FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 09.02.2014, 23:39

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rate my squad of studs
PostPosted: Wed 05.30.2012, 23:13 
Chum

Sand$: 58
Donate
The league consists of 10 teams, dynasty, .5ppr, no deductions for fumbles/ints, standard scoring. We start 2QB's, 2RB's, 3WR's, 1TE and 1DEF. I currently have picks 1.4 and 1.7 in our rookie draft which I plan on taking RB at 1.4 (Richardson or Martin) and either Floyd, Hill or best available at 1.7. I also have pick #2 in our waiver wire which I'll be looking to add either Isaac Redman or Jacob Tamme. Please evaluate my weaknesses!

QB's:P.Rivers, M.Ryan, M.Hasselbeck, J.Locker,C.Henne

RB's:MJD, CJ2K, L.Blount, M.Goodson

WR's:H.Nicks, Dez Bryant, K.Britt, Denarius Moore, Malcom Floyd, D.Amendola, D.Nelson, D.Gettis, P.Parker

TE's:V.Davis, Z.Miller, E.Moore

DEF:PHI, CHI, MIA

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu 05.31.2012, 16:01 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 38368
Donate
QB/RB, not a weakness per se, but you should aim to grab whoever falls between Martin/RG3/Luck at 1.4. I do not think TRich will drop to 1.4, Perhaps 1.3 in a 2QB draft. Feel free to pick up best RB available at 1.7 and Fleener/RB with your 2d rd pick.

You need an upgrade at TE2 and a more promising RB3 option.

PostPosted: Sat 06.02.2012, 17:40 
Chum

Donate
@R2000 Thanks for the insight. Yeah I was increasingly becoming aware that Richardson wouldn't make it to me at 4. At one point the people in front of me were primed to take Luck, RGIII and Blackmon in that order based on trades and team needs but since have masked those initial intentions by making new trades that really didn't make sense. Team 1 is taking Luck or RGIII undoubtly. Team 2 traded for Grossman and his only starting QB on the roster was Rodgers. Now he has acquired Cutler but lost Peterson in the process. He will more than likely now take TRich at pick 2. Number 3 is a wild card because he happens to be the unpredictable, questionable move making type. Last year he traded AJ Greene AND Julio Jones for Crabtree and Sidney Rice which are now his #1 and #2 wrs. LMAO. Then he drafted Ryan Williams AND Mikel LeShoure with pick numbers 3 and 5! The only reason he wasn't kicked out (though the question and vote has come up and PASSED several times but never enacted for some reason) is because the commish and co commish said this is a dynasty. NOTE: Co commish was trade partner in the rice/crabtree for greene/jones deal. Hmmm. Anyhow he has the worst Wrs in the league and should take Blackmon, but if RGIII is there I'm sure he'll take him. He shouldn't as his qbs are Eli, Cam, Dalton and Bradford. Notice how they are all young with the exception of Eli because he has been a bottom dweller for 4 years straight and gets the #1 pick every year. If RGIII falls to me I'll take him and deal Rivers for something. That would make the trade that gave me Blount pointless but I can target a RB through trade and can take David Wilson at 7. With my TE situation I can address that with Tamme although that may mean passing up Redmon on the waiver wire which is a possibility for I have pick 2 and unpredictable owner is picking ahead of me at 1. This would solidify my team if I can execute this plan IMO.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 02:21 
Chum

Donate
R2000 wrote:
QB/RB, not a weakness per se, but you should aim to grab whoever falls between Martin/RG3/Luck at 1.4. I do not think TRich will drop to 1.4, Perhaps 1.3 in a 2QB draft. Feel free to pick up best RB available at 1.7 and Fleener/RB with your 2d rd pick.

You need an upgrade at TE2 and a more promising RB3 option.

Our rookie draft and waivers have since been conducted and after some FA pick ups and multiple trades I was able to field this new team:

QB: Matt Ryan, Hasselbeck/Locker, Ponder/Webb, Chad Henne, Josh Johnson, Nick Foles, Russell Wilson
RB: Chris Johnson, Trent Richardson, Darren Sproles, Doug Martin, Mario Fannin
WR: Hakeem Nicks, Dez Bryant, Kenny Britt, Denarius Moore, Malcolm Floyd, Danny Amendola, Stephen Hill, Josh Gordon, Juron Criner, TY Hilton, Ryan Broyles
TE: Vernon Davis, Kellen Davis, Jordan Cameron
Def:Philly D, Chi D

Both Kellen Davis and Jordan Cameron were waiver pick ups. Josh Gordon was, too. I passed up Tamme to take Gordon, I figured I have Vernon starting so I might as well take a shot on Gordon living up to his Moss and Marshall comparisons. Criner and Fannin were also added via waivers. The Richardson pick (1.2) along with Rex Grossman and Darren Sproles were acquired by trading Phillip Rivers, Blount, picks 1.4 and 1.7. My intention was to have Sproles be my 3rd (behind CJ and MJD) and draft RGIII to be my 3rd (behind Ryan and titans QB). However, I hyped up RGIII (by accident) to the owner with the first pick and he ended up taking him at 1.1 (which was dumb considering he had 1.3 also and could have drafted Richardson first and Luck third but instead ended up with Luck and RGIII and will now rely on Hightower and Ingram behind an injury prone Jahvid Best without handcuffs and fading M. Turner....LMAO). Anyways, I'm stoked cuz I wanted Richardson to begin with. Then, I was offered a trade for MJD which ended up netting me Ponder/Webb, G.Little (which I traded for a 2013 1st and 2nd round pick), pick 1.4 (which I took Doug Martin with) and additional draft picks this year which landed me the rookie QBs, Stephen Hill and Ryan Broyles. I feel like I set myself up to be dominant in this league for years to come as long as a few of these guys can live up to their potential.

PostPosted: Sat 02.02.2013, 02:32 
Chum

Donate
Sweetest rookie draft ever!! I got Richardson, Martin, Wilson, Hilton, Gordon and Broyles. The future looks bright! Not to mention I added Gronk and Stafford, no wonder I won this year!