FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 11.26.2014, 05:00

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon 08.22.2011, 18:02 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 28142
Donate
chi.gif
I live in Texas, have for 30+ years, and that's insulting and embarrassing. Knock it off.

PostPosted: Mon 08.22.2011, 19:00 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15767
Donate
gballs1 wrote:
I live in Texas, have for 30+ years, and that's insulting and embarrassing. Knock it off.

I thought he had some good insights, good arguments and good points. I get it was a bit too folksy for some (me included) and particularly to those fine folk perhaps in the lone star state.

My :twocents:?

1) Avoid the cliches if what your writing about is worthwhile, itll keep our attention just fine. We're all just addicts at the end of the day, we don't care how the fix comes provided its worth the wait :)
2) Thats about it.

Remember its all a learning curve and i look fwds to his next piece :)

PostPosted: Tue 08.23.2011, 09:38 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 37908
Donate
car.gif
Ugh. The article wasn't the worst or anything but the schtick really made it impossible to get through. Hopefully he drops it and we can see from here on what he's really working on.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Tue 08.23.2011, 15:03 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1419
Donate
phi.gif
TONY:

Please take The Lone RANGER out back and shoot him! This was the worst piece of trash article I've ever read! Big time miss for FantasySharks... While you are at take Keith Jordan out back and dispose of him too!

qb: Culter, Cousins

rb: McCoy, Charles, E. Lacy, Vereen,Todman

wr: B Marsh, D.Thomas, D Jax, K.Allen,Crab

te: J. Thomas

k: Bailey

def: Det
., Phi

PostPosted: Tue 08.23.2011, 15:17 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3167
Donate
atl.gif
timiglide007 wrote:
TONY:

Please take The Lone RANGER out back and shoot him! This was the worst piece of trash article I've ever read! Big time miss for FantasySharks... While you are at take Keith Jordan out back and dispose of him too!

No need to be a turd. It's a free-site. I'm sure there are some other options out there.

PostPosted: Tue 08.23.2011, 15:48 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1419
Donate
phi.gif
jdferguson07 wrote:
timiglide007 wrote:
TONY:

No need to be a turd. It's a free-site. I'm sure there are some other options out there.
I apologize, it's just that I will never get back the 6 minutes I wasted reading those articles. I get that its a free site but that's not an excuse to allow this type of crap to be published. This site has a great reputation, and solid list of A+ contributors, and I guess I let my disgust take over a bit. However, these two guys are not what I expect from this site.

qb: Culter, Cousins

rb: McCoy, Charles, E. Lacy, Vereen,Todman

wr: B Marsh, D.Thomas, D Jax, K.Allen,Crab

te: J. Thomas

k: Bailey

def: Det
., Phi

PostPosted: Tue 08.23.2011, 15:58 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
timiglide007 wrote:
jdferguson07 wrote:
timiglide007 wrote:
TONY:

I apologize, it's just that I will never get back the 6 minutes I wasted reading those articles. I get that its a free site but that's not an excuse to allow this type of crap to be published. This site has a great reputation, and solid list of A+ contributors, and I guess I let my disgust take over a bit. However, these two guys are not what I expect from this site.

You could always submit something. I didn't mind the article much except for the schtick. I think if that's set aside he could do a fine job.

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Tue 08.23.2011, 16:12 
Chum

Sand$: 12
Donate
min.gif
pwbowen wrote:
You could always submit something. I didn't mind the article much except for the schtick. I think if that's set aside he could do a fine job.

Note to self: less crap, more quality content. Got it guys. Thanks for the feedback. It's ment to be an entertainment piece and some of you just weren't that entertained. I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm trying to make it something different from the same old, boring, run of the mill fantasy articles out there. I'd be happy to hear any suggestions for content that you'd like to see. Please realize that writting an original article in the fantasy football community isn't as easy as it seems.

PostPosted: Tue 08.23.2011, 16:46 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
TheLoneFantasyRanger wrote:
pwbowen wrote:

Note to self: less crap, more quality content. Got it guys. Thanks for the feedback. It's ment to be an entertainment piece and some of you just weren't that entertained. I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm trying to make it something different from the same old, boring, run of the mill fantasy articles out there. I'd be happy to hear any suggestions for content that you'd like to see. Please realize that writting an original article in the fantasy football community isn't as easy as it seems.

Agreed.

I'd suggest just look at CBS-Sportsline and do the opposite. That way you can be entertained AND correct.

I appreciate the effort and will try to remember there's a front page with articles and read 'em. And yes, we are these guys:

PostPosted: Tue 08.23.2011, 18:06 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10612
Donate
phi.gif
Schtick aside, there was some decent info in there. Certainly confirms my thinking on MJD this year.

I do have to admit a bias here though, as the guy who came up with the name, I do want to see it do well.

PostPosted: Wed 08.24.2011, 13:39 
Chum

Donate
min.gif
Ok, I've submitted another article. It should be up in the next few days. Less crap, lots more content. I hope you enjoy this one more.

PostPosted: Thu 08.25.2011, 20:58 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4476
Donate
atl.gif
I assume the article we're discussing is "The Big D, and I don't mean Dallas"? If so, if I may... a dissenting opinion from those above.

I loved the article. Did anyone read Matthew Berry's "More Love than Hate" on ESPN? Here it is... if you want to spend the time to read a very well written article.
http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=NFLDK2K11tmrlovehate

If you actually took the time to read it from beginning to end, over a cup of coffee or on a hot day when you're sitting around enjoying the approaching season, it was brilliant! If you just wanted fantasy info and take two minutes doing it, you could scroll a third of the way down the page and miss most of the humor and backstory, and get a look at *yawn, just another cheatsheet and a list of players.

It's an article, folks. Not a cheatsheet. Not just a bar graph, or a spreadsheet, or a pie chart, or another list of which list is the best list to be listened to. He could have just said "take Arizona in the last round LOL", call it an article, and you'd complain about that too. Chill out. Enjoy the reading. Pick up a book on the way home too if you need practice reading more than a sentence. Your fantasy could use a break from reality.

I guess I'm done with my rant now. I don't think any of the people who had a problem with the length of the article would have read it all anyway.

To Curt - I'm curious - looking at the chart, Washington and St Louis really jump out at me. Why do they make the green? I have Arizona on my Shark Leagues team so I spent some time studying them, but what gives with those two? And thumbs up on the article. If that's your style, let it be your style ffs. You can't make everyone happy all the time. I appreciate your insight.

I am WAY more humble than all of you.
Member SHAG (Shark Help Advice Guild) http://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=253662

PostPosted: Thu 08.25.2011, 21:58 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
datacore wrote:
I assume the article we're discussing is "The Big D, and I don't mean Dallas"? If so, if I may... a dissenting opinion from those above.

I loved the article. Did anyone read Matthew Berry's "More Love than Hate" on ESPN? Here it is... if you want to spend the time to read a very well written article.
http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=NFLDK2K11tmrlovehate

If you actually took the time to read it from beginning to end, over a cup of coffee or on a hot day when you're sitting around enjoying the approaching season, it was brilliant! If you just wanted fantasy info and take two minutes doing it, you could scroll a third of the way down the page and miss most of the humor and backstory, and get a look at *yawn, just another cheatsheet and a list of players.

It's an article, folks. Not a cheatsheet. Not just a bar graph, or a spreadsheet, or a pie chart, or another list of which list is the best list to be listened to. He could have just said "take Arizona in the last round LOL", call it an article, and you'd complain about that too. Chill out. Enjoy the reading. Pick up a book on the way home too if you need practice reading more than a sentence. Your fantasy could use a break from reality.

I guess I'm done with my rant now. I don't think any of the people who had a problem with the length of the article would have read it all anyway.

To Curt - I'm curious - looking at the chart, Washington and St Louis really jump out at me. Why do they make the green? I have Arizona on my Shark Leagues team so I spent some time studying them, but what gives with those two? And thumbs up on the article. If that's your style, let it be your style ffs. You can't make everyone happy all the time. I appreciate your insight.

Um, who said anything about the length of Woody's article? It was just the cowboy slant that didn't seem to go over well.

Now to that Matthew Berry article, THAT was too long. I really, really, really couldn't care less about the dating adventures of Matthew Berry. He's found someone that he really loves? That's nice. The idea that he's had multiple dates with multiple people is, well.......

And I'm pretty sure that pic ^^^^ IS Berry in a few years. The article itself I found interesting. Ironical.

PostPosted: Fri 08.26.2011, 08:27 
Chum

Donate
min.gif
datacore wrote:

The last column is showing how many points the teams that WAS and STL play in 2011, gave up 2010. More of a strength of schedule for the defensive side. I doubt WAS and STL will actually score that many points. They're way down at the bottom of the list and breaking into the top 12 (starter material), probalby isn't going to happen.

STL- has games against NYG, WAS, DAL, CHI, CIN, ARI (twice), and SEA (twice). These teams had a lot of turnovers and sacks last year, so the points they gave up to their opposing defenses was large. This makes it seem like STL has an easy defensive schedule, hence the green in the 2011 projection column.

WAS- has games against ARI, CAR, MIA, SEA, MIN, NYG (twice) and DAL (twice). So just like STL they play some pretty easy offenses, so their defenses should have an easier time this year.

For both of these two teams, I think they'll get into the middle of the rankings this year for defenses, but still nothing you're going to want to start week in and week out. Typically teams with high scoring offenses will have good fantasy defenses, because the teams they're playing are playing from behind and tend to make more mistakes that result in fantasy points.