he fits their needs perfectly IMO.
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 27815
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007
Sand$: 56,651.14
Mister Destructo wrote:
moe D wrote:smelling more and more like a SB team especially with the Seam Payton suspension..


disagree! Brees can run the offense without Payton. and all they really lost is one lineman, a #3.#4 wideout, amd probably Vilma who didn't play over half of last year anyway.

and the bears will still have to get past Green-bay, NYG, etc.


That's why they play the games.
_______________________________________

Bitter god of Monday morning
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1440
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008
Sand$: 3,245.00
Mister Destructo wrote:
moe D wrote:smelling more and more like a SB team especially with the Seam Payton suspension..


disagree! Brees can run the offense without Payton. and all they really lost is one lineman, a #3.#4 wideout, amd probably Vilma who didn't play over half of last year anyway.

and the bears will still have to get past Green-bay, NYG, etc.



I think you are wrong. It is impossible to say for sure, but I think this Payton suspension is huuuuuuge. Brees is obv a smart veteran but their leader is gone for the whole season. Having an elite qb guarantees you 8 wins essentially so I still think this is a playoff team, but I think they killed their superbowl hopes. Also, they have no first rd pick this year.

As far as the Bears, they are def a contender but they need Cutler to take 1 more step foward, as mentioned above, this is an elite qb league.
_______________________________________

16 team ppr league/Return Yards

QB- A. Luck
WR- Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Cecil Shorts, Andre Roberts
WR- Roddy White, Percy Harvin, Cody Lattimore, D. Adams
RB- J. Bell, C. Michael, Alfred Blue, CJ Anderson
TE- GRONK
DEF- Indy, Wash
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7092
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006
Sand$: 11,421.24
DELTA6TWO wrote:Great signing for you guys.

Way to go TT- just sit back and watch the division rivals get better while the Packers simply get older.


I know it's against the grain for Ted Thompson, but I find it hard to believe he didn't at least consider signing Bush at that type of money. Would've been great to see him in the mix in GB.

And the Bears are certainly looking better and better with the every move they're making so far.
_______________________________________

Sharks with Big Sticks and Stealing Home Keeper Baseball Leagues.

Hoping to do better then Hardwood Sharks basketball league after playing in my second straight championship game and getting embarrassed in the finals!
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 44654
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 43,584.06
Mister Destructo wrote:
moe D wrote:smelling more and more like a SB team especially with the Seam Payton suspension..


disagree! Brees can run the offense without Payton. and all they really lost is one lineman, a #3.#4 wideout, amd probably Vilma who didn't play over half of last year anyway.

and the bears will still have to get past Green-bay, NYG, etc.


Breesitch isn't on the roster right now. Enjoy Chase Daniels.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1784
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007
Sand$: 4,560.38
pwbowen wrote:
Mister Destructo wrote:
moe D wrote:smelling more and more like a SB team especially with the Seam Payton suspension..


disagree! Brees can run the offense without Payton. and all they really lost is one lineman, a #3.#4 wideout, amd probably Vilma who didn't play over half of last year anyway.

and the bears will still have to get past Green-bay, NYG, etc.


Breesitch isn't on the roster right now. Enjoy Chase Daniels.



ding ding ding!! No coach for the year and a upset QB with a franchise tag he wont play under.
_______________________________________

QB: TANNENHILL
RB: LYNCH, J STEW, BOLDEN,SHOELACE, DUKE JOHNSON
WR: ALSHON JEFFERY, AJ GREEN, LANDRY,HARRIS, ALLEN ROBINSON
TE: EIFERT,WATSON( 2 TE league )
PK: GANO
D: CAR
Whale Shark
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008
Sand$: 2,380.86
I have to admit that I'm still baffled by people's reaction to Forte; he has to be the most underrated, under-appreciated RB in history.

He's never had less than 1400 all purpose yards in a season, never had less than 51 receptions, and averaged 4.9 ypc last year, and 4.5 ypc the year before. The one knock you could make on him is that he scores too few TDs.

Did he turn down an offer last year? Yes, but if we can step outside our own economic realities (likely ranging from bleak to limping, given the current recession/job market/price of oil) and consider those of the NFL, we'll quickly realize that Forte's "whining" is far from unreasonable.

Forte's generated over 6,200 yards in four seasons playing for suspect teams without real WRs or an OL. I don't have the time to do the calculations, but I'm willing to bet that the percentage of the Bears' yards that Forte accounts for is top 3 in the league (along with Rice and Peterson). If a contract is meant to reflect achievement, then the offer Forte rejected was rightly rejected. Forte's deal should be commensurate with his performance, and with those awarded to other RBs of his ilk.
_______________________________________

Slowly learning to keep my mouth shut. Next lesson: control the fingers typing out my posts.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 17776
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008
Sand$: 20,022.16
Philosophically Out Of It wrote:I have to admit that I'm still baffled by people's reaction to Forte; he has to be the most underrated, under-appreciated RB in history.

He's never had less than 1400 all purpose yards in a season, never had less than 51 receptions, and averaged 4.9 ypc last year, and 4.5 ypc the year before. The one knock you could make on him is that he scores too few TDs.

Did he turn down an offer last year? Yes, but if we can step outside our own economic realities (likely ranging from bleak to limping, given the current recession/job market/price of oil) and consider those of the NFL, we'll quickly realize that Forte's "whining" is far from unreasonable.

Forte's generated over 6,200 yards in four seasons playing for suspect teams without real WRs or an OL. I don't have the time to do the calculations, but I'm willing to bet that the percentage of the Bears' yards that Forte accounts for is top 3 in the league (along with Rice and Peterson). If a contract is meant to reflect achievement, then the offer Forte rejected was rightly rejected. Forte's deal should be commensurate with his performance, and with those awarded to other RBs of his ilk.


hows things POOI. Also worst buy low case I have ever seen made. Also no Mccoy is not for sale.
_______________________________________

Image
Whale Shark
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008
Sand$: 2,380.86
badgasman9 wrote:
Philosophically Out Of It wrote:I have to admit that I'm still baffled by people's reaction to Forte; he has to be the most underrated, under-appreciated RB in history.

He's never had less than 1400 all purpose yards in a season, never had less than 51 receptions, and averaged 4.9 ypc last year, and 4.5 ypc the year before. The one knock you could make on him is that he scores too few TDs.

Did he turn down an offer last year? Yes, but if we can step outside our own economic realities (likely ranging from bleak to limping, given the current recession/job market/price of oil) and consider those of the NFL, we'll quickly realize that Forte's "whining" is far from unreasonable.

Forte's generated over 6,200 yards in four seasons playing for suspect teams without real WRs or an OL. I don't have the time to do the calculations, but I'm willing to bet that the percentage of the Bears' yards that Forte accounts for is top 3 in the league (along with Rice and Peterson). If a contract is meant to reflect achievement, then the offer Forte rejected was rightly rejected. Forte's deal should be commensurate with his performance, and with those awarded to other RBs of his ilk.


hows things POOI. Also worst buy low case I have ever seen made. Also no Mccoy is not for sale.


Things are swell. With you?

I'm interested in acquiring Forte in any league I'm in... no buy low case needed... the numbers speak for themselves.

Darn about McCoy. Are you absolutely sure though? I've got 33 punters and 27 RB3s I'll send your way.

I've got Forte & McCoy as my starters in one league... quite pleased.
_______________________________________

Slowly learning to keep my mouth shut. Next lesson: control the fingers typing out my posts.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests