FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 04.18.2014, 08:46

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Start of season
PostPosted: Mon 06.18.2012, 22:06 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.26.2003, 13:03
Posts: 14476
Sand$: 37320
Donate
Location: At the bar, getting a Bell's Amber Ale
chi.gif
Budmonsan wrote:
hard 10 wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:
Same here... Look what he did to the wizards and now he's taking the bobcats down.... I'm still suffering from what isiah has done to the knicks... These friggen former super stars really know how to destroy a franchise! :lol:


Jordan, Isaiah, Elgin Baylor... most former greats suck at running the show from the office.
Larry Bird and Jerry West are are the only former superstars who haven't been completely incompetent when in charge.


Yeah I remember yrs ago someone saying that the greatest atheletes can't coach because they just had the talent to perform but simply can't teach it.


I always just assumed that the true greats were simply incapable of understanding when talented players failed to live up to their ability. They don't ever fully grasp that the part of their brains that keeps them in the gym for an extra 3 hours doesn't exist in everyone.
They can evaluate skills, but not players, because it seems unnatural for an immensely talented player to not be insanely driven and obsessed with getting better.

_________________
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Start of season
PostPosted: Sat 06.23.2012, 15:34 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 12.31.2004, 13:51
Posts: 59635
Sand$: 279054
Donate
Location: A Mile High in Trans City!
den.gif
hard 10 wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:
hard 10 wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:
Same here... Look what he did to the wizards and now he's taking the bobcats down.... I'm still suffering from what isiah has done to the knicks... These friggen former super stars really know how to destroy a franchise! :lol:


Jordan, Isaiah, Elgin Baylor... most former greats suck at running the show from the office.
Larry Bird and Jerry West are are the only former superstars who haven't been completely incompetent when in charge.


Yeah I remember yrs ago someone saying that the greatest atheletes can't coach because they just had the talent to perform but simply can't teach it.


I always just assumed that the true greats were simply incapable of understanding when talented players failed to live up to their ability. They don't ever fully grasp that the part of their brains that keeps them in the gym for an extra 3 hours doesn't exist in everyone.
They can evaluate skills, but not players, because it seems unnatural for an immensely talented player to not be insanely driven and obsessed with getting better.


You make solid points.

_________________
Image Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Start of season
PostPosted: Tue 07.03.2012, 18:09 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 12.31.2004, 13:51
Posts: 59635
Sand$: 279054
Donate
Location: A Mile High in Trans City!
den.gif
We need a 2012/2013 thread but I don't feel like strting it.

In any event, I hear that since Toronto offered fields a deal, even if they Knicks match, they can't trade him so in order for them to get Nash, they would have to deal shumpert.

I really hope they don't trade him for Nash. It would really be a bonehead move.

_________________
Image Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Start of season
PostPosted: Tue 07.03.2012, 21:04 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Wed 12.07.2005, 14:23
Posts: 23375
Sand$: 37914
Donate
Location: Port-of-Spain
nyj.gif
Budmonsan wrote:
We need a 2012/2013 thread but I don't feel like strting it.

In any event, I hear that since Toronto offered fields a deal, even if they Knicks match, they can't trade him so in order for them to get Nash, they would have to deal shumpert.

I really hope they don't trade him for Nash. It would really be a bonehead move.


nash is a FA isnt he?

_________________
DISCLAIMER


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Start of season
PostPosted: Thu 07.05.2012, 18:30 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 12.31.2004, 13:51
Posts: 59635
Sand$: 279054
Donate
Location: A Mile High in Trans City!
den.gif
jetsman2806 wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:
We need a 2012/2013 thread but I don't feel like strting it.

In any event, I hear that since Toronto offered fields a deal, even if they Knicks match, they can't trade him so in order for them to get Nash, they would have to deal shumpert.

I really hope they don't trade him for Nash. It would really be a bonehead move.


nash is a FA isnt he?


Yeah which is why I thought it was weird that they were talking about a trade. But I only caught part of story...

_________________
Image Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Start of season
PostPosted: Thu 07.05.2012, 18:30 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 12.31.2004, 13:51
Posts: 59635
Sand$: 279054
Donate
Location: A Mile High in Trans City!
den.gif
Kidd coming to the Knicks! :D

_________________
Image Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Start of season
PostPosted: Thu 07.05.2012, 20:37 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.26.2003, 13:03
Posts: 14476
Sand$: 37320
Donate
Location: At the bar, getting a Bell's Amber Ale
chi.gif
Budmonsan wrote:
Kidd coming to the Knicks! :D


And all the PG's in the Eastern conference are cheering.

_________________
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Start of season
PostPosted: Fri 07.06.2012, 18:50 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 12.31.2004, 13:51
Posts: 59635
Sand$: 279054
Donate
Location: A Mile High in Trans City!
den.gif
hard 10 wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:
Kidd coming to the Knicks! :D


And all the PG's in the Eastern conference are cheering.


Veteran leadership can not be underestimated!

_________________
Image Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Start of season
PostPosted: Fri 07.06.2012, 20:40 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.26.2003, 13:03
Posts: 14476
Sand$: 37320
Donate
Location: At the bar, getting a Bell's Amber Ale
chi.gif
Budmonsan wrote:
hard 10 wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:
Kidd coming to the Knicks! :D


And all the PG's in the Eastern conference are cheering.


Veteran leadership can not be underestimated!


Neither can a complete inability to guard quick guards.

Leadership only matters when those "leaders" can still play. The 7th best player on a team is rarely a team leader. *


*7 was just a number picked at random to emphasize how different the current version of Kidd is from the great PG he was several years ago. That number is not meant to suggest that there are 6 other quality players on the Knicks roster.

_________________
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Start of season
PostPosted: Sat 07.07.2012, 08:14 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 09.11.2008, 16:47
Posts: 4133
Sand$: 2268
Donate
Location: DMV
was.gif
Maybe they brought him in to teach Linn? Someone to help run that offense and explain to Melo the ball can't always stop at him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Start of season
PostPosted: Sun 07.08.2012, 20:37 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 12.31.2004, 13:51
Posts: 59635
Sand$: 279054
Donate
Location: A Mile High in Trans City!
den.gif
He's not going to play a ton of minutes and most likely won't even be starting... He's there for the final 4 minutes of close games!

_________________
Image Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Start of season
PostPosted: Thu 07.12.2012, 20:04 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 12.31.2004, 13:51
Posts: 59635
Sand$: 279054
Donate
Location: A Mile High in Trans City!
den.gif
Anyone wTching this exebition game? There's nothing opelse on so I'm checking it out.

_________________
Image Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Start of season
PostPosted: Thu 07.12.2012, 21:31 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 09.11.2008, 16:47
Posts: 4133
Sand$: 2268
Donate
Location: DMV
was.gif
Budmonsan wrote:
Anyone wTching this exebition game? There's nothing opelse on so I'm checking it out.

Forgot about it. Just turned it on in the 3rd. Anything exciting?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Start of season
PostPosted: Fri 07.13.2012, 00:45 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 08.11.2006, 23:08
Posts: 27095
Sand$: 84961
Donate
Location: Shark Tank - Supreme Mega #19
oak.gif
Budmonsan wrote:
Anyone wTching this exebition game? There's nothing opelse on so I'm checking it out.

Are you drunk? :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Start of season
PostPosted: Fri 07.13.2012, 20:35 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 12.31.2004, 13:51
Posts: 59635
Sand$: 279054
Donate
Location: A Mile High in Trans City!
den.gif
SnakeStabler wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:
Anyone wTching this exebition game? There's nothing opelse on so I'm checking it out.

Are you drunk? :lol:


No, the family wasn't home and I was bored... But they came home about 5 minutes into the game and I turned it off... Saw the score this morning... Not surprised.

_________________
Image Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group