FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.31.2014, 04:53

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cam Newton year 2
PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 21:11 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39024
Donate
pit.gif
raynman wrote:
hankrip wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
hankrip wrote:
30 total TD's and 3500-3800 passing yds.

Respectable but he'll be overdrafted off of last yr.

and rushing yards?

You're obviously looking for Cam to suffer a pretty big sophomore slump. I'll disagree. I think 4,700 total yards and 35 total TD's is his floor.

I think his Y/A will be closer to 7 than 8 (was 7.8 in 2011). I think teams will defend the deep ball better vs Cam, forcing him to pick his way down the field. His accuraccy and ability to be consistent will be challenged the way he will be schemed by DC's, resulting in similar passing TD totals (low 20's). Not as many cheapies.

His rushing TD's will regress to the mean and be more like 7-8 rather than 14. So about 30 total TD's. I just don't see him passing for 250yds/gm in 2012. So about 3700 passing yds seems right.
defenses are going to be playing catchup to a 2nd year QB who is going through his first full offseason with his team/coaches. they are going to be scheming against last year's version of cam newton and the panther offense. it's evolving and he's growing.

defenses will have just as much trouble this year as last, probably more, in scheming against him.

If it worked your way defenses would never adapt.

I get Cam is a special talent, but they will force him to throw more stop him from running. I think this helps the rest of the offense, i see stewart being a bigger part of the offense this year. There just not going to not acknoledge he broke the qb rushing td record

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 23:03 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 5506
Donate
car.gif
rugger48 wrote:
raynman wrote:
hankrip wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
hankrip wrote:
30 total TD's and 3500-3800 passing yds.

Respectable but he'll be overdrafted off of last yr.

and rushing yards?

You're obviously looking for Cam to suffer a pretty big sophomore slump. I'll disagree. I think 4,700 total yards and 35 total TD's is his floor.

I think his Y/A will be closer to 7 than 8 (was 7.8 in 2011). I think teams will defend the deep ball better vs Cam, forcing him to pick his way down the field. His accuraccy and ability to be consistent will be challenged the way he will be schemed by DC's, resulting in similar passing TD totals (low 20's). Not as many cheapies.

His rushing TD's will regress to the mean and be more like 7-8 rather than 14. So about 30 total TD's. I just don't see him passing for 250yds/gm in 2012. So about 3700 passing yds seems right.
defenses are going to be playing catchup to a 2nd year QB who is going through his first full offseason with his team/coaches. they are going to be scheming against last year's version of cam newton and the panther offense. it's evolving and he's growing.

defenses will have just as much trouble this year as last, probably more, in scheming against him.

If it worked your way defenses would never adapt.

I get Cam is a special talent, but they will force him to throw more stop him from running. I think this helps the rest of the offense, i see stewart being a bigger part of the offense this year. There just not going to not acknoledge he broke the qb rushing td record

i wasn't talking about the rushing. i was talking about his overall production not taking a hit because of defenses being more prepared for him due to tape from last year. i don't think that will have the effect some/many think it will. last year we saw only a glimpse of what he can do as a QB and what that offense is going to be able to do.

call me a homer or whatever, but from what i've been hearing out of the panthers camp this offseason things are really clicking at a high level and they are far ahead of where they were last year at any point in the season.

PostPosted: Tue 06.19.2012, 14:36 

Sand$: 52229
Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:
Free agent Plaxico Burress insists he's received strong interest this offseason, but he's waiting for the "right fit."
Color us skeptical. Plaxico has made the rounds all offseason, stumping for interest in multiple NFL locales. As of yet, the soon-to-be 35-year-old hasn't made a reported free agent visit. In an interview with a Charlotte radio station, Burress now says the Panthers are his preferred destination due to family ties in the area as well as the opportunity to play with Cam Newton and Steve Smith. We've seen nothing to suggest there's a mutual interest.

Likelihood? Probably not but I'd love it for Cam's value.

Week 9 Bets Posted

PostPosted: Tue 06.19.2012, 16:35 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 37724
Donate
chi.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:
Free agent Plaxico Burress insists he's received strong interest this offseason, but he's waiting for the "right fit."
Color us skeptical. Plaxico has made the rounds all offseason, stumping for interest in multiple NFL locales. As of yet, the soon-to-be 35-year-old hasn't made a reported free agent visit. In an interview with a Charlotte radio station, Burress now says the Panthers are his preferred destination due to family ties in the area as well as the opportunity to play with Cam Newton and Steve Smith. We've seen nothing to suggest there's a mutual interest.

Plax seems like the kind of guy Steve Smith would punch in the face at practice.

PostPosted: Wed 06.20.2012, 07:29 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36742
Donate
car.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:

0 chance unless there's an injury. The word is the love is strong for Lafell.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Wed 06.20.2012, 08:06 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 2568
Donate
dal.gif
Best thing going for Newton is the lack of defense in Carolina. He wil be playing form behind every week and that translate into points.

PostPosted: Wed 06.20.2012, 08:38 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 1804
Donate
This may have been mentioned already... but, I could see a big bump in targets and production from Greg Olsen. Could be a nice pickup.

PostPosted: Wed 06.20.2012, 08:55 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
5XChamps wrote:
Best thing going for Newton is the lack of defense in Carolina. He wil be playing form behind every week and that translate into points.

They won't be as bad as last year. Lots of guys playing that weren't out there last year:

Edwards at DT (Fua/McClain in 2nd year)
Beason/Davis/Kuechly at LB
Hogan/Johnson opposite Gamble with Munnerlyn back to nickel
Nakamura probably replacing Martin at S

I'd expect 5 or 6 new starters with compared to what was starting last year.

They won't be great by any means, but the goal with this D is to be #15 overall. If they can get to simply decent they can gamble and be much more aggressive as this offense should put up plenty of points.

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Wed 06.20.2012, 09:10 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
5XChamps wrote:
if you believe that you weren't really watching or know what happened.

panthers weren't playing from behind last year very often at all. they had the lead most games at half time. the defense choked and blew the leads that cam and the offense had created.

this talk of cam playing from behind last year being the reason for his numbers is talk out collective rumps.

PostPosted: Wed 06.20.2012, 09:24 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
pwbowen wrote:
5XChamps wrote:

They won't be as bad as last year. Lots of guys playing that weren't out there last year:

Edwards at DT (Fua/McClain in 2nd year)
Beason/Davis/Kuechly at LB
Hogan/Johnson opposite Gamble with Munnerlyn back to nickel
Nakamura probably replacing Martin at S

I'd expect 5 or 6 new starters with compared to what was starting last year.

They won't be great by any means, but the goal with this D is to be #15 overall. If they can get to simply decent they can gamble and be much more aggressive as this offense should put up plenty of points.
the defense will be a lot better if they can stay healthy.

don't forget that rivera said he's going to be a lot more involved in the D and we also brought in steve wilks to coach the DBs.

also, word out of the coaches and players is that josh norman has been incredibly impressive. dude could be some serious competition for the starting gig across from gamble. (maybe that's who you mean by johnson?)

also, pass rush should be better. improved push from the interior and greg hardy has gone full hulk. dude's up to 299lbs now and word is that he's still just as fast. the LBs and DBs will be involved in a lot more stunts that will put more pressure on the QB.

just the defense being healthy, esp. beason being back and the defense as a whole having a year in the system will make all the difference in the world. i expect a huge turnaround from last year.

PostPosted: Wed 06.20.2012, 09:25 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 2568
Donate
dal.gif
Hook, line and sinker! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed 06.20.2012, 09:55 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
ugh.

anyway....
1st half: 161/259 62.2% 2071yds 14td
2nd half: 149/258 57.8% 1980yds 7td

Quote:
As [Peter] King points out, Newton threw for more yards last season in the first half of games than in the final two quarters, with 2,071 and 1,980 yards, respectively. Also, Newton threw for only 523 of his rookie-record 4,051 yards when they Panthers trailed by between nine and 16 points.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... am-newton/

Quote:
But here's the problem ... Newton wasn't throwing more from behind. In 2011, Newton threw 256 passes when the Carolina Panthers were playing from behind, completing 150, for 2,040 yards, eight touchdowns and 10 interceptions. When the Panthers were ahead or tied, Newton threw 261 passes, competing 160, for 2,011 yards, 13 touchdowns, and seven picks.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 55028.html

PostPosted: Wed 06.20.2012, 16:00 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39024
Donate
pit.gif
pwbowen wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:

Im not disagreeing here, but are the panthers going into the season with just 3 wrs? I agree I think they like lafell, but after him and smith, is gettis.

PostPosted: Wed 06.20.2012, 22:53 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
rugger48 wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:

Im not disagreeing here, but are the panthers going into the season with just 3 wrs? I agree I think they like lafell, but after him and smith, is gettis.

Joe Adams drafted from Arkansas. They haven't cut Armanti Edwards yet, but I do expect it. Pilares will make the team as a KR and might get some slot time.

Smith/Lafell/Gettis/Adams/Pilares will make the team. At most, they might keep 1 more WR. So, no, there's really not a bunch of just open WR spots waiting for an over-priced, past-prime renta-WR who really won't do anything towards helping them build for the next few years.

PostPosted: Thu 06.21.2012, 10:29 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
pwbowen wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:

Joe Adams drafted from Arkansas. They haven't cut Armanti Edwards yet, but I do expect it. Pilares will make the team as a KR and might get some slot time.

Smith/Lafell/Gettis/Adams/Pilares will make the team. At most, they might keep 1 more WR. So, no, there's really not a bunch of just open WR spots waiting for an over-priced, past-prime renta-WR who really won't do anything towards helping them build for the next few years.
can't forget that they will have olsen (who is going to be their #2 target) and barnidge as well as williams, stewart, and tolbert (who they have been lining up some in a receiver slot in practices among other things).

still also uncertain whether or not they bring back shockey, tho it's unlikely unless he comes down on his price.

they will probably go with 6 WRs on the 53 man roster. smitty, lafell (who the team and rivera love and fully believe he's wrapped up the #2 spot), and then the competition for the WR3 spot between gettis, pilares, adams, and edwards...all of whom will most likely be on the roster.

4th receiver will probably be behind smitty, olsen, lafell, williams/stewart, tolbert, WR3, and barnidge on the check down list.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next