FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 09.17.2014, 04:33

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: SEC Basketball 2011-2012
PostPosted: Fri 11.11.2011, 14:21 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 25697
Donate
cle.gif
Another college basketball season begins!! :party-smiley-050:

UK will have a tremendous team again this year. This very well may be the most talented squad I have ever seen in Lexington, rivaled only by the 96 squad which had 7 NBA players on it. I think this squad may be better at every position (with the possible exception of PG) than last year's final four team.

PG-Teague is another stud. Not as fast as Wall (but then again,who is), nor as good a shooter as Knight, but may have an overall game that translates better at the college level. Only time will tell how he handles big game pressure, but he has the look of top level team leader.

SG-Doron Lamb was outstanding last year,shooting +45% from deep while showing the ability to get to the rack. He may not start this year!! Michael Gillcrist-Kidd is absolutely unreal. Guy plays with an intensity that is often reserved for far less talented athletes. Anyone who appreciates basketball will love watching this kid play.

SF- Darius Miller is long,strong and a great,albeit quite leader. Super overall skill set that will cause matchup nightmares to opposing teams just like last year. Kyle Wiljer is a talented youngster with a great stroke (McDonalds 3-point champ) who at 6'9" has a great court awareness and superior passing skills.

PF- Terrance Jones is bigger,faster and more developed than last year. Obviously working with all the pros in town this summer helped TJ define those areas that he needed to improve in. Absolute monster year in store.

C-Anthony Davis has all the tools to be an overall #1 NBA pick. 6'10" with long arms and great hops, he will be a great defensive presence in the post who will get tons of put backs and dunks due to Jones' presence. Needs to add strength to be sure, but has an unique skill set rarely seen in the college game. Eloy Vargas is big,strong and as improved from his summer with the Dominican National team. Should be more than serviceable as a #2 center.

The NBA lockout worked in UK's favor IMO, as a boatload of NBA players were in town all summer long. Pick-up games aside--which rumor has it were INTENSE--the guys in the league now are some of the very few people who these kids will listen to. Having John Wall and Rajon Rondo work with Teague is a huge bonus and should pay benefits for this years team.

May the NBA cancel their entire season--more cbb for me!! GO CATS!!!

PostPosted: Fri 11.11.2011, 16:55 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
Since last year's thread title merited several snide comments I changed the title to cover the entire SEC. Not that anyone in the SEC really cares about basketball, other than the big blue of course. With that said I suspect the SEC will be vastly improved this year. Vandy is very,very good and should be a top 15 squad all year. I really like their team. Good size and depth,very athletic wings and a tough,savvy point guard. Florida is another top 20 team with the potential to be MUCH better than last year's #2 seed. Billy Munster always seems to land top 10 recruiting classes down there. To bad they can't seem to get anybody in Gainsville to care enough to actually attend the games. Bama will be very good this year and I suspect will be the class of the west. Vastly underrated last season, they should garner a little more respect this year. MSU is talented and should be a tourney team, although I admit to thinking the same thing last year. Georgia lost a lot from last season, but strong coaching could make them a suprise tourney bubble team. Poor PW's cocks could really struggle again this year, but college baseball season is never too far away.

PostPosted: Fri 11.11.2011, 16:59 
Moderatorbaiter

Sand$: 8120
Donate
dal.gif
SEC basketball will be even better next year when A&M and Missouri join.

PostPosted: Fri 11.11.2011, 18:56 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
Really curious to see how they will align the schools next year. Both schools bring something to the table ang should be great additions.

PostPosted: Wed 11.16.2011, 14:37 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
Nice win last night against a decent Kansas team. UK is long and aggressive and will kill a lot of teams with their transition game. Bet they had 40+ deflections last night, and Davis is an absolute monster on the defensive end. Look out fellas, this team is going to be scary good come March. Now if we could get coach to stop whining about being so young....

PostPosted: Wed 11.16.2011, 15:08 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 9580
Donate
kc.gif
bluemist wrote:
Nice win last night against a decent Kansas team. UK is long and aggressive and will kill a lot of teams with their transition game. Bet they had 40+ deflections last night, and Davis is an absolute monster on the defensive end. Look out fellas, this team is going to be scary good come March. Now if we could get coach to stop whining about being so young....

UK's run straight out of halftime put the game away. KU couldn't match the Wildcats athletism, and the Jayhawks flaws were pretty apparent.

Jones was really impressive

Davis will be the #1 pick in the draft.
He also has the best unibrow in the country...I couldn't take my eyes off of it :lol:

PostPosted: Thu 11.17.2011, 12:01 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
FEAR THE UNIBROW!!!! Agree that Davis could be the 1st pick. Kid has a unique skill set--gets up and down the court really well for a big guy. MKG (Michael Kidd-Gilcrest) is amazing. Rarely have I ever seen such a supremely talented kid that plays so hard all the time. He is apparently making everyone better in practice with his effort and enthusiasm.

PostPosted: Wed 12.07.2011, 18:31 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
Ho Hum, another nail biting win against a great UNC team. :Drink) Now thinks get really dicey as IU then UL come up. Indiana may very well beat UK as they will be sky-high to prove they are legitimate. Take the points and IU this week. Louisville will be a crazy game on New Year's Eve. Pitino wants to beat Calipari so bad he can taste it. I guess this state isn't big enough for two Italians I suppose. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed 12.07.2011, 19:53 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 19579
Donate
hou2.gif
bluemist wrote:
Ho Hum, another nail biting win against a great UNC team. :Drink) Now thinks get really dicey as IU then UL come up. Indiana may very well beat UK as they will be sky-high to prove they are legitimate. Take the points and IU this week. Louisville will be a crazy game on New Year's Eve. Pitino wants to beat Calipari so bad he can taste it. I guess this state isn't big enough for two Italians I suppose. :lol:

No chance. IU is a high school. Kentucky covers easily.

PostPosted: Thu 12.08.2011, 19:06 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
I hope you are right LV, but I expect IU will slow things down and keep it very tight in what will be the Cats' first true road game. Bloomington will be rocking Saturday, and this will be the Superbowl for Indiana as they are being told that they cannot compete with UK.

PostPosted: Sun 12.11.2011, 07:27 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
Ho Hum,another high intensity game for the Wildcats at Bloomington. Great effort by a couple of the kids (MKG,Lamb and Teague in particular). Davis learned that on the road the games will often be officiated unevenly, so staying on your feet is paramount if you want to play more than 24 minutes. TJ sulked about his mugging, which I am sure Cal will use as a great teaching point. Teague grew up some yesterday which bodes well for the future.

Nice to see the Hoosiers back. CBB is a better place when IU is relevant.

PostPosted: Sun 01.01.2012, 19:22 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
Ho hum, another win against a top 5 team. :Drink) Honestly thought that U of L had another great game plan to negate the Cats' athletic superiority by hacking the game into a free throw shooting contest. MKG is a friggin' freak!! I honestly have not seen a better overall player in college basketball this year. He excels in every aspect of the game, a truly rare commodity in today's game. This guy may be the best player in the country right now and has the look of a future superstar in the NBA.

With all that said Davis changed the game with his defense Saturday. His presence in the middle gives UK an advantage that cannot be overstated. Fear The 'Brow!!

BKCSKMA :lol:

PostPosted: Sat 01.07.2012, 14:11 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
Cats and Cocks today in Rupp. Should be a good chance for the Cats to try some different looks today.

Horn is in trouble at USC. Good coach at a school where basketball is something to do between the bowl game and baseball season. :F

PostPosted: Mon 01.23.2012, 18:13 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
Can we all now admit that the SEC is not the horrible basketball conference that so many blindly call it? UK is as good as anybody, with perhaps the highest growth potential in the country. Vandy is a very good team now that they have their team back together. UT is a MUCH better team with the big Stokes kid in the mix. Florida is streaky but super talented, and great guard play is always critical come March. MSU is very solid, a hard-nosed team that will probably beat UK at home in a few weeks. Alabama's record in no way reflects how solid a team they are. Arkansas just showed they can compete with the top half of the B1G, which looks to be the "best" conference this year.

This is the strongest I have seen the league in several years.

BKCKMA

PostPosted: Fri 01.27.2012, 21:21 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 280039
Donate
den.gif
i will only admit that your boys are for real and as long as they dont choke will be in the final four!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next