FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 04.20.2014, 01:39

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 11:21 

Sand$: 3233
Donate
hou.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
Stank I'm sorry but your an idiotic fool. You have no clue what you are talking about at all. I can only laugh at your stupidness.

I'm considering the source, because in the world of stupidity, you're among the leaders, VickFan7.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 11:23 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3161
Donate
atl.gif
If you had watched more than one of our games you might have an idea of what you are talking about, but you clearly do not. Nobody was lamenting the loss of Vick harder than Roddy. And he is the only one that you give any recognition to in your misinformed, babbling BS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 11:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 52
Donate
atl.gif
All I can say is that when Cowher gets ahold of Vick in 2010 were gonna be smokin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 11:37 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
atl.gif
tmidgley wrote:
All I can say is that when Cowher gets ahold of Vick in 2010 were gonna be smokin...

Hahaha.. Dream on brah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 11:41 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36586
Donate
hou.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
Stank I'm sorry but your an idiotic fool. You have no clue what you are talking about at all. I can only laugh at your stupidness.

Questioning our fan base? You should be ashamed. Quit stirring the pot punk!

**Cough cough***

Forum rules:

Tony_Holm wrote:
FantasySharks.com Forum Rules
Argue, don't attack.
Fantasy Football has a lot of opinions, and everyone is entitled to their own here. You're welcome to argue, but don't insult, demean, or otherwise attack your fellow members.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 11:42 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 6922
Donate
oak.gif
jdferguson07 wrote:
tmidgley wrote:

Hahaha.. Dream on brah

Yeah, really. Blank won't make the Vick Mistake a second time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 11:43 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16704
Donate
atl.gif
checo446 wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:

**Cough cough***

Forum rules:

Tony_Holm wrote:
Argue, don't attack.
Fantasy Football has a lot of opinions, and everyone is entitled to their own here. You're welcome to argue, but don't insult, demean, or otherwise attack your fellow members.

:roll: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 11:44 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 44742
Donate
chi.gif
The entire Atlanta football scene was built around Vick.

They never sold out until he was on the team. He had the highest jersey sales in the NFL until the indictment. And, while not for the purists, he was simply fun to watch.

The team invested so much in him financially that they had to build the franchise around him: schemes, complimentary players, let the o-line struggle a bit, because his legs could make up for it, etc, etc.

Anyone will acknowledge was a strain it can be on a team simply to change systems when a new coach or coordinator comes in. Imagine not only a complete system overhaul, but also the elimination of the one thing that held the former system together, compounded by the timing (right before training camp), decision-making (sending Schaub to Houston), and the money tied up in that player, a heck of a lot of money.

This would be incredibly discouraging, from the owner, to the coach, to the players, and it's hard to imagine all the Falcons working one hundred percent all the time with that kind of discouragement on them.

Imagine the Colts without Manning. It's called Sorgi, and it aint pretty. Could they still compete? Sure, but it would take a ton of trust in their coaching staff, and the rest of their team. They have that, the Falcons don't. Take out Mike Brown, slow down Urlacher and Harris, and the Bears vaunted defense falls apart. Vick was more integral to the Falcons than anyone else on any team in the NFL.

That being said, if you give up in the NFL you will be destroyed. They wouldn't even have 3 wins if they'd given up (see: Miami Dolphins, 2007). More easily discouraged? Yes. Less fun, adrenaline, and drive on game day? Sure. But I don't think it's fair to say they've given up.

I also don't care that Petrino lied to Blank. So he's not a great dude, big surprise. It does bother me, though, that he didn't bother to talk to the players. A coach that makes decisions like that makes it obvious why he wasn't connecting with and inspiring his players: he didn't care to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 11:47 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
hou.gif
By the way Soulja, I got a good laugh at your assertion that Schaub wouldn't have made any difference for your guys this year considering you started Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich and the best of the bunch Chris Redmond (who I must admit has looked better but he is still Chris Redmond and there is a reason he was out of the league for many years).

Honestly, I don't see any experienced coach (outside of maybe Reeves who has history there albeit negative in the end) looking at the talent of the Falcons currently on that roster(which is fairly mediocre as a whole), looking at the cap situation surrounding Michael Vick's contract which will likely be cut and thus a huge cap hit over 2 years, and looking at the GM situation there and saying to themselves, "wow, I really want the Falcons job."

I think Falcons fans will likely be getting some fresh blood at coach and that it will be atleast 2010 before there is much hope for them to compete in the league for their division.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 11:48 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
atl.gif
I honestly don't think Vick would have been a good fit for Petrino's spread offense. The West Coast (play fakes and quick hitting passes) was the only type of offense that Vick could have succeeded in.

A complete overhaul is exactly what this team needs. I am just glad we won't be wasting our first pick on Brohm anymore.

Hopefully we can bring in a defensive minded, run first coach and start winning some games next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 11:49 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
hou.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
checo446 wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:

**Cough cough***

Forum rules:

Tony_Holm wrote:
Argue, don't attack.

:roll: :lol:

ummm, I don't think I was joking.

Please refrain from the name calling and calling people idiots because you disagree with them. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 11:50 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
hou.gif
jdferguson07 wrote:
I honestly don't think Vick would have been a good fit for Petrino's spread offense. The West Coast (play fakes and quick hitting passes) was the only type of offense that Vick could have succeeded in.

A complete overhaul is exactly what this team needs. I am just glad we won't be wasting our first pick on Brohm anymore.

Hopefully we can bring in a defensive minded, run first coach and start winning some games next year.

Didn't Vick have a lot of succeed in Reeves more traditional offense which wasn't West Coast? I thought he was actually less effective than in his early years when they tried to convert Vick to more of a pocket passing, West Coast QB under Mora.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 11:51 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
atl.gif
checo446 wrote:
I think Falcons fans will likely be getting some fresh blood at coach and that it will be atleast 2010 before there is much hope for them to compete in the league for their division.

Well, considering the fact that our division is one of the worst in the league, I don't think it will be as difficult as you say.

If we bring in a guy like McNabb or DA and solidify the line, 6 wins isn't out of the question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 11:53 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
atl.gif
checo446 wrote:
jdferguson07 wrote:

Didn't Vick have a lot of succeed in Reeves more traditional offense which wasn't West Coast? I thought he was actually less effective than in his early years when they tried to convert Vick to more of a pocket passing, West Coast QB under Mora.

He might have been less effective, but the offense was better under Mora. The running game was the best in the league for a few years because of the threat of Vick rolling out on the boot. So yes, his passing might not have been as good, but as long as the offense is moving the ball, then Vick is effective.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 11:54 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
hou.gif
jdferguson07 wrote:
checo446 wrote:

Well, considering the fact that our division is one of the worst in the league, I don't think it will be as difficult as you say.

If we bring in a guy like McNabb or DA and solidify the line, 6 wins isn't out of the question.

That is a much bigger task in getting one of those guys than you will be willing to admit. I think this is a 3 year rebuilding project. Your team has too many holes where you could use an upgrade at almost every position on the field. I still think Tampa and New Orleans are going to own your division for atleast the next two years. Also, I think Carolina will be better next year provided they fire Fox as their talent is clearly underperforming. All that said, I don't see you guys winning more than 5-6 games which will guarantee you a top 12 pick in those years for the next two years.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next