FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 10.02.2014, 11:29

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri 03.11.2011, 16:45 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 35790
Donate
car.gif
The count so far is 5. Dismissed from the team due to criminal arrest. So far. :roll:

Here's the latest:

Auburn coach Gene Chizik has dismissed four players from the national champions after they were arrested on robbery and other charges early Friday morning.

Auburn police said Mike McNeil, Antonio Goodwin, Shaun Kitchens and Dakota Mosley were each charged with five counts of first-degree robbery, one count of first-degree burglary and one count of third-degree theft of property.

Police said there were no injuries reported. The four were in a vehicle stopped by police based on a description given by the victims, and officers recovered a pistol and property reported stolen from the residence.
----------
Auburn also kicked running back Eric Smith off the team following his Feb. 22 arrest on a third-degree domestic violence charge.

from: http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Four-Auburn-players-dismissed-from-team-after-arrest-031111

Fairley's had some questionable on-field issues but no criminal charges that I've ever heard of.

Cam Newton announced no knowledge of the robbery group or the domestic violence attacks.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Fri 03.11.2011, 22:40 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5706
Donate
det.gif
pwbowen wrote:
The count so far is 5. Dismissed from the team due to criminal arrest. So far. :roll:

Here's the latest:

Auburn coach Gene Chizik has dismissed four players from the national champions after they were arrested on robbery and other charges early Friday morning.

Auburn police said Mike McNeil, Antonio Goodwin, Shaun Kitchens and Dakota Mosley were each charged with five counts of first-degree robbery, one count of first-degree burglary and one count of third-degree theft of property.

Police said there were no injuries reported. The four were in a vehicle stopped by police based on a description given by the victims, and officers recovered a pistol and property reported stolen from the residence.
----------
Auburn also kicked running back Eric Smith off the team following his Feb. 22 arrest on a third-degree domestic violence charge.

from: http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Four-Auburn-players-dismissed-from-team-after-arrest-031111

Fairley's had some questionable on-field issues but no criminal charges that I've ever heard of.

Cam Newton announced no knowledge of the robbery group or the domestic violence attacks.

I would wait until they uncover all of the dirt at tosu first.

PostPosted: Sat 03.12.2011, 00:18 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
lousylions wrote:
pwbowen wrote:

Here's the latest:

----------

So far there are a lot on the list with more and worse criminals on their team, I just thought it was funny that just a few months after winning a title they are already starting to clean house a bit.

And the Auburn HC will be sure to take the Butch Davis defense: I didn't see nuthin' and I didn't no nuthin' so you got to leave this Head Moron all alone.

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Wed 03.30.2011, 08:30 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
Wednesday night on Real Sports with former Auburn football players dishing on the dirt at Auburn. This is basically ancient history now with a new regime in charge in Auburn, but it shouldn't be a shocker to anyone who's not naive about college football and what schools will do to win:

On what caused McClover to sign with Auburn over Ohio State:
Kremer voiceover: “McClover says what he asked for was money. A lot of it. And that he got it. Delivered in a bookbag, exact amount unknown.”

Kremer to McClover: “You opened it up, what are you thinking?”

McClover: “I almost passed out. I literally almost passed out I couldn’t believe it was true. I felt like I owed them.”

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/ex-auburn-players-claim-systematic-pay-to-play-29592

PostPosted: Fri 04.15.2011, 07:19 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15267
Donate
pwbowen wrote:
Wednesday night on Real Sports with former Auburn football players dishing on the dirt at Auburn. This is basically ancient history now with a new regime in charge in Auburn, but it shouldn't be a shocker to anyone who's not naive about college football and what schools will do to win:

On what caused McClover to sign with Auburn over Ohio State:
Kremer voiceover: “McClover says what he asked for was money. A lot of it. And that he got it. Delivered in a bookbag, exact amount unknown.”

Kremer to McClover: “You opened it up, what are you thinking?”

McClover: “I almost passed out. I literally almost passed out I couldn’t believe it was true. I felt like I owed them.”

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/ex-auburn-players-claim-systematic-pay-to-play-29592

Good thing its an isolated incident and youd never get any other former Auburn players caught accused of pay-to-play ;)

And yup, definitely up there for dirt :thumbright:

PostPosted: Sat 04.23.2011, 12:57 
Moderatorbaiter

Sand$: 8236
Donate
dal.gif

PostPosted: Sat 04.23.2011, 17:15 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
=D> :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :thumbright:

PostPosted: Tue 04.26.2011, 09:47 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 8772
Donate
oak.gif
Honestly, no one did "criminal football" better than Booby "They're just kiiids!!" Bowden and Free Shoes University, no matter how hard The U tried.

PostPosted: Tue 04.26.2011, 10:07 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
Blzbba wrote:
Honestly, no one did "criminal football" better than Booby "They're just kiiids!!" Bowden and Free Shoes University, no matter how hard The U tried.

Ahhhh, the Criminoles. Good times, good times.

PostPosted: Sun 05.15.2011, 23:13 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 8258
Donate
det.gif
Ohio State is coming on strong...

PostPosted: Wed 06.08.2011, 05:35 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5706
Donate
det.gif
lousylions wrote:
pwbowen wrote:

Here's the latest:

----------

Most recent news is a named source is saying Pryor received $40k last year for signing autographs. I don't think they are done yet. Auburn maybe a close second to tosu though.

PostPosted: Wed 06.08.2011, 11:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3186
Donate
cle.gif
lousylions wrote:
Most recent news is a named source is saying Pryor received $40k last year for signing autographs. I don't think they are done yet. Auburn maybe a close second to tosu though.

I got a feeling Pryor could be in all kinds of trouble when it is said and done. The IRS probably will not look too kindly on that money and want their cut. I don't see him as a QB in the NFL, so I think he will have to be a project and he likely will not get paid what he once expected as a project QB or a position change player coming out of the supplemental draft.

PostPosted: Sat 06.11.2011, 11:41 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1926
Donate
ten.gif
PBowen - you hate much? :wink:

The thread title is just a wee bit trollish don't ya think? I mean as a USCe fan, I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with some sour grapes maybe?

All homerism aside - my school has a history of not playing by the rules. If I'm completely honest with myself about the past year, then I would have to say that I'm not going to be the least bit surprised if we all don't see a repeat of USC 2004 in a few years. And that will be a shame if it happens - a disgusting, sad, pitiful shame...

But to ask if they are the dirtiest team ever and to try and support that with the arrests earlier this year, the HBO special, and a shot at the whole Cam Newton saga is a bit weak IMO. You should have gone back a little further and thrown in the names Ramsey, Beaube, or Fuell. Even then from an all time perspective, OU, SMU, and my crimson brethren from across the state would give Auburn a run for its money in the "dirtiest of all time" department. My personal vote would be for SMU but hey I'm biased!

This whole thing with tOSU is showing me that if there is dirt there, then the NCAA is eventually going to find it. Now, considering the NCAA basically has had a branch office open on The Plains for the better part of 9 months now and nothing more substantive than Cam's one minute ineligibility has emerged is encouraging.

He**, maybe Auburn pulled of the perfect crime this time and the NCAA will never be able to nail them for it. I think that possibility is what infuriates fans of other schools more than the actual dirty deed itself. Only time will tell I guess. In the mean time, haters gonna hate!

Oh and on a side note PBowen, I think your man Spurrier had it right this past week with his per game payment plan idea. It won't surprise me one bit if we see something like that in 10 or 15 years in the college game. Until something like that happens, as fans we are always going to have the Newtons and Pryors of the college football world.

Fantasy Football Extravaganza
Squalid Ancient Chaps
Blow it up! College Fantasy League

PostPosted: Sat 06.11.2011, 12:27 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
If the Newton allegations were true then I would put them in the Top 10 of dirtiest teams although I suspect Switzer's OU days and some of those Hurricane teams were filthier.

The reference was for 1 particular team, not an indictment of an institution.

Perhaps they've committed the perfect crime, perhaps Cam was obliviously innocent, whatever.

I think it's an interesting topic as we see more and more dirt on different schools in CFB with issues.

Only Butch Davis has been able to claim to be too stupid to realize that his tutor or his buddy Blake were doing dirty things and somehow survive it.

I hate the pay players thing, it's the beginning of legal payoffs that will continue to escalate.

Oh, and if the NCAA doesn't find it then it never happened. Riiiiiiiight. Come up for air every now and then, we wouldn't want that sand to choke ya. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri 06.24.2011, 10:51 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10602
Donate
Auburn is dirty as hell. Jburton71 is major Auburn homer.. He probably thinks Auburn will have a winning record this season 2.. I think they will be slammed by the NCAA within the next 3-5 years.