FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 12.19.2014, 07:15

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue 12.27.2011, 13:51 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7577
Donate
cle.gif
First off, I'd like to say that my first season here at Fantasy Sharks has been both an honor and a lotta fun, and that's due in no small part to the fantastic IDP community here. You guys rock, it's been a pleasure chewing the fat with you, and I tip my cap to you all. :food-smiley-004:

There will be a week 17 Cheatsheet and Studs and Duds (the Week 16 edition of Studs and Duds was kibashed by some punk kids vandalizing our Christmas lights last Thursday night...my apologies), after which point it'll be time to start on the offseason stuff, including my IDP Rewind Season Review series at IDP Manor and....

I don't exactly know.

In that spirit, if there's something you fine folks would like to see covered here over the next few weeks/months, be it an IDP primer, more coverage of young players and rookies, strategy (although given my nightmarish Week 16 I may be the last person you wanna hear from in that regard) or whatever feel free to speak up.

Taking requests starting....now. :party-smiley-050:

Hope you all had a great Christmas, and that the New Year treats you well. :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Follow IDPManor on Twitter!

Last edited by Kilroy1872 on Tue 12.27.2011, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 12.27.2011, 14:01 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
It's also my hope to bring JoJo's Barbed Wire Deathmatch IDP Manor League of Doom to Fantasy Sharks in 2012. It was the "official" IDP league at my old site, and after a year in "limbo" (in which I at least managed my first title in three tries there) I'd like to move it here so you folks can take a crack at it.

The scoring's a bit different (and I'll likely tinker with it some), and it's a "mixed" league (offense and defense, although weighted a bit towards D), so since FS doesn't have a "mixed" league per se (although I'm sure there are more than a few community leagues) I thought I'd set 'er up over here next season.

All are welcome, and if it sounds like something that might interest you (never too early to start filling that 2012 plate) let me know and I'll reserve you a spot. :thumbright:

PostPosted: Tue 12.27.2011, 23:02 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16137
Donate
Kilroy1872 wrote:
It's also my hope to bring JoJo's Barbed Wire Deathmatch IDP Manor League of Doom to Fantasy Sharks in 2012. It was the "official" IDP league at my old site, and after a year in "limbo" (in which I at least managed my first title in three tries there) I'd like to move it here so you folks can take a crack at it.

The scoring's a bit different (and I'll likely tinker with it some), and it's a "mixed" league (offense and defense, although weighted a bit towards D), so since FS doesn't have a "mixed" league per se (although I'm sure there are more than a few community leagues) I thought I'd set 'er up over here next season.

All are welcome, and if it sounds like something that might interest you (never too early to start filling that 2012 plate) let me know and I'll reserve you a spot. :thumbright:

Count me in? :)

PostPosted: Tue 12.27.2011, 23:03 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4224
Donate
it would be nice for those of us in deep IDp dyno leagues to get a list of guys you like now, guys you like after the draft, and guys you like after free agency, from locks to sleepers...I realize there is probably a limit to what you can/will reveal since you play in leagues with these guys, but it would still be nice to see who you like from the 2012 class, and how much your list changes based on where people get drafted...

PostPosted: Thu 12.29.2011, 10:17 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1751
Donate
cin.gif
I think good info on rookies is the biggest thing I'd like to see, esp. if the "grouped" positions can be broken down (like best CBs and best S, for example, vs. just best DBs).

I remember once or twice awhile back Oar and Marty had a piece where they sort of co-wrote a back and forth list on their favorite offensive rookies, debating and agreeing/disagreeing. Their top 5 lists weren't the same, but it was interesting to see them. These were just posts in the tank I believe, not articles on the main page. It was always a good read. Maybe something like that between Gary and James would be cool, if they're down for it. Of course I'd like to hear info on more than just the top 5 :) and I know James already does his own rookie primer, so not sure if this is a good idea or not but just throwing it out there......

PostPosted: Thu 12.29.2011, 19:12 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
Rest assured there will be plenty of talk about the rooks...after I recap '11 not a whole lot else to talk about between now and April. :thumbright:

PostPosted: Fri 12.30.2011, 05:46 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16137
Donate
bunnywafer wrote:
I think good info on rookies is the biggest thing I'd like to see, esp. if the "grouped" positions can be broken down (like best CBs and best S, for example, vs. just best DBs).

I remember once or twice awhile back Oar and Marty had a piece where they sort of co-wrote a back and forth list on their favorite offensive rookies, debating and agreeing/disagreeing. Their top 5 lists weren't the same, but it was interesting to see them. These were just posts in the tank I believe, not articles on the main page. It was always a good read. Maybe something like that between Gary and James would be cool, if they're down for it. Of course I'd like to hear info on more than just the top 5 :) and I know James already does his own rookie primer, so not sure if this is a good idea or not but just throwing it out there......

He does :) And this year ive already started looking at the bigger names and rest assured you will hear about Luke Kuechly in good time :D

Kilroy1872 wrote:
Rest assured there will be plenty of talk about the rooks...after I recap '11 not a whole lot else to talk about between now and April. :thumbright:

True story :D

PostPosted: Sat 12.31.2011, 10:49 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 328
Donate
dal.gif
jamcutpost wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:

Count me in? :)

I might consider this...put me down as an interested party

PostPosted: Sun 01.01.2012, 11:12 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 25134
Donate
det.gif
i'd like to see my presence more in this forum. :F

i have to admit i'm having difficulty divulging my thoughts and opinions since there are so many of you that i'm competing against in the house of purgatory. selfish of me, forgive me. that league is my "precious." ha!

PostPosted: Mon 01.02.2012, 10:08 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32276
Donate
oak.gif
getdownmmmkay wrote:

i have to admit i'm having difficulty divulging my thoughts and opinions since there are so many of you that i'm competing against in the house of purgatory. selfish of me, forgive me. that league is my "precious." ha!

Yeah I dont think its any coincidence that during the time I wrote The Hive, I won zero community IDP league titles, with the exception of a draft only league (where no one could screw me out of any waiver adds, lol), and since I stopped helping people around here I've won all 5 of the IDP leagues I have played in (back to back in Frenzy and TFL, and won 4th & Goal last year before that league folded).

Amazing what can be done when your leaguemates arent using your advice against you. :lol:

2010 & 2011 The Premier League Champion
2012 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion

PostPosted: Mon 01.02.2012, 17:43 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 25134
Donate
det.gif
at the same time, there is insight to be gained through discussion, at least for me. IDP is a much much greater challenge for me than traditional format.

catch 22.

PostPosted: Fri 01.06.2012, 01:40 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
SJSwarm wrote:
getdownmmmkay wrote:

Yeah I dont think its any coincidence that during the time I wrote The Hive, I won zero community IDP league titles, with the exception of a draft only league (where no one could screw me out of any waiver adds, lol), and since I stopped helping people around here I've won all 5 of the IDP leagues I have played in (back to back in Frenzy and TFL, and won 4th & Goal last year before that league folded).

Amazing what can be done when your leaguemates arent using your advice against you. :lol:

I was a regular reader of the Hive. :thumbright:

It's a double-edged sword, but if part of what I tell folks is what gets me beat I can live with it. It's more than worth it when you get multiple e-mails and messages thanking you for helping someone bring home their $$$ league title, or beat their butthead brother-in-law, or whatever.

Besides, I love to write...it's in me bones...has been since I was a kid. (Although you'd think after all that time I'd have at least gotten a little better at it.)

Also, I may not have won the WALL, but I did manage to go 13-0 in the regular season, and against that level of competition I'll take that as the achievement that it is.

Rat-b*****d EZR...we shall meet again, and I shall be avenged. :censor:

My regular season record in two FS IDP leagues...22-4. No titles, but one was a dynasty I inherited that sort of, well, sucked, and how am I supposed to complain about losing 4 of 26?

The playoffs are luck...getting there is skill, and if I can help one person hone theirs then I'm doing what Tony brought me here to do (always did anyway...even in my early days, just after I "figured" out FF, I started handing out advice to folks who asked...how Kilroyz Krystal Ball started...as a help thread on a message board).

I'd as soon tell you how to beat me, then beat you anyway...just how I roll. :action-smiley-035:

(That sounds arrogant(er) than it should, but I've spent the last five years or so doing it, including in "expert" leagues against guys that know far more and get paid more than I to speak of such things).

I'm still learning myself (day you stop trying to get better you stop, you know, getting better), and this sort of forum, dedicated to IDP, can be an invaluable resource for doing so, but only if the folks talking about and discussing things can put getting better ahead of winning one game in one week in one league.

Give a man a fish and all that crap.... :F

So far as the folks that have expressed interest in Deathmatch '12...you won't be disappointed...it's not your average league, but she's a hoot. :laughing-smiley-012:

Last edited by Kilroy1872 on Fri 01.06.2012, 02:06, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri 01.06.2012, 01:43 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
jamcutpost wrote:
bunnywafer wrote:

He does :) And this year ive already started looking at the bigger names and rest assured you will hear about Luke Kuechly in good time :D

Kilroy1872 wrote:

True story :D

If Kuechly lands in Philly or with the Giants....

:party-smiley-050: :party-smiley-050: :party-smiley-050: