FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 10.25.2014, 21:56

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun 05.13.2012, 15:10 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 586
Donate
I know it's way to early, but what are you guys thinking about Quick. Def explosive and will def be starting in Stl. Prob the best situation out of all receivers drafted except Maybe Floyd. Anyone gonna take him in the draft, and what is the earliest you'd pull him?

Wr: VJax, Bowe, J Gordon, A Roberts
Te: Cameron
K: Sturgis
DST: SF

PostPosted: Sun 05.13.2012, 16:07 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 38954
Donate
pit.gif
This post pretty much confirms that he will go earlier than I would warrent taking him.

PostPosted: Sun 05.13.2012, 16:12 
Leopard Shark

Donate
rugger48 wrote:
This post pretty much confirms that he will go earlier than I would warrent taking him.

Because pulling him maybe in the 10-12 range in a 15 round draft is too early?? Thanks for all the insight.

PostPosted: Sun 05.13.2012, 16:15 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
smileyrunnin wrote:
rugger48 wrote:

Because pulling him maybe in the 10-12 range in a 15 round draft is too early?? Thanks for all the insight.

Im sorry made I just think its a little early for a cheerleader post, they are alot of WRs to talk about about besides quick, maybe a little explanation why you chose him out of Blackmon or floyd.

yes 10-12 is too early.

PostPosted: Sun 05.13.2012, 16:29 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 35696
Donate
mia.gif
rugger48 wrote:
smileyrunnin wrote:
rugger48 wrote:

Im sorry made I just think its a little early for a cheerleader post, they are alot of WRs to talk about about besides quick, maybe a little explanation why you chose him out of Blackmon or floyd.

yes 10-12 is too early.

Because he won't get those two late.

PostPosted: Sun 05.13.2012, 16:36 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
Elmagister wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
smileyrunnin wrote:
rugger48 wrote:

yes 10-12 is too early.

Because he won't get those two late.

Did I say that? but good point. :?

PostPosted: Sun 05.13.2012, 16:46 
Leopard Shark

Donate
rugger48 wrote:
smileyrunnin wrote:
rugger48 wrote:

yes 10-12 is to early.

Cheerleader post huh, explain that one. Because I don't care how good Blackmon was in college, wouldn't pull him anywhere near where he is going to go in most drafts. Michael Floyd is obviously put in a better situation where Fitz wants to work with him to make him a better receiver and will have less coverage since all DBs have eyes on Fitz. So with my opinions on these players formed I wanted to know what people thought of Quick, who is a lot less known and in my opinion in one of the better positions for all rookie receivers. And since I also believe that WRs is the deepest position in fantasy this year, wondering where people would take him, and if people had any insight. Is that enough reason?? And if you have so many problems with me asking about him, go to another thread.

PostPosted: Sun 05.13.2012, 16:49 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13580
Donate
sea.gif
Where is Blackmon going to be going? I can't imagine his ADP is that high landing in Jacksonville with Gabbert.

All in all, I probably wouldn't even consider taking a rookie wideout until about a round before I'm taking my kicker and defense. Nor do I like his situation that much. The Rams had a lot of ammo in the draft and didn't improve a lot IMO, Bradford is still going to be getting killed behind that line.

PostPosted: Sun 05.13.2012, 16:52 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
smileyrunnin wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
smileyrunnin wrote:
rugger48 wrote:

yes 10-12 is to early.

Cheerleader post huh, explain that one. Because I don't care how good Blackmon was in college, wouldn't pull him anywhere near where he is going to go in most drafts. Michael Floyd is obviously put in a better situation where Fitz wants to work with him to make him a better receiver and will have less coverage since all DBs have eyes on Fitz. So with my opinions on these players formed I wanted to know what people thought of Quick, who is a lot less known and in my opinion in one of the better positions for all rookie receivers. And since I also believe that WRs is the deepest position in fantasy this year, wondering where people would take him, and if people had any insight. Is that enough reason?? And if you have so many problems with me asking about him, go to another thread.

Lets put it this way I like givens as much as I like quick.

I would be looking at jeffereys or blackmon as more of an immediate impact. Floyd not so much til they improve the oline in arizona, the double team fitz means nothing to me, he was getting doubled last year and he still csaugh the ball. If anything floyd will help fitz more than vice versa.

Until I see Bradford make quicker decisions on the filed(partially due to Oline) Givens might even be better at getting open, but quick has a cool last name.

Last edited by rugger48 on Sun 05.13.2012, 17:00, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun 05.13.2012, 16:57 
Leopard Shark

Donate
pinksheets wrote:
Where is Blackmon going to be going? I can't imagine his ADP is that high landing in Jacksonville with Gabbert.

All in all, I probably wouldn't even consider taking a rookie wideout until about a round before I'm taking my kicker and defense. Nor do I like his situation that much. The Rams had a lot of ammo in the draft and didn't improve a lot IMO, Bradford is still going to be getting killed behind that line.

I agree with the Blackmon comment. Loved him in college, sucks to be on the Jags. I just feel like someone is gonna take the risk and pull him way to early.

And I don't like rookie receivers either. That's why it would be a late flyer.

PostPosted: Sun 05.13.2012, 17:03 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
smileyrunnin wrote:
pinksheets wrote:

I agree with the Blackmon comment. Loved him in college, sucks to be on the Jags. I just feel like someone is gonna take the risk and pull him way to early.

Just so were clear, in a 15 rounder you will most likly be starting

1 qb 2 rbs 2 wrs 1 flex 1 te 1 def 1 kicker

Thats 9 starting spots to fill, then you will need a backup qb, couple more rbs and a wr thats has dropped for value, then i would be looking at value spots.

Again, I wouldnt draft quick at all. 10-12 too early. Maybe somebody I keep my eye on for roster adjustments.

By the way Quick and AJ Jenkins stopped becoming "alot less known" the minute they were draft where they were, Impretty sure alot of people are looking at both.

PostPosted: Sun 05.13.2012, 17:18 
Leopard Shark

Donate
rugger48 wrote:
smileyrunnin wrote:
pinksheets wrote:

Just so were clear, in a 15 rounder you will most likly be starting

1 qb 2 rbs 2 wrs 1 flex 1 te 1 def 1 kicker

Thats 9 starting spots to fill, then you will need a backup qb, couple more rbs and a wr thats has dropped for value, then i would be looking at value spots.

Again, I wouldnt draft quick at all. 10-12 too early. Maybe somebody I keep my eye on for roster adjustments.

By the way Quick and AJ Jenkins stopped becoming "alot less known" the minute they were draft where they were, Impretty sure alot of people are looking at both.

Yea. My one league is just what you said (15 rds, the 9 starters you listed). Also in another IDP league, So that's a 25 rounder. Neither with position limits and 12 team leagues with ppr so the wr tends to get spread thin and I like to look for late round flyers here and there. But good to know your opinions now, so what Wrs have the best sleeper value in your minds?

PostPosted: Sun 05.13.2012, 20:07 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3984
Donate
i have grown to like drafting rookie wr's late in the draft. thank goodness i picked up A.J Green last year cuz Reggie Wayne was terrible. besides that there is TBMW, Julio Jones, DeSean Jackson, Eddie Royal, and I am sure others in recent years that i can't recall at the moment, who all had fantasy impact as rookies.

i agree that jeffrey and blackmon are most likely to be of immediate use but it would be cool to know more about Quick. i am sure of he connects with Bradford in pre-season he will get plenty of opportunity in regular season.

FantasySharks Bottom-Dweller League 13
Balls of Steel Dynasty League

PostPosted: Sun 05.13.2012, 22:04 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36538
Donate
car.gif
If you're drafting basing on 2 to 3 years from now, then maybe. I don't see someone coming in from App State and doing anything for a while. He's way down the list to me on rookie WRs I'd have any interest in for a Dyno. If you're talking Redraft, He's probably not even in my top 50 WR at the moment.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Mon 05.14.2012, 08:25 

Sand$: 99118
Donate
pwbowen wrote:
If you're drafting basing on 2 to 3 years from now, then maybe. I don't see someone coming in from App State and doing anything for a while. He's way down the list to me on rookie WRs I'd have any interest in for a Dyno. If you're talking Redraft, He's probably not even in my top 50 WR at the moment.

Pretty much, I haven't understood the hype around him but will keep an open mind when I actually start to watch him. Still, won't be a factor this season, at least fantasy-wise. This is a story for 2013, if at all.