FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 11.23.2014, 12:11

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Thu 05.31.2012, 07:39 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 53858
Donate
ari.gif
Any chance the Bears actually trade Forte?

PostPosted: Thu 05.31.2012, 08:17 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 92
Donate
ten.gif
JimHart wrote:

That would take a set of brass ones, I just couldn't see them doing it though.

2012 Extreme Sharks Baseball CHAMP!

PostPosted: Thu 05.31.2012, 09:03 

Sand$: 48482
Donate
nyj.gif
5th down wrote:
JimHart wrote:

That would take a set of brass ones, I just couldn't see them doing it though.

Not that I expect you to read through 12 pages Jim but here's a summary: this won't happen as nobody will be giving up a 1st or 2nd (the Bears would get a 3rd in a comp pick) and I doubt any team is going to give him a contract that satisfies him. He's not going anywhere.

PostPosted: Wed 06.06.2012, 15:47 

Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:

According to ESPN Chicago, "it's believed" the Bears recently reached out to unsigned franchise player Matt Forte in an effort to spark contract talks.
However, the Bears reportedly want Forte to sign his one-year, $7.7 million franchise tender before long-term negotiations become serious. The Bears aren't overly worried about Forte's OTA absence because they'll "use virtually the same concepts in the running game" as they did under old playcaller Mike Martz.

Not sure why the report is "believed" and not "reported" but maybe there's a slight glimmer of hope for Bears fan somewhere here.

PostPosted: Wed 06.06.2012, 16:00 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55814
Donate
chi.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:

According to ESPN Chicago, "it's believed" the Bears recently reached out to unsigned franchise player Matt Forte in an effort to spark contract talks.
However, the Bears reportedly want Forte to sign his one-year, $7.7 million franchise tender before long-term negotiations become serious. The Bears aren't overly worried about Forte's OTA absence because they'll "use virtually the same concepts in the running game" as they did under old playcaller Mike Martz.

Not sure why the report is "believed" and not "reported" but maybe there's a slight glimmer of hope for Bears fan somewhere here.

Whatever. He'll be there week one. He's not missing out on 7.7 million dollars.

Until then? More reps for Bush in the new offense.

Even if he never comes back, Cutler's more important anyway. The Bears won five in a row last season with Cutler, then lost five in a row after he got injured. It's pretty clear to see who the most important player on the team is.

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 21:13 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14047
Donate
pit.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:

Even if he never comes back, Cutler's more important anyway. The Bears won five in a row last season with Cutler, then lost five in a row after he got injured. It's pretty clear to see who the most important player on the team is.

I agree.

So maybe that could mean less carries/touches for Forte if/when he does sign?

PostPosted: Fri 06.08.2012, 07:35 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
Maybe, but they ought to give him less touches anyway if they want him to last longer. He's bad in short yardage and they've been looking for a guy to get those touches for years now (though certainly some of that could be on the OLine), and Bush will be that guy. I don't know that it will look a ton different from how Forte split snaps with Chester Taylor a couple of years ago. Forte gets 2-3 series, Bush comes in for one, Bush comes in for goal line/inches to go situations.

Incidentally, Forte is the only player in NFL history to amass 1000+ yards from scrimmage in his first four years in the league. At the same time he had some years in there with a pretty low YPC and bad OLine, so that's partly indicative of being over-worked.

edit: that last fact was via an ESPN article and was a lie. get your act together ESPN. Emmitt, Dickerson, Faulk all did it their first 8+ seasons.

PostPosted: Fri 06.08.2012, 12:26 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
Maybe, but they ought to give him less touches anyway if they want him to last longer. He's bad in short yardage and they've been looking for a guy to get those touches for years now (though certainly some of that could be on the OLine), and Bush will be that guy. I don't know that it will look a ton different from how Forte split snaps with Chester Taylor a couple of years ago. Forte gets 2-3 series, Bush comes in for one, Bush comes in for goal line/inches to go situations.

Incidentally, Forte is the only player in NFL history to amass 1000+ yards from scrimmage in his first four years in the league. At the same time he had some years in there with a pretty low YPC and bad OLine, so that's partly indicative of being over-worked.

edit: that last fact was via an ESPN article and was a lie. get your act together ESPN. Emmitt, Dickerson, Faulk all did it their first 8+ seasons.

Forte is a stud next to McFadden. Forte will school Bush. Bush isn't a threat to catch a 3 yard pass and turn it into a 65 yard TD. I do see bush as the goal line back but thats about it. Bushwill be lucky to get 8 reps per game.

PostPosted: Fri 06.08.2012, 12:41 

Donate
nyj.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:

Forte is a stud next to McFadden. Forte will school Bush. Bush isn't a threat to catch a 3 yard pass and turn it into a 65 yard TD. I do see bush as the goal line back but thats about it. Bushwill be lucky to get 8 reps per game.

He ain't no Marcel Reece

PostPosted: Fri 06.08.2012, 12:42 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:

Hell Tice is the OC so probably 15-25 touches for Forte and 10-15 touches for Bush, Hester gets 3 touches on offense (the Hester Hat-trick), at least one jump ball to Alshon (the Jeffery Jump-ball) and some sort of mysterious Marshall Metric.

PostPosted: Fri 06.08.2012, 13:39 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:

Hell Tice is the OC so probably 15-25 touches for Forte and 10-15 touches for Bush, Hester gets 3 touches on offense (the Hester Hat-trick), at least one jump ball to Alshon (the Jeffery Jump-ball) and some sort of mysterious Marshall Metric.

Tice believes passing the ball is for sissies. So yes. If Cutler throws the ball its only because he ripped the mic out of his helmut because he couldn't stand the mono - tone babble.

Almost put yyooou tttttttto sllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp[]\[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
[[[[[[[[[[]\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\m, m 8 6j7u

PostPosted: Fri 06.22.2012, 15:38 

Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:
“Last year we were worlds apart, but it’s gotten better,” said Forte on Friday at the EA Madden 2013 Pigskin Pro-Am in Chicago.

Just another non update update for you Von

PostPosted: Fri 06.22.2012, 15:56 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:
“Last year we were worlds apart, but it’s gotten better,” said Forte on Friday at the EA Madden 2013 Pigskin Pro-Am in Chicago.

Thanks. I was worried.

He wouldn't necessarily say he'll be at training camp, but he did say he won't miss any games. So...really nothing to worry about.

PostPosted: Fri 06.22.2012, 16:04 

Sand$: 100682
Donate
vonbearsalot wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:

Thanks. I was worried.

He wouldn't necessarily say he'll be at training camp, but he did say he won't miss any games. So...really nothing to worry about.

If he doesn't show up until the last week of August, I disagree. I haven't taken any top RB's in redrafts that have held out deep into camp, although admittedly I haven't made a concentrated effort to avoid them, but seeing how they've performed in the past I'm dropping them down my cheat sheet significantly this year. Thankfully, only one draft before the last weekend in August so I will only be tempted to roll the dice once.

PostPosted: Fri 06.22.2012, 16:14 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39316
Donate
pit.gif
OarChambo wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:

Thanks. I was worried.

If he doesn't show up until the last week of August, I disagree. I haven't taken any top RB's in redrafts that have held out deep into camp, although admittedly I haven't made a concentrated effort to avoid them, but seeing how they've performed in the past I'm dropping them down my cheat sheet significantly this year. Thankfully, only one draft before the last weekend in August so I will only be tempted to roll the dice once.

I agree.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next