FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 10.23.2014, 16:18

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon 06.18.2012, 16:18 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 23182
Donate
det.gif
i'm sure many of you know about brian banks and his current quest to have a career in the NFL. if you don't, this is a man who while in high school was accused of raping a girl. he was an elite college prospect at the time. he maintained his innocence steadfastly, but upon the advice of his lawyers pleaded no contest rather than face the possibility of 40+ years in jail. he served a 5 year sentence and upon release was required to register as a sex offender and wear a GPS monitoring device. recently, upon admission from his accuser that she had lied, he was exonerated of all charges. he is currently training and trying out with many teams around the league in an attempt to make his once lost dreams come true. he is also trying to get a documentary of his story made. he is currently about $20,000 short of the money he needs to make this documentary a reality and has 10 days to raise it. i just donated to his cause and i encourage you to do the same. i'm also hoping he gets a shot to make a team this year. if you're interested in donating, even $1, here is the link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/168 ... anks-story

i figured the tank would be as good a place as any to find some people that are willing to help him tell his story. if this needs to be moved to general, so be it. i'm of the opinion it doesn't; it's NFL related. i'm also of the opinion than many more people will see this in main rather than general.

thanks.

PostPosted: Mon 06.18.2012, 16:24 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
det.gif
link to a good article re: his story:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/rising-footbal ... 9-cQfXueSo

PostPosted: Mon 06.18.2012, 16:51 

Sand$: 56345
Donate
nyj.gif
Thanks for the link GDMK. I've been following this story pretty closely.

He's tried out with a few teams so far and I believe he already has a training camp invite from the Seahawks (coached by Carroll who of course was the USC coach when Banks signed a letter of intent). But there's a couple other teams out there lining him up for a tryout.

There's been no shortage of trainers and former coaches donating their time to help get him into football shape. He's now working out with Jay Glazer and his MMA style sessions that plenty of current NFL Players cite as helpful to their training regimen. He's reportedly running a 4.69/40 and admittingly has a long way to go, but he's easy to root for.

4 games left - Week 8 Bets Posted

PostPosted: Mon 06.18.2012, 21:57 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1719
Donate
cin.gif
Good luck to Brian Banks.

So......what happens to the girl/woman? Anyone heard? I didn't see anything about it in the news story posted. She potentially destroyed this guy's career, she better get arrested for something.....

PostPosted: Tue 06.19.2012, 08:15 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 117891
Donate
min.gif
bunnywafer wrote:
Good luck to Brian Banks.

So......what happens to the girl/woman? Anyone heard? I didn't see anything about it in the news story posted. She potentially destroyed this guy's career, she better get arrested for something.....

^ that

and last I heard word was the Vikes were talking about bringing him in for a work-out last Friday but I hadn't read anything since

PostPosted: Tue 06.19.2012, 11:38 

Sand$: 56345
Donate
nyj.gif
bunnywafer wrote:

I heard she came clean because the statue of limitations had expired. Since this incident was to happen on school grounds, the state settled a lawsuit for $1 Million over this at the time.

I'm assuming Banks just wants to concentrate on regaining his NFL future, but once that's over, I would suspect a civil suit would be in order. Not sure.

4 games left - Week 8 Bets Posted

PostPosted: Tue 06.19.2012, 14:57 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1171
Donate
nyg.gif
Sad story. DA needs to pursue this false accusation.

I found a link that has the video of her confession. Its unbelievable. Don't know what world she's from.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/08/brian-banks-accuser-caugh_n_1581605.html

RB: McCoy*; Charles*; Bradshaw; D. Martin*
WR: Cruz*; Julio*; Blackmon ; Cobb
TE: Pettigrew*
K: Janik*
DEF: Sea; Cin*
IDP: Dqwell*

PostPosted: Thu 06.21.2012, 17:23 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
det.gif
he made it!! $20K in 4 days! awesome. if you donated, even $1, thank you.