FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 04.21.2014, 00:31

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: #3 pick rookie draft
PostPosted: Mon 04.23.2012, 21:39 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2363
Donate
nyg.gif
:guns: current roster, 12 team dynasty league

QBs: D Brees, J Locker
RBs: D McFadden, J Charles, J Best, Taiwan Jones, D.J. Ware, E Royster, Alex Green, M Hardesty
WRs: H Nicks, J Jones, R White, D Thomas, S Johnson , L Hankerson

Richardson went #1 and Luck went #2

Should I grab RG3, Blackmon or the best RB?

Or do you like someone else?

Forsaking their own judgment. Those who know,
Know that such men can only come to grief." - Euripides, 414 BC

Post subject: Re: #3 pick rookie draft
PostPosted: Mon 04.23.2012, 22:49 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39050
Donate
pit.gif
TrojanKing wrote:
:guns: current roster, 12 team dynasty league

QBs: D Brees, J Locker
RBs: D McFadden, J Charles, J Best, Taiwan Jones, D.J. Ware, E Royster, Alex Green, M Hardesty
WRs: H Nicks, J Jones, R White, D Thomas, S Johnson , L Hankerson

Richardson went #1 and Luck went #2

Should I grab RG3, Blackmon or the best RB?

Or do you like someone else?

Normally I would say blackmon is a no brainer, but I think you need to go rb. You dont need rg3 with brees that would just be a waste, your wrs are stacked right now, I think it either marin or wilson. Kind of stinks you have to make this decision this early.

PostPosted: Tue 04.24.2012, 13:02 
Chum

Sand$: 68
Donate
If you're in this league for the longhaul RG3 might not be a bad choice, Brees is 33.

Could you trade down with someone looking to pick up RG3 or Blackmon? I think it'd be a waste to grab a RB (other than Rich) that early. I'm sure you could find someone in the 6-10 range who would be willing to deal and you could pick up another pick out of the deal.

Your view? viewtopic.php?f=35&t=285162

PostPosted: Tue 04.24.2012, 13:13 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3080
Donate
cle.gif
I will start by saying I don't like that you are drafting before the draft. Value is all about where players land. I guess it adds more luck into the equation honestly. This is especially true with RBs. If a guy like Martin ends up behind an established RB, his value could be cut drastically and this is certainly a possibility with more teams going to RB by committee, while a guy farther down the draft board could land in an ideal spot and become a stud.

I would explore trading down some to see if someone really wants RG3 or Blackmon. Then maybe you can still get a RB and something to go with it. If that does not work, then you know RG3 will be in Washington and will get his chances and he has a lot of upside. So maybe you take him and hope to move him down the line and as insurance for Brees. But he really is just a luxury item and I think you could use a RB. I like Blackmon's upside as well and you can expect he will start for sure wherever he lands. Any of the choices are good ones. RB is the biggest need, but also the biggest question mark at this point. I think if you can get RG3 or Blackmon, that is the move. Best available player and I really do think both have a lot more value than the RBs at this point. So personally barring a trade, I'd probably go with RG3 or Blackmon. That is a gut call and maybe based on who could bring more in trade down the line.

I do see you have Roddy White and Julio Jones on the roster. I hate having 2 WRs from the same team, especially starters, so you could grab Blackmon and then trade away one of the Falcon WRs for an upgrade at RB. Might lean that way the more I think about it.

PostPosted: Tue 04.24.2012, 14:43 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2268
Donate
was.gif
davidgrey wrote:
I will start by saying I don't like that you are drafting before the draft. Value is all about where players land. I guess it adds more luck into the equation honestly. This is especially true with RBs. If a guy like Martin ends up behind an established RB, his value could be cut drastically and this is certainly a possibility with more teams going to RB by committee, while a guy farther down the draft board could land in an ideal spot and become a stud.

I would explore trading down some to see if someone really wants RG3 or Blackmon. Then maybe you can still get a RB and something to go with it. If that does not work, then you know RG3 will be in Washington and will get his chances and he has a lot of upside. So maybe you take him and hope to move him down the line and as insurance for Brees. But he really is just a luxury item and I think you could use a RB. I like Blackmon's upside as well and you can expect he will start for sure wherever he lands. Any of the choices are good ones. RB is the biggest need, but also the biggest question mark at this point. I think if you can get RG3 or Blackmon, that is the move. Best available player and I really do think both have a lot more value than the RBs at this point. So personally barring a trade, I'd probably go with RG3 or Blackmon. That is a gut call and maybe based on who could bring more in trade down the line.

I do see you have Roddy White and Julio Jones on the roster. I hate having 2 WRs from the same team, especially starters, so you could grab Blackmon and then trade away one of the Falcon WRs for an upgrade at RB. Might lean that way the more I think about it.

I agree with this. You need to take BPA and with the depth trade away for a RB or trade back or for a proven RB.

PostPosted: Wed 04.25.2012, 15:46 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
newtles wrote:
If you're in this league for the longhaul RG3 might not be a bad choice, Brees is 33.

Could you trade down with someone looking to pick up RG3 or Blackmon? I think it'd be a waste to grab a RB (other than Rich) that early. I'm sure you could find someone in the 6-10 range who would be willing to deal and you could pick up another pick out of the deal.

Your view? viewtopic.php?f=35&t=285162

Brees is 33? Its a little early to be thinking about replacing your qb 6 years ahead of schedule, you think his arm will fall off next year?

still say you take the best rb on the board and dont look back. Dont trade dont screw around.

PostPosted: Wed 04.25.2012, 16:37 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
nyg.gif
Sorry if I didn't make this clear, but our rookie draft won't be held till August. I am assuming that Richardson and Luck will go 1 and 2, so forgive me for not being totally forthright about that.

I am just preparing ahead of time and getting people's thoughts which will obviously be somewhat affected by tomorrow's NFL draft.

PostPosted: Wed 04.25.2012, 17:26 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
TrojanKing wrote:
Sorry if I didn't make this clear, but our rookie draft won't be held till August. I am assuming that Richardson and Luck will go 1 and 2, so forgive me for not being totally forthright about that.

I am just preparing ahead of time and getting people's thoughts which will obviously be somewhat affected by tomorrow's NFL draft.

Then its a no brainer for you take the best rb avaiable. You team has a big need for it. Might want to consider actually offering charles and your 1.3 for the 1.1 you never know.

PostPosted: Wed 04.25.2012, 17:46 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
nyg.gif
rugger48 wrote:
TrojanKing wrote:

Then its a no brainer for you take the best rb avaiable. You team has a big need for it. Might want to consider actually offering charles and your 1.3 for the 1.1 you never know.

Is it really worth giving up jaamal charles and the player i could get at 1.3 in order to draft richardson?

:guns:

PostPosted: Wed 04.25.2012, 23:44 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
TrojanKing wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
TrojanKing wrote:

Is it really worth giving up jaamal charles and the player i could get at 1.3 in order to draft richardson?

:guns:

Ya I think so

Right now your 2 best RBs are McFadden who cant stay healthy and another in charles who also cant stay healthy and is coming off an acl who will most likly be in a time share with another rb who can actually catch and might vulture the goalline.

Most likly scenarios for richardson are

Cleveland - a good spot
Tampa - a great spot
I think the jets would also be a good possibility here for a trade up - that would also be a great place.

PostPosted: Thu 04.26.2012, 06:27 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2268
Donate
was.gif
Well by August you will definetly know how healthy Charles will be and if T. Rich is worth all the hype and what team he plays for.

PostPosted: Thu 04.26.2012, 15:18 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
general mills wrote:
Well by August you will definetly know how healthy Charles will be and if T. Rich is worth all the hype and what team he plays for.

sure, but lets remember hes coming off an acl and it will be his 5th year in the league. In august you really wont know much about richardon other than where he will go.

PostPosted: Thu 04.26.2012, 15:21 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 41696
Donate
rugger48 wrote:
general mills wrote:

sure, but lets remember hes coming off an acl and it will be his 5th year in the league. In august you really wont know much about richardon other than where he will go.

Charles has very little thread off his tires. As long as he's healthy and Hillis is in a T Jones like Role, he should be good to go. He's had plenty of time to heal...

PostPosted: Thu 04.26.2012, 18:01 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
R2000 wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
general mills wrote:

Charles has very little thread off his tires. As long as he's healthy and Hillis is in a T Jones like Role, he should be good to go. He's had plenty of time to heal...

hes still gonna need a year to get up to speed, and with what little wear and tear he has had he also cant stay healthy

PostPosted: Fri 04.27.2012, 05:40 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
nyg.gif
Blackmon going to Jacksonville pretty much takes him out of the equation completely. Ugh

:F