FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 07.25.2014, 10:09

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 12:32 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 12516
Donate
buf.gif
pm:

Quote:
You are a wasting my time with worthless posts like you have recently been writing..

Bring something to the table or get out of here..

likewise

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 12:33 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16736
Donate
atl.gif
HurricaneNamedDitka wrote:
pm:

Quote:
You are a wasting my time with worthless posts like you have recently been writing..

likewise

:lol: No one like's a tattle tale. Come on Clark Griswold, you even said that in Caddyshack. Where are your morals?

Seriously though bring something to the table in this thread, instead of making immature comments. I'd appreciate some football insight out of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 12:34 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
buf.gif
pm:

Quote:
another stellar post.. keep up the good work

will do

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 12:35 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3161
Donate
atl.gif
another stellar post by HND..

This guy brings nothing but solid info to the table day after day :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 12:35 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
buf.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
pm:

Quote:

likewise

:lol: No one like's a tattle tale. Come on Clark Griswold, you even said that in Caddyshack. Where are your morals?

Seriously though bring something to the table in this thread, instead of making immature comments. I'd appreciate some football insight out of you.

i didn't say who posted it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 12:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
atl.gif
^^ I did

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 12:36 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
atl.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
pm:

Quote:

likewise

i didn't say who posted it

But why put it out there like a middle school girl? So and so said this to me. :roll: Thought I had left those kind of things behind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 12:38 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36592
Donate
hou.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
Checo I do agree we need more depth in general, but you can say that for a lot of teams in the NFL.

We are on the rather young on the defensive side of the ball and have a lot more upside than people think. We do need a guy that is capable of stopping the run up front because we have people capable of getting to the QB. DeAngelo needs a CB to compliment him. LB needs depth. RB we're fine. WR we need a guy who is capable of stretching the field, but I like what I've seen from Robinson. Offensive line isn't that horrible, but has had injury problems this season. A few upgrades there would be sufficient. Lawyer Milloy is past his prime.

O yea a QB wouldn't hurt :D McNafro for 2008! The pipe dream is born!

I think you are right, a few upgrades will be sufficient to get you to be a 6 win team next season at best based on what I see above.... :lol:

Other thoughts:

Is DeAngelo under contract next year? I doubt you guys will have the cap space to sign him if you cut Vick with 20+ million in bonuses split over two years.

I will agree with you that Robinson should be decent as Roddy White. Actually surprisingly, WR is one of the Falcons stronger positions in my eyes...

At QB, again the cap situation will hurt and I doubt you guys have the necessary cap space and ability to acquire one of DA or McNabb. You guys better bring in a journeyman and then develop another guy longterm.

At RB, unless you are thinking that Snelling and Norwood as a tandem is good enough to succeed in the NFL, I think you need help there. Norwood is a career change of pace guy who wouldn't survive carrying the entire load if he got the opportunity; Dunn is well- done; and Snelling is a big bruiser type (TJ Duckett reincarnated) but I don't think he would be best suited except for short yardage situations. I really think you guys need help there.

At LB, I agree your starters are sufficient but you could use more depth.

At TE, Crumpler looks old and they could use a younger guy to supplement.

At O-line, I really don't like your line. Petrino was trying to restructure it from zone-blocking to more traditional blocking schemes and at best, you could call your O-line mediocre even without the injuries.

Koenen is a good punter... :lol:

DL could use some upgrades. Another note, Patrick Kerney is making the Falcons management look stupid this year...

Kicker definitely could use an upgrade over Grandpa...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 12:38 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
buf.gif
guys stop....you guys are making my day....where were you two yesterday when i was stuck in the airport...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 12:39 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
atl.gif
ANYWAYS...............

The Atlanta Falcons have selected their defensive backs coach, Emmitt Thomas, as the team's interim head coach, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 12:40 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
atl.gif
By the way,

DHall still has one year on his contract

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 12:44 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 54882
Donate
chi.gif
HND, well played.

Someone famous (you should know who, if you don't, dust off the Classics) said "Brevity is the soul of wit."

I think you guys are missing the subtlety of what he's doing. He's exposing your posts as insufficient without offering an argument because one isn't really needed. I mean, come on, we're talking about going after McNabb, whose asking price of 3 first-round picks and the inevitable injury ensures you years more of mediocrity. Or going after DA with....what? Limited cap room and little to nothing in terms of trade clout?

And you actually disagreed when someone said the Falcons "could use some upgrades pretty much across the board." You have 3 wins. You could use a lot of upgrades. If you don't need upgrading, then the whole team is underachieving, and, yes, coaching is an issue there, but so is being a professional, who rises to the occasion each and every time.

I'm not trying to start a fight. Just doing trying to translate (in my bulky, witless way) what HND is trying, repeatedly, to get through to you.

Regardless, this season sucked for ATL and I feel bad for the team and the fans. As a Bears fan, I know very well what the basement looks like, and it sucks. There's spider webs and it has this funny smell, something moldy or dead about it. Basically it sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 12:45 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36592
Donate
hou.gif
jdferguson07 wrote:
Falcons needs

QB: Obviously this is our most pressing issue
RB: Dunn is aging. Someone to compliment Norwood is needed
WR: Roddy (deep threat), Jenkins (possession guy), Robinson definitely has a bright future ahead of him
TE: Crumpler and Martrez Milner were not utilized enough- no upgrade necessary
OL: Almost every team in the NFL is looking for more help up front

CB: Someone to compliment DHall.. Is Houston that guy?
FS: Jimmy Williams needs to live up to his hype
SS: Milloy is past his prime and we could use someone here
LB: Boley and Brooking are great players
DL: We have good pass rushing guys, we need a stud run stopper

Biggest needs: QB, OL, DT

actually you gave a pretty good assessment there, although I think Hall is gone after this year due to the Falcons being limited on their cap situation after they take a 10+ million dollar hit when they cut Vick for 2008 and 2009's cap.

I haven't seen that much of Milner to know if he can be the complementary guy since he isn't used overly much at TE.

Given what you are writing above, it would take near perfect drafts and sheer luck in free agency picking up people's scraps with no cap space to be able to compete for the playoffs in the next 2 years. I still think 2010 is your year to have a chance provided your management actually gets with the program in putting the right people in the right place and have excellent drafts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 12:47 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
atl.gif
I agree with everything you pretty much said Checo except:

What is your deal with Norwood? Guy hasn't even been giving a chance and your already labeling him. He's not some little speedy back. Guy can take a hit, and has speed that is scary good, and great in open field.

Why are you laughing at our punter? ST's is very important to success. Don't know why we can never find an okay kicker in free agency, stuff is beyond annoying. Kerney was probably one of the stupidest moves on the defensive side yes, and he's really putting it in the organizations face.

Screw it draft Matt Ryan and throw him to the Wolves. Seen the guy play a lot this year and he is a gamer no doubt about it. Just has to adjust to the speed of the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2007, 12:48 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 23667
Donate
atl.gif
jdferguson07 wrote:
ANYWAYS...............

The Atlanta Falcons have selected their defensive backs coach, Emmitt Thomas, as the team's interim head coach, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true

:?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next