FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 04.23.2014, 09:24

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri 05.18.2012, 03:49 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14561
Donate
vonbearsalot wrote:

Kilroy1872 wrote:
Million dollar talent...ten cent head. :F

How many more chances is this dufus gonna get? Not like the injury flags werent beginning to pile up, even before he and mamma went wild on some guy.

Owners will have to sit tight, non-owners will be pointing and laughing right now - can't say as i blame em none, either.

My money would be on Stupar as potential replacement over Goethel, but i know they like Gothel, so it'll likely end up as a camp battle to watch ... they could even go for an LBBC of sorts. 2 downs with an LB and then use an exclusive DB set on passing downs. Not like they dont have a DBs on the roster that could be aggressive tacklers in the box as well as play coverage. Stupars not the sort of caliber of LB we've come to expect from Penn St, but hes fundamentally sound if a little clunky.

Whichever route they go it may well end up as good thing to get some practice in for when McClains ankle gets gimpy again, anyway *sigh*

There IS another window of opportunity on the horizon should either option not prove to be viable during roster cuts. Not ideal, but its there. Either that or their legal team is happy enough and the FO confident enough that between reduced time served and in-house options they can wait till next year when they have more draft picks to use. This year they were somewhat hamstrung after their previous trades from prior years.

Im no lawyer, but id guess McClain might be incarcerated for what? Half of his sentence, maybe less? So thats 3 months out (Mid May right now) - he'll be back by mid August. He wont miss all that much regular time. BUT// Staying in shape and match fitness will be a very real issue. He'll only get limited time in the yard and theres only so much he'll be able to work on with the facilities there and lack of personnel and equipment - even in a min sec facility.

So unless you can get the add on the ultra cheap i really wouldn't worry all that much about it.

McClain will be the same rollercoaster fitness ride next season, but he will play the majority of next season's games. Branch owners are the only real winners here.

Id expect a draft pick next season aimed at resolving this :censor: mess

PostPosted: Mon 05.21.2012, 23:44 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6645
Donate
cle.gif
He's appealed the verdict, and with a jury trial coming in could be a long time before this is resolved, so I really don't know how much it will affect McClain's playing status other than being a constant dark cloud over him. As things stand right now I don't think McClain sees any league discipline anytime soon.

Follow IDPManor on Twitter!

PostPosted: Fri 06.15.2012, 14:41 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 41722
Donate
McKenzie on McClain:

Quote:
Q: Are you comfortable with the Rolando McClain situation, both that you want him here and also you think he’ll be able to play next year?
A: Yes I’m comfortable with that.

Q: Was that hard to come by? You mentioned character early on.
A: You know, since we’ve been here he’s been great. I’m not going to hold anything over his head about what he’s done in the past. We’re only concerned with what he does from here on out. Coaches preach to the players about being accountable, being disciplined on and off the field, so we’ll take care of the issues as they come.

Q: You guys sat down and talked?
A: I haven’t. The head coach has spoken with him.

It looks like he has nothing to fear from management as long as he concentrates on football.

PostPosted: Tue 06.26.2012, 10:55 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 8916
Donate
pit.gif
Quote:
DECATUR, Ala. (WAAY and Decatur Daily) - Morgan County Circuit Clerk John Pat Orr has received the appeal of Oakland Raiders starting linebacker Rolando McClain, but it has not been placed on an arraignment docket.

McClain appealed Decatur Municipal Judge Bill Cook’s conviction of him last month on multiple misdemeanor charges stemming from a fight in Decatur. He will get a jury trial in Circuit Court.

Once McClain appealed the conviction, his case starts over. The next step is an arraignment hearing. Orr said the case probably will be placed on an arraignment docket next month. Then the case would go on a trial docket, which Orr said would be about nine months later.

PostPosted: Thu 11.29.2012, 03:39 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
Ian Rapaport, NFL.com reporter wrote:
An hour ago, Rolando McClain posted this on his Facebook wall: "Officially no longer an Oakland Raider!!"

Rotoworld wrote:
McClain added, "Well, technically I am. But I'm mentally done. Just waiting on my papers." The linebacker later removed the posts, but it sounds as if the Raiders are about to cut ties with the No. 8 overall pick from the 2010 draft. McClain hasn't exactly been a model citizen during his time with the Silver and Black, and his play on the field has left a lot to be desired, too. He's making just $970,000 in base salary this season, but that will jump to a little over $4 million next season. That's too much for a linebacker that doesn't even play every down, and it's certainly not worth the headache he causes. We should know more on Thursday.

PostPosted: Thu 11.29.2012, 08:55 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
Just in ...

NFL.com wrote:
Rolando McClain booted from Oakland Raiders practice

Linebacker Rolando McClain was kicked out of Oakland Raiders practice Wednesday after an incident, sources close to the player and the team told NFL.com's Albert Breer and Ian Rapoport.

PostPosted: Thu 11.29.2012, 13:34 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 46442
Donate
ne.gif
Really curious what happened and what his future outlooks are.

Being waived mid season means some other team might pick him up and start him, right? Not saying he is talented, but a team like the Packers with two injured ilb...

Interesting article: http://dynastyfootballwarehouse.com/statistical-analysis-and-fantasy-football/

PostPosted: Thu 11.29.2012, 13:44 

Sand$: 94469
Donate
Cyguy84 wrote:

Being waived mid season means some other team might pick him up and start him, right? Not saying he is talented, but a team like the Packers with two injured ilb...

Wouldn't be a packer-like move. Either a patriots or a jags like move, depends how derailed he really is. That said, usually when you're cut by the raiders your career is over but that was a 2000's Al thing. New guys now. Not optimistic regardless.

Good news for me, hello assured three down role Miles Burris!

PostPosted: Thu 11.29.2012, 14:35 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
OarChambo wrote:
Cyguy84 wrote:

Wouldn't be a packer-like move. Either a patriots or a jags like move, depends how derailed he really is. That said, usually when you're cut by the raiders your career is over but that was a 2000's Al thing. New guys now. Not optimistic regardless.

Definitely wish I had picked him and Wheeler up weeks ago instead of stubbornly thinking McClain would fix things.

Interesting article: http://dynastyfootballwarehouse.com/statistical-analysis-and-fantasy-football/

PostPosted: Thu 11.29.2012, 16:20 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
Cyguy84 wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
Cyguy84 wrote:

Definitely wish I had picked him and Wheeler up weeks ago instead of stubbornly thinking McClain would fix things.

You had other options too ;)

As regards Lando, really not sure what his future holds. All i can see with any conviction is it aint what was envisioned a while back.

He once upon a time had some talent, was a locker room presence and defensive leader.

Now hes got a bum ankle, a p.poor attitude, crazy family ... seems like a matter of time before he gets a rap sheet.

That wont put anyone off necessarily, noone here believes the leagues is populated solely by high character individuals but his inability to play sideline to sideline is definitely a downside.

The ONLY team that mightve been at the races have already applied their bandaids (Connor, Sims, Poppinga) :dontknow:

Unlike Babin, cant see anyone picking up his $4.5m tab (due next year) for a reclaimation project, let alone one that is prone to meltdowns. I think this one will clear waivers.

All that said, theres nothing official out there and hes still a raider - all just grist for the mill & food for thought atm, maybe SJ has a better read/handle on it?

PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2012, 01:27 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
jamcutpost wrote:
Cyguy84 wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
Cyguy84 wrote:

You had other options too ;)

As regards Lando, really not sure what his future holds. All i can see with any conviction is it aint what was envisioned a while back.

He once upon a time had some talent, was a locker room presence and defensive leader.

Now hes got a bum ankle, a p.poor attitude, crazy family ... seems like a matter of time before he gets a rap sheet.

That wont put anyone off necessarily, noone here believes the leagues is populated solely by high character individuals but his inability to play sideline to sideline is definitely a downside.

The ONLY team that mightve been at the races have already applied their bandaids (Connor, Sims, Poppinga) :dontknow:

Unlike Babin, cant see anyone picking up his $4.5m tab (due next year) for a reclaimation project, let alone one that is prone to meltdowns. I think this one will clear waivers.

All that said, theres nothing official out there and hes still a raider - all just grist for the mill & food for thought atm, maybe SJ has a better read/handle on it?

Good thing you unloaded him when you did.

I hate you. :F

PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2012, 14:55 
Chum

Sand$: 18
Donate
I think it's safe to say Rolando won't be with the Silver and Black at the end of this season. Management is probably working on a way to send him back to Alabama.

In the old days Al (RIP) would have gone above the coaches to play his guys. It's refreshing to know the coach is in charge for a change and commands the respect of the players.

There was a note on Rotoworld that Omar Gaither will get the start in Rolando's place, but he probably doesn't offer much from an IDP fantasy perspective.

PostPosted: Sun 12.02.2012, 03:16 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
Funky Doc wrote:
I think it's safe to say Rolando won't be with the Silver and Black at the end of this season. Management is probably working on a way to send him back to Alabama.

In the old days Al (RIP) would have gone above the coaches to play his guys. It's refreshing to know the coach is in charge for a change and commands the respect of the players.

There was a note on Rotoworld that Omar Gaither will get the start in Rolando's place, but he probably doesn't offer much from an IDP fantasy perspective.

You are correct on that note. Gaither's shown some ability (had 102 tackles for Philly back in 2007), but essentially he's a replacement-level talent who won't be playing in subpackages, so IDP-wise there isn't much to see here, especially in a "meh" matchup with the Browns.

PostPosted: Tue 01.08.2013, 22:49 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 44768
Donate
chi.gif
So...this guy. Still dumb.

PostPosted: Tue 01.08.2013, 23:03 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
Quote:
Rolando McClain - LB - Raiders

Raiders LB Rolando McClain was arrested again in Decatur, Alabama upon giving a fake name when pulled over for a window tint violation.
He's since been released on bail. McClain's arrest comes on the heels of November 2011 assault and gun charges in Decatur. Those charges were ultimately dismissed. He's expected to be released by the Raiders this offseason, taking a questionable reputation and character concerns onto the open market.
Source: WHNT-TV Huntsville
Jan 8 - 7:25 PM

Still dumb, but I think he was pulled over for being black in Alabama.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next