FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 09.01.2014, 20:57

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 45  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 20:21 
Online
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09.06.2005, 07:51
Posts: 29647
Sand$: 115242
Donate
Location: where the red furn grows
min.gif
fishfry wrote:
Just noticed this in birddogs write up.

Anybody want to explain to me why Kendall Reyes is still available? Something I'm not aware of? Thought for sure he'd be a target early 2nd.
?? as people already said not sure he belongs there or not at this stage. I don't see 1st round or top of the 2nd but, between Thompson and Reyes being there in the 3rd.. its tempting for any team thats looking for D-line help and working either into the rotation.

Thompson.. that kid. holy hell if he gets with a D-line coach, soaks up some teaching and strengthens his core in the process.. watch-out.

_________________
"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 20:59 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Sat 06.19.2010, 02:34
Posts: 3862
Sand$: 346
Donate
stl.gif
fishfry wrote:
Just noticed this in birddogs write up.

Anybody want to explain to me why Kendall Reyes is still available? Something I'm not aware of? Thought for sure he'd be a target early 2nd.


seems to get locked up on blocks pretty often

struggles to fight through, with limited hand use, technique

late to recognize movement of ball carrier

pretty good initial pop, though


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 21:04 
Online
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09.06.2005, 07:51
Posts: 29647
Sand$: 115242
Donate
Location: where the red furn grows
min.gif
jamcutpost wrote:
birddog wrote:
finally got it in .. again sorry for the wait guys phone wouldn't stop ringing.


Wished it wouldve rung for longer

Norman's about my favorite CB outside the top tier and the 3rd is about as early as id think he would go (not that what we think means much to FOs anywhere!)

Hes a pretty athletic guy, that was consistently a stand out at shrine practices and hasnt ever been a slouch when it comes to playing in "reverse". Guy has hands good enough he could probably play slot if he had wanted to in college.

Just needed 5 more picks till he was there ... *sigh*

Nice pick & i hate you :D
my pleasure :wink: I hope (tentatively believe) Spielman and Co. put a priority on the back-end of this defense at this point. Ball skills and coverage skills in the defensive backfield of the Minnesota Vikings? Imagine that.

Purge the dead weight and get some guys in with some talent and drive.. "Good bye Marcus Sherels and Asher Allen. Brandon Burton you're on notice. Mistral Raymond grow a pair.. the rest of you crap heap safeties can find someplace to hide until Kluwe and Longwell need you on the field so call a cab.. chances are you're gone tonight."

_________________
"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 06:46 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon

Joined: Tue 08.18.2009, 16:31
Posts: 10248
Sand$: 15043
Donate
Location: twitter.com/deeperanddown
birddog wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:
birddog wrote:
finally got it in .. again sorry for the wait guys phone wouldn't stop ringing.


Wished it wouldve rung for longer

Norman's about my favorite CB outside the top tier and the 3rd is about as early as id think he would go (not that what we think means much to FOs anywhere!)

Hes a pretty athletic guy, that was consistently a stand out at shrine practices and hasnt ever been a slouch when it comes to playing in "reverse". Guy has hands good enough he could probably play slot if he had wanted to in college.

Just needed 5 more picks till he was there ... *sigh*

Nice pick & i hate you :D
my pleasure :wink: I hope (tentatively believe) Spielman and Co. put a priority on the back-end of this defense at this point. Ball skills and coverage skills in the defensive backfield of the Minnesota Vikings? Imagine that.

Purge the dead weight and get some guys in with some talent and drive.. "Good bye Marcus Sherels and Asher Allen. Brandon Burton you're on notice. Mistral Raymond grow a pair.. the rest of you crap heap safeties can find someplace to hide until Kluwe and Longwell need you on the field so call a cab.. chances are you're gone tonight."


Just one of those interesting "ripple effects" you get in the draft ...

You took my guy ... i took MIA's guy (Thought El Magister might be looking at a QB, so knew we wouldnt get another bite) ... they took another to backup and train behind Moore ... KCC have just seen two go, so they take a third ...

See the trouble youve caused!!! :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 11:22 
Online
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09.06.2005, 07:51
Posts: 29647
Sand$: 115242
Donate
Location: where the red furn grows
min.gif
Its all just a matter of time before the whole system gets thrown out of whack..

Says something about the presumptions we've built already and how we'll react to certain kids going at different places when the hammer drops on the 26th.

_________________
"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 11:37 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue 10.21.2003, 10:56
Posts: 27123
Sand$: 2851
Donate
Location: Austin, TX
hou.gif
Pick is in...someone else is up.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 11:40 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon

Joined: Tue 08.18.2009, 16:31
Posts: 10248
Sand$: 15043
Donate
Location: twitter.com/deeperanddown
birddog wrote:
Its all just a matter of time before the whole system gets thrown out of whack..

Says something about the presumptions we've built already and how we'll react to certain kids going at different places when the hammer drops on the 26th.


Interestingly, just reading through the pre-draft visit lists to BUF?

Weve had:

3 - Osweiler, Wilson & Cousins in @QB
3 - (Kalil - no chance, just diligence), Martin & Adams @OT
2 - Mercilus, Branch, C.Jones @DE/OLB
2 - (Blackmon - same as Kalil), Quick @WR
2 - Carder, Irvin @LB
1 - Glenn @OG
1 - Kirkpatrick @CB
1 - Richardson (see Kalil) @RB

Looks like (based on this which AINT all encompassing by any stretch) at:

An OL early, an LB in the middle rnds, a developmental QB as and when and whichever best placed DE is there at one pick or another

Youre right about the presumptions though. Could be crazier than usual trying to call anything outside the top 3 this year


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 11:51 
Online
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09.06.2005, 07:51
Posts: 29647
Sand$: 115242
Donate
Location: where the red furn grows
min.gif
OarChambo wrote:
After completing my own mock and following this one I think there is a ton of value to be had between the mid 2nd and at least late 3rd round this year. My new hope for the Browns is Blackmon + Martin then trade pick 37 and move back.



Yea theres a lot of guys that can help teams yet as you look through how this is playing out.. still the 3rnd though.. have to keep that in mind I suppose.

I mentioned in the pick thread I'd really like to see Spielman and Co. dump a few of those 4th rounders and move back up into the mid 3rd to lock a guy they like but it slipped my mind that the 2 late 4th picks are comp'd that they can't trade. #98 + #138 to move up? Not sure how that would work or what ball park they'd be in for a landing spot though.. would have to do it at some point I would think with the talent level drop coming quick.

_________________
"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 12:03 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 03.28.2008, 14:43
Posts: 16292
Sand$: 17085
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
jamcutpost wrote:
birddog wrote:
Its all just a matter of time before the whole system gets thrown out of whack..

Says something about the presumptions we've built already and how we'll react to certain kids going at different places when the hammer drops on the 26th.


Interestingly, just reading through the pre-draft visit lists to BUF?

Weve had:

3 - Osweiler, Wilson & Cousins in @QB
3 - (Kalil - no chance, just diligence), Martin & Adams @OT
2 - Mercilus, Branch, C.Jones @DE/OLB
2 - (Blackmon - same as Kalil), Quick @WR
2 - Carder, Irvin @LB
1 - Glenn @OG
1 - Kirkpatrick @CB
1 - Richardson (see Kalil) @RB

Looks like (based on this which AINT all encompassing by any stretch) at:

An OL early, an LB in the middle rnds, a developmental QB as and when and whichever best placed DE is there at one pick or another

Youre right about the presumptions though. Could be crazier than usual trying to call anything outside the top 3 this year


If the vikes trade down which they are trying to do, it opens the window to trade up and grab Kalil. Its not a stretch that Buff ends up with Kalil.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 12:07 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat 08.01.2009, 23:39
Posts: 28959
Sand$: 47319
Donate
Location: SoCal
nyj.gif
Stankweasels 3000 wrote:
Pick is in...someone else is up.


I had a feeling you were going to go wide receiver. Luckily you didn't take my guy, although I think we were looking at different types of receivers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 12:14 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 03.28.2008, 14:43
Posts: 16292
Sand$: 17085
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Stankweasels 3000 wrote:
Pick is in...someone else is up.


I had a feeling you were going to go wide receiver. Luckily you didn't take my guy, although I think we were looking at different types of receivers.


Instantly becomes your WR2 and the jets fans get to yell TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON each time he catches a ball. Win win. I think you guys will take Kendal Wright in the first though.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 12:21 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat 08.01.2009, 23:39
Posts: 28959
Sand$: 47319
Donate
Location: SoCal
nyj.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Stankweasels 3000 wrote:
Pick is in...someone else is up.


I had a feeling you were going to go wide receiver. Luckily you didn't take my guy, although I think we were looking at different types of receivers.


Instantly becomes your WR2 and the jets fans get to yell TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON each time he catches a ball. Win win. I think you guys will take Kendal Wright in the first though.


Nah, we don't need another small speedster. We have Jeremy Kerley for the slot that we just took last year. We need a compliment to Santonio. If Floyd is off the board, they don't go WR in the 1st.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 12:29 
Online
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09.06.2005, 07:51
Posts: 29647
Sand$: 115242
Donate
Location: where the red furn grows
min.gif
jamcutpost wrote:
birddog wrote:
Its all just a matter of time before the whole system gets thrown out of whack..

Says something about the presumptions we've built already and how we'll react to certain kids going at different places when the hammer drops on the 26th.


Interestingly, just reading through the pre-draft visit lists to BUF?

Weve had:

3 - Osweiler, Wilson & Cousins in @QB
3 - (Kalil - no chance, just diligence), Martin & Adams @OT
2 - Mercilus, Branch, C.Jones @DE/OLB
2 - (Blackmon - same as Kalil), Quick @WR
2 - Carder, Irvin @LB
1 - Glenn @OG
1 - Kirkpatrick @CB
1 - Richardson (see Kalil) @RB

Looks like (based on this which AINT all encompassing by any stretch) at:

An OL early, an LB in the middle rnds, a developmental QB as and when and whichever best placed DE is there at one pick or another

Youre right about the presumptions though. Could be crazier than usual trying to call anything outside the top 3 this year
Yea, I'm fully expecting a mess come draft day.. I'm just going to sit back and let it ride and see if theres anything entirely ridiculous.

_________________
"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 12:34 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon

Joined: Tue 08.18.2009, 16:31
Posts: 10248
Sand$: 15043
Donate
Location: twitter.com/deeperanddown
birddog wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:
birddog wrote:
Its all just a matter of time before the whole system gets thrown out of whack..

Says something about the presumptions we've built already and how we'll react to certain kids going at different places when the hammer drops on the 26th.


Interestingly, just reading through the pre-draft visit lists to BUF?

Weve had:

3 - Osweiler, Wilson & Cousins in @QB
3 - (Kalil - no chance, just diligence), Martin & Adams @OT
2 - Mercilus, Branch, C.Jones @DE/OLB
2 - (Blackmon - same as Kalil), Quick @WR
2 - Carder, Irvin @LB
1 - Glenn @OG
1 - Kirkpatrick @CB
1 - Richardson (see Kalil) @RB

Looks like (based on this which AINT all encompassing by any stretch) at:

An OL early, an LB in the middle rnds, a developmental QB as and when and whichever best placed DE is there at one pick or another

Youre right about the presumptions though. Could be crazier than usual trying to call anything outside the top 3 this year
Yea, I'm fully expecting a mess come draft day.. I'm just going to sit back and let it ride and see if theres anything entirely ridiculous.


You seen the Vikes pre draft list yet? Heard a couple of intersting names (lionel smith & casey heyward @CB) - but not seen a list

In fact has anyone got any interesting names on their teams pre-draft list - small school or unexpected, that kinda thing?

I know they dont mean much (smoke and mirrors like everything else this time of year) but sometimes they try and smuggle a name or two in


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 12:49 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue 10.21.2003, 10:56
Posts: 27123
Sand$: 2851
Donate
Location: Austin, TX
hou.gif
endzoneview wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Stankweasels 3000 wrote:
Pick is in...someone else is up.


I had a feeling you were going to go wide receiver. Luckily you didn't take my guy, although I think we were looking at different types of receivers.


Instantly becomes your WR2 and the jets fans get to yell TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON each time he catches a ball. Win win. I think you guys will take Kendal Wright in the first though.


Nah, we don't need another small speedster. We have Jeremy Kerley for the slot that we just took last year. We need a compliment to Santonio. If Floyd is off the board, they don't go WR in the 1st.


Hmmm...I kinda didn't see that Toon hadn't been taken. I should apply for the Vikings GM job.

Kerley is from my pre-divorce hometown.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 45  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], choc, Fantasy40, getdownmmmkay, jnadke, KIAball1996, kschmidty24, neal123454, nosman21, OleBlueEyes5, RSmilo, springles, The Swagger, wildfire2102 and 44 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group