FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 09.15.2014, 21:58

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 08:45 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 17495
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
birddog wrote:
yea, I don't cringe at all with Percy.. even with the headaches and dings he plays physical with the throttle pinned like he believes hes 225 w/o any concerns. Personally, I just wonder if he'll be available the next week after a high work load. Hes not necessarily the soft, fragile type its keeping him around on the field be it games or practice and out of a dark silent room in a drug coma or off the trainers table for going all out like he does.

he could do a better job of protecting himself.. but then you wouldn't have 'Percy Harvin'.

Quote:
8/2/2009: Signed a five-year, $12.05 million contract. The deal contains $8.425 million guaranteed, including a $2,158,500 roster bonus in the third season. Another $2.2 million is available through incentives. 2012: $915,000, 2013: $1.55 million, 2014: Free Agent

Joel Segal will watch the vikes in this draft and if they do not draft WR help I suspect percy will be more oft injured this year till be gets his pay day. hell I would if I was him. 12 mills a ton of money but the vikes are doing there best to kill him early.

PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 15:42 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 116169
Donate
min.gif
You think the front office resigns him? I have the feeling they say goodbye and let him walk.. and should let him walk.

PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 15:52 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 17495
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
birddog wrote:
You think the front office resigns him? I have the feeling they say goodbye and let him walk.. and should let him walk.

we should resign him. He is the best slot WR in the game. If he had a elite QB he would be a monster. We need a vertical threat. If we have percy in the slot going across the middle. AD out of the backfield. A good deep WR and Rudoplh coming out on delay. That gives Ponder enough options that Kalil will buy him enough time to read. Not to mention how honest d's would have to be checking off on those options. Take out percy and we become one dimensional. Just load up the box against the Viking O shut down corner stops our WR1 and int city. Its better then the 0 dimensional offense we have now. but percy would cost no more then 7-8 mill for 4 years.

PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 16:14 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
birddog wrote:

we should resign him. He is the best slot WR in the game. If he had a elite QB he would be a monster. We need a vertical threat. If we have percy in the slot going across the middle. AD out of the backfield. A good deep WR and Rudoplh coming out on delay. That gives Ponder enough options that Kalil will buy him enough time to read. Not to mention how honest d's would have to be checking off on those options. Take out percy and we become one dimensional. Just load up the box against the Viking O shut down corner stops our WR1 and int city. Its better then the 0 dimensional offense we have now. but Percy would cost no more then 7-8 mill for 4 years.
Carlson signed 5yr $25 w/$9 guaranteed ... I see that and more available after Percy's rookie deal. Someone is going to offer him a chunk of change.. consider Garcon got someone to bite on a 5yr $42.5 w/$20 guaranteed .. right in the middle someplace considering its 2yrs away?.. that is unless they sign an extension before his contract is up. Not sure how that'll work as far as money goes but I imagine it'll be spendy - maybe I'm off a bit though.

PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 17:23 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15227
Donate
birddog wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
birddog wrote:

we should resign him. He is the best slot WR in the game. If he had a elite QB he would be a monster. We need a vertical threat. If we have percy in the slot going across the middle. AD out of the backfield. A good deep WR and Rudoplh coming out on delay. That gives Ponder enough options that Kalil will buy him enough time to read. Not to mention how honest d's would have to be checking off on those options. Take out percy and we become one dimensional. Just load up the box against the Viking O shut down corner stops our WR1 and int city. Its better then the 0 dimensional offense we have now. but Percy would cost no more then 7-8 mill for 4 years.
Carlson signed 5yr $25 w/$9 guaranteed ... I see that and more available after Percy's rookie deal. Someone is going to offer him a chunk of change.. consider Garcon got someone to bite on a 5yr $42.5 w/$20 guaranteed .. right in the middle someplace considering its 2yrs away?.. that is unless they sign an extension before his contract is up. Not sure how that'll work as far as money goes but I imagine it'll be spendy - maybe I'm off a bit though.

BD is right.

Someone mentioned the Steve Johnson thread in another post elsewhere today. Theres a list of players annual salaries.

Obviously you have to factor in that some deals are front/back loaded - others incetivised - etc etc but over the top 25 it gives a bit fo a feel for salaries.

Those salaries are the baseline, gentlemen. The goalposts have moved and its no longer the rooks screaming like a jerry mcguire flick - its the vets. Rightly so. But a lot of franchises gonna have a lot of players asking for the farm sooner or later. So im with BD, Harvin wont be cheap.

http://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=284732&p=3897569&hilit=earning+top+25#p3897569

PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 17:31 

Sand$: 48003
Donate
nyj.gif
birddog wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
birddog wrote:

After this season, if Harvin stays relatively healthy and has a good season, I can see the Vikings approaching him about a contract extension at which point his agent will use DeSean Jackson's deal as a baseline.

PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 22:24 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
endzoneview wrote:
birddog wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
birddog wrote:

After this season, if Harvin stays relatively healthy and has a good season, I can see the Vikings approaching him about a contract extension at which point his agent will use DeSean Jackson's deal as a baseline.
yea I don't know what to think about it.. never really concern myself with player contract $ since I'm not writing the checks or receiving checks. More concerned with term, their play and fitting in.

Concerning vet contracts we have to realize its different now from the effect of the rookie cap. Monies are going to be bumped up for the average to above average vet talent. Percy's a different talent but hes not that special when you look around the league.. by 2014 there will be others with less concerns.. hopefully anyway.