FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 04.16.2014, 02:32

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: QB Camp Battles
PostPosted: Thu 06.21.2012, 18:03 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 30835
Donate
mia.gif
From what little I've read, Garrard has looked better...which of course has me super stoked.

PostPosted: Fri 06.22.2012, 12:10 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1381
Donate
gb.gif
endzoneview wrote:
CARDINALS - Kolb

DOLPHINS - Moore

SEAHAWKS - Flynn

TITANS - Locker

To start the season. All bets are off after that.

PostPosted: Fri 06.22.2012, 12:20 

Sand$: 41624
Donate
nyj.gif
fishfry wrote:
CARDINALS - Kolb

DOLPHINS - Moore

SEAHAWKS - Flynn

TITANS - Locker

To start the season. All bets are off after that.

FTFY

PostPosted: Mon 06.25.2012, 15:02 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15102
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Just popped up on rotoworld

Quote:
Coach Leslie Frazier clarified this week that Joe Webb will not push Christian Ponder for the starting job this summer.
Frazier suggested the opposite immediately after the season when Webb flashed while filling in for an injured Ponder. "If something were to happen to Christian because of injury, we feel like we have a capable backup in Joe," Frazier said Thursday. "But there's no competition as to, 'Joe has to do this to beat out Christian.' Christian, it's his job."

There is never going to be a J Webb starting QB by winning the job in minnesota. He is horrible. As a WR he would be awesome. But that ship has sailed so....Oh well.

PostPosted: Tue 08.07.2012, 13:01 

Donate
nyj.gif
The pre-pre-season update

endzoneview wrote:
CARDINALS - Kolb vs. Skelton
ANALYSIS - Whisenhunt isn't going to make the same mistake twice and insert a quarterback into the starting lineup based on his contract (see Leinart vs. Warner 2007). Skelton led the Cardinals to 6 of their 8 wins last season and should have the upper hand over the less talented Kolb once training camp gets started.
PREDICTION: Skelton
OTA UPDATE: seems to be 50/50 heading into training camp
TC UPDATE: Kolb threw a lazy pick and looked overall horrendous in the HOF Game. Skelton looked like Kurt Warner 2.0 by comparison, but in reality, he looked just good enough.

DOLPHINS - Tannenhill vs. Moore vs. Garrard
ANALYSIS - We get to watch this battle unfold on HBO, so lucky us. While Philbin and the Dolphins are talking up competition, it's really Tannenhill's job to lose
PREDICTION: Tannenhill
OTA UPDATE: Garrard and Moore have been rotating first team reps on a consistent basis
TC UPDATE: Tannenhill is getting rave reviews, but this is now Garrard's job to lose. Matt Moore is opening the pre-season 2nd on the depth chart.

SEAHAWKS - Flynn vs. Tavaris vs. Wilson
ANALYSIS - Flynn has the new big contract, Wilson has the upside and Tavaris is, well Tavaris. This team needs veteran leadership and Flynn should get the first crack, even though he only has three starts under his belt. However, I'd expect the leash to be a little shorter than usual if Wilson looks good during the pre-season
PREDICTION: Flynn
OTA UPDATE: still anybody's game, TJAX getting some support right now
TC UPDATE: I have no idea what's going on here. Pre-season will determine the depth chart as well as who can tune out TO and Braylon the best

TITANS - Hasselbeck vs. Locker

ANALYSIS - Locker and Hass will be splitting work down the middle early in OTA's, but I suspect if Hasselbeck looks good and is healthy, the Titans will lean toward the veteran. Locker showed flashes, but another year of observation will do him some good
PREDICTION: Hasselbeck to start the season, Locker to take over midway
OTA UPDATE: beat writers are split on who is in the lead
TC UPDATE: Hasselbeck still looks like the presumptive starter thanks to Locker's uneven play in camp. It's going to take a complete disaster by Hass not to start Week 1

PostPosted: Tue 08.07.2012, 14:53 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 4695
Donate
Garrard has a very light grasp on the starting position.

PostPosted: Tue 08.07.2012, 15:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14388
Donate
sea.gif
Flynn starting pre-season game against Tennessee, will play 1st half, Wilson will play 2nd. No Tjack.

PostPosted: Tue 08.07.2012, 15:31 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18201
Donate
sd.gif
SonOfDad wrote:

I would imagine. Any idea what his TC conditioning is like after sitting out 2011?

Matt Moore is horrible though, can't imagine him hanging on for more than a game or two w/o falling on his face. Think we see Tannehill for sure at some point.

PostPosted: Tue 08.07.2012, 15:33 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
mia.gif
TheChamp wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:

I would imagine. Any idea what his TC conditioning is like after sitting out 2011?

Matt Moore is horrible though, can't imagine him hanging on for more than a game or two w/o falling on his face. Think we see Tannehill for sure at some point.

Or six...

PostPosted: Tue 08.07.2012, 15:35 

Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:
David Garrard got in "far" more work with the starters than Matt Moore or Ryan Tannehill in Miami's Saturday scrimmage.
Beat writer Ben Volin believes it's "probably safe to say that the job is Garrard’s to lose." Volin's assessment comes one day after SI's Peter King filed a glowing report on Garrard's early play. It's hard to believe Garrard has been so impressive that he's clearly ahead of a first-round pick and player who made 12 largely effective starts for the Dolphins last season. We'll get our first live look on Friday when the Dolphins host Tampa Bay in their preseason opener.

Funny, I said the same thing.

This is from three days ago

PostPosted: Tue 08.07.2012, 15:42 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10431
Donate
gb.gif
pinksheets wrote:
Flynn starting pre-season game against Tennessee, will play 1st half, Wilson will play 2nd. No Tjack.

It'll be interesting if TJack is a candidate for cut, then. He'd be a very expensive 3rd string, otherwise.

Wouldn't be surprised if he wound up in Buffalo, since they've been unhappy with Thigpen, and Vince Young is apparently dumb as a box of rocks.

PostPosted: Fri 08.10.2012, 15:48 

Donate
nyj.gif
SonOfDad wrote:

Guess so

Sean Jensen ‏@seankjensen

Dolphins QB David Garrard very recently had knee surgery that will sideline him, according to a league source.

I would like to get confirmation from a Dolphins beat writer but this easily knocks Garrard out of the running.

PostPosted: Fri 08.10.2012, 16:09 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
mia.gif
endzoneview wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:

Guess so

Dolphins QB David Garrard very recently had knee surgery that will sideline him, according to a league source.

I would like to get confirmation from a Dolphins beat writer but this easily knocks Garrard out of the running.

Omar Kelly says that he will have surgery, not tgat he's had it. He is out tonight vs Tampa.

PostPosted: Fri 08.10.2012, 16:25 

Donate
nyj.gif
Elmagister wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:

Guess so

Omar Kelly says that he will have surgery, not tgat he's had it. He is out tonight vs Tampa.

Also out 2-4 weeks per Jay Glazer

PostPosted: Fri 08.10.2012, 17:19 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18201
Donate
sd.gif
Elmagister wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:

Guess so

This one's not a big deal at all, especially for a QB (as opposed to a RB like TRich whose gonna put tons of stress on his knees every play) simple knee scope to clean up debris... he should be fine going forward, there's still plenty of time until the opener; but missing preseason opens up a chance for Matt Moore or Tannehill to shine in exhibition and win the job (not saying it'll happen, but it's a possibility)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next