FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 10.25.2014, 21:55

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Critiquing the Tank Mock
PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 10:36 

Sand$: 99118
Donate
Been updating this throughout, thought this would be fun, have at it!

Round 1

1.Indianapolis Colts - [votingmachine/Spice Man] - QB, Andrew Luck - Stanford - Too easy
2.Washington Redskins(via Rams) - [stuffedcrust3meat] - QB, Bob Griffin III - Baylor - Seconded
3.Minnesota Vikings - [birddog] - OT, Matt Kalil - USC - Thirded, not buying the recent buzz, it's just a ploy to see if they can get Miami to panic and overpay for Tannehill.
4.Cleveland Browns - [OarChambo] - CB, Maurice Claiborne - LSU - As indicated in the write up, the Browns want to trade down. If they do they probably will take Claiborne or Floyd depending how far down they fall. If they stay put I think this is the 3rd most likely pick behind Richardson and Blackmon, in no particular order. For this mock's purpose, I selected who the Browns want in hopes that a WR and RB fall to picks 22 and 37.
5.Tampa Bay Buccaneers - [Markulous] - RB, Trent Richardson - Alabama - If the Browns pass on Rich this seems rather obvious.
6.St. Louis Rams(via Redskins) - [dpgstl] - WR, Justin Blackmon - Oklahoma State - The last of the elite 6, obvious pick.
7.Jacksonville Jaguars - [hankrip] - OT, Riley Reiff - Iowa - Puzzling fit imo, given the current state of the team I don't think this pick makes much sense.
8.Miami Dolphins - [SonOfDad] - DE, Quinton Coples - North Carolina - I don't see any way they pass on Tannehill, but if they do this pick isn't any less risky (makes sense though). Coples has the type of head that scares me away from spending a day 1 pick on him. Give him $ and he'll loaf, make him earn it and you may have a stud. I'm going to call all of these types products of Camp Butch Davis from here on out.
9.Carolina Panthers - [pwbowen] - DE, Melvin Ingram - South Carolina - very good pick
10.Buffalo Bills - [jamcutpost] - OG, David DeCastro - Stanford - likewise
11.Kansas City Chiefs - [10ball] - DT, Michael Brockers - LSU - I don't hate this pick, but I'm not comfortable with it either. Brockers has enough warts that I wouldn't feel comfortable with him on day 1. I'd feel better about his chances if he goes to a defensive minded team though and clearly KC is that with Romeo in tow. This pick reaks a bit of Camp Butch Davis.
12.Seattle Seahawks - [pinksheets] - DE/OLB, Courtney Upshaw, - Alabama - the popular pick is Kuechly, but their pass rush is in much dire need of upgrading than MIKE LB. Good pick. Fix MIKE later.
13.Arizona Cardinals - [JimHart] - MLB, Luke Kuechly - Boston College - not a popular mocked pick, but I think it's a great one if he's there.
14.Dallas Cowboys - [Third and Long] - DE, Fletcher Cox - Mississippi St - Like most of the DT's in this class I'm just not comfortable with them before day 2, seems too early. Not quite Camp Butch Davis caliber, but the thought did cross my mind.
15.Philadelphia Eagles - [nicdolas] - CB, Dre Kirkpatrick - Alabama - this pick was ridiculed by some, but I think it makes sense. DRC may have already wore out his welcome and Samuel and Philly need to break-up. Iggles pick Kirkpatrick because there are so many ?'s in this DT class then look for their DT upgrade in round 2 and move Samuel.
16.New York Jets - [jetsman2806/endzoneview] - OT, Jonathon Martin - Stanford - there are questions surrounding Martin', but there certainly aren't any questions surrounding Wayne Hunter. He's a disaster.
17.Cincinnati Bengals(via Raiders) - [neal123454] - S, Mark Barron - Alabama - don't understand this pick, BPA? Maybe, but there are similarly talented players at positions of need available.
18.San Diego Chargers - [Griffimo] - DE/LB, Whitney Mercilus - Illinois - great pick
19.Chicago Bears - [vonbearsalot] - DE, Nick Perry - USC - another one
20.Tennessee Titans - [Loser829] - CB, Stephon Gilmore - South Carolina - ooooooh. I had taken some time off draft reading between February and now because it seems more bad info comes out during this timeframe than good, so when I saw this pick my jaw dropped to the floor. After doing some reading it made sense, others are sliding him up because he looks good in shorts and a t shirt. I think it'd be a terrible pick because Gilmore is a huge gamble at this stage, he's the type of risk you take sometime on day 2, not now. These late risers in the draft process are usually the ones that end up busting. There's more of these to come, I'll refer to the rest of them as Gilmore's.
21.Cincinnati Bengals - [neal123454] - OG, Cordy Glenn - Georgia - GILMORE! Seriously though, he won't cut it as a tackle and is an unknown inside. He's a 2nd round prospect, not 1st.
22.Cleveland Browns(via Falcons) - [OarChambo] - WR, Michael Floyd - Notre Dame - Can't see this happening in the real thing, but if it does I'll be one happy Browns fan. If we don't take Blackmon I see us trying to trade up for Floyd if he slips through Jacksonville, Miami, and Buffalo.
23.Detroit Lions - [getdownmmmkay] - RB, Doug Martin - Boise State - another unpopular pick by the rest of the tank's critics...but I love it. Like the Calvin Johnson pick years ago you can't let past failures dictate what you'll do now. Martin fills a need and his value matches this spot in the draft. This Browns fan would like him to fall 14 more spots though if the rest of the draft fell this way :)
24.Pittsburgh Steelers - [jesteva] -LB, Dont'a Hightower - Alabama - almost makes too much sense
25.Denver Broncos - [badgasman9] - WR/KR, Kendall Wright - Baylor - unpopular, and yet great, pick. Manning led offenses often feature 3 WR's and a TE. As is the Broncos are missing that 3rd WR. Wright fits perfectly as then each weapon in the Bronco arsenal will offer something different to defenses.
26.Houston Texans - [Stankweasels 3000] - QB, Ryan Tannehill - Texas A&M - appropriate value for the project, unlike draft day, but the landing spot puzzles me, even considering Schaub's foot issue. He's already been listed by the GM as a reason they moved Ryans and cut Winston this off season.
27.New England Patriots(via Saints) - [FLPatsFan/honingskills] - OLB/DE, Vinny Curry - Marshall - great pick
28.Green Bay Packers - [crockett] - DE, Shea McClellin - Boise State - another Gilmore, although I am more optimistic about him than the other 2 selected so far. Just wasn't expecting him to go until day 2 sometime. Late risers always concern me...
29.Baltimore Ravens - [Kaleb.09] - WR, Steven Hill - Georgia Tech - this Browns fan would love to see this happen, Hill is a 3rd or 4th round project. He wishes he were in the discussion for Camp Butch Davis, he's in a completely different category of reach.
30.San Francisco 49ers - [Lundy Love] - TE, Coby Fleener - Stanford - given the quality of interior line prospects available in round 2 I could see this happening.
31.New England Patriots - [FLPatsFan/honingskills] - WR, Brian Quick - Appalachian State - Holy Gilmore! This one just baffles me. The interwebz are hyping based off what? A good but not great career against inferior competition and an off season performance that wasn't over whelming? I was blown away with this pick when it happened but after some digging I saw why, on the webz, but the reasoning doesn't make sense. He belongs in round 3 or 4 like Hill.
32.New York Giants - [sebringc4] - OT, Mike Adams - Ohio State - Scouts and the webz have lost me with this one too, just queue the tape. Any semblance of speed and he's toast, that's all he'll see in the NFL. He's a fringe top 100 pick you hope can be a filler at RT. Imo, debatable which pick is worse - him or Hill.

Round 2

33.St. Louis Rams - [dpgstl] - WR, Alshon Jeffrey - South Carolina - doesn't make sense with Blackmon already picked and the current WR corps intact, there are many other areas of need to address first. He shouldn't be picked until round 3 anyway as he's got some Camp Butch Davis in him.
34.Indianapolis Colts - [votingmachine/Spice Man] - DT, Dontari Poe, DT -Memphis - He makes more sense in a 4-3, but I won't kill the Colts for this Camp Butch Davis pick. His combine made him a lot of $, but probably more than he should. His on-field product left A LOT to be desired. A worthwhile gamble in round 2, that probably won't fall, but a 4-3 D would make more sense.
35.Minnesota Vikings - [birddog] - CB, Janoris Jenkins - North Alabama - Kinda like Poe, if he falls this far, worthwile risk. Good fit too. This is about the spot in the draft in which Butch Davis picks won't get killed. Most of them, anyway. Would've felt better about 10-20 picks later though.
36.Tampa Bay Buccaneers - [Markulous] - LB, Andre Branch - Clemson - as discussed in the thread he's a bit of a misfit on this defense but the value's about right.
37.Cleveland Browns - [OarChambo] - RB, Lamar Miller - Miami - trying not to toot my own horn here
38.Jacksonville Jaguars - [Markulous/hankrip] - WR, Mohamed Sanu - Rutgers - if the Jags don't go WR round 1 I'd be a concerned Jag fan that they go with one of the landmines in this spot. Sanu's not one of them, good pick.
39.St. Louis Rams(via Redskins) - [dpgstl] - DT, Jerel Worthy - Michigan St - Won't kill the Rams for this pick, but I'm not a big Worthy fan. He does not have a good work ethic which leads to him needing a lot of plays off. He's a disruptive force when he's out there, but a rotational player in the top 40 is tough to justify, similar players will be available in round 3.
40.Carolina Panthers - [pwbowen] - CB, Trumaine Johnson - Montana - GILMORE! Apparently his stock is growing, which surprises me a bit. I guess it's that this safety class is just that weak. He has day 2 ability, but enough off-field baggage leaving me uncomfortable with him before at least the end of it.
41.Buffalo Bills - [jamcutpost] - OT, Bobby Massie - Mississippi - nice pick, he'll be a hell of a lot better than Mike Adams
42.Miami Dolphins - [Elmagister/SonOfDad] - WR, Rueben Randle - LSU - oof, here's one of those landmines I talked about at the Jags pick. The Fins need to address WR, but not with this guy this early.
43.Seattle Seahawks - [pinksheets] - OLB, Zach Brown - North Carolina - Nice value, here. 1st round talent from Camp Butch Davis = 2nd round risk. We'll see if Pete can motivate him.
44.Kansas City Chiefs - [10ball] - OG, Kevin Zeitler - Wisconsin - All things equal, I like him more than the Chiefs 1st pick. Bravo passing on Weeden this early too.
45.Dallas Cowboys - [Third and Long] - DE/OLD, Ronnell Lewis - Oklahoma - Another Butch Davis candidate, risk is justified here though. The guy is a menace, but can he harness it on the football field? On a defense that needs to toughen up, a lot, he's a good fit.
46.Philadelphia Eagles - [nicdolas] - DT, Devon Still - Penn St - Steal, and why Philly was correct to pass on DT in round 1
47.New York Jets - [jetsman2806/endzoneview] - DE/OLB, Jared Crick - Nebraska - this pick confused me a bit. The Jets have a much bigger need with pass rush than they do on the line imo. This is kinda early for Crick too.
48.New England Patriots(via Raiders) - [FLPatsFan/honingskills] - DL, Derek Wolfe - Cincinnati - a little early for my liking, but he is an under valued prospect, would have liked the pick more if it were their 62nd pick
49.San Diego Chargers - [Griffimo] - RB, David Wilson - Virginia Tech - oof, the round 1 pick was nice but it was assuming ol would be coming with this pick. Backup RB can wait, there are needs on the OL needing addressed now and the talent matches that need here. Concerned about Wilson anyway, exceptional athlete but play on the field is spotty.
50.Chicago Bears - [vonbearsalot] - C, Peter Konz - Wisconsin - holy value, batman!
51.Philadelphia Eagles(via Cardinals) - [nicdolas] - OLB, Lavonte David - Nebraska - great fit
52.Tennessee Titans - [Loser829] - DE, Chandler Jones - Syracuse - Gilmore, you again! If he was talked about as a 3rd or 4th round prospect in December there's no reason for him to be in the 2nd or even 1st round consideration that I've been seeing lately.
53.Cincinnati Bengals - [neal123454] - RB, Isaiah Pead - Cincinnati - Ugh, there's more upside here than I thought in December but this is way too early. He's more than likely a committee back and nothing special, should fall another round.
54.Detroit Lions - [getdownmmmkay] - CB, Josh Robinson - Central Florida - great pick
55.Atlanta Falcons - [ATL Souljah Boy] - TE, Dwayne Allen - Clemson - solid and unexciting pick that fills a need
56.Pittsburgh Steelers - [jesteva] - SS, Harrison Smith - Notre Dame - the lack of safety depth strikes again, Smith is a mediocre safety but because this class is brutal is going to be drafted about 50 picks too early
57.Denver Broncos - [badgasman9] - G/OT, Kelechi Osemele - Iowa State - great pick
58.Houston Texans - [Stankweasels 3000] - OT, Zebrie Sanders - Florida State - another Butch Davis candidate, his performance is spotty, lots of ?'s about him, and he's not that special of a talent anyway. Worthwhile gamble later in day 2 but there are better tackle targets available right now
59.Green Bay Packers - [crockett] - FS, Aaron Henry - Wisconsin - Reeeeeach, the lack of safety depth strikes again!
60.Baltimore Ravens - [Kaleb.09] - OG, Amini Silatolu - Midwestern State - great pick
61.San Francisco 49ers - [Lundy Love] - OG, Brandon Brooks - Miami (Ohio) - is he really going this high? If so, good pick, I thought he was more under valued than this though
62.New England Patriots - [FLPatsFan/honingskills] - DT, Alameda Ta’amu - Washington - don't feel good about this one, he's only a 2 down player and there are questions about whether he can even be an asset against the run against better competition.
63.New York Giants - [sebringc4] - C, Ben Jones - Georgia - way too early for an average center, there are better values later

Round 3

64.Indianapolis Colts - [votingmachine/Spice Man] - FS, George Iloka - Boise State - damn you weak safety class causing all of these lousy picks!
65.St. Louis Rams - [dpgstl] - LB, Mychal Kendricks - California - better pick than the 2 second rounders, a lot of upside here
66.Minnesota Vikings - [birddog] - CB/S, Josh Norman - Coastal Carolina - the secondary is in shambles, great couple of prospects acquired in this mock
67.Cleveland Browns - [OarChambo] - OT, Jeff Allen - Illinois - safe and necessary pick, should be able to slide into RT day one and has upside. Also why my skin crawls anytime I hear the words Mike and Adams around here.
68.Tampa Bay Buccaneers - [badgasman9] - CB, Brandon Boykin - Georgia - not a fan, Boykin is pillow soft
69.Washington Redskins(via Rams) - [stuffedcrust3meat] - WR, Ryan Broyles - Oklahoma - way too early, healthy he's just a slot WR and obviously he's not healthy. Better WR's are available now.
70.Jacksonville Jaguars - [hankrip] - WR, Ty Hilton - Florida International - this pick reaks of Yamon Figurs to me, 4th WR/KR in early round 3? Blah.
71.Buffalo Bills - [jamcutpost] - QB, Brock Osweiler - Arizona St - just a little early for my liking, but won't blast the pick, just more comfortable with waiting another round before taking fliers on QB projects
72.Miami Dolphins - [Elmagister/SonOfDad] - QB, Kirk Cousins - Michigan St. - the Osweiler pick was better, Cousins sucks
73.Miami Dolphins(via Panthers through Bears) - [Elmagister/SonOfDad] - DL, Kendall Reyes - UConn - ridiculous value here
74.Kansas City Chiefs - [10ball] - QB, Brandon Weeden - Oklahoma State - good pick, proper value, unlike what will likely happen in the real thing
75.Seattle Seahawks - [pinksheets] - RB, Chris Polk - Washington - very good value, will compliment Marshawn well in the short term and has upside to take the reigns sometime in the future. A reason to pass on David Wilson a round earlier.
76.Houston Texans(via Eagles) - [Stankweasels 3000] - WR, Chris Givens - Wake Forest - if the Texans miss on WR early a Givens type would be perfect in this spot, nice pick
77.New York Jets - [jetsman2806/endzoneview] - WR, Nick Toon - Wisconsin - I do not understand the hype around Toon nor his fit on the Jets, Kerley is the slot WR, the Jets need a #2 on the outside, Toon isn't a good fit outside. This is a round too early and won't solve the Jets WR problem.
78.San Diego Chargers - [Griffimo] - RB, LaMichael James - Oregon - if this pick were paired with an OL instead of David Wilson it would be fantastic. Damn you, Wilson! Damn you!
79.Chicago Bears - [vonbearsalot] - LB, Bobby Wagner - Utah State - tremendous value
80.Arizona Cardinals - [Oarchambo] - WR, Juron Criner - Arizona - he's why I don't understand guys like Toon and Broyles went first, higher floor and ceiling. He's also why Jeffrey 40+ picks earlier makes no sense. They are remarkably similar prospects.
81.Dallas Cowboys - [Third and Long] - DE/OLB, Bruce Irvin - W Virginia - nice pick, this is about the spot when great rotational players should start falling off the board
82.Tennessee Titans - [Loser829] - OG, James Brown - Troy - many mocks have the Titans going OL early, Brown in round 3 is a better pick than Adams or Glenn in the 1st
83.Cincinnati Bengals - [neal123454] - DT, Brandon Thompson - Clemson - This is why Worthy went way too early, similar player here but a round cheaper
84.Atlanta Falcons - [ATL Souljah Boy] - CB, Alfonzo Dennard - Nebraska - anyone saying they would rather have Gilmore in round 1 than Dennard in the 3rd is kidding themselves, nice pick
85.Detroit Lions - [getdownmmmkay] - DE, Cam Johnson - Virginia
- This is why the Chandler Jones nonsense doesn't make sense, they are very similar prospects but Cam's stock hasn't flown through the roof for reasons unknown over the last 2 months
86.Pittsburgh Steelers - [jesteva] - OT, Mitchell Schwartz - University of California
- great pick, obviously I want the Steelers to take Mike Adams in round 1 instead but Schwartz is both a better prosect and about 2 rounds cheaper.
87.Denver Broncos - [badgasman9] - DE, Billy Winn - Boise State - nice value, rotational player, but this is when those types should start to fall
88.Philadelphia Eagles(via Texans) - [nicdolas] - S, Brandon Taylor - LSU
- run of nice value picks here, Taylor has a personal foul problem but he provides short term competition to the under whelming Jarrett and could take the job from him by the end of the year if Jarrett doesn't step up
89.New Orleans Saints - [TBD] - T, Andrew Datko - Florida St
- the OL cupboard is just about dry and if there's one area the Saints have to improve on it's OL depth
90.Green Bay Packers - [crockett] - C, Mike Brewster - Ohio State - good pick, had an up and down Sr. season but the Pack gets to see if it was just a blip on the radar while their FA acquisition goes off into the sunset and see if Brewster can be their answer
91.Baltimore Ravens - [Kaleb.09] - FS, Trenton Robinson - Michigan State
- have I mentioned how awful this safety class is?
92.San Francisco 49ers - [Lundy Love] - S, Markelle Martin - Oklahoma State
- okay, at this point, not going to kill this pick. He's the 3rd or 4th best safety in the class and is the 7th or 8th off the board
93.New England Patriots - [FLPatsFan/honingskills] - CB, Jayron Hosley - Va Tech GREAT value here, not the biggest fan of Hosley but nearing pick 100 he is more than worth the risk.
94.New York Giants - [sebringc4] - RB, Robert Turbin - Utah St - good value here and much more in line with the Giants M.O. re RB's than going RB in the first 2 rounds
95.Oakland Raiders(compensatory selection) - [TBD] - LB, Sean Spence, Miami (FL) The new regime says they will go BPA and there's no depth in the front 7, so here you go

PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 11:03 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15565
Donate
I didn't like the Coples pick when I made it either. I also don't see the Dolphins coming out of their first four picks without an o-lineman.

PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 11:12 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 25827
Donate
cle.gif
As a Cleveland fan I could live with this, but I really think they need to address that backfield earlier. Much as I love Claiborne, Trent is a major talent that they simply cannot let get away. Lots of options here to move around, but get Richardson at #4 and a receiver in round 2 and then you can tell if Colt just had a weak supporting cast last year or if you need to get another QB. Great job fellas!!! =D>

PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 11:17 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18131
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Who drafted for the Bronco's? That guy kicked some.....

PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 11:20 

Donate
bluemist wrote:
As a Cleveland fan I could live with this, but I really think they need to address that backfield earlier. Much as I love Claiborne, Trent is a major talent that they simply cannot let get away. Lots of options here to move around, but get Richardson at #4 and a receiver in round 2 and then you can tell if Colt just had a weak supporting cast last year or if you need to get another QB. Great job fellas!!! =D>

My problem with going Rich has nothing to do with him - I love him and think he's going to be great. We need a starting WR too and if we don't leave the top 3 WR without one we either have to settle for another complimentary WR or take one that I want nothing to do with (Jeffrey, Hill, and Randle). I also really, really like Martin + Miller and if we miss on all 3 could come back with a thunder and lightning combo of James and Pierce or Turbin on day 2. If we can find a way to get Rich + one of the top 3 I'm on board, but going for Rich significantly reduces our margin for error later in the top 50.

I took Claiborne here because #1) knowing this group I expected one of Wright or FLoyd to be there at 22 and #2) it wouldn't surprise me on draft day to see us move back a bit to get Claiborne but then move back up to get Floyd or Wright.

PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 11:21 

Donate
SonOfDad wrote:
I didn't like the Coples pick when I made it either. I also don't see the Dolphins coming out of their first four picks without an o-lineman.

Schwartz or Brown would've made more sense than Cousins imo

PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 11:38 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15491
Donate
Yeah - agree with you about Osweiler, but its how it flowed and with Fitz only 1yr into a 5yr deal it fits well enough.

MIA and KC didnt bite on Tanenhill (and hopefully theyll not do it on D-Day if presented with the choice), and noone of any value wouldve been there by the 4th after theyd picked this round as one of them wouldve gone that way.

This year - like most - deeper at WR than QB, so the shallow pool made a coinflip irrelevant here.

Wouldve loved a Wr#1 but theres a few more cats that can be developed later, than there are Qbs of which there are startingly few again.

The Josh Norman pick changed the dynamic there as thats who was atop the board. There were a couple of DL guys (a luxury pick atm) and one or two LBs (who should be there in the 4th at least), but other than that it had to be the QB project. Thigpens aight, but he is in no way shape or form anyone who any team so far has felt compelled to keep rostered!

I wouldve be very happy with:

DeCastro (RG), Massie (RT/LT) & Norman (CB) << It aint sexy (lacking a floyd like some people - Bills fans included. Its about a 50/50 split on the topic ... ), but it keeps us moving in the right direction and id like to thank BD for messing it all up :D

Last edited by jamcutpost on Fri 04.13.2012, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 11:42 

Sand$: 58409
Donate
nyj.gif
Critiquing the critique - Jets selections

1st round
-Jetsman and I were going back and forth on the Jets first rounder. I wanted Floyd, with Martin as my 2nd choice. Jetsman had Martin 1st on his board. I thought the rest of his board were reaches so we went with Martin.

2nd round
-this pick went down on the weekend so no input for me. I earmarked Harrison Smith but didn't send jetsman a PM. Considering Oar thought he was picked 50 spots too high 10 picks later, he would have been picked 60 spots too high by me.

3rd round
- this pick was all me. I kept looking at Criner, but then I saw Toon was out there. I guess I was swayed by his last name. Although I think he could be a great compliment #2 to Holmes and his blocking ability in that Wisconsin offense was definitely a plus for me.

PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 11:55 

Donate
jamcutpost wrote:
MIA and KC didnt bite on Tanenhill (and hopefully theyll not do it on D-Day if presented with the choice), and noone of any value wouldve been there by the 4th after theyd picked this round as one of them wouldve gone that way.

I think all of Osweiler, Wilson, Cousins, Foles, Coleman, and Harnish make sense sometime early on day 3. Not before then. The teams looking for QB that went in other directions in round 3 will be better off with the guys they took instead and scoop in for Wilson, Foles, Coleman, or Harnish early on day 3. None of them are probably ever going to be good, so as long as there are guys that could start I don't see the reason for taking a developmental project. Useful starters were picked up after them imo. Now, the well's about tapped dry. I see a few guys lingering that could be starters, but not much. Once you're to rotational players or projects then it makes sense, but not before then.

At least with Weeden you'll know within a year or two if it's worth it. My problem with him is that there are too many holes in his game for someone his age. But a place like KC where he went is fine. Cassell gets one last shot, if he bombs then slide Weeden in there midseason and see if you've got something. If Cassell steps up then Weeden can still be a serviceable backup.

PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 11:58 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15491
Donate
FWIW, its not anything exciting - far from it - but just in case anyone was interested:

Quote:
The potential LT i'm eyeing is a project (which im happy to name post-mock ;) ) and after grabbing the best guard and potentially (at worst) 2nd best RT so far im happy enough that D'alessandris can continue his stellar work to date with a W.I.P LT to slot in and compete with Hairston.

The project LT i was eyeing up (not that wed ever have gotten to a 5th+ rnd, - and a stirling job by BD and FL Pats to get it to 3 =D> ) is Jake Longs kid brother, Joe.

Like a few other tackles he may end up moving inside or playing righty. I dont think hes a pro left tackle just yet, but hes looked good from what ive seen.

He played DivII @ Wayne State, but for all that he didnt look out of place in the Shrine game.

It mightnt mean much but he did win the Gene Upshaw Div II OL of the year.

He beat out Silatolu to pick it up

PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 11:59 

Donate
endzoneview wrote:

1st round
-Jetsman and I were going back and forth on the Jets first rounder. I wanted Floyd, with Martin as my 2nd choice. Jetsman had Martin 1st on his board. I thought the rest of his board were reaches so we went with Martin.

2nd round
-this pick went down on the weekend so no input for me. I earmarked Harrison Smith but didn't send jetsman a PM. Considering Oar thought he was picked 50 spots too high 10 picks later, he would have been picked 60 spots too high by me.

3rd round
- this pick was all me. I kept looking at Criner, but then I saw Toon was out there. I guess I was swayed by his last name. Although I think he could be a great compliment #2 to Holmes and his blocking ability in that Wisconsin offense was definitely a plus for me.

In this scenario you were deciding between the two right guys in round 1 imo.

I really don't understand what people like about Harrison Smith. Very, very mediocre safety. I try to play it a bit safe on critiques on guys I haven't seen much of (i.e. Poe, Cox, and Glenn), but I have unfortunately watched a lot of ND football and just don't get the appeal. He's just a guy.

Toon makes the most sense with Tebow under center imo.

PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 12:01 

Donate
jamcutpost wrote:
FWIW, its not anything exciting - far from it - but just in case anyone was interested:

Quote:
The potential LT i'm eyeing is a project (which im happy to name post-mock ;) ) and after grabbing the best guard and potentially (at worst) 2nd best RT so far im happy enough that D'alessandris can continue his stellar work to date with a W.I.P LT to slot in and compete with Hairston.

The project LT i was eyeing up (not that wed ever have gotten to a 5th+ rnd, - and a stirling job by BD and FL Pats to get it to 3 =D> ) is Jake Longs kid brother, Joe.

Like a few other tackles he may end up moving inside or playing righty. I dont think hes a pro left tackle just yet, but hes looked good from what ive seen.

He played DivII @ Wayne State, but for all that he didnt look out of place in the Shrine game.

It mightnt mean much but he did win the Gene Upshaw Div II OL of the year.

He beat out Silatolu to pick it up

If I had been making picks in round 4 he wouldn't have made it to round 5, he's one of my top 5 available right now.

PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 12:03 

Sand$: 58409
Donate
nyj.gif
OarChambo wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

1st round

2nd round

3rd round

I really don't understand what people like about Harrison Smith. Very, very mediocre safety. I try to play it a bit safe on critiques on guys I haven't seen much of (i.e. Poe, Cox, and Glenn), but I have unfortunately watched a lot of ND football and just don't get the appeal. He's just a guy.

re: Harrison Smith

Dually noted. Strictly a need pick. I'm really nervous about our safeties this year. Although spending a 2nd rounder on a mediocre one probably isn't our answer

PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 12:06 

Donate
endzoneview wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

1st round

2nd round

3rd round

re: Harrison Smith

Dually noted. Strictly a need pick. I'm really nervous about our safeties this year. Although spending a 2nd rounder on a mediocre one probably isn't our answer

Brandon Taylor or Antonio Allen in round 3 or 4 is what you want, assuming Barron round 1 isn't an option. I don't know much beyond Taylor and Allen, but I am comfortable saying most of the safeties taken in this mock are not any good. Most of them were on teams I watched a lot of.

PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 12:20 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 25368
Donate
2 outta 3 ain't bad. You're right, I should have went OL with the Chargers in R2. I think they would be a great place for LaMichael to end up.