User avatar
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 861
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007
Sand$: 2,930.00
Kelly is reportedly the new HC at ND.

Do you think he is the answer?

Personally I think he is a great coach, but I think the main problem with ND is the local talent sucks and young kids natioanlly dont really care as much about "tradition", that really only works on the local kids.

I think he is a HUGE upgrade over Weiss, but thats not saying much either. It will take him 2-3 years, but he will probably have them as a perennial 9-3 type team that takes advantange of a TERRIBLE SOS.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... lking-to/1
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 44016
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 42,386.62
Sounds about right. He'll make them decent and they'll be slobbered over too much and get their head beaten in at the end of most years.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 5906
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005
Sand$: 7,719.36
Will Kelly make ND relevant again?


No
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 20533
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006
Sand$: 18,373.20
Agree...he's an upgrade over Weiss but that's not saying much.

After watching his performance at the end of the first half in the Pitt game when he threw his kicker under the bus on national TV for missing a 55 yard field goal into the wind into the open end at Heinz Field, I lost any respect I had for the guy.

If your true character is revealed in times of adversity, his performance at the end of that first half spoke volumes to me about what he is all about.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 35370
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 145,528.36
I just watched some of the press conference on TV in my office here..

My impression - if this doesn't work out for him his future is going be a southern baptist preacher or politician :lol:


the ubber drool this guy is spitting about ND is disgusting..
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 19102
Joined: Wed Sep 3, 2003
Sand$: 28,685.08
Reminds me a lot of Dennis Franchione. Skips from minor school to minor school, finally gets a few big wins, fools a big-time school into hiring him.

Fail.
_______________________________________

Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM . Please use the back door.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 33833
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005
Sand$: 27,503.24
gballs1 wrote:Reminds me a lot of Dennis Franchione. Skips from minor school to minor school, finally gets a few big wins, fools a big-time school into hiring him.

Fail.


Yep, for every Urban Meyer, there are 10 Dan Hawkins.
_______________________________________

What about beans?
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 35370
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 145,528.36
just heard an excerpt I missed earlier..

"you don't win games with X's and O's ... you win by working on it. You win by working on it."

what?..
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 35370
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 145,528.36
Barry Alvarez started a hard push again back in March with Notre Dame to get a series of games with Wiscosnin. As a former assistant to Lou Holtz at ND I'm curious to find out how all his trips and meetings at South Bend went and how the new hire might affect it and if theres a relationship there at all with Kelly to build on.
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 20533
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006
Sand$: 18,373.20
Assuming the fans in the stands aren't upside down standing on their heads, the problems at Notre Dame go far beyond the football coach....


Image
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 35370
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 145,528.36
jesteva wrote:Assuming the fans in the stands aren't upside down standing on their heads, the problems at Notre Dame go far beyond the football coach....


Image


Nice .. :lol:

Kelly was so gung ho about the institutions academics
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 15221
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006
Sand$: 10,564.86
Personally, I would never send a kid of mine to play for a guy who bailed on his team right before the biggest game of their lives. He had a responsibility to the kids at Cincinnati.

Makes me a little sick...
_______________________________________

Image
Image
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36724
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004
Sand$: 10,382.53
no. It's over for Shame. Noone wants to play for some independent team in the middle of nowhere.
_______________________________________

OAK 34 PIT 31
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 44016
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 42,386.62
und2006 wrote:Personally, I would never send a kid of mine to play for a guy who bailed on his team right before the biggest game of their lives. He had a responsibility to the kids at Cincinnati.

Makes me a little sick...


What if realistically this is the only time the window's open to take the job?

Besides, college football became big business a long time ago. These aren't young, doe-eyed innocents making up his football team. A lot of them treated colleges much worse during the recruiting process, committing, decommitting and so on.

The players do have a right to be upset that they were probably lied to, but they're not really kids anymore.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 861
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007
Sand$: 2,930.00
pwbowen wrote:
und2006 wrote:Personally, I would never send a kid of mine to play for a guy who bailed on his team right before the biggest game of their lives. He had a responsibility to the kids at Cincinnati.

Makes me a little sick...


What if realistically this is the only time the window's open to take the job?

Besides, college football became big business a long time ago. These aren't young, doe-eyed innocents making up his football team. A lot of them treated colleges much worse during the recruiting process, committing, decommitting and so on.

The players do have a right to be upset that they were probably lied to, but they're not really kids anymore.

+1

I think the blame needs to be put on the shoulders of NCAA, and ND as well.

In the NFL what would happen to a team if they were interviewing a coach and trying to steal him away during the playoffs? They would fine the coach, and the organization. In college its become the norm, but it really only screws the little guys so the NCAA has proven they dont care.
_______________________________________

Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest