FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 04.23.2014, 22:42

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Miami....
PostPosted: Sun 08.21.2011, 17:45 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12306
Donate
den.gif
ross3650 wrote:
The Dragon wrote:
With that in mind why care about/pay attention to sports at all?

Your statement today is far from what you have said in regard to cheating is college sports previously. What is your stance? "Too busy worrying about the end of the world" as you say now or "it's a dumb rule so who cares?" As you've said previously?

Oh yeah, they're dumb rules too.

And I love football, but I don't really care what makes it tick. Breaking rules in college or bickering about money in the nfl, just as long as they come out of the tunnle on Saturday and Sunday...

But rather than reply to my points you just give a "Meh, the world is ending. I don't care about this", your opinion is quite uninformed. There are rules in place in both College and NFL to maintain a level playing field, without which the game would not be what it is today. Circumventing these rules is wrong and hurts the game you love. Weather you like the rules or not the players who choose to play also choose to follow the rules, if they don't like the rules then they can choose not to play. The rules are the rules, if you submit yourself to an authority you submit yourself to their rules. To me it's as simple as that.

PostPosted: Tue 08.23.2011, 09:43 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 6936
Donate
oak.gif
I'd bet that neither Ohio St. nor The U will get much more than expensive slaps on the wrist.

"Too big to punish". You watch.

PostPosted: Tue 08.23.2011, 10:44 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11326
Donate
chi.gif
The Dragon wrote:
ross3650 wrote:
The Dragon wrote:
With that in mind why care about/pay attention to sports at all?

Your statement today is far from what you have said in regard to cheating is college sports previously. What is your stance? "Too busy worrying about the end of the world" as you say now or "it's a dumb rule so who cares?" As you've said previously?

Oh yeah, they're dumb rules too.

And I love football, but I don't really care what makes it tick. Breaking rules in college or bickering about money in the nfl, just as long as they come out of the tunnle on Saturday and Sunday...

But rather than reply to my points you just give a "Meh, the world is ending. I don't care about this", your opinion is quite uninformed. There are rules in place in both College and NFL to maintain a level playing field, without which the game would not be what it is today. Circumventing these rules is wrong and hurts the game you love. Weather you like the rules or not the players who choose to play also choose to follow the rules, if they don't like the rules then they can choose not to play. The rules are the rules, if you submit yourself to an authority you submit yourself to their rules. To me it's as simple as that.

You're right; my opinion is very uninformed and just that...an opinion. It's actually less than an opinion and more of a feeling. This all ties back to the fact that I don't really care what goes on. It went on long before there was exposure to it as well. Should we start digging up bodies for questioning?

PostPosted: Wed 08.24.2011, 20:49 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 33457
Donate
car.gif
K, aside from the "head in the sand" approach, the major issue here still isn't really addressed: BOOSTERS.

There's very little that can be done to them if they are caught paying players. It's not illegal, the school can simply ban them from games/campus but that's about it.

And the Boosters are smart enough that they spread their money around to the entire university. You can't simply evict them from the sports programs, they're donating $$$ to other areas as they seem to love getting their names on buildings.

Until the Booster issue is addressed, you're arresting the drug users (athletes) and telling the dealers (Boosters) to take a walk to the next corner.

As far as working, not allowed. And the issue is controlling under the table gifts by overpaying for work or even non-work.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

You're like the Michael Jordan of being a son of a beetch.

PostPosted: Tue 08.30.2011, 22:27 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 1721
Donate
mia.gif
Quote:
Of the current players, defensive lineman Olivier Vernon will miss six games and have to repay more than $1,200. Safety Ray-Ray Armstrong and tight end Dyron Dye will sit out four games. Armstrong must repay $788, Dye $738. Five others, defensive lineman Marcus Forston, linebacker Sean Spence, defensive lineman Adewale Ojomo, receiver Travis Benjamin and quarterback Jacory Harris will miss just one game. Forston must repay more than $400, Spence about $275, Ojomo $240, Benjamin more than $150 and Harris more than $140.

This is from the latest yahoo story on this. Ray Ray and Dye were the worst offenders along with Vernon that encouraged it from the team aspect. I didn't expect any of them to play again. Everyone else was involved in two stupid events, a pool and bowling tournament. Stupid decisions that should be punished for but this is it, at least since Shannon took over for the piece of SH*****t Coker. And Coker can only be found guilty of being an inept, blind, useless piece of humanity, not for knowingly enabling Shapiro to do his thing. He was too stupid to know about it. Shannon knew what was happening, fired Sean Allen and the others that enabled Shapiro. and rebuilt from there.

They screwed up and they screwed up big for a long time but this is all really minor crap compared to Reggie and Newton. They deserve a heavy suspension and they will receive this but all the death penalty talk was just stupid. Miami is not the program they use to be and won't be until they figure out how to get this monkey off their back. They haven't had a quarterback worth mentioning since Ken Dorsey and he wasn't that good. Until they can put quality in this position, they have no hope of returning to former and future glory.

PostPosted: Wed 09.21.2011, 18:21 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 23459
Donate
cle.gif
Couple of things here:

1.) As PW already noted, scholarship athletes are not allowed to have jobs. The kids need to have a little spending cash,and until this is addressed that part of the cheating will continue.
2.) From what I understand, the death penalty is not in play in this case due to to the parameters set forth by the NCAA governing the aforementioned sanction. A school has to have been found guilty previously of a major violation within a certain time frame, which apparently does not apply here.
3.) IMHO the looming "super-conference" structure may bring with it the end of the NCAA's power. Advertisers do not care about who sanctions these sports, only in their ability to draw viewers.