FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 08.27.2014, 18:01

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat 08.04.2012, 18:16 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13359
Donate
rugger48 wrote:
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
I never said anything about Meacham other than he hasn't produced much in his career.

Quote:
Meacham is a proven underachiever.

all Im asking is go look at his targets for the past 3 years and see what he has done with the chances he has had. In the NO offense they spread the ball with alot of mismatch type sets, the reason for sproles success last year. meachem was the 3-5 option on that offense and he was really only getting asked to do mostly one thing. Now he has the chance to expand his game, in an offense that has a better than average qb and other players to worry about.

was he an underacheiver? or just not given the chance to do more?

PPR wr3?

OK, now we're on civil ground. I appreciate that.

I do watch football, I follow it. I know what's going on.

So I know what you're saying it true: he hasn't received a lot of targets. He's been effective in the role he was asked to play in N.O.

Does he have potential? Sure. Is he talented? Yes.

But we don't know that he can be a #1 WR on his own team because he's never done it. If you want to surmise that he will do it in the future, fine.

He might be a legit fantasy WR3 this year. But I need to see it first. I've seen it with Wayne. He's only 33. He can still get open and he catches anything put in his range. I trust him more than Meacham to put up consistent WR3 numbers. That's just me.

If Meacham blows up for you and outproduces his draft value, congrats. But he'll never be on any of my teams because someone will always reach for his name and his talent and his potential.

Now, would I take him if he dropped to the end of the 9th round and I already had 4-5 WRs? Sure, because that would be fair value. I'm not going to pick him at 83 or 86 because I think I can get better value on another player.

Cutler, Russell
LeSean, Pierre, Lamar, West, Hill, Starks
Alshon, Cruz, Cordy, Wallace, Cooks, Streater, Douglas, Latimer, Richardson
Cameron
TBD

Keepers: Cordy, Cutler

PostPosted: Sat 08.04.2012, 21:03 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39420
Donate
pit.gif
rugger48 wrote:
I never said anything about Meacham other than he hasn't produced much in his career.

Quote:

all Im asking is go look at his targets for the past 3 years and see what he has done with the chances he has had. In the NO offense they spread the ball with alot of mismatch type sets, the reason for sproles success last year. meachem was the 3-5 option on that offense and he was really only getting asked to do mostly one thing. Now he has the chance to expand his game, in an offense that has a better than average qb and other players to worry about.

was he an underacheiver? or just not given the chance to do more?

PPR wr3?

OK, now we're on civil ground. I appreciate that.

I do watch football, I follow it. I know what's going on.

So I know what you're saying it true: he hasn't received a lot of targets. He's been effective in the role he was asked to play in N.O.

Does he have potential? Sure. Is he talented? Yes.

But we don't know that he can be a #1 WR on his own team because he's never done it. If you want to surmise that he will do it in the future, fine.

He might be a legit fantasy WR3 this year. But I need to see it first. I've seen it with Wayne. He's only 33. He can still get open and he catches anything put in his range. I trust him more than Meacham to put up consistent WR3 numbers. That's just me.

If Meacham blows up for you and outproduces his draft value, congrats. But he'll never be on any of my teams because someone will always reach for his name and his talent and his potential.

Now, would I take him if he dropped to the end of the 9th round and I already had 4-5 WRs? Sure, because that would be fair value. I'm not going to pick him at 83 or 86 because I think I can get better value on another player.

I like wayne, for austin collie and the run game. he will be 34 this season, different offense with the HC defensive minded. He will see double coverage from the first snap iof game 1, I am curious how a rookie deals with that. Does he hit the other receiver or his TE? or try and force it into double coverage, I think waynes at the point in his career where he can drop off in the next 1-3 seasons, it happen to alot of wrs at this point.

I dnt like his upside as much as like the 3 I mentioned in original post. I admit this is where Im could be very wrong.

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 07:41 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 1122
Donate
tb.gif
Decker

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 09:00 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 37442
Donate
chi.gif
rugger48 wrote:

I like wayne, for austin collie and the run game. he will be 34 this season, different offense with the HC defensive minded. He will see double coverage from the first snap iof game 1, I am curious how a rookie deals with that. Does he hit the other receiver or his TE? or try and force it into double coverage, I think waynes at the point in his career where he can drop off in the next 1-3 seasons, it happen to alot of wrs at this point.

I dnt like his upside as much as like the 3 I mentioned in original post. I admit this is where Im could be very wrong.

Those seem like a lot of the same arguments that were made against Steve Smith last season. He did alright.

In cases like these, I'm much more willing to trust a proven veteran coming off a down year than a young guy who hasn't accomplished anything at all yet.

I like Meachem's talent, and I like his fantasy potential long term. But I don't like his chances of outproducing, or even coming close to matching, Wayne this season.

PostPosted: Mon 08.06.2012, 08:18 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18277
Donate
sd.gif
Top 10 potential? He's asking about a WR3!

Wayne is a proven PPR producer.

He's underachieved thus far, true. But be careful branding him so soon... he's getting his first change in scenery of his career, and he was expendable in NO. I think he fits SD's game plan much better, and I'm optimistic he'll be better utilized than in NO. He's also developing a lot of buzz during TC for his chemistry w/ Rivers.

That said, in PPR Reggie Wayne is easily the safer pick this year

PostPosted: Mon 08.06.2012, 22:42 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1884
Donate
atl.gif
#3 WR Targets

Malcom Floyd... 8 year pro and he's always played second fiddle to V-Jax. 6-5. 225lbs. Good report with Rivers and isn't a dumbass.

Anquan Bolden... low adp for a WR that gets a ton of playing time. He kinda fell out of favor with a lot of owners with only 3 TDs and a season ending injury. He could easily bounce back.

A Raider WR... Palmer is going to sling it this year and one/some of the speedsters will go nuts (Moore, DHY, Ford). No TE catching passes. When McFadden gets hurt (and he will), WRs will rake.

TE - Vernon Davis, Andrew Quarless
D - Seattle
K - Nick Novak