FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 11.25.2014, 19:16

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon 08.08.2011, 10:22 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 10.19.2004, 19:33
Posts: 24290
Sand$: 79209
Donate
Location: New York City
Fighting Amish wrote:
Boogs34 wrote:
Jerky wrote:
My buddies and I will be getting one of these games, but we haven't figured out which yet. Big fan of COD MW &MW2. Black Ops was meh IMO. I played BFBC2 for maybe 10 minutes. The disc I rented had a scratch on it and only let me play for a short time before freezing up. So I can't really say much on the series. Talked to a guy at the local Best Buy and he was real stoked about BF3 though. I am definatly interested in the rest of the tank's opinions on this debate.

well "MW3" is made by the same dummies who developed Black Ops (treyarch) whereas MW1 and MW2 were made by Infinity Ward.

So expect MW3 to be the meh just like Black Ops & World at War - because talentless hacks ruin the greatness of what the prior developers made. The more games they make the crappier it will get...noticed the crappier campaign with a crappier story and took out the co-op as well in Black Ops. Oh yeah and they failed to make anything like the 2 person sniping type missions from MW1 and MW2 that made you say "WOW". No, none of that by Treyarch.


Didnt Infinity ward abandon the game once they got their money and lost all their programmers? There was no follow up support

Basically. Note that all the talent from Infinity Ward (that being the talent that created the first two Modern Warfare games has left Infinity Ward and Activision). Infinity Ward is now just a bunch of hacks from Activision while the talent is now at Respawn Entertainment. Looking forward to what they produce next.

In the mean time I will maybe purchase MW3 once it falls to $20. Too busy enjoying new games by talented designers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 08.08.2011, 20:55 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sun 11.07.2004, 00:18
Posts: 11740
Sand$: 58323
Donate
Location: Wash.
sea.gif
I can see your guys' points. I'll stick with COD though. Don't play single player. Black Ops is a good game, there may be a little lag but not enough to hinder me from playing it and raping. Give me some new maps, guns and reshuffle the perks and kill streaks and I'm a happy camper. All about the multiplayer for me--

_________________
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 08.10.2011, 00:54 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sat 07.09.2005, 14:37
Posts: 27119
Sand$: 9590
Donate
Location: America's North Coast
cle.gif
newmancrew wrote:
I can see your guys' points. I'll stick with COD though. Don't play single player. Black Ops is a good game, there may be a little lag but not enough to hinder me from playing it and raping. Give me some new maps, guns and reshuffle the perks and kill streaks and I'm a happy camper. All about the multiplayer for me--


Agreed! I rarely if ever play the campaigns. I'll try it, perhaps it's good, but never finish.

_________________
Image
"It's hard to make predictions, especially about the future."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 08.21.2011, 20:26 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Mon 08.16.2004, 17:56
Posts: 6339
Sand$: 37086
Donate
Location: Michigan
det.gif
newmancrew wrote:
Black Ops is a good game, there may be a little lag but not enough to hinder me from playing it and raping. Give me some new maps, guns and reshuffle the perks and kill streaks and I'm a happy camper. All about the multiplayer for me--


^this

I played the crap out of Battlefield 2 Modern Combat. Love it until people started to find the glitches and hacks. Never bought the Bad Company games. Now I play the crap out of Black Ops. I don't know what the glitches and hacks are that you are all talking about? Somebody once accused me of using a "modded controler" :lol: Maybe that's an issue. Sometimes I wonder if players have a map hack of some sort, but I usually chalk it up to them being a pimply-faced 13 year old kid who only gets off the XBOX to piss. And I rarely notice any lag.

I'll probably get both at some point. I do miss driving the tanks and flying the helicopters in Battlefield.

_________________
2014 Leagues

Bottom-Dweller 6 Shark League 5-6
Deep Black Dynasty 10-1
Work $ League 3-8
Homer $$ League 6-5


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 08.28.2011, 19:29 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 10.19.2004, 19:33
Posts: 24290
Sand$: 79209
Donate
Location: New York City
I just can't handle online gaming anymore with a bunch of 13 year olds yelling racial epithets. I know you can mute it but I just don't find it all that fun anymore.

I'm back to single player and co-op games exclusively.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 09.01.2011, 11:16 
Offline
Leopard Shark

Joined: Sat 08.08.2009, 18:14
Posts: 161
Sand$: 416
Donate
BF3 has larger maps and vehicles , sniper friendly... Spawn camp/flags... people will kill people in the spawn.. capture nodes, spawn on squad leaders... different classes

MW3 faster paced , cant snipe very well with an actual sniper rifle.. only so many spots to snipe and most people will know where the sniper is/might be.


Ill be getting BF3 for PS3, and probably get MW3 for CPU... pending because if my friends online wanna get BF3 I might not get it for ps3 since i got for both systems once... (bought a used copy, still Pricey)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 09.02.2011, 07:34 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Thu 08.31.2006, 19:28
Posts: 32666
Sand$: 55513
Donate
Location: Home of UNI Panthers
min.gif
ezze wrote:
BF3 has larger maps and vehicles , sniper friendly... Spawn camp/flags... people will kill people in the spawn.. capture nodes, spawn on squad leaders... different classes

MW3 faster paced , cant snipe very well with an actual sniper rifle.. only so many spots to snipe and most people will know where the sniper is/might be.


Ill be getting BF3 for PS3, and probably get MW3 for CPU... pending because if my friends online wanna get BF3 I might not get it for ps3 since i got for both systems once... (bought a used copy, still Pricey)

With regard to sniping, I thought MW2 was very sniper friendly. Throw on a thermal scope and a 50 cal with stopping power and you were unstoppable. Easily my favorite weapon in MW2. BO gets a bad rap because there is no stopping power, but I really don't have any problem sniping. There are quite a few maps that work great for it, especially on the new map pack (Silo is GREAT for sniping). So I don't know that I would agree with that. I agree that the spots are pretty well known, but that's not a bad thing. It's kind of annoying when you have 10 snipers on the other team in BF and you CAN'T find them. If they are any good, it's impossible to get close and makes for a very boring match.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 09.02.2011, 07:42 
Offline
Leopard Shark

Joined: Sat 08.08.2009, 18:14
Posts: 161
Sand$: 416
Donate
unimsw wrote:
ezze wrote:
BF3 has larger maps and vehicles , sniper friendly... Spawn camp/flags... people will kill people in the spawn.. capture nodes, spawn on squad leaders... different classes

MW3 faster paced , cant snipe very well with an actual sniper rifle.. only so many spots to snipe and most people will know where the sniper is/might be.


Ill be getting BF3 for PS3, and probably get MW3 for CPU... pending because if my friends online wanna get BF3 I might not get it for ps3 since i got for both systems once... (bought a used copy, still Pricey)

With regard to sniping, I thought MW2 was very sniper friendly. Throw on a thermal scope and a 50 cal with stopping power and you were unstoppable. Easily my favorite weapon in MW2. BO gets a bad rap because there is no stopping power, but I really don't have any problem sniping. There are quite a few maps that work great for it, especially on the new map pack (Silo is GREAT for sniping). So I don't know that I would agree with that. I agree that the spots are pretty well known, but that's not a bad thing. It's kind of annoying when you have 10 snipers on the other team in BF and you CAN'T find them. If they are any good, it's impossible to get close and makes for a very boring match.



Very map dependent, pretty much everymap in BF2 you could snipe. Tho engineer who was good lonnnnnng distance with the Gustuv might get ya haha.

So yeah you can snipe but you wont be very useful in mw3 sniping. Unless they changed it, which I doubt they changed the gameplay that much, its a cash cow.

Thats the point to sniping... finding a new spot, keep moving so when they go to look for you, bang you get em again. Try delta force where you can snipe at 1000+ m's ... those were the good ol days... havent played one in a very long time... but loved it.

Mw3 is all about positioning, when you have a team that moves well together and keeps cutting off the other team before they can get settled they get rocked. gotta run around to do it, cant just sit in the ideal sniping spot. Unless of course your doing an objective where you are camping but then again you dont want a sniper in most cases... and most maps. You can snipe with an assault rifle and be better than a "sniper" just because the maps arent that big and still be effective close range.

Most of the time in BF2 if you were sniping you'd be looking for the other snipers first, and sometimes it was annoying when there were too many snipers! because your team wouldnt move forward bceause you got half the team as snipers in the back.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 09.02.2011, 08:32 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Thu 08.31.2006, 19:28
Posts: 32666
Sand$: 55513
Donate
Location: Home of UNI Panthers
min.gif
ezze wrote:
unimsw wrote:
ezze wrote:
BF3 has larger maps and vehicles , sniper friendly... Spawn camp/flags... people will kill people in the spawn.. capture nodes, spawn on squad leaders... different classes

MW3 faster paced , cant snipe very well with an actual sniper rifle.. only so many spots to snipe and most people will know where the sniper is/might be.


Ill be getting BF3 for PS3, and probably get MW3 for CPU... pending because if my friends online wanna get BF3 I might not get it for ps3 since i got for both systems once... (bought a used copy, still Pricey)

With regard to sniping, I thought MW2 was very sniper friendly. Throw on a thermal scope and a 50 cal with stopping power and you were unstoppable. Easily my favorite weapon in MW2. BO gets a bad rap because there is no stopping power, but I really don't have any problem sniping. There are quite a few maps that work great for it, especially on the new map pack (Silo is GREAT for sniping). So I don't know that I would agree with that. I agree that the spots are pretty well known, but that's not a bad thing. It's kind of annoying when you have 10 snipers on the other team in BF and you CAN'T find them. If they are any good, it's impossible to get close and makes for a very boring match.



Very map dependent, pretty much everymap in BF2 you could snipe. Tho engineer who was good lonnnnnng distance with the Gustuv might get ya haha.

So yeah you can snipe but you wont be very useful in mw3 sniping. Unless they changed it, which I doubt they changed the gameplay that much, its a cash cow.

Thats the point to sniping... finding a new spot, keep moving so when they go to look for you, bang you get em again. Try delta force where you can snipe at 1000+ m's ... those were the good ol days... havent played one in a very long time... but loved it.

Mw3 is all about positioning, when you have a team that moves well together and keeps cutting off the other team before they can get settled they get rocked. gotta run around to do it, cant just sit in the ideal sniping spot. Unless of course your doing an objective where you are camping but then again you dont want a sniper in most cases... and most maps. You can snipe with an assault rifle and be better than a "sniper" just because the maps arent that big and still be effective close range.

Most of the time in BF2 if you were sniping you'd be looking for the other snipers first, and sometimes it was annoying when there were too many snipers! because your team wouldnt move forward bceause you got half the team as snipers in the back.

You're doing it wrong. :lol: Sniping works just fine in CoD games. Just gotta be good at it. My K/D is higher with the L96 than any assault rifle.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 09.02.2011, 12:49 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 09.11.2008, 16:47
Posts: 4242
Sand$: 1002
Donate
Location: DMV
was.gif
unimsw wrote:
ezze wrote:
unimsw wrote:
ezze wrote:
BF3 has larger maps and vehicles , sniper friendly... Spawn camp/flags... people will kill people in the spawn.. capture nodes, spawn on squad leaders... different classes

MW3 faster paced , cant snipe very well with an actual sniper rifle.. only so many spots to snipe and most people will know where the sniper is/might be.


Ill be getting BF3 for PS3, and probably get MW3 for CPU... pending because if my friends online wanna get BF3 I might not get it for ps3 since i got for both systems once... (bought a used copy, still Pricey)

With regard to sniping, I thought MW2 was very sniper friendly. Throw on a thermal scope and a 50 cal with stopping power and you were unstoppable. Easily my favorite weapon in MW2. BO gets a bad rap because there is no stopping power, but I really don't have any problem sniping. There are quite a few maps that work great for it, especially on the new map pack (Silo is GREAT for sniping). So I don't know that I would agree with that. I agree that the spots are pretty well known, but that's not a bad thing. It's kind of annoying when you have 10 snipers on the other team in BF and you CAN'T find them. If they are any good, it's impossible to get close and makes for a very boring match.



Very map dependent, pretty much everymap in BF2 you could snipe. Tho engineer who was good lonnnnnng distance with the Gustuv might get ya haha.

So yeah you can snipe but you wont be very useful in mw3 sniping. Unless they changed it, which I doubt they changed the gameplay that much, its a cash cow.

Thats the point to sniping... finding a new spot, keep moving so when they go to look for you, bang you get em again. Try delta force where you can snipe at 1000+ m's ... those were the good ol days... havent played one in a very long time... but loved it.

Mw3 is all about positioning, when you have a team that moves well together and keeps cutting off the other team before they can get settled they get rocked. gotta run around to do it, cant just sit in the ideal sniping spot. Unless of course your doing an objective where you are camping but then again you dont want a sniper in most cases... and most maps. You can snipe with an assault rifle and be better than a "sniper" just because the maps arent that big and still be effective close range.

Most of the time in BF2 if you were sniping you'd be looking for the other snipers first, and sometimes it was annoying when there were too many snipers! because your team wouldnt move forward bceause you got half the team as snipers in the back.

You're doing it wrong. :lol: Sniping works just fine in CoD games. Just gotta be good at it. My K/D is higher with the L96 than any assault rifle.

The only problem I see with sniping is that you can run and jump and spin with a sniper rifle and still kill someone. God I hate teenagers. At times I can be pretty darn good with a sniper rifle but it depends on the lag issues.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 09.02.2011, 15:17 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Thu 08.31.2006, 19:28
Posts: 32666
Sand$: 55513
Donate
Location: Home of UNI Panthers
min.gif
general mills wrote:
unimsw wrote:
ezze wrote:
unimsw wrote:
ezze wrote:
BF3 has larger maps and vehicles , sniper friendly... Spawn camp/flags... people will kill people in the spawn.. capture nodes, spawn on squad leaders... different classes

MW3 faster paced , cant snipe very well with an actual sniper rifle.. only so many spots to snipe and most people will know where the sniper is/might be.


Ill be getting BF3 for PS3, and probably get MW3 for CPU... pending because if my friends online wanna get BF3 I might not get it for ps3 since i got for both systems once... (bought a used copy, still Pricey)

With regard to sniping, I thought MW2 was very sniper friendly. Throw on a thermal scope and a 50 cal with stopping power and you were unstoppable. Easily my favorite weapon in MW2. BO gets a bad rap because there is no stopping power, but I really don't have any problem sniping. There are quite a few maps that work great for it, especially on the new map pack (Silo is GREAT for sniping). So I don't know that I would agree with that. I agree that the spots are pretty well known, but that's not a bad thing. It's kind of annoying when you have 10 snipers on the other team in BF and you CAN'T find them. If they are any good, it's impossible to get close and makes for a very boring match.



Very map dependent, pretty much everymap in BF2 you could snipe. Tho engineer who was good lonnnnnng distance with the Gustuv might get ya haha.

So yeah you can snipe but you wont be very useful in mw3 sniping. Unless they changed it, which I doubt they changed the gameplay that much, its a cash cow.

Thats the point to sniping... finding a new spot, keep moving so when they go to look for you, bang you get em again. Try delta force where you can snipe at 1000+ m's ... those were the good ol days... havent played one in a very long time... but loved it.

Mw3 is all about positioning, when you have a team that moves well together and keeps cutting off the other team before they can get settled they get rocked. gotta run around to do it, cant just sit in the ideal sniping spot. Unless of course your doing an objective where you are camping but then again you dont want a sniper in most cases... and most maps. You can snipe with an assault rifle and be better than a "sniper" just because the maps arent that big and still be effective close range.

Most of the time in BF2 if you were sniping you'd be looking for the other snipers first, and sometimes it was annoying when there were too many snipers! because your team wouldnt move forward bceause you got half the team as snipers in the back.

You're doing it wrong. :lol: Sniping works just fine in CoD games. Just gotta be good at it. My K/D is higher with the L96 than any assault rifle.

The only problem I see with sniping is that you can run and jump and spin with a sniper rifle and still kill someone. God I hate teenagers. At times I can be pretty darn good with a sniper rifle but it depends on the lag issues.

Yup, totally agree. I hate 360 montages and no scopes. That's not the way it was meant to be played and only shows how lucky someone is, not their skill. Lag is a killer for sure.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat 09.03.2011, 12:22 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Thu 08.31.2006, 19:28
Posts: 32666
Sand$: 55513
Donate
Location: Home of UNI Panthers
min.gif
If you buy the Hardened Edition of MW3 ($99) then you get a year's membership to CoD Elite. Basically, it's a bunch of stats and analysis that really experienced players probably won't find useful, but here's the kicker... they give you all the map packs, weapon packs, etc free and before anyone else gets them. They are saying new content every month. So basically, spend an extra $40 for the Hardened and get all that stuff free (the bonus downloadable material is worth $60, not including the other features of Elite). Pretty good deal if you play a lot. If you are just casual and won't buy the map packs, then it's not worth it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 09.04.2011, 20:21 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 09.11.2008, 16:47
Posts: 4242
Sand$: 1002
Donate
Location: DMV
was.gif
How much is the elite package going to be? Is it every month payment or a one time payment? So is it just basically a stat tracker?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 09.04.2011, 22:04 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Thu 08.31.2006, 19:28
Posts: 32666
Sand$: 55513
Donate
Location: Home of UNI Panthers
min.gif
general mills wrote:
How much is the elite package going to be? Is it every month payment or a one time payment? So is it just basically a stat tracker?

I think by itself it is $50 or so for a year membership. It tracks all your stats, compares them to your friends, analyzes what weapons you do best with, gives advice, shows heat maps to show where kills occur on maps, gives you more storage for sharing videos, has contests that give you prizes (e.g. best tomahawk video), etc. Honestly, if it weren't for the map packs, I wouldn't get it. But if you like the map packs, it's a good investment.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 09.05.2011, 00:43 
Offline
Leopard Shark

Joined: Sat 08.08.2009, 18:14
Posts: 161
Sand$: 416
Donate
Spend an extra 40$ to buy content that you should already get when you buy the game. What a rip off... I hate EA... dirty !@*)!)*!#!@#*

Not buying it. BF3! it is, assuming that game doesnt do it too...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group