FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 12.19.2014, 05:48

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri 05.17.2013, 13:07 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7484
Donate
sea.gif
Not sure the penalties will hamper fantasy numbers too much, but I am concerned about the rule fundamentally changing some guy's running style or their aggressiveness. One guy I can think of is Mikel Leshoure, I remember being concerned for the guys health. Often finishes his runs by completely ducking his head. Bad enough for neck injury danger, but I wonder how the rule will influence his and possibly other's play.

Any fantasy impact for Stephen Jackson or Lynch? Both of them are shifty enough in my opinion that they'll avoid much impact IMO, but still wonder. Any other backs at risk? Trent Richardson and ADP lower the boom sometimes as well.

PostPosted: Fri 05.17.2013, 13:16 

Sand$: 48198
Donate
nyj.gif
I'll vote for none because I believe there will only be rare instances when this rule is actually enforced. I think this rule is more for show than practicality.

PostPosted: Fri 05.17.2013, 13:18 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 4515
Donate
pit.gif
Not meant to dimish your question or post in any way.

I think the "Crown" rule is the most overblown rule change that I can recall in some time. I really don't see it being an issue and don't see it being called that often. RB's are going to adjust, especially running near the sidelines.

Over - under on the regular season guess on the number of times it's called - 12 times.

With that said, I do think that there will be a early season game where a late run in a game involves the play, gets called and costs the team field position and a chance to win the game prompting NFL Network and ESPN analysts to over-react.

PostPosted: Fri 05.17.2013, 13:20 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 120023
Donate
min.gif
agree endzone a lot of self preservation includes tucking your chin tight. They know this.

PostPosted: Fri 05.17.2013, 13:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
sea.gif
Yeah, I wasn't saying it would be a huge fantasy impact, other than more yards to gain for the receivers maybe, hah. I would be concerned about if it would affect any specific players. Any you might have in mind with an extra violent/aggressive style that would be hard for them to change, was more the question. I think it could with Leshoure for one, not that his fantasy impact was huge start out, other than a week or two.
birddog wrote:
agree endzone a lot of self preservation includes tucking your chin tight. They know this.

Hah, you talking boxing? Gotta keep your head up some, or you'll get neck issues.

PostPosted: Fri 05.17.2013, 13:32 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 25618
Donate
sf.gif
RotoMoto wrote:
Yeah, I wasn't saying it would be a huge fantasy impact, other than more yards to gain for the receivers maybe, hah. I would be concerned about if it would affect any specific players. Any you might have in mind with an extra violent/aggressive style that would be hard for them to change, was more the question. I think it would with Leshoure for one, not that his fantasy impact was huge to begin with.

LOL Marshawn is known for laying that hat...same as Trich. I don't think it will affect them though because they will adapt if need be. I agree some RBs do it for protection but then you have the Rbs who want to punish the defense. I think the main ones they will call is in the open field when it's blatant

PostPosted: Fri 05.17.2013, 13:40 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 8015
Donate
jax.gif
I don't think anyone will get called on it more than 2-3 times all season, so none of the above.

PostPosted: Fri 05.17.2013, 14:30 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Peyton Hillis. If he ever finds a team. Which he won't. Basically its slow RB's that need to run guys over to succeed..

PostPosted: Fri 05.17.2013, 14:37 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
sf.gif
Mike alstott would have had to retire if they had this rule when he played

PostPosted: Fri 05.17.2013, 14:39 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16137
Donate
Think this will apply more to safeties and some secondary players than running backs.

Be interesting to see how it plays out tho :thumbright:

PostPosted: Fri 05.17.2013, 14:49 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
sf.gif
Here's an article i read and some plays that might be called..
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... son/21935/
It highlights Adrian Peterson's runs mostly

Last edited by Killa CAM CAN!! on Fri 05.17.2013, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri 05.17.2013, 18:28 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 120023
Donate
min.gif
RotoMoto wrote:
Yeah, I wasn't saying it would be a huge fantasy impact, other than more yards to gain for the receivers maybe, hah. I would be concerned about if it would affect any specific players. Any you might have in mind with an extra violent/aggressive style that would be hard for them to change, was more the question. I think it could with Leshoure for one, not that his fantasy impact was huge start out, other than a week or two.
birddog wrote:

Hah, you talking boxing? Gotta keep your head up some, or you'll get neck issues.
in hard contact you tuck it and minimize otherwise the bobble-heads can give the whiplash.. eyes up.

but anyway

PostPosted: Sat 05.18.2013, 00:39 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14091
Donate
pit.gif
endzoneview wrote:
I'll vote for none because I believe there will only be rare instances when this rule is actually enforced. I think this rule is more for show than practicality.

BINGO!!!!!!! I think this is simply a case of the league doing anything so that it can say, 'Look what we're doing to protect our players.'

It'll be called a hand full of times, but it'll be inconsequential.

PostPosted: Sat 05.18.2013, 09:05 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
sea.gif
Alstott actually crossed my mind when I was asking this, but not too many converted fullback types around the league anymore. That's why it needed to be asked, since each guy knows their own team's roster more than outsiders.

Peyton Hillis was a good mention, but yeah, he looked pretty done last year. This could spell the end for backs like Michael Turner though, about the only move he had left was running over someone. That was about Legarrette Blount only move as well. As long as they are lowering their head without using their crown, they should be alright. Most of their work is between the tackles and within the cloud of dust radius of 3 yards. However, they could be in danger if they break into the defensive backfield. Definately hampers their ability to finish off the run like they used to. I think people were avoiding Turner and Blount like the plague this year anyway. Was hoping to hear if there were any others though, guess not. Oh, yeah the Law Firm might be another one affected.

All depends on how they call it, and how well the backs are able to adjust, like you all are saying. I just know I'm avoiding Leshoure at any value. That guy always ended up looking at his own shoelaces at the end of most of his runs. Not sure he could change that about his style or not.

PostPosted: Sat 05.18.2013, 09:36 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36120
Donate
mia.gif
RotoMoto wrote:
This could spell the end for backs like Michael Turner though, about the only move he had left was running into someone and falling down.

Actually, he's never been much of a run em' over type guy. He depended on quickness. That's why he sucks now that his quickness is gone.