FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 07.24.2014, 07:17

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Carl Edwards
PostPosted: Sun 03.07.2010, 22:30 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32770
Donate
car.gif
Deserves at least 1 week off. I'd like to see a 2 week suspension. That was stupid, reckless, selfish and just plain moronic. Especially when you take out a guy fighting for a top 5 spot.

He basically just admitted that he dumped the guy on purpose in the interview. And then just basically goes, "well, now we're all even so I hope nothing else happens."

Sadly, Crockette's granny panties contain more nads than anyone in NASCAR.

Any doubt if it was some scrub that he'd be parked for 4 races minimum for dumping someone?

And THAT'S why I hate that Cousin Carl persona that they tried to shove down our throats. Edwards is the biggest a-hole in the sport. And yes, I know Robbie Gordon's still driving.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

Post subject: Re: Carl Edwards
PostPosted: Mon 03.08.2010, 01:03 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 58898
Donate
sf.gif
pwbowen wrote:
Deserves at least 1 week off. I'd like to see a 2 week suspension. That was stupid, reckless, selfish and just plain moronic. Especially when you take out a guy fighting for a top 5 spot.

He basically just admitted that he dumped the guy on purpose in the interview. And then just basically goes, "well, now we're all even so I hope nothing else happens."

I have to agree , that was totally uncalled for. Did you see the replay of the lap prior to actually taking out the 12 ? Edwards damn near wrecked himself trying to get to the 12. Plus the initial incident early in the race was no where near intentional by Kesolowski , looked like a racin deal to me.

I like Carl but that was stupid , could have been A LOT worse , what if a fan was injured or killed then what?

At least 2 weeks(races) off would be fine with me.

PostPosted: Mon 03.08.2010, 11:35 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 4633
Donate
dal.gif
I missed it. I was painting my living room. Sounds like trouble for him though. NASCAR will make a big deal out of it while the whole time they are loving it. They love the publicity.

I talked to Jerry Jones over the weekend. I asked him if I could use 6 of his Dallas Cowboys players to be pall bearers at my funeral. He asked me why and I told him that I wanted the Dallas Cowboys to let me down one last time.

PostPosted: Mon 03.08.2010, 12:04 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
5XChamps wrote:
I missed it. I was painting my living room. Sounds like trouble for him though. NASCAR will make a big deal out of it while the whole time they are loving it. They love the publicity.

Absolutely agree on that one. They'll scold Edwards and then play it up somehow. Sorta like the Frances' approach to DUI. Where have I heard "It's ok when we do it"?

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Mon 03.08.2010, 13:43 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 22973
Donate
det.gif
pwbowen wrote:
5XChamps wrote:

Absolutely agree on that one. They'll scold Edwards and then play it up somehow.

Exactly. They'll say there is no place for actions like that in NASCAR while loving every minute of the controversy behind closed doors.
"The drama of NASCAR"

As for what I thought of the incident, my views are in the catchall thread.

PostPosted: Mon 03.08.2010, 14:17 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 8380
Donate
oak.gif
I thought it made for good TV and that Keselowski deserved it. Ya gotta appreciated Edwards' honesty in his interview where he basically admitted that 'Yeah, I did this on purpose and am just sorry that he got flipped. But he's OK so it's all good'.

Beats hell out of "no comment" kind of crap.

I'm also just glad that idiot Edwards didn't prevent Busch from winning on the 2nd restart.

PostPosted: Mon 03.08.2010, 14:58 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
Blzbba wrote:
I thought it made for good TV and that Keselowski deserved it. Ya gotta appreciated Edwards' honesty in his interview where he basically admitted that 'Yeah, I did this on purpose and am just sorry that he got flipped. But he's OK so it's all good'.

Beats hell out of "no comment" kind of crap.

I'm also just glad that idiot Edwards didn't prevent Busch from winning on the 2nd restart.

Sorry, it was Cole Trickle there going back out there.

I will give him a little credit for not just 'no commenting' it, but Carl's been the biggest media created character to come along in NASCAR in a while. Cousin Carl? Seriously? They tried to make him into Opie all grown up as some aww shucks good ol' boy.

As I stated in the other thread, Edwards is a puzzy and should have taken care of whatever 'score' there was face to face. I didn't see anything that deserved it and I wish he'd get a nice fat suspension. I'm glad no one tries to say that it's how it was done years ago. It wasn't. Years ago those guys all worked on their own cars and wouldn't just tear 'em up if they got the baboon redazz like Edwards. They'd meet you at the trailer after the race and slug it out.

I've heard stories of Keselewski rubbing folks the wrong way in Nationwide and Sprint but that was just jackass by Edwards IMO.

PostPosted: Mon 03.08.2010, 15:53 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16736
Donate
atl.gif
pwbowen wrote:

Sadly, Crockette's granny panties contain more nads than anyone in NASCAR.

Any doubt if it was some scrub that he'd be parked for 4 races minimum for dumping someone?

And THAT'S why I hate that Cousin Carl persona that they tried to shove down our throats. Edwards is the biggest a-hole in the sport. And yes, I know Robbie Gordon's still driving.

I've never liked Carl, something about him just rubs me wrong. I think he plays up to that I'm a good guy with a good personality BS, and most of NASCAR eats it up. While I do think NASCAR would benefit from rivalries like this, which is the one positive out of yesterday, what Edwards did yesterday completely crossed the line. Never been a fan and never will. On the other hand I love how Keselowski doesn't take sh*t from anyone just because he is a kid. He might need to tone it down a little bit, but I'm quickly becoming a fan of his.

PostPosted: Mon 03.08.2010, 16:55 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 15633
Donate
pit.gif
I admit that I was one of those that fell for the Opie label on this guy. However, I do not hold the hatred that PW has for him, nor do I think that he deserves a suspension. Not even 1 race. I think he should be put on probation, and that's it. Why do I think they should be that lenient? Because people get spun out on purpose all the time. This time though, the guy flipped. The early race incident, was a racing deal. The only blame there is on Edwards' spotter. Could Kezelowski have let up a bit? Maybe, but that's neither here nor there. Kezelowski has ruffled more than a few feathers, Hamlin and Edwards as of late. Hamlin, in the past, has come right out and said he was going to dump him too, and did it and wasn't suspended. I like Kezelowski's attitude of not giving in because he's the new guy, but there will be payback for some of the things he does on the track. He took out Edwards at Talladega last year and this, no doubt, was part of this pay back.

Sig by Assassin.

PostPosted: Mon 03.08.2010, 17:05 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
bigredmachineffl wrote:
I admit that I was one of those that fell for the Opie label on this guy. However, I do not hold the hatred that PW has for him, nor do I think that he deserves a suspension. Not even 1 race. I think he should be put on probation, and that's it. Why do I think they should be that lenient? Because people get spun out on purpose all the time. This time though, the guy flipped. The early race incident, was a racing deal. The only blame there is on Edwards' spotter. Could Kezelowski have let up a bit? Maybe, but that's neither here nor there. Kezelowski has ruffled more than a few feathers, Hamlin and Edwards as of late. Hamlin, in the past, has come right out and said he was going to dump him too, and did it and wasn't suspended. I like Kezelowski's attitude of not giving in because he's the new guy, but there will be payback for some of the things he does on the track. He took out Edwards at Talladega last year and this, no doubt, was part of this pay back.

I don't hate Edwards but he does annoy me. He's a good driver.

If you buy the 'but in the past' arguement then nothing ever happens. It's the same argument against Goodell ever cleaning up the NFL.

If you're out there 150 laps down hunting someone to wreck them intentionally then you deserve a timeout for acting like a child. NASCAR probation is a joke. It always has been. No one worries about that.

PostPosted: Mon 03.08.2010, 17:48 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
pit.gif
pwbowen wrote:
bigredmachineffl wrote:

I don't hate Edwards but he does annoy me. He's a good driver.

If you buy the 'but in the past' arguement then nothing ever happens. It's the same argument against Goodell ever cleaning up the NFL.

If you're out there 150 laps down hunting someone to wreck them intentionally then you deserve a timeout for acting like a child. NASCAR probation is a joke. It always has been. No one worries about that.

Agreed that the probation may be a joke, but that's how NASCAR handles their 'time outs'. I cannot remember the last driver who was suspended for spinning someone out on purpose. There is no doubt that this was a blatent payback, but again, this payback system is how it's always been. NASCAR has told the drivers to police themselves. With the exception of JPM's comments, I haven't heard any other driver's reaction to this. It would be interesting to see what was being said around garages this morning.

Sig by Assassin.

PostPosted: Mon 03.08.2010, 18:04 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
atl.gif
bigredmachineffl wrote:

Denny Hamlin is a joke. He went to my high school so I should be a fan by default. He acts like he has been in NASCAR for years and is some kind of 35 year old veteran. He was fine with me until he dumped Petty in a race a few years back and acted like he did nothing wrong. He was lucky Petty didn't whip his azz. Bowen you remember that? When Kyle went over to him and slammed down his visor. :lol: Ever since that incident I haven't been a fan of the guy.

PostPosted: Mon 03.08.2010, 18:19 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
pit.gif
He may be a joke, but the fact still remains that he said he would spin Kezelowski out, did it, and NASCAR didn't take any action.

But the question remains, if you spun Hamlin out, and he took you out behind the hauler, could you take him? :lol:

Sig by Assassin.

PostPosted: Mon 03.08.2010, 19:54 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
atl.gif
bigredmachineffl wrote:
He may be a joke, but the fact still remains that he said he would spin Kezelowski out, did it, and NASCAR didn't take any action.

But the question remains, if you spun Hamlin out, and he took you out behind the hauler, could you take him? :lol:

It wouldn't even be close buddy, and I'm not even a fighter. They would have to give me the black flag. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon 03.08.2010, 20:13 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
bigredmachineffl wrote:

The best reaction was Newman a few years ago. Tony Stewart was getting his typical baboon redazz over being involved in an incident with Newman and went whining to the camera as he's prone to do. They approached Newman right after and told him Tony's comments. He just calmly looked at the reporter and told him that Tony knew where he was and he could come down and take it up with him. You could tell he was ready to whip Chubs azz if he wanted to scrap. Stewart, he of the famed slapfest with Jeff Gordon quite a few years ago, wanted none of Ryan "Linebacker" Newman.

Or you could just go Jimmy Spencer and start punching before the guy gets out of the car.

Either of those are better than the Harvick/JPM dance/shove or the helmet throw at car stupidity that we've seen.