FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 09.21.2014, 09:07

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sammy Watkins Arrested
PostPosted: Wed 05.09.2012, 11:03 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 35350
Donate
car.gif
As he's a Heisman candidate thought I'd make sure this was spotted:

Clemson All-America receiver Sammy Watkins was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana and a controlled substance on Friday.

Watkins and soccer player Amadou-Tidiane Daniel Dia were stopped by university police after an officer saw the car scrape a curb and the temporary license tag was not lit. The police report said an officer smelled marijuana in the car and a subsequent search found two pills for which Watkins did not have a prescription.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Clemson-football-star-Sammy-Watkins-arrested-on-drug-charges-050412

Since Clemson opens against Auburn, anyone willing to bet me that Watkins won't be suspended until week 2 against Ball State, if at all?

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Sun 07.22.2012, 10:41 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1926
Donate
ten.gif
pwbowen wrote:
As he's a Heisman candidate thought I'd make sure this was spotted:

Clemson All-America receiver Sammy Watkins was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana and a controlled substance on Friday.

Watkins and soccer player Amadou-Tidiane Daniel Dia were stopped by university police after an officer saw the car scrape a curb and the temporary license tag was not lit. The police report said an officer smelled marijuana in the car and a subsequent search found two pills for which Watkins did not have a prescription.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Clemson-football-star-Sammy-Watkins-arrested-on-drug-charges-050412

Since Clemson opens against Auburn, anyone willing to bet me that Watkins won't be suspended until week 2 against Ball State, if at all?

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see ole Sammy playing in the GA Dome in few weeks. Or you may see some BS like he is suspended for the first snap or series.

Why? Because for one thing, Dabo (like Updyke) has too much "bammer" in him - this is his personal Iron Bowl. For another, stewing all off season about that bowl beatdown will cloud his judgement even further. He knows his seat is getting warm and beating Auburn would be a great start for his season.

Edit: I did a quick Google and found this:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/07/21/3395881/dabo-swinney-clemson-wr-sammy.html

Surprise, surprise Gomer...

Fantasy Football Extravaganza
Squalid Ancient Chaps
Blow it up! College Fantasy League

PostPosted: Sun 07.22.2012, 15:25 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
Dabo really didn't say anything of note except that Watkins will be punished. He's laying ground work for the "but he's really sorry and working hard so he's learned his lesson" BS where he'll be suspended for 1/2 a game after the Auburn game.

But the irony of Cam Newton and Nick Fairley's school commenting wasn't lost..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Thu 07.26.2012, 22:05 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 280125
Donate
den.gif
I agree, no way in he'll he gets suspended!

PostPosted: Thu 07.26.2012, 22:28 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
Budmonsan wrote:

He'll get something but it could be just a quarter or a half. And not against Auburn. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat 08.04.2012, 10:21 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1926
Donate
ten.gif
pwbowen wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:

He'll get something but it could be just a quarter or a half. And not against Auburn. :wink:

I'm a bit shocked:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/08/clemson_all-american_sammy_wat_1.html

I honestly didn't think Dabo had it in him. My orange/blue glasses get in my way too much with college ball - being objective with it is hard for me (plus I really don't like Clemson). I expected a free pass here but I was wrong.

And the Auburn/Clemson game just got a lot more interesting. I would have put Clemson as a 10 to 12 point favorite with him, without him I'd say they are a 5-7 now.

Fantasy Football Extravaganza
Squalid Ancient Chaps
Blow it up! College Fantasy League

PostPosted: Sat 08.04.2012, 13:18 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
jburton71 wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:

I'm a bit shocked:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/08/clemson_all-american_sammy_wat_1.html

I honestly didn't think Dabo had it in him. My orange/blue glasses get in my way too much with college ball - being objective with it is hard for me (plus I really don't like Clemson). I expected a free pass here but I was wrong.

And the Auburn/Clemson game just got a lot more interesting. I would have put Clemson as a 10 to 12 point favorite with him, without him I'd say they are a 5-7 now.

Honestly, I'm shocked, too. I've viewed Dabo as a shifty weasel and I applaud his decision and how he handled Watkins. My respect for him has grown a ton through this episode. I'm glad to see that coaches don't have to go Urban Meyer or Lane Kiffin dirtbag to succeed.

Tough move because if Clemson loses game 1 to Auburn I think they are out of the national title discussion.

:thumbright: Sweeney! I hope that the Clemson fans can see it the right way if they lose to Auburn (which of course I'm still pulling for).