FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 10.23.2014, 04:18

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 862 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 58  Next
PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 15:31 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 38363
Donate
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
R2000 wrote:
Trying to steer thread back to Mathews, like his potential. Would be much more comfortable drafting him in the latter half of the 1st round in redrafts. Would rather draft 1-3 or 6-10 in redrafts.

In a 10-teamer?

Would you take any of Brees/Brady/Gronk/Jimmy/MJD or McFadden over him?

I meant a 12 teamer. No, I would not take any of the above over him. I would probably draft him #4/#5 but with a sense of misgiving. I would be much more comfortable drafting him in the 2nd half of round 1, not that I expect him to drop often.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 17:07 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14513
Donate
R2000 wrote:
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
R2000 wrote:
Trying to steer thread back to Mathews, like his potential. Would be much more comfortable drafting him in the latter half of the 1st round in redrafts. Would rather draft 1-3 or 6-10 in redrafts.

In a 10-teamer?

Would you take any of Brees/Brady/Gronk/Jimmy/MJD or McFadden over him?

I meant a 12 teamer. No, I would not take any of the above over him. I would probably draft him #4/#5 but with a sense of misgiving. I would be much more comfortable drafting him in the 2nd half of round 1, not that I expect him to drop often.

I agree.

I had to decide over a month ago which draft slot I wanted. The highest available was 7. I took 11 instead (12 was taken). I was concerned a lot of the second-tier backs were similar and each has some question marks. Also, it seems every year, at least a couple guys make first-round blunders, which pushes value down to the end of the round. And, we have a guy who takes Larry every year with his first pick. He's picking 8th this year.

If that happens again this year, I could end up with Forte or MJD or McFadden. Or I could take Jimmy and a QB. I might convince myself to take Trent.

I also have DeMarco as a keeper, so I already have one RB1 heading into the draft.

Russell
LeSean, McKinnon, Oliver, PT, AndreW, Hill
Alshon, Wallace, DePunk, Cooks, Davante, Cordy
Cameron, ASJ
DET, BUF

Keepers: Cordy, Cutler (traded for DePunk)

Lost to INJ: Cruz

PostPosted: Tue 07.24.2012, 17:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3802
Donate
top 5?..lol, not buying the hype..way too soft

PostPosted: Tue 07.24.2012, 18:12 
Chum

Sand$: 102
Donate
im pick 6 in a 12 team .5 ppr league

any combo of rice, foster, mccoy, rodgers, and brady or brees will go before me more than likely so i will be left with megatron, cj, mjd, or mathews. Any way you guys would go mathews with 6th pick?

PostPosted: Tue 07.24.2012, 18:32 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
wesg49 wrote:

any combo of rice, foster, mccoy, rodgers, and brady or brees will go before me more than likely so i will be left with megatron, cj, mjd, or mathews. Any way you guys would go mathews with 6th pick?

You could justify it.

But the smart money is on Chris Johnson.

Though I would think he would go before Brees and Brady.

Russell
Cameron, ASJ
DET, BUF

PostPosted: Tue 07.24.2012, 19:12 
Chum

Donate
idk even though we only get 4 pts a td but 1pt is only 20 yds qbs still go fast and early in my league i would almost bet 2 qbs go in my league before i pick. Idk how i feel about picking between chris johnson, mjd, or mathews. It is .5 ppr honestly i guess either of the 3 i will still be crossing my fingers

PostPosted: Tue 07.24.2012, 19:14 
Chum

Sand$: 118
Donate
stl.gif
Quote:
wesg49 wrote:

Quote:
You could justify it.

Though I would think he would go before Brees and Brady

Why is the smart money on Chris Johnson?

Your going to take a guy who was widely considered to have "given up" last year over Mathews? Heck, Javon Ringer stepped in for CJ2K late in the year, simply because CJ2K showed no effort in pass blocking and finishing off runs! Coaches have come out and said they plan to pass more next year, so you can't expect Johnson to have as many touches as Mathews. Next, CJ2k's line was criticized and thrown under the bus, many naming the group in the bottom third in the league. While the Titans do have some weapons, Britt's recovery from ACL injury has had some major setbacks, which includes another surgery to alleviate swelling (his third knee surgery in 10months). Also, he was arrested for DUI and Rotoworld said "We've already moved Britt down our draft board due to his knee woes and now the strong possibility of a suspension looms" (refering to that arrest). This leaves rookie Kendall Wright and TE Cook. Titans also have to choose between Hasselbeck or Locker, which isn't terrible either way you go, just not what I prefer when someone else has Rivers.

Now you can choose CJ2K, or go with Mathews, whose line is good enough (average). The Chargers WR core isn't a whole lot better than the Titans, but I like it better. Floyd makes for a good #2 with his 6'5 frame and Gates, while old, still can run a precise route and has good hands. I truthfully do not know much about Robert Meachem, but I hope they brought him in from NO for a reason. Ryan Mathews already has the coach saying they are going to make him a workhorse! Workhorse! You don't pass up the few workhorses left in 2012. Combine that with Rivers and I'm looking to put my smart money on Mathews.

PostPosted: Tue 07.24.2012, 19:47 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
breakout_2011 wrote:
Quote:
wesg49 wrote:

Quote:
You could justify it.

Your going to take a guy who was widely considered to have "given up" last year over Mathews? Heck, Javon Ringer stepped in for CJ2K late in the year, simply because CJ2K showed no effort in pass blocking and finishing off runs! Coaches have come out and said they plan to pass more next year, so you can't expect Johnson to have as many touches as Mathews. Next, CJ2k's line was criticized and thrown under the bus, many naming the group in the bottom third in the league. While the Titans do have some weapons, Britt's recovery from ACL injury has had some major setbacks, which includes another surgery to alleviate swelling (his third knee surgery in 10months). Also, he was arrested for DUI and Rotoworld said "We've already moved Britt down our draft board due to his knee woes and now the strong possibility of a suspension looms" (refering to that arrest). This leaves rookie Kendall Wright and TE Cook. Titans also have to choose between Hasselbeck or Locker, which isn't terrible either way you go, just not what I prefer when someone else has Rivers.

Now you can choose CJ2K, or go with Mathews, whose line is good enough (average). The Chargers WR core isn't a whole lot better than the Titans, but I like it better. Floyd makes for a good #2 with his 6'5 frame and Gates, while old, still can run a precise route and has good hands. I truthfully do not know much about Robert Meachem, but I hope they brought him in from NO for a reason. Ryan Mathews already has the coach saying they are going to make him a workhorse! Workhorse! You don't pass up the few workhorses left in 2012. Combine that with Rivers and I'm looking to put my smart money on Mathews.

Maybe smart money was the wrong terminology. I was referring more to conventional wisdom, track record, ADP, etc.

I actually like Mathews--a lot--this year. I have those two in the same tier.

I'd be happy to get either guy.

Russell
Cameron, ASJ
DET, BUF

PostPosted: Tue 07.24.2012, 20:49 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5042
Donate
kc.gif
breakout_2011 wrote:
Quote:
wesg49 wrote:

Quote:
You could justify it.

Werkhoarse dammit! Weeeerkhorse!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu 07.26.2012, 01:05 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1467
Donate
was.gif
breakout_2011 wrote:

Even with the drama, CJ2K still had more touches than Mathews last year. Both backs will be workhorses, there's no question. I don't see the chance for Ringer to cut into CJ2K's touches though. Ringer didn't show us jack. Conversely, McClain is widely expected to take some of Mathews's carries.

Mathews failed his conditioning test going into last year. He still bounced back and turned in an incredible season, but CJ2K who had "given up" had numbers that are pretty darn close.

Reports are that both Mathews and CJ2K are in great shape and focused. I see them having similar seasons, but mostly due to injury concerns and McClain, I'd put my money on CJ2K.

LoNg LiVe tHe pSyChO wArD

PostPosted: Thu 07.26.2012, 07:49 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 20802
Donate
sd.gif
paulie86 wrote:
breakout_2011 wrote:

Even with the drama, CJ2K still had more touches than Mathews last year. Both backs will be workhorses, there's no question. I don't see the chance for Ringer to cut into CJ2K's touches though. Ringer didn't show us jack. Conversely, McClain is widely expected to take some of Mathews's carries.

Mathews failed his conditioning test going into last year. He still bounced back and turned in an incredible season, but CJ2K who had "given up" had numbers that are pretty darn close.

Reports are that both Mathews and CJ2K are in great shape and focused. I see them having similar seasons, but mostly due to injury concerns and McClain, I'd put my money on CJ2K.

CJ2Ks lack of effort last year is being blown way out of proportion

Still put up 1450, and he missed training camp last year + o-line woes solved (Hutchinson)

I'll gladly scoop him up if his ADP falls

PostPosted: Thu 07.26.2012, 15:27 

Sand$: 56321
Donate
nyj.gif
Mathews is motivated

Quote:
"I'm just waiting to step my game up," Mathews, 24, said following a morning walkthrough. "Being able to have the guys around me and be in shape, it's like, man, it's time to go. It's time to get ready and, basically, to shut everyone up." via SDTribune

Reports in San Diego say Mathews is looking ripped and ready to go and is in much better overall shape than he has been in his career.

Week 8 Bets Posted

PostPosted: Thu 07.26.2012, 15:56 
Chum

Donate
.5 ppr league, how do you rank these 3?

MJD, Chris Johnson, Mathews

PostPosted: Thu 07.26.2012, 16:13 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 35568
Donate
mia.gif
wesg49 wrote:

Chris Brown uber alles.

PostPosted: Thu 07.26.2012, 16:17 

Sand$: 56321
Donate
nyj.gif
wesg49 wrote:

I'd go Chris Johnson, Mathews, MJD

Week 8 Bets Posted

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 862 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 58  Next