Chum
Sand$: 56.00
I have the number three and number eleven pick in my upcoming draft thru a trade i made recently. Should i go with one of the top three rbs as my first pick or draft one of the rb studs, or draft aaron rodgers first and draft a rb with my next pick? Simple question i know, but some insight is always helpful.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,636.24
If it were my team I would want one of the top tier RBs. At pick eleven you should be able to grab Brees or Brady as your QB and have a very good base for your team. If you pickup Rodgers at three then by eleven you will be looking at guys like Richardson, Lynch, Peterson, etc. who all have very obvious question marks.

On the other hand, I saw Calvin Johnson go second overall in my first "real" draft of this season so you can go a lot of ways. In the end it's your team and your decision alone, but I would feel better about my own team if I could get one of the top three RBs.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,544.08
yes.

:guns:

"The wisest men follow their own direction
And listen to no prophet guiding them.
None but the fools believe in oracles,
Forsaking their own judgment. Those who know,
Know that such men can only come to grief." - Euripides, 414 BC
Great White Shark
Sand$: 985.00
Only in a start 2 QB league. Otherwise, I'd be looking at whichever of McCoy, Rice or Foster falls to 3.

As Scott says, if you really want a stud QB you'll still be able to get one at 11. Can't necessarily say the same for a stud RB.
Megalodon
Sand$: 70,918.64
KevD wrote:Only in a start 2 QB league. Otherwise, I'd be looking at whichever of McCoy, Rice or Foster falls to 3.

As Scott says, if you really want a stud QB you'll still be able to get one at 11. Can't necessarily say the same for a stud RB.

yep
Chum
Sand$: 56.00
Thanks guys for the feedback, was pretty sure the rb is the way i wanted to go, but is always good to hear from everybody as reassurance. If i can get one brady or brees to go with one of the stud rbs, i will be set.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,505.92
I'd rather own Rodgers than Rice. I think the wheels fall off faster than most do. I have doubt you'd have to pick Rodgers over Foster or McCoy both, and I wouldn't.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 27,821.28
I'd either do Rodgers then McFadden or Shady/Rice/Foster and Brees/Brady.

Chum
Sand$: 58.00
Can you trade your 3rd for a later pick in the first? I'm pretty sure that someone would be more than happy to move up and nab a top 3 RB this year. You might be able to trade to 4 or 5 and nab either Rodgers or Brady there, plus you would have that extra pick that you would get when you trade down in the draft.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 303,798.71
I personally don't ever take qbs in the first rd. But that's just me. I don't think it's worth it when you can get a stud rb and a serviceable qb, especially in lgs that only award 4 pts per pass td.

Image Image

Tiger Shark
Sand$: 762.86
I think you'll get better value by grabbing a top 3 RB first. There will be plenty of top QB options available when you pick again at 11.
Megalodon
Sand$: 16,339.42
I usually don't take a QB in round 1, either. But last year Rodgers fell to 12 and I just had to take him. That worked pretty well.

As much as I love Rodgers, I have to agree I'd take one of the Big 3 RBs at 3 and either Brady or Brees at 11. Remember, FF is all about minimizing risk.

Would you rather have Rodgers and McFadden . . . or Rice and Brees?

12-tm PPR: QB/RB/3WR/2FLEX/TE/D-ST-PK [FAAB]

Eli, FitzMagic
Melvin, Latavius, Rawls, dWayne, ChrisT, Booker
Antonio, TY, Watkins, JMatt, Sanu, Michael Thomas
Reed, Martellus, Tamme
NEP DSTPK (inc. Gostkowski)

Keepers: Reed, Rawls