FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 10.20.2014, 19:31

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Scott Pachman
PostPosted: Fri 06.24.2011, 08:01 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36378
Donate
car.gif
OilersNut wrote:
He is looking at it from the fantasy football side of it not the NFL game side of it that you are so it is possible that both of you are "right"

On plus side, it should kill the rules where whole lineup is locked at first game instead of each player locked at game time. 8)

If they made it thru the last couple years without changing that one then it's probably too late. :wink:

It may add more games to watch for non-Sunday Ticket subscribers, but there's no "more football" either real or fantasy going on that I can tell.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Fri 06.24.2011, 08:29 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9066
Donate
oak.gif
IslesGuru wrote:
WOW!! You do realize that the expression "the more football, the better" can also refer to number of days it is played and does not necessarily mean more games, right?

Let's check out this link and see if others agree: http://forums.rotoworld.com/lofiversion ... 03659.html

endzoneview writes: "I like the Thursday/Saturday games. More football the better." Scroll down a bit and Krono87 writes: The more football, the better. (with a smiley face). Scroll down more and Hawk writes: "More games the better, but shouldn't be just NFL Network." Scroll down more and Headchopper writes "The more days out of the week with a game, the better."

I looking forward to your rebuttal.

I don't like the negative fantasy impact of this and am not that excited over a likely-watered-down Thurs. night matchup from an NFL POV. Additionally, I see this possibly being more harmful to the players for the obvious reasons, which would have an obvious negative fantasy impact. A "Wash", surely, since it's relative (all teams playing on Thurs. at some point) but suckiness nonetheless.

Again, I don't see the whole "More Football" angle either, but that's beating a dead horse and the world has enough Alpo.

I just disagree that this is particularly good from a fantasy perspective.

There's really nothing to rebut: The injury-lineup-Fantasy perspective isn't arguable, it's reality and...if you like more Thurs. Night games, that's not rebutt-able either - that's a reality as well (millions of fans agree).

PostPosted: Fri 06.24.2011, 08:41 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 869
Donate
Blzbba wrote:
IslesGuru wrote:
WOW!! You do realize that the expression "the more football, the better" can also refer to number of days it is played and does not necessarily mean more games, right?

Let's check out this link and see if others agree: http://forums.rotoworld.com/lofiversion ... 03659.html

endzoneview writes: "I like the Thursday/Saturday games. More football the better." Scroll down a bit and Krono87 writes: The more football, the better. (with a smiley face). Scroll down more and Hawk writes: "More games the better, but shouldn't be just NFL Network." Scroll down more and Headchopper writes "The more days out of the week with a game, the better."

I looking forward to your rebuttal.

I don't like the negative fantasy impact of this and am not that excited over a likely-watered-down Thurs. night matchup from an NFL POV. Additionally, I see this possibly being more harmful to the players for the obvious reasons, which would have an obvious negative fantasy impact. A "Wash", surely, since it's relative (all teams playing on Thurs. at some point) but suckiness nonetheless.

Again, I don't see the whole "More Football" angle either, but that's beating a dead horse and the world has enough Alpo.

I just disagree that this is particularly good from a fantasy perspective.

There's really nothing to rebut: The injury-lineup-Fantasy perspective isn't arguable, it's reality and...if you like more Thurs. Night games, that's not rebutt-able either - that's a reality as well (millions of fans agree).

Agreed.

PostPosted: Fri 06.24.2011, 17:31 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9066
Donate
oak.gif
IslesGuru wrote:
Blzbba wrote:

Agreed.

High Five!

PostPosted: Fri 06.24.2011, 23:00 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36378
Donate
car.gif
Blzbba wrote:
IslesGuru wrote:
Blzbba wrote:

Agreed.

High Five!

Looks more like a painfully hoisted two.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6