FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 10.20.2014, 08:04

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 862 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 58  Next
PostPosted: Sun 07.29.2012, 18:50 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4656
Donate
gb.gif
I'm in a two-keeper league (non-PPR) where you give up the pick that corresponds with where your keeper(s) were drafted. So, for example, (because I was awkward with the description), I'll keep Ray Rice and give up my first round pick.

That leaves me with the choice of keeping Mathews and giving up my 4th or Brandon Marshal and giving up my fifth. Leaning toward keeping Mathews, but any thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun 07.29.2012, 18:59 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 34934
Donate
mia.gif
Stigmo wrote:
I'm in a two-keeper league (non-PPR) where you give up the pick that corresponds with where your keeper(s) were drafted. So, for example, (because I was awkward with the description), I'll keep Ray Rice and give up my first round pick.

That leaves me with the choice of keeping Mathews and giving up my 4th or Brandon Marshal and giving up my fifth. Leaning toward keeping Mathews, but any thoughts?

I think Matthews for a fourth is a better value than Marshall for a fifth.

PostPosted: Sun 07.29.2012, 22:53 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 20482
Donate
sd.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Mathews is motivated

Quote:
"I'm just waiting to step my game up," Mathews, 24, said following a morning walkthrough. "Being able to have the guys around me and be in shape, it's like, man, it's time to go. It's time to get ready and, basically, to shut everyone up." via SDTribune

Reports in San Diego say Mathews is looking ripped and ready to go and is in much better overall shape than he has been in his career.

Yea I've heard nothing but rave reviews so far

Keeping my eye on him, gonna try and make it out to their training camp. Also keeping my eye on the WR mess, curious to see if Meachem can have a breakthrough season with his change in scenery.

Personally think if Malcolm Floyd can stay healthy he'll be a draft day steal

Last edited by TheChamp on Sun 07.29.2012, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun 07.29.2012, 22:54 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11896
Donate
gb.gif
Elmagister wrote:
Stigmo wrote:

This is really a no-brainer. Mathews is a 1st round pick you're getting for a 4th. Marshall is a 2nd-3rd round pick that costs a 5th. The better value is Mathews.

Depending where you're drafting and which players are returned, you just might be able to nab Marshall if you're slotted to draft near the tail.

PostPosted: Mon 07.30.2012, 00:21 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14473
Donate
jnadke wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
Stigmo wrote:

This is really a no-brainer. Mathews is a 1st round pick you're getting for a 4th. Marshall is a 2nd-3rd round pick that costs a 5th. The better value is Mathews.

Depending where you're drafting and which players are returned, you just might be able to nab Marshall if you're slotted to draft near the tail.

Yes, a top RB is always going to be the choice over a WR. Especially this year.

Russell
LeSean, McKinnon, Oliver, PT, AndreW, Hill
Alshon, Wallace, DePunk, Cooks, Davante, Cordy
Cameron, ASJ
DET, BUF

Keepers: Cordy, Cutler (traded for DePunk)

Lost to INJ: Cruz

PostPosted: Tue 07.31.2012, 16:56 

Sand$: 57025
Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:
Chargers player Mathews slightly injured in crash

SAN DIEGO — Chargers running back Ryan Mathews suffered minor injuries around midnight Monday when he was in a two-vehicle collision in the Sports Arena area.
Chargers running back #24 Ryan Mathews during the second quarter.
Ryan Mathews did not get the opportunity for full, team offseason workouts in 2011. JOHN GIBBINS • U-T

The 24-year-old NFL player was entering east Interstate 8 at Sports Arena Boulevard when he lost control of his 2010 BMW and hit another vehicle, California Highway Patrol Officer Mary Bailey said Tuesday.

He complained of pain and was taken to a hospital to be examined. It appears that Mathews was driving too fast, Bailey said.

PostPosted: Tue 07.31.2012, 17:30 

Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:
Coach Norv Turner suggested not only that Ronnie Brown will make the final roster, but that he will also have an occasional role out of the "Wildcat" offense.
"I know Ronnie Brown is going to make big plays because he has the ability to make the first tackler miss," said Turner, adding that Brown will make catches out of the backfield. Turner suggested the Chargers could run the Wildcat "four-five times" per game, which is awfully optimistic. The upshot here is that Brown is favorite to enter the season as Ryan Mathews' backup. We suspect he's washed up at age 30.

PostPosted: Tue 07.31.2012, 18:05 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 38866
Donate
pit.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:
Coach Norv Turner suggested not only that Ronnie Brown will make the final roster, but that he will also have an occasional role out of the "Wildcat" offense.
"I know Ronnie Brown is going to make big plays because he has the ability to make the first tackler miss," said Turner, adding that Brown will make catches out of the backfield. Turner suggested the Chargers could run the Wildcat "four-five times" per game, which is awfully optimistic. The upshot here is that Brown is favorite to enter the season as Ryan Mathews' backup. We suspect he's washed up at age 30.

shoot, Norv spreads more sh1t than carroll, either that or your paying more attention to the situation than most other situations.

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 00:37 

Donate
nyj.gif
Any news on Gaither? The champ, where you at?

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 03:00 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
sd.gif
endzoneview wrote:

Norv claims he's only dealing with cramps, but he hasn't practiced since. When's the last time a guy was kept out longer than a day or two with only cramps? So suspicion is it's actually his back acting up again (and this is EXACTLY how it started in the 2010 season w/ "cramps"), but for now Norv adamantly refutes it and he's expected to be ready for the opener. They're gonna handle him w/ baby gloves, give the bench reps hoping he'll recover w/ the time off.

Gaither's been an absolute stud and it'll be devastating for our pass game if it turns out serious, but I'm taking Norv's word for it and assuming they're just being overly precautious... praying this doesn't turn out to be a McNeill story. I'm more concerned w/ the strong side for now. But it's getting real frustrating considering aside from Hardwick, everyone on this line is constantly injured

Edit: Reason I believe Norv is that the almost identical situation w/ the Ravens in 2010 was basically "cramps" --> back problems --> returned too soon --> aggravated; think they're just trying to learn from the past, give him plenty of time to avoid a setback; line is too dependent on him

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 08:39 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36336
Donate
car.gif
TheChamp wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

Norv claims he's only dealing with cramps, but he hasn't practiced since. When's the last time a guy was kept out longer than a day or two with only cramps? So suspicion is it's actually his back acting up again (and this is EXACTLY how it started in the 2010 season w/ "cramps"), but for now Norv adamantly refutes it and he's expected to be ready for the opener. They're gonna handle him w/ baby gloves, give the bench reps hoping he'll recover w/ the time off.

Gaither's been an absolute stud and it'll be devastating for our pass game if it turns out serious, but I'm taking Norv's word for it and assuming they're just being overly precautious... praying this doesn't turn out to be a McNeill story. I'm more concerned w/ the strong side for now. But it's getting real frustrating considering aside from Hardwick, everyone on this line is constantly injured

Edit: Reason I believe Norv is that the almost identical situation w/ the Ravens in 2010 was basically "cramps" --> back problems --> returned too soon --> aggravated; think they're just trying to learn from the past, give him plenty of time to avoid a setback; line is too dependent on him

Maybe he's manstrating.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Thu 08.09.2012, 17:42 

Donate
nyj.gif
Evan Silva took Mathews at 2 overall in an "expert mock"

By all means, if you're that confident in him, go get him. I just have a little issue with his reasoning

Quote:
Rotoworld's Pick: Mathews. I think the top-four backs are bunched pretty tightly at the top, and the deck could be shuffled any which way. I would have taken Foster No. 1, but Mathews was my pick at 2 because I think his workload will be stronger than Rice and McCoy's, and I think the Chargers will lean on Mathews as a true bellcow runner in more of a ground-oriented offense than we've seen from San Diego in years past. The workload and talent on Mathews are elite. The fact that he has struggled with injuries his first two seasons doesn't really bother me. I think he's an extremely well conditioned athlete in 2012, and I expect him to stay healthy and get the rock a ton.

I know it shouldn't, but the fact that Silva loves him so much is really making me think twice about him. :-k

PostPosted: Thu 08.09.2012, 17:51 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
sd.gif
pwbowen wrote:
Maybe he's manstrating.

:lol: Seriously though, cramps??

"His back ailment is healing slower than the Chargers hoped, and he will miss Thursday’s preseason opener…Coach Norv Turner has expressed confidence in the team’s ability to prepare him for the season in relatively short order." -SI Tracker

Nothing new on this front, he's still day-to-day.

As for Silva, I don't know how he justifies Mathews over Ray Rice :-k

PostPosted: Thu 08.09.2012, 19:13 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36336
Donate
car.gif
TheChamp wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
Maybe he's manstrating.

"His back ailment is healing slower than the Chargers hoped, and he will miss Thursday’s preseason opener…Coach Norv Turner has expressed confidence in the team’s ability to prepare him for the season in relatively short order." -SI Tracker

He just got you to mention him. Stupid pick is now justified.

Silva's tongue should grow to 10x normal size and choke himself to death.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Thu 08.09.2012, 19:44 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14473
Donate
pwbowen wrote:
TheChamp wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
Maybe he's manstrating.

He just got you to mention him. Stupid pick is now justified.

Silva's tongue should grow to 10x normal size and choke himself to death.

Hey, don't hold back; tell us what you really think of this guy.

Russell
LeSean, McKinnon, Oliver, PT, AndreW, Hill
Alshon, Wallace, DePunk, Cooks, Davante, Cordy
Cameron, ASJ
DET, BUF

Keepers: Cordy, Cutler (traded for DePunk)

Lost to INJ: Cruz

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 862 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 58  Next