User avatar
Leopard Shark
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007
Sand$: 427.00
Steve Slaton listed among the always-start studs. Seriously? I particularly like that the WW article beginning with "Things can't get any worse for Steve Slaton owners." can be found just down the page from the list declaring Slaton as a stud.

I've never thought this start/bench had any real credibility, for a number of reasons, but come on... at least make it look respectable.
_______________________________________

-Flacco/Palmer
-Chris Johnson/Ronnie Brown/Ricky W/Bradshaw
-Andre/Colston/DJax/Sims-Walker/A Gonz
-Dallas Clark
-Pats D
____
Free auction draft software at www.FFLiveAuction.com
Tiger Shark
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006
Sand$: 759.00
I know! I love it how they have the start/bench articles and then look at the projections and they state the opposite information. Come on!
_______________________________________

QB/Brees
Wr/D.Jax,Percy H., Cribbs,S.Smith (Car.)
RB/Thomas Jones,C.Johnson,P.Thomas,Jamal C.
TE/Gates
K/Rob B.
Def./Broncos
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4515
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005
Sand$: 27,074.86
Seriously. Why openly bash a respected contributor to this site? It's one guys' opinion who, happens to be a different person from Doug's who wrote the waiver wire article. It's for entertainment purposes anyways, not law. If you don't like the info they have, don't read it.

IBTM.
_______________________________________

No championships in 2015. Sweet.
User avatar
Leopard Shark
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007
Sand$: 427.00
This Start/Bench list is incomplete and poorly put together, week in week out (no opinion on Ronnie this week? Flacco? LT2? Addai? Brandon Marshall? John Carlson?. . . ) Heck, I've seen it posted with the previous week's matchups still listed.

I can't speak for others, but I'm not bashing anyone. Rather, I'm pointing out that what could be a valuable service/resource for readers of this site seldom is. The idea being that perhaps the weekly Start/Bench list can be improved.
_______________________________________

-Flacco/Palmer
-Chris Johnson/Ronnie Brown/Ricky W/Bradshaw
-Andre/Colston/DJax/Sims-Walker/A Gonz
-Dallas Clark
-Pats D
____
Free auction draft software at www.FFLiveAuction.com
Great White Shark
Posts: 8302
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004
Sand$: 41,135.50
goro wrote: The idea being that perhaps the weekly Start/Bench list can be improved.



The only way you could improve Ron Anish is if you put scars all over his face, so the rest of us could have a chance with the women.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4515
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005
Sand$: 27,074.86
goro wrote:I can't speak for others, but I'm not bashing anyone. Rather, I'm pointing out that what could be a valuable service/resource for readers of this site seldom is. The idea being that perhaps the weekly Start/Bench list can be improved.

In which case this thread belongs here:

http://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

if you have issue with the tank, there's your forum for it.
_______________________________________

No championships in 2015. Sweet.
User avatar
Leopard Shark
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007
Sand$: 427.00
Yes indeed. My apologies; I overlooked that forum. Please to move.
_______________________________________

-Flacco/Palmer
-Chris Johnson/Ronnie Brown/Ricky W/Bradshaw
-Andre/Colston/DJax/Sims-Walker/A Gonz
-Dallas Clark
-Pats D
____
Free auction draft software at www.FFLiveAuction.com
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 37145
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004
Sand$: 8,985.85
goro wrote:This Start/Bench list is incomplete and poorly put together, week in week out (no opinion on Ronnie this week? Flacco? LT2? Addai? Brandon Marshall? John Carlson?. . . ) Heck, I've seen it posted with the previous week's matchups still listed.

I can't speak for others, but I'm not bashing anyone. Rather, I'm pointing out that what could be a valuable service/resource for readers of this site seldom is. The idea being that perhaps the weekly Start/Bench list can be improved.


I pointed out a month or so ago that "greg Jennings is no longer 'stud' material" in a polite message in that forum.

The next week, Jennings no longer appeared on the 'stud' list. Anish does pay attention to feedback and probably just made an error on Slaton here.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 9930
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007
Sand$: 21,569.64
Blzbba wrote:
goro wrote:This Start/Bench list is incomplete and poorly put together, week in week out (no opinion on Ronnie this week? Flacco? LT2? Addai? Brandon Marshall? John Carlson?. . . ) Heck, I've seen it posted with the previous week's matchups still listed.

I can't speak for others, but I'm not bashing anyone. Rather, I'm pointing out that what could be a valuable service/resource for readers of this site seldom is. The idea being that perhaps the weekly Start/Bench list can be improved.


I pointed out a month or so ago that "greg Jennings is no longer 'stud' material" in a polite message in that forum.

The next week, Jennings no longer appeared on the 'stud' list. Anish does pay attention to feedback and probably just made an error on Slaton here.


Yea, probably an error.

Gotta give it up to him, it's not easy to proclaim who's a stud and who's not to a tank full of sharks the majority of whom are biased towards the players they own on their fantasy teams. :wink:
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 27236
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003
Sand$: 4,298.54
goro wrote:Steve Slaton listed among the always-start studs. Seriously? I particularly like that the WW article beginning with "Things can't get any worse for Steve Slaton owners." can be found just down the page from the list declaring Slaton as a stud.

I've never thought this start/bench had any real credibility, for a number of reasons, but come on... at least make it look respectable.


This belongs in article feedback.

And I think reports of Steve Slaton's demise have been greatly exaggerated. Moats performed against the worst run defense in the NFL. Slaton had one carry.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Blue Shark
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu Dec 9, 2004
Sand$: 510.00
goro wrote:This Start/Bench list is incomplete and poorly put together, week in week out (no opinion on Ronnie this week? Flacco? LT2? Addai? Brandon Marshall? John Carlson?. . . ) Heck, I've seen it posted with the previous week's matchups still listed.

I can't speak for others, but I'm not bashing anyone. Rather, I'm pointing out that what could be a valuable service/resource for readers of this site seldom is. The idea being that perhaps the weekly Start/Bench list can be improved.


I'm not bashing anyone, but the size of your avatar can be improved.

:thumbright:
Leopard Shark
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005
Sand$: 268.00
Yea Moats should take Slaton's job in the studs list.... :roll:

Watch Slaton blowup this week, just watch.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 15588
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004
Sand$: 10,379.76
I hate to jump in and play bad cop as well, but goro is right. the article contradicts itself and having something like that as a featured article for FS starts to speak volumes on the quality of info that FS is providing.

Having Slaton listed as a ASYS, but starting the same article with "things can't get any worse for Slaton" is a contradictory statement, plain and simple. I'm not picking on R.Anish....I'd call out any contributor on any fantasy site if they did the same thing.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 44494
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 43,288.22
DigitalDominators wrote:Seriously. Why openly bash a respected contributor to this site? It's one guys' opinion who, happens to be a different person from Doug's who wrote the waiver wire article. It's for entertainment purposes anyways, not law. If you don't like the info they have, don't read it.

IBTM.


If this type of article bothers someone why not start their own? I'm sure we can find issues with any article to complain about with any projections.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4515
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005
Sand$: 27,074.86
pwbowen wrote:
DigitalDominators wrote:Seriously. Why openly bash a respected contributor to this site? It's one guys' opinion who, happens to be a different person from Doug's who wrote the waiver wire article. It's for entertainment purposes anyways, not law. If you don't like the info they have, don't read it.

IBTM.


If this type of article bothers someone why not start their own? I'm sure we can find issues with any article to complain about with any projections.


bingo!
_______________________________________

No championships in 2015. Sweet.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest