17 days away from hockey season
Here's how I predict the WCHA this year:
1. Denver - Even without their goalie, I expect DU to be right up there at the top
--- I think spots 2-5 will be very close, a lot of teams have questions, but all of the teams I have 2-5 have to potential to be very very good. ---
2. UMD - Lost a lot, but they aren't left with a bare cupboard
3. UND - Lots of questions here, lost 7 of their 8 top scorers, but I expect them to have a pretty good season regardless
4. Minnesota - I think we will be in the top third of the league this year. I think Hill gone and Guentzel in will make a BIG impact, Pride on Ice returns to Minnesota with a return to the tournament after an unacceptable drought.
5. Colorado College - They will probably have one of the best lines in college hockey, their depth is a question, though.
6. UNO - Blais will have a good squad and get home ice.
7. Wisconsin - Bucky might have a tough year, I'm not in love with their squad.
8. SCSU - I think I picked them second in the league last year. No idea where to put them this year. They have a good core of upperclassmen so it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them in the top half when all is said and done.
9. UAA - They have actually looked solid at times under Shyiak
10. Mankato - Just don't have the talent this year to compete
11. Bemidji St. - Goaltending is solid, might bump them up a spot or two if their tender/s can get hot.
12. Michigan Tech - It's Tech.