2005 Atlantic Hammerhead

Post Reply  
User avatar
Chum
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004
Sand$: 1,085.00
Howdy,

this is just one hour before my game with 5XChamps. Wanted to wish you (a little 8) ) luck, and let's have a fun afternoon/evening! I'd call our matchup pretty even...

Cheers,
Shaka
_______________________________________

2006 Altantic Whale & Pacific Hammerhead
2005 Atlantic Hammerhead [7-6] runner-up
2004 Altantic Mako [10-3] runner-up
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 27395
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003
Sand$: 178.84
shaka wrote:Howdy,

this is just one hour before my game with 5XChamps. Wanted to wish you (a little 8) ) luck, and let's have a fun afternoon/evening! I'd call our matchup pretty even...

Cheers,
Shaka


shaka, you got Dunn against my Driver and you have a 2 point lead. I like your odds. They will work Dunn hard. I gotta hope for 2 TD's out of Driver to stay in it.

Good luck shaka as it has been a fine FF game.
_______________________________________

“If you are lucky in life, a man will come through your life that makes a difference. We had a rocky relationship, but I am glad I met him as I know I am better for knowing Tom Landry."
― Hollywood Henderson
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 27395
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003
Sand$: 178.84
shaka, it looks like this game is yours. 8) Great work man and I wish you the best of luck the rest of the way!
_______________________________________

“If you are lucky in life, a man will come through your life that makes a difference. We had a rocky relationship, but I am glad I met him as I know I am better for knowing Tom Landry."
― Hollywood Henderson
Tiger Shark
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004
Sand$: 652.56
Shark Attack puts me down for the 3rd time this year!! Great lineup. I thought 115 points was a decent effort, and had a nice day from Bledsoe and Cedric Houston. I never thought Chad J would come up so small, but even a strong game would have left me pretty short of the 155 you dropped on me today. LJ = monster. Good luck the rest of the way.
User avatar
Leopard Shark
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002
Sand$: 71.02
ThePearl wrote:Shark Attack puts me down for the 3rd time this year!! Great lineup. I thought 115 points was a decent effort, and had a nice day from Bledsoe and Cedric Houston. I never thought Chad J would come up so small, but even a strong game would have left me pretty short of the 155 you dropped on me today. LJ = monster. Good luck the rest of the way.


Actually Pearl, if it makes you feel better, you did beat me back in week 3., Ironically, it was LJ coming up small with a 2 pt Monday night game that sealed my fate in that one.

If you had told me that Cedric Houston would outscore Tomlinson in our game, I would have been a bit concerned. I'm sure that CJ killed a lot of fantasy teams this week.

Congrats on a good season. Looks like I might face the Patriots...I mean Action next week.

Shaka, you knocked me out last year. Perhaps we'll meet again??
User avatar
Chum
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004
Sand$: 1,085.00
5XChamps,

good game. You were right, Dunn beat out Driver. But looking at our points this was the "bottom" quarter-final. Makes me wonder if I can bring enough game to tackle Action.

And yes! shark2225, I'd appreciate a rematch! I'd say with LT, Larry Johnson, Harrison and Holt, you are the team to beat in our league.

Cheers,
Shaka
_______________________________________

2006 Altantic Whale & Pacific Hammerhead
2005 Atlantic Hammerhead [7-6] runner-up
2004 Altantic Mako [10-3] runner-up
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 27395
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003
Sand$: 178.84
shaka wrote:5XChamps,

good game. You were right, Dunn beat out Driver. But looking at our points this was the "bottom" quarter-final. Makes me wonder if I can bring enough game to tackle Action.

And yes! shark2225, I'd appreciate a rematch! I'd say with LT, Larry Johnson, Harrison and Holt, you are the team to beat in our league.

Cheers,
Shaka


Go get it done for me shaka! 8) Represent our division for me and bring home the Championship.
_______________________________________

“If you are lucky in life, a man will come through your life that makes a difference. We had a rocky relationship, but I am glad I met him as I know I am better for knowing Tom Landry."
― Hollywood Henderson
User avatar
Chum
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004
Sand$: 1,085.00
5XChamps, I appreciate the support! I'll see what I can do...you wouldn't happen to find a way to get Mr. Antonio Gates over to my team, would you? 8)

Cheers,
Shaka
_______________________________________

2006 Altantic Whale & Pacific Hammerhead
2005 Atlantic Hammerhead [7-6] runner-up
2004 Altantic Mako [10-3] runner-up
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 703
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003
Sand$: 4,613.30
5X Champs. Looks like you came close. Hope to be in same division next season. Enjoyed the competition. 8)

Good luck to all remaining teams. Winners this week are moving on up. :)
User avatar
Leopard Shark
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002
Sand$: 71.02
Wow! Talk about a head start! Tiki and Co. has Action out to a huge Saturday lead. The Patriots came through with a big game, and I'm going to need some solid performances all over to catch up. Well, only 3 more hours and we'll know if I still have a shot to advance. Enjoy the games, and good luck to Action, Shaka, and Isotopes. It's been a fun year.
User avatar
Chum
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004
Sand$: 1,085.00
Woooooaaahhhhhhh!!! :D

Good game, Isotopes. Man, do I feel lucky! 8)

If you catch a day, where guys like Cooley, Wells and Moulds combine for 78 points and none of your other starters really layed an egg, then you know you got something on your side.

So I'm anxiously awaiting my opponent in the final. There probably aren't many leagues where fate is decided by Derrick Mason. My money is on Action here as I think he will get his 4 catches for 40 yards...but let's see. :wink:

Cheers,
Shaka
_______________________________________

2006 Altantic Whale & Pacific Hammerhead
2005 Atlantic Hammerhead [7-6] runner-up
2004 Altantic Mako [10-3] runner-up
User avatar
Leopard Shark
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002
Sand$: 71.02
shaka wrote:Woooooaaahhhhhhh!!! :D

Good game, Isotopes. Man, do I feel lucky! 8)

If you catch a day, where guys like Cooley, Wells and Moulds combine for 78 points and none of your other starters really layed an egg, then you know you got something on your side.

So I'm anxiously awaiting my opponent in the final. There probably aren't many leagues where fate is decided by Derrick Mason. My money is on Action here as I think he will get his 4 catches for 40 yards...but let's see. :wink:

Cheers,
Shaka


Well, at least I don't have to watch the whole game, now that Mason has his points. Great game, Action. And good luck to both you and Shaka in the Championship. I think that I still move up next year on point totals, so I'll see you both as Whales next year!

Merry Christmas!
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 27395
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003
Sand$: 178.84
Congratulations Sharks! You are both very worthy finalist. Kudos on an outstanding season to both of you.
_______________________________________

“If you are lucky in life, a man will come through your life that makes a difference. We had a rocky relationship, but I am glad I met him as I know I am better for knowing Tom Landry."
― Hollywood Henderson
User avatar
Chum
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004
Sand$: 1,085.00
Congrats to Action, and to Shark2225 as well - for the best regular season team! :D

Looking back on the season and the draft, I think I did pretty well in the RB-department (1st D.Davis, 2nd Westbrook, 4th Dunn) - during D.Davis' injury Dunn picked it up nicely. I picked up Parker as a FA early, but didn't really need him much.

And despite drafting a bunch of them, those WRs just didn't really work out (3rd Horn, 5th Bennett, 7th J.Smith, 8th Lelie, 9th Muhammad) - ok, Jimmy Smith did alright there...on the average I got less than 10 pts/game per WR.

QBs were solid (6th Collins, 10th McNair), Collins wasn't worth a 6th round pick though. With TEs (13th Troupe) and defense I got lucky to pick up Cooley and the Bears fairly early who were pretty consistent.

So let's have a fun final and merry christmas, guys!

Cheers,
Shaka
_______________________________________

2006 Altantic Whale & Pacific Hammerhead
2005 Atlantic Hammerhead [7-6] runner-up
2004 Altantic Mako [10-3] runner-up

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest