FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 12.18.2014, 18:07

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 03:52 
Chum

Sand$: 58
Donate
hou.gif
Just wondering if any of you guys that use Yahoo! for Fantasy, pay attention to the Trade Evaluation as a basis for trading values. For instance, one of the guys in my league has Megatron and Vick on the trading block. I want to offer him V. Jackson and Romo for Megatron and Vick. When l submitted the trade proposal, there is an evaluation option that projects how many points you gain/lose. I would come up on top with +29.33. Has Megatron and Vicks value gone down that much that I can possibly swing this trade?

My team is in last place and I need to make some moves quick. It's a 12 team league, H2H, PPR, 6pts/TD
- QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R, K, DEF

QB - Romo/RG3
WR - Welker, V. Jackson, Hixon, J. Simpson
RB - Matthews, McFadden, F. Jackson, LeShoure
TE - H. Miller, Hernandez
K- Hanson
DEF - Green Bay

( I have some empty roster spots because I dropped R. Williams and R. Gould)

HIS TEAM

QB - Luck, Vick
WR- A. Johnson, R. Wayne, Amendola, A. Roberts, Megatron, M. Williams
RB - Bush, Bradshaw, Spiller, D. Thomas
TE - Gonzalez
K - Akers
DEF - Minnesota

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 06:06 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3680
Donate
was.gif
I have used it, but I find its results misleading. All of its judgments are based on the projected points of players, which are rarely (if ever) accurate. It fails to take into account a lot of variables and the inherent subjectivity involved in valuing players. I recently used it to evaluate a trades in which someone offered me Reggie Bush and Doug Martin for Ray rice after week 2. Yahoo said it would be a net gain and was therefor a good trade. In spite of its findings I didn't take the trade, and it turns out I was right and Yahoo's tracker was completely 100% wrong. In hindsight, wouldn't that have been a disaster?

Conclusion: Don't let it distract you. Thats why we have the FantasySharks forum, to help you with the subjective nature of trades :thumbright:

WR: Julio, Nelson, Benjamin, Stills, Adams
RB: L.Bell, Anderson, J.Bell, Robinson, Sankey, Freeman
TE: Donnell
K: Crosby
DST: Vikings

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 06:18 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7960
Donate
pit.gif
rossimus wrote:
I have used it, but I find its results misleading. All of its judgments are based on the projected points of players, which are rarely (if ever) accurate. It fails to take into account a lot of variables and the inherent subjectivity involved in valuing players. I recently used it to evaluate a trades in which someone offered me Reggie Bush and Doug Martin for Ray rice after week 2. Yahoo said it would be a net gain and was therefor a good trade. In spite of its findings I didn't take the trade, and it turns out I was right and Yahoo's tracker was completely 100% wrong. In hindsight, wouldn't that have been a disaster?

Conclusion: Don't let it distract you. Thats why we have the FantasySharks forum, to help you with the subjective nature of trades :thumbright:

Agreed. It makes a lot of assumptions about who you're going to start in various weeks and can't take into account numerous variables. I also find it hard to put much stock in projections for any week besides the upcoming one. So much can happen between now and then that there's absolutely no way you can trust projections for, say, week eleven when we've only just finished week five. It's interesting to see, but it doesn't factor into my trade decisions.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 16:44 
Chum

Sand$: 58
Donate
hou.gif
Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 18:19 
SandShark

Sand$: 280
Donate
I have a league on yahoo and I don't like the tools projections but I do analyze trades with it in case the other person does (obviously when I propose.) if you can swing that trade, do it in a minute before its revoked. I may be along but if you want the deal, maybe throw in welker, not sure his production keeps up when Hernandez comes back. He's been phenomenal the past couple weeks though.

WR - Cruz, Nelson, Amendola, Miles Austin, Hartline, givens, sanders, Gordon
TE - Graham, Cameron

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 18:19 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39686
Donate
pit.gif
not a big fan.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 18:23 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1774
Donate
dal.gif
I use it as a quick estimate, but I also use other sites to help in my decision making. Ultimately, I go with my gut.

But to answer your question, I make the V.Jackson/Romo for Megatron/Vick trade all day

Mine - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=295010

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 19:25 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 812
Donate
ind.gif
You can use it to your advantage. Many fantasy owners DO look at the evaluate tool and make a big percentage of their judgements/decisions off of the info. I would not use it as a huge deciding factor for my own team....however it does help entice a trade with other oweners who live by "projections"

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 20:08 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 283011
Donate
den.gif
I dont

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 21:36 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 326
Donate
Hollidome1 wrote:
You can use it to your advantage. Many fantasy owners DO look at the evaluate tool and make a big percentage of their judgements/decisions off of the info. I would not use it as a huge deciding factor for my own team....however it does help entice a trade with other oweners who live by "projections"

Exactly.

Trading using their estimate system is like trading stocks using an analyst's price target.

If anything, it's useful when you are trying to sell high and buy low. The estimate will show it in their favor, as Yahoo's projections will not have accounted for the future changes in performance.